Kareyoris: War for The Ancient Realm (Mass-Crossover RP Idea, See Inside for Details)

mr_pibbs

The One True Pibbles
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
solarton__pre_calamity__by_herbomanic12-dbdo2ie.png

Kareyoris (pronounced Kar-Ray-Oris), as it once existed, was a beautiful world blessed by the powers that watch over the universe. The denizens of the land, comprised of numerous races and species who had reached sentience, were prosperous and had no understanding of the concept of fear, hatred, or suffering. Although some might say that because of this, Kareyoris was not in fact a perfect world, for how could a world be so perfect if it's people had never endured tragedy, hate, or anguish? But no matter what those looking upon it from an outside perspective may have said, Kareyoris thrived for billions of years without a single war or greater conflict to threaten the natural world or it's people.

It was said the cause of this lack of conflict was due to the sacred power that blessed the planet and all who resided on it; Fevaldir, the Flame of Eternity.

fevaldir__the_flame_of_eternity_by_herbomanic12-dbdo7z8.png

It was said that the flame was alive and possessed a form of sentience, having existed almost as long as the universe itself. So long as the flame continued to burn, all of existence would continue alongside it and once it had finally burned out, the ensuing calamity would bring about the end to all things. The universe would cease to exist and all that would remain would be the same emptiness that remained from the days before creation. But the flame not only forced reality to continue, but it possessed the ability to alter it. Since such an all-powerful artifact could be exploited if it fell into the wrong hands (not that the people of Kareyoris ever thought it would), it was hidden away in an astral plane known as the Ancient Realm. There, it would reside, untouched, until the flame was finally extinguished.

The world of Kareyoris was made up of four primary peoples; the living spirits known as the Quua (Coo-Ah), cybernetic beings known as the Kikamos (Key-Kah-Mo-S), the monstrous in appearance but docile at heart Ulis (Ooh-Lee-S), and the pint-sized sprites known as the Litilita (Lit-Eel-E-Ta). In the ancient times, it is said the four races claimed a portion of Kareyoris to inhabit under the guidance of a spirit known as Treyorna (Tray-Or-Nah), who many in the world believe to be responsible for Kareyoris' existence. The Quua took to the south and built small, cosy villages and settlements that were purposefully built far away from the other races, due to the Quua not being a very social species as a whole. The Kikamos took to the North, erecting large, technologically impressive cities that made life for all who lived within them as easy as one could hope for. The Treyorna took to the Swamp lands in the West, feeling quite at home in the muck and darkness of the bogs and mountain regions that surrounded them. Finally, the Kikamos took to the East, choosing to live in exquisite underground tunnels that coalesced into a series of massive cities.

But as the people of Kareyoris began to develop their environments to suit their needs, they began to co-operate with one another to unravel the larger mysteries of the world. Together, they manufactured new medicines and ways of life, invented new and advanced technology, and made the largest scientific discoveries that broke new ground and changed their way of living forever. Out of all of these discoveries, the people saw a single one as their greatest achievement ever; scientific evidence of the existence of other worlds, specifically, other universes parallel to their own.

multiverse_by_herbomanic12-dbdody4.png

After countless years scouring the solar systems of their universe and failing to find other forms of life, the people of Kareyoris had finally learned they were not alone as they had so believed. As they soon learned, Kareyoris existed at the center of the Multiverse, which itself was a universe containing all other parallel plains of existence. They observed countless worlds, each inhabited by their own people and having their own histories. The Gods of Kareyoris did not exist in these parallel worlds, nor did the four races or the planet of Kareyoris. In their place were new gods, other sentient lifeforms, and billions of planets bursting with life. Excited at the possibility to explore and greet their universal neighbors, the people of Kareyoris quickly got to work building a device that would allow them to travel between dimensions.

But with the invention of the device, came the Witch.

queen_nessaris_by_herbomanic12-dbdo2j5.png

Rather than visit other worlds like they had desired, the people of Kareyoris were visited themselves by a woman calling herself Nessaris. She was from an alternate realm shrouded in darkness where the sun never shined, but the people possessed the ability to harness powers far beyond comprehension. She convinced them that she had come to learn from their civilizations to help revive her dying world, and the people of Kareyoris showed her around and introduced her to their world, oblivious to her true purpose; to locate and control the Flame of Eternity. Despite what she claimed, Nessaris' world was in no need of revival. After all, she had conquered it years ago using her dark powers. But despite reigning over her own dimension with an iron fist, Nessaris had grown tired of her world and sought to further spread her influence to worlds apart from her own. She had been summoned to Kareyoris by a fluke in the device, but in her eyes, the event was a blessing in disguise. Not only did she now understand that other dimensions existed, but with the knowledge of the Flame gifted to her by the people of Kareyoris, she realized that she could essentially become a Goddess in her own right.

By the time the people of Kareyoris realized what she had planned, Nessaris' invasion had already begun, aided by the fact that the world's native people were defenseless against the other-worldly threat. She used the dimensional device to help pull her armies into Kareyoris, knowing that the gateway to the Ancient Realm resided somewhere on the planet. But after the invasion was a success, Nessaris scoured the world in search of the gateway to no avail. When the people refused to divulge how to unlock the door to the Ancient Realm, or admitted that they simply did not know how, Nessaris ordered a planet-wide genocide of the four races, seeing their continued existence as purposeless if they could not provide her with the information she required.

solarton_by_herbomanic12-dbdo2i7.png

Nearly thirty years of her rule passed and in that time, Queen Nessaris' search for the Ancient Realm and the Flame had not ceased. The four races were nearly hunted to extinction, although the few that survived did so either by allying themselves with Nessaris' army, or they went into exile. Although she possessed the means for dimensional travel, Queen Nessaris refused to leave Kareyoris without first acquiring the Flame, as she would re-write the multiverse in her image and rule over all existence itself.

However, thanks to the efforts of a small team of rebels, Nessaris hubris may have led to her undoing.

Understanding that the people of Kareyoris could not defend themselves from the threats their world (and all of reality) faced, they instead decided to call upon the aid of those who could from alternate worlds. Using the dimensional device, they would bring the champions of the multiverse to the ravaged world with the hope that they would band together and bring an end of Nessaris' rule before she had the chance to claim the Flame for herself. So, a band of rebels comprised of several surviving members of the four races charged Queen Nessaris' fortress and managed to gain access to the device once more, if only for a short time. There, they managed to overwrite the controls and sent out a large-scale dimensional ripple that latched onto any sentient life it came across before the Witch Queen's forces arrived and struck down the rebels, who, to prevent Nessaris from escaping should her plans to locate the Ancient Realm fail, destroyed the device.

But something the rebels had overlooked was that, much like Nessaris, not all beings in the multiverse were not heroic or even 'good'. So, although the dimensional ripple brought many heroes to Kareyoris just as was desired, it also brought many villains as well. However, no matter where the allegiances of the other-worlders may lie, the threat of a cosmic-level extinction would definitely affect them all and as such, both heroes and villains are forced to work together in order to take down the Witch Queen, Nessaris.

So now, the fate of this world and all of existence as a whole, rests on the shoulders of the heroes and villains of the multiverse.

-------​

Alright, so if you didn't get it from the blurb above, the basic premise of this RP is that we'll be playing a slew of Heroes and Villains (and anything in-between) from all across the fictional multiverse (video games, comics, movies, TV shows, etc) who have to come together in a world none of them recognize/inherently understand to prevent an evil overlord from unlocking the power to rewrite all of existence.

Despite being forced to work together in order to defeat Queen Nessaris no matter if your character is a hero, villain, anti-hero, or anything else on the spectrum of Good and Evil, I'm open to the idea of your characters having their own agendas/forming alliances with other characters who share similar opinions/goals (ex. Your villain wants to take over the world rather than save it? Join up with the other bad-guys, overthrow Nessaris and claim the Flame of Eternity for yourselves. Your character has a tragic backstory that they can rectify once they get the Flame? Go fight the Witch Queen. Does your character have nothing better to do than save all of existence? Go get that b*tch!).

Also, as a note about your characters, since I know the following questions are going to be brought up, I'm just gonna go over a few things;

1.) Straight-Up Original Character's (OC's) (ex. characters who don't belong to a fandom) are not allowed. Please don't ask me to use a straight-up OC, because I'll say no.

2.) If you don't want to play a regular old canon, then you can always roll a 'Re-Imagined Canon Character'. What I mean by this is similar to how Marvel had their Ultimate universe running alongside the Original (616) universe for a while, the characters portrayed in the Ultimate universe were designed to be brand new re-imaginings of the classic comic book characters in Marvel's roster. As such, many of these characters were similar, but also very different, from their 616 counterparts.

I'm fine if you want to do something like this; taking a canon character and giving them a revamp based on their specific universe (ex. an Evil Superman who conquered his universe, a Human Sonic the Hedgehog from a world where the animals are the villains, or the newest regeneration of the Doctor from an alternate timeline). Feel free to ask questions about this in case you have any, I'm always down to answer them ^^

3.) I'm fine with (most) OC's, although I'd prefer we only play canons, but my one rule is that the OC has to have a basis as some kind of extended-universe character (ex. A Stormtrooper is an okay example of this since they play a significant part in the story of Star Wars but most are never properly named, but a random student at Hogwarts has probably done nothing to further Harry's magical adventures so they wouldn't be allowed). If you have questions about whether or not your OC would be allowed, just ask!

4.) As mentioned before, you can play Heroes, Villains, Anti-Heroes, or anything in-between. However, your character must be a part of the team working to take down Queen Nessaris and save all of existence. However, they can have ulterior motives about wanting to stop the Witch Queen and acquiring the Flame of Eternity for themselves. They just shouldn't turn against the characters yet for plot reasons.

--------​

Anyways, I've probably ranted enough for the time being, so I'll let things sit for a while. If you have any questions about the idea or how we're going to approach this RP, feel free to ask me down below. I'll probably stop the character registrations when we have about 6-8 players (including myself), so if you want in on this then hurry and claim your characters now!

As for myself, I'll be taking the role of a Reimagined Link from "The Legend of Zelda".

Please post your interest below and with any amount of luck, we can get this started sooner rather than later! ^^

Last edited: