Kaguya's Journey Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Very well," Sixth Daitengu says as he sips some of his tea. "I kind of forgot how good this tea tastes. Anyways, here it is. Long ago, there was a race referred to as the Tengu. Some treated them as gods, others revered them as fiends and tormentors. They were one of the many heavenly races, until one day, they were banished to a state that while mortal, was immortal. It was a state where they belonged to neither the heavens or the underworld, but they were bound to the Earthly plane."

Sixth Daitengu then stroked his chin as he drank more tea.

"The more foolish ones accepted their fate - they chose to live like mortals, they accepted defeat, but others seek their former glory - their divinity, their Celestial form. Fortunately, these ambitious Tengu had found an ancient prophecy of a girl from the Celestial otherworld, a Celestial otherworld one may call the moon, finding herself on this Earth. The celestial power from this girl is said to be able of granting a great number of Tengu - or at least, these Tengu - their former glory. And thus, here we are."

~Kaguya~
Kaguya snorted, crossing her arms. "Giving you power is the last thing I will be doing. I am in no way going to help you. You kidnapped me, dragged me here, and now want me to grant you eternal life? Forget it." She said harshly, ignoring the tea in front of her. It was childsplay for her to act like this. Back home, the suitors were rough, and often tried to rape her, or chain her, but she had escaped many times. Kaguya was a girl of wits, she would be able to wiggle her way out of this one somehow.
@Crow

"I figured you would say that," Sixth Daitengu speaks, before his face displays mild anger and intimidation, "however, there is no way I will let my people down on this very day. You are planning to escape, that I can tell. Even a fool can tell. It's more of a common sense thing than foresight."

This place was built by Tengu for Tengu. In other words, there were no doors, or entrances in this room. Well technically there was one - the ceiling, but you'd have to fly through it. The only other way to go through it was pure suicide.

"Gentlemen, I believe it is time," the Sixth Daitengu nods as one of his Tengu pulled a bamboo lever, conjuring a transparent cylinder in the middle of the room, big enough to fit a large human. Afterwards, a few more Tengu held on to Kaguya's arms, lifting her upwards, seeming to be ready to place her in the cylinder.

Having his legs kicked from beneath him, Kaito goes into a roll, getting back to his feet. Now that his shoulder would back in place, he switched Akinokaze to his left hand, and drew Chinamagusai with his right. He was having a difficult time fighting against the force drawing him in.

"Is this all you're capable of? Trickery and magics? So much for "mighty warriors" or the Tengu. I've fought maggots with more honor and spirit than you!" Kaito taunts the tengu, hoping to trigger an irrational response that could give him an edge.

"Do you really want us to show you more?" The hurricane was now strong enough, strong enough for the trees to sway wildly, and for some, almost uprooted. The fourth Tengu used the power of this hurricane to rise upwards, into the air, before releasing a barrage of wind-based slashes as it flies down, right for Kaito's head. Its final strike would be a dual Tessen chop...

He rolls out of the way of the impending attack, but is swept away by the wind for a brief moment before regaining his footing.

Damn it.

"If only I was able to move through this wind. If only I could cut through it. No, wait a minute..." Kaito says to himself as if he had thought of something sublime. "Cut. Yes." he says before starting to stare at his blades.

These blades that were blessed by a great kami upon being forged by Jin, the master sword smith of the Okami clan, over a hundred years ago. Or, at least, so went the legend. The Blade of Red Snow and the Blade of the Autumn wind, who had seen a hundred battles and slain a hundred men.

He thought that Lord Hashimoto simply wanted to blades to not fall into the hands of some lowlife battlefield looter, but rather continue on in the hands of a trusted servant.

But, perhaps, there was more to it. Perhaps, fate intended for him to have these blades. For this very moment, when he was needed by her ladyship.

He fixes his gaze to the short sword Akinokaze, the Autumn Wind. Maybe... Just maybe. He raises his blade and whispers a short prayer to the spirit of battle before slashing at the swirling tempests of the tengu with the Blade of the Autumn wind.

Last edited by a moderator:
~Kaguya~
Kaguya looked around for a way of escape, only to find the roof as her best exit. There was no roof on this place, but she would certainly die if she tried to escape without the moon to guide her. Looking back up at the Tengu and scoffed. "Trust me, one day I will escape, because even if a fool could tell I wanted to escape, you cannot read my mind, therefore you have no idea in which way I will escape." She said, crossing her arms.

She was about to make another valid point when a transparent cylinder came up in the middle of the room, causing her to blink in surprise. 'What's in there?' She thought to herself, before feeling a few little grubby hands on her shoulder and she was lifted clean off the ground. Squealing, Kaguya kicked out her feet, trying hard to keep them away. "Be gone you little mangy rats! Put me down!" She called, before being dropped in the cylinder. The ground was hard, not like she expected it to be soft, but at the least none of them could defile her. Kaguya sat down in the tube, her skin exposed as she sank to the ground and leaned against the cylinder.
@Crow

As the blades cut the very winds, the hurricane got a little stronger, before ultimately releasing a great explosion, releasing a blinding light and flying feathers. At the end of it all, there was only pitch black darkness, no more, no less. Nothing but pure darkness

The Tengu were gone for now. As the fireflies surrounding approached a spot, they revealed the transparent cylinder that the first killed Tengu spat out just now. It looked like modern-day screw-cap cylindrical containers, complete with a screw cap and handle.

Nothing else could be seen in this pure darkness but fireflies and that container.

~~~

"Well, this might hurt a bit, for you, and maybe me, but the efforts will be fruitful..." the Sixth Daitengu speaks as the top of the cylinder was immediately sealed off. Tendrils then rose from the ground and were attached to his back.

"Soon, it will be time," Sixth Daitengu proceeds to unveil yet another lever, pulling it to unveil some sort of bizarre thing with many, buttons and levers that slowly rose from the ground. He proceeds to continuously tap onto it.

"Soon, death will be nonexistent, and I suppose we will have to thank you," the Sixth Daitengu nods, "the Tengu Race will taste their former glory."

"It worked..." he says, panting. He was starting to become woozy with blood loss, but he had to continue on. He had to rescue her ladyship. Kaito flicks the blood off of his swords before sheathing them again. Fumbling through the dark, Kaito eventually finds his one sleeved hitatare. Doning it, he then attempts to find his way out of this darkness, heading in what he believes was the direction he saw them taking her.

[spoili]Essentially this is what he is wearing, minus the arm armor, and the left sleeve. Goes without saying that it's all soiled and blood stained.[/spoili]

~Kaguya~
Kaguya sat there in the chamber, arms and feet crossed as she stared defiantly at him. "And yet, this may all be a rouse. A stupid old wives tale told as a legend to spark hopes. Eternal life will never come, and I will resist. You are nothing compared to me." She spit, her arms and legs still crossed. Oh how she yearned for her warrior to return, to save her, but how would he get up so high in the tower, there was not a door, not a window in sight. The only way out was up.
@Crow

From somewhere distant in the very pitch-black darkness of the bamboo forest, a massive, blood-curdling roar tore out from the throat of some unseen beast, resonating into Kaito's very eardrums. The sound resounded throughout the forest, carried through the very shadows themselves that the unnatural darkness had cast across it.

In other words, Kaito was not alone. As the fireflies scattered away in all directions from fear, Kaito's only beacon was the source of that monstrous roar.

Kaito curses that he can't seem to catch a break. Slowly he attempts to head out of the darkness, trying his best to control his breathing. He had to rely on his hearing to assess his surroundings. He keeps his swords ready and poised to strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.