Kaguya's Journey Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
~Kaguya~
Kaguya groaned. "I am fine, just a simple bruise." She said, her blue eyes flickering around as she tried to look though the darkness. The one thing that greeted her vision where small fireflies, what would float around her every once and a while, illuminating her pale almost pigment less skin. "You know, you never actually told me your name good sir. I mean, you don't have to tell me, but it would make it easier for me to thank you when this whole ordeal is over." she spoke, holding out her hands to try and reach out to her warrior.
@Project-2501

"My name is Takashi Kaito, last samurai of Clan Okami." he says, continuing to move in the direction of her voice. "May I have the honor of knowing your name, my lady?" he asks in kind, before he feels a hand brush against his hakama pants. "Seems I found you, my lady."

• Love
Reactions: IceQueen
~Kaguya~
Kaguya kept searching the darkness for anyone, anything that she could grasp onto. Preferably the person who had saved her life, Kaito, as he said he was. Kaguya kept searching the inky blackness before her fingers brushed something, and out of reflex she flinched. It took Kaguy a few seconds but she found the leg of her warrior again, and she slowly reached her hand up to find his, trailing her fingers along his side until she found his hand and grasped it, a few fireflies floating in front of her face. "Kaguya, My name is Kaguya." She said softly. "Now can you help me up please?" She asked him.
@Project-2501

"Of course, Kaguya-Sama." he says, as he lifts her to her feet. The luminance of the fire flies was enough for him to fully appreciate her beauty, once more. Were this under different circumstance, and were he of higher birth... it was better to stay focused. "Just stay behind me." he softly commands. He draws out Chinamagusai Suno, creating the all too familiar rasp of metal. Battojutsu would be inappropriate with his charge so near. He grasped the sword with one hand, using the other to hold onto Kaguya's. The scattered flickerings of the fire flies reflect off the blade, and continued to remain the only source of light.

• Love
~Kaguya~
Kaguya smiled at Kaito as he pulled her up to her feet, and she stood from the ground, brushing off her pale skin. "No need to add endings. You can just call me Kaguya." She said, holding his hand tightly. Before, everything was cold, but with the light of a warm hand, and small fireflies, everything was much better. She could feel her confidence growing a bit as she stood behind him. "I don't like being called by honorifics that much. Even princess was a lot for me to stomach." She spoke softly, glancing over his shoulder. The blade he was holding was long and sharp, and the small lighted creatures illuminated it's sharpness. "Do you thin we should head to the town now?" She asked him.
@Project-2501

m2bTf5g.png

This was a glimpse of what the duo could see thanks to the light of the fireflies. Whatever creature that was, it definitely didn't look friendly.
The supposed image was up in the sky for a split second, and it was accompanied by the sound of beating wings. Even a fool knew that those weren't a pair of wings.

Whatever it was, it brought company.

The light of the fireflies revealed silhouettes, the figures could be inferred as humanoid, winged, and wearing some hat. Maybe... long-nosed maybe? Or was that a chin or some sort of horn? It was long and protruding from their faces. It might be part of their uniforms.

Laugh at that all you want, but the silhouetted beings were ready to swoop down towards the duo. Fortunately the beating of their wings made them a little more obvious.​

He nods when Kaguya asks to drop the honorific.

"We could try, though, in this darkness, it will be quite a tribula-" he is cut off before he can finish when the stillness of the night is broken by a cacophony of beating wings. Silhouettes appear against the light of the fire flies. Definitely not human. They must be the malevolent yokai that are said to haunt this forest. But, it was hard to make out what kind they were. Nevertheless, Kaito readies his sword to react to whatever happens.

Kaguya was ready to get up and out of the forest, because it was really creeping her out. That and the fact that she was indecent, holding a mans hand and standing close to him, her face a mere few inches from his back. Swallowing hard as the sound of beating wings rose in the air, Kaguya raised a hand, prepared to use her powers for defense if she needed too. Sure the moon was not out due to the darkness, but she could still fight if she had too, which bit was beginning to appear she would.
@Project-2501

A strong wind attempted to seperate Kaguya from Kaito. As they were holding hands, it began to hurt there. It was meant to increase their urge to let go, then blow them in opposite directions. A few hands - or rather - talons - clinged onto Kaguya's bare shoulders, attempting to pull her away from our hero.

Just then, a mysterious red light was seen, originating from a pair of eyes. Since there was now red light, things became a little more visible.

ka2wbrU.png

The being illuminating this red light was pretty red himself. He wore garbs, had a pair of black-feathered wings, and his most prominent trait - a long nose and bushy brows. This creature's description matched the description of a very particular being, but which one?

Nevertheless, similiar creatures, all more slender than muscular than the one who seemed to be the leader, surrounded the duo. They wore white garbs. There were many of them. The odd, red men conjured their Tessen and readied a battle stance.

"We need the girl alive, my men," the muscular one bellowed as he just crossed his arms, "today is the prophecised day. We cannot lose any opportunities! Fight to your limits, like there is no tomorrow!"

With that, the red men charged forward.​

~Kaguya~
Kaguya was startled by the hands on her shoulders, as they started tugging. "Agg, Kaito!!" Kaguya called, fighting against the things that were pulling her back. The young maiden struggled to hold onto Kaito's hand, her fingers slipping from his grasp as she desperately tried to hold on. She didn't want tot end up alone with these goons. Not only were they hideous, most men in the sight of a naked woman would rather touch her than find a cloth to cover her. Struggling hard, Kaguya tried to reach out her other hand to splash them, only to have a few more grab her other arm, and pull, causing her fingers to let go of his hand, and fall back into the goons.
@Crow @Project-2501

Who cares what they were. They were enemies.

"If your intent is to take away Her Ladyship..." he says calmly, as one the of the more impetuous yokai surged forward with his war fan in the intention of a strike. Kaito deflected the blow away from him with his Katana, creating an opening he couldn't deny. Deftly, he turns the blade and brings it downward upon the man with all his strength, cutting him down in a single blow. "I'll kill every single one of you!" he shouts with the blood of his first kill freshly dripping from Chinamagusai. Then he hear Kaguya call to him, and turned to look, only to find that those men had removed her from his grasp.

Without hesitation, he lunges forward with lightning speed, shouting as he thrusts his blade into the nearest man. He had to free Her Ladyship from their control. However, the surge of activity had reopened Kaito's wounds, and he was beginning to bleed once more. He wasn't sure how much longer he would remain conscious. He would just have to finish this quickly, he resolved.

First blood. It was gory. The muscular, red, winged man shook his head as he watched his soldier die.

"Any sacrifices will not be in vain, because death will be nonexistant after this. I believe my work here is done... units, you know the drill," the muscular man with glowing red eyes spoke as he flew away, alongside a few of his troops who were grabbing Kaguya by their hand-talons. As Kaito attempted to lunge forward to rescue Kaguya, one of the beings stood before him, negating his sword attack with a pair of Tessen, before releasing a strong gust of wind from it to push him back.

"Now, young human, you'll need more than that to face a warrior of the mighty original Tengu Race," the being said, before four more silhouettes flew down, "let alone five!"

All five took a battle stance, ready to fight.

~~~

In mid-flight, the creatures carried Kaguya.

"Do not bother resisting," the muscular one, supervising the process, speaks, "there is no moon, and even if your attacks make us flinch the slightest bit, you lack one trait we have - flight."

"Shut up and fight!" he shouts, sheathing his sword and taking a battojutsu stance. He had failed to protect her. Now he must regroup himself and track them down to wherever they were taking her. But, first, he must kill these five Tengu. The first one to attack would be utterly cut down with a battojutsu strike. After that, it was about making sure that he kept them from surrounding him, and then attacking them on his terms. Sure he couldn't fly, but years of constant training and struggle have given him a sixth sense for battle. It would be far more difficult than they anticipate to kill him.

~Kaguya~
Kaguya called out in vain as she was lifted away by the men, struggling with every fiber of her body for them to let go of her. "Unhand me you foul beasts! I serve you no purpose!" She called, kicking out her feet. "Even though I do not posses flight, even when the moon is gone I can still fight. And no matter what happens, Kaito will come for me. You will not have me forever." She growled, kicking out uselessly against her captors, who smelled of rotten meat and garbage.
@Crow

All five of the Tengu, as they were called, cawed. It sounded like mockery, but it was more than that.

Without notice, a few slashes of wind sliced a bit of Kaito's skin, before it was healed in an instant. The pain was still present, though. The way the Tengu just stood there, it made it seem like it wasn"t them casting the attack...

Four of the Tengu, with swift agility, quickly circled Kaito, before unleashing consequative, timed, gusts of wind at him, but where was the fifth?

Suddenly, the fifth appeared right behind Kaito, ready to slam a Tessen down upon him.

~~~

"You think we are dense, but you yourself are unaware of the situation," the muscular one spoke, "your little boyfriend, 'Kaito' as you call him, yes, he will come, or should come. But when exactly? Neither you nor I are aware."

As Kaguya continues to struggle, the red beings held on tightly, grasping her to prevent her escape.

"Sir, we're almost home," one of the minions spoke.

"Proceed to land," the big one bellows, "and prepare some Celestial Tea as well."

If Kaguya titlted her head, she could see what appeared to be a great stone tower. Generic evil stuff, except it looked more plain than stereotypically aligned.

Last edited:
Kaito would be unable to completely avoid the Tengo's attack. Instead, his shifted his body into the Tengu, so that the tessen would strike his left shoulder. As he does this, he draws his wakizashi, Akinokaze, slashing it across the tengu's body, before burying it deep within his back. However, the kill was not without it's cost. The tessen strike was effective, and dislocates Kaito's shoulder. After withdrawing Akinokaze from the tengu, he continues to maneuver, ensuring that the tengu are always in front of him, as well as not above him. When the opportunity arises, he takes a moment to pop his shoulder back into place.

The Tengu was heavily damaged, but was still alive. Before falling to the ground, it flung its pair of Tessen at Kaito, before finally falling with the last of its energy. As it falls, the red light emitting from its eyes shuts down. It then pukes a... glass container with a handle... from its mouth. However that occured.

"Our brother in arm has fallen, but his sacrifice will not be in vain," one Tengu speaks as three of them dash upwards and follow each other in circles at high speeds, creating some sort of minor hurricane in order to suck Kaito in. But, where was the fourth?

As Kaito was relocating his joint, the swift Tengu did a low kick to disorient Kaito's legs, right from the back. However, the Tengu reappeared ten metres from him.

~Kaguya~
Kaguya grunted, kicking out still. "What do you want with me?" She asked bitterly, almost spitting fire from her eyes. Her heart was racing, and the firm grip of the goblins reminded her that she was a woman in the presence of many men, who knows what they would turn her into. They could exploit her, bribe her homeland, torture her for the legend, but inside, her mind told her to stand strong. She wasn't going to let a group of goblins stand in her way. She would wait everything out until Kaito came back for her, and the world would be made right again.
@Crow

The beings that Kaguya thought of as 'goblins' landed on the top of the tower, which was walled by stone, but lacked a ceiling. It was lighted by paper lanterns hanging around the walls.

"You are about to find out. Now, take a seat," the muscular one spoke as he sat on a ceramic table set. His minions had prepared some fine tea in a tea set. "I suppose I should introduce myself. My name... I have lost it a long time ago. I am simply known as the Sixth Daitengu of the Bamboo Forest. Daitengu will be fine. You must be a little shocked now. Would you like to hear a story to calm your tense nerves? It doesn't seem that the tea is enough."

~Kaguya~
Kaguya kicked out as they landed on the top of the tower, releasing her. The young maiden scrambled forwards and stumbled, almost throwing herself away from the creatures. Bracing herself against a wall, she looked though her tendrils of messy white hair, before slicking them back again, and walking forwards, taking a seat. "Do enlighten me with a tale good sir because I do not intend on staying here much longer." She hissed, her teeth clenched together as she glared at him.
@Crow

Status
Not open for further replies.