Kaguya's Journey Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose I should have probably mentioned this sooner in here to get a foot in the door, but I'm working on a character. I was thinking about adapting one of the ones I have, but my GM just used a pic for an NPC that I think would fit perfectly, so I'm backing up and starting someone new for this purpose.

my_own_anime_hero_by_raheelas-d4vmoef.jpg

Name: Shiro Kagétosin (Shiro of the Shadow Sword)
Role in Story: Hero or party member, he could be either.
Race: Human
Appearance: 5'11". He wears a black cloak, which he usually keeps pulled around him. He usually keeps his sword's sheathe fastened to his belt with a thin length of rope that he keeps secured to the sheathe itself.
Racial Traits: N/A
Skills: He is skilled in combat and survival, but has few talents aside from them.
Magic: Shadow-related magic, all tied to the sword that he wields, though he hasn't fully learned how to unlock all of the powers of the sword.
Equipment: Shiro fights using the Kagétosin, a sword that has been handed down in his family for countless generations. A demon with dominion over shadows took residence in the sword when Shiro's ancestor gained its respect by besting it in a duel, and this demon lends its power to the blade, and to the wielder. The demon alters the form of the sword every time it is handed down to a new generation, and Shiro's iteration is in the form of a ninjato. Covering the blade of the weapon are names that seem to be etched in blood; the names of Shiro's ancestors who had possessed the sword before he had.
History: Shiro began his life as the younger of two sons, and he took after his older brother Chen in his love for adventure and adrenaline. When he was young, his brother would often spend his free time training Shiro how to fight, or venture into the woods with him, where they would hunt, or, on occasion, simply explore. About a year before he came of age, Chen fell grievously ill, and despite the attempts made by physicians and mystics alike, he passed away. In honor of his brother, Shiro continued to train himself in combat, and sought to broaden his knowledge by studying survival. As he grew older, Shiro would often spend days, if not weeks, alone in the woods, hunting and gathering for food, testing himself. Upon his coming of age ceremony, he was bestowed the relic that had remained in his family for generations; the Kagétosin. He began training with it on occasion during his expeditions to the woods, and often would end up accidentally leveling a number of trees before he learned to control its powers.
Personality: Shiro is adventurous, though he isn't one to rush into things. His brother's death largely molded his personality, partially because of how often he would spend in the woods following the tragedy. He spent very little time around people, so he has very little experience being social, and mostly relies on instinct when he does talk to them, which can lead to a variety of facets of his personality being shown, depending on who he's speaking to. He is often calm and composed, however, and rarely shows any signs of ill temper.

Others: I haven't quite figured out all of the powers of the sword, but I have a couple thought out to work with for the time being, and I figure that leaving him open for a little bit of growth isn't a bad idea.

That's good to hear. Sometimes I too feel that I recycle a little much. Something fresh is always best.

I have been pondering for a bit.
Going from one full moon to another takes 28 days.
In order for Kaguya to return home, the moon must be a full moon.
During the course of the RP, I will insert stuff in my posts such as 'Day 1, Gibbous Phase' and all that. There are 7 phases if you don't include full, so each phase lasts 4 days and the Full Moon will last 4 as well.

Well @Shadow, Heroes need to be sent via PM. Although, he does fit a Hero role. Do send a copy via PM for later analysis. Thank you.

I'm rather proud of this one. I think I may keep him.

Posting interest. Will try to send a sheet later today, when the library is open.

If Shiro isn't the Hero, I think I might bump him up to 18.

Damn, I was expecting a bunch of teenagers crusading but at least we got a kid.

Well, go ahead with your plans if that occurs.

Also, at first, I might be a little dictating, but please, don't feel restricted. By that I mean - I'll decide the meeting positions of your characters.

@ClaireRae

For Yu, I would prefer an elaborate personality section, but I think the character's intriguing enough. Just don't possess feral boss monsters that crush too hard and we're all good.
Yeah, I can accept only Kaguya seeing her, although the 'animal mascot' I mentioned might have abilities that allow him to see her as well...

Once you elaborate on personality we're good for rollin'.
Okay I added some things, made it a bit more solid!

@Crow I don't understand what you mean when you say don't wreck too much.

A minor heads up so that you can feel a little opportunistic - no one, and I repeat, no one has sent me an application for Kaguya.

I think we have enough Hero candidates for a crew size this small. I'll go analyse them.

For those who didn't pass it but want to join in with your initially used Hero character as a Party Member, I recommend either using a different character or at least a different weapon. Two swordwielders in a party is alright, but I would prefer variety.

Hero Applications are closed.

Kaga_zps571749fe.png

Name: Takashi Kaito

Role in Story: Hero or Party Member. Either is fine with me.

Race: Human, aged 17.

Appearance: Kaito has a squared appearance, the look of a warrior. He is handsome. After his first, and only, battle, his top knot came undone, and he hair was free. He would never put into a knot again. He is short, and lean with muscle. He stands always with a strong stance and good posture, giving the air of confidence, but he carries himself with a warrior's sense of modesty.
He stands around 1.68 meters tall (5 feet 6 inches, Imperial)

Racial Traits: N/A

Magic: He is a Samurai(Or was a samurai...)! Magic is for monks and witches.

Equipment: Ancestral Daisho consisting of the katana Chinamagusai Sunō(Bloodstained Snow) and wakizashi Akinokaze (Autumn Wind). These swords have been passed down for generations, and are said to have been blessed by a kami when they were forged. He is also currently wearing a set of Gusoku type armor in the colors of Clan Okami.

Skills: His is trained in the traditional martial arts of the Samurai, those being: Kenjutsu(Sword fighting), Battojutsu(combat sword drawing), Kyujutsu(Bow fighting), Jujutsu(Unarmed combat), Bojutsu(Staff fighting) and Bajutsu(Horse riding). Besides the martial skills, he is also trained in calligraphy, poetry and and etiquette.

History: Kaito was born the ninth son of a samurai in service to the Akiyama clan. Like his older brothers, he was trained from youth to become a samurai, and carry on the martial tradition of his ancestors. Being the youngest in a family, it was common for him to be hazed into doing many of the more menial chores. However, he proved to be skilled in the martial arts, and quickly became the ire of many of his brothers.

When he was 14, he was challenged to a duel by one of his older brothers, and was forced to kill him. It just as his other brothers had planned, for they had set it up for it look like murder. For this shameful act, he was banished from the household, and was not allowed to redeem his honor through Harakiri. He wandered as a Ronin for a short time, before, as luck would have it, he was accepted into the service of Lord Hashimoto, who was sympathetic to Kaito's story. Kaito was eternally greatful for this opportunity, and to Lord Hashimoto, and served him diligently. Hashimoto came to show him great favor, and so, when the time came that Lord Hashimoto's clan Okami was called to war, Kaito was appointed to his personal guard at the age of 17.

Unfortunately, the battle did not go well, and Clan Okami was destroyed on in the field of battle. Kaito was unable to protect Lord Hashimoto from mortal wound, and on his dying breath, urged Kaito to take his swords, and live; to go against what was expected of him this once.

With Lord Hashimoto's death poem eternally etched into Kaito's mind, and his swords on his belt, he stumbles away from the battlefield and enters a bamboo forest. While gathering his bearings, he happens upon a spring, and thinks how refreshing the water would be. It was only after a moment of being lost in thought on the coolness of the water, did he notice a beautiful maiden...

Personality: Kaito is generally polite, and holds to etiquette. However, he can also be unconventional(for a samurai). He is not afraid to be brash and rude to those he feels are deserving. He holds loyalty to be above all else, and will place himself fully on the line in defense of those he gives his loyalty to. Due to his past, he doesn't necessarily hold true to all the tenants of Bushido(there's that unconventional bit). He see's victory as more important than honor, but still holds honor as important. Lord Hashimoto taught him that honor is in living, so that he can continue to protect those that matter(Not exactly conventional for Feudal Japan). He is not above breaking etiquette if it means giving himself an advantage in combat. He is an avid player of the Chinese strategy game of Go, through which Lord Hachimoto used to teach Kaito strategy and the Art of War.

Our Hero is good for rolling.

Those who did not pass, go ahead and submit apps for other roles.

Shadow's Party Member app has been accepted.

The only open spots remaining - Kaguya and one Party Member.

We can settle for a five-man band though. Five man band or six-stringed Biwa brothers?

-He pointed upwards at the other application in the thread-

It's alright, I'll be sure to link it soon as soon as I get on the comp.

On the 'Party' post.

Aaaaand still no Kaguya. I'm really, really trying my best not to be a party member.

Status
Not open for further replies.