Justice Slackers

There wasn't much the angel could say to him at that point. Her eyes were grown as they looked blankly at the wall in front of her. Her face was also a picture of red. The air through her lungs rushed in and out quickly as Alex made his way out of the door. Lelani had wanted to say something, preferably an apology, but she found her body glued to the bed and in the same position she was in ever since he tucked a strand of her hair from her face. She hadn't thought the earth boy could manage such sincerity! Especially to an person he had just encountered, an angel at that!

Lelani's breathing was slowly beginning to return to normal. It had been at least 5 minutes since the body left her in the room and she was shrouded in darkness. Her eyes wandered over the room with Alex's words still bouncing through her head. This was a home he had known since the days of his childhood, and all Lelani did was call it a dump. Tears swelled in the crevices of her blue eyes but she blinked them away. He had called her special and all she did was bitch about a doorknob.

Alex...I'm....i'm so...so...

She sighed heavily in disappointment towards herself before closing her eyes and entering the dreamlike state she always entered when sleep befell her. Lelani's head lay gently on the pillow, breathing peacefully as night changed to day.

After walking out the door he griped the razor in his hads and headed to the livingroom. He placed the razor on his skin and pressed as hard as he could. once it was draged across the skin alex looked at his arm and there was no sigh of a cut. He looked at the razor in his hand and the blade was completly smooth.

In a rage he threw the blade and it sharpend as it stabed the wall. He coverd his eyes to hold in every thing. He layed his head down on the floor and suddenly passed out on the cold floor.

sun light hit his face and got up quickly to see if lelani was awake. Heading to the room he found her sleeping still and he decided to smoke a ciggrate while she slept. Once he got out side he grabed his ciggriate out and a few men apperd in frount of him with base ball bats. "Hey boss is this the fucker who messed up your hand" Anouther man came out with a burned hand and metal glewed on his hand "yea the little son of a bitch who did this, get him" The grunts crowed around alex.

Allex pulls out a lighter and turns on the light. "Well since the higher ups want me to take out crime, i guess im gona whipe you out of this world. Flicking the lighter the flame bursted out to the boss and set him on fire.

The cool morning air sifted through the room that Lelani was asleep in. The sunlight, pelting through the window, glittered across the girls silk black hair that was splayed across the pillow. However, she was wakened by agonizing screams of pain.

"....Alex."she muttered before shooting out of bed and racing towards the sounds of the screams. When she walked out of the door where the shouts led her, she stood next to Alex to see a man on fire. A man running around....on fire. Lelani's cold blue eyes snapped to Alex and she sent him a fiery glare.

"ALEX WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO!?

"Man, he's evil, man! Crazy evil!" one of the men stuttered, pointing a shaking finger at Alex, who didn't seemed phased at the whole thing. The man ran off into the streets in fear while the other ran in circles. If something wasn't done, he was going to be burned alive. Looking towards the sky, Lelani took a deep breath of morning air and closed her eyes, pulling out a small intricate staff from a blue light in front of her. That was enough signal to her that her powers had indeed returned like Pyre said. The Angel of Enchantment is back.

"Mystic blue waters
Rain where you see fit!"

In response, a orb of blue water appeared from the staff in which she waved towards the man. As a result, water cascaded down on the man, dousing the flames as he toppled over to the street floor, the smell of burning flesh in the air. Lelani twisted the staff and removed her hand from grasping it, watching it vanish in blue light as she returned her attention to Alex.

"Care to explain?"she said, motioning towards the smoking body.

"to make a long story short, those non burnt guys are hired to kick my ass or something. The burnt guy was the boss and he was also the same guy who tryed to kill us in the alley. The best way to drop a kingdom is to take out its intelegence and leader." Alex looks at the grunts runing around in a panic and turns to lelani "Now i got scare the grunts away"

Alex made pillars of rock move from the ground to hit each guy in the gut. "NOW, none of you will ever come to this house again and mess with this area, this is my turff. GET LOST!" The grunts pick up the burnt man and began to run away from him. Alex droped the pillars and lifted his lighter against his ciggirate. As the smoke apperd from the tip he looked at lelani again.

"So what now oh mighty angel"

Lelani bent her hand back as far as she could, and sent it flying straight towards Alex's face. The singing pain hurt her had just as fast as it hurt his face, but she didn't let it show. She only sent him a piercing blue gaze. The cigarette in his mouth went flying to the left to roll around next to a trash can.

"Firstly, don't do that trash in front of me. It's disgusting. Next, that is not how we defeat the dangers. Murdering is a LAST RESORT. You only did that to entertain yourself and that is not justice, Alex. And lastly, don't call me that. I am LEE. LAWN. KNEE. I din't want to expose my powers to the entire planet. I can't help you if you don't help yourself first. Understand? Now isn't there some school you're supposed to be in?"

Lelani didn't let him answer and instead, trudged back into the house and straight to the bathroom. Now that she had her powers back, she can enchant her own clothes, but first, she needed to bathe. Stripping of the dirty earthian clothes, Lelani fumbled with the dials to the shower until she found a suitable temperature before stepping in.

Once she left alex got pissed and began to walk away from his home. She has her powers, she dosent need me any more for this crap. Walking to the gates of his school people around him stared at him with pitty or envy. A group of girls walked up to him but alex quickly turned around and headed to the lake again.

At the lake alex played with the water and moves it to his face where the burn mark is at and covers his have in water. The water slowly fixes his face but not fast enough to help him.

The water had took its toll on her body and calmed her nerves. Even though she could still feel he sting in the hand that smacked Alex, the clear water helped cool it down slightly.

""I shouldn't have did that. That was mean. I'm just as bad as he is."she said before sending her head underwater to wet her black hair. Lelani spent 5 more minutes in the tub before stepping out onto a towel gingerly. She looked at herself in the mirror, wondering how to enchant the boy's clothes and what outfit she should wear. Wearing Zestian attire might turn heads in the city so she had to blend in. A heavy sigh flew from her mouth and she throw her hand on her head. Dammit! I hate this place! I don't even know where to go now let alone what clothes to wea--Lelani stopped suddenly in her thoughts and looked down at the clothes Alex gave her with a grin. Perfect.

"From rags to riches,
Become the style of education!"

The blue light of her staff appeared simultaneously as she said the chant aloud, pointing the staff to the clothes. She looked down after the light faded to see a school girl outfit. Lelani smirked and picked the clothes on. Alex, aren't you in for a surprise.

After fixing his face a bit alex starts walking to school again and he starts to realize that he was very late from school. Walking down the hall he walks into his class room and all the students has there eyes on alex. Alex was used to the attention becuase he was allways late with an excuse but people are stareing this time becuase they had seen him with a girl.

He sat down while the teacher just glared at him. A few girls stared at him again and whisperd to each other while they looked at him. Little did he know some eals was comeing.

Lelani smirked while she made her way into the room that was filled with kids just like Alex. She looked out over the kids faces and smiled to herself as she took an empty seat behind a boy with jet black hair like her own and then folded both hands on the desk in front of her.

"We have a new student. Why don't you stand up and introduce yourself?" Lelani smiled and stood up.

"I'm Lelani Ureha and I'm from up north."she said, slightly chuckling at her own joke.

"I see. And what brings you here?"the teacher asked. The rest of the class turned in their seat to look at her in interest. Lelani turned her head over to Alex who was practically steaming.

"To help my good friend Alex, here."she said. The teacher smiled and then nodded, motioning for her to take her seat. Lelani did so and the class went on. She barely listened in to what the teacher had to say. Before she knew it, the class was over and she followed Alex outside and leaned against the wall, smiling and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

View attachment 7273

"How do I look? Like I fit in?"

Once lelani walked into the room Alexs face grew red and steam blew out his ears and started to slam his head on the desk. All the eyes where on lelani and alex tryed his best to ignore her. once she mentioned him he face palmed as hard as he can and half of the attention went to him.

Once class ended he tryed geting away from her but she chaught up with him. "you look like one of those girls every guy wants, your going to give me to much attention hanging out with me." Out of the corrnner of his eye he can see girls whispering to each other about him and the new girl. "if you got your so called powers back try to see if you can hear thoses girls oveer there"

Lelani scowled when he replied with his statement about being a normal girl. He didn't even say she was pretty or not! Lelani shook her head and looked elsewhere, trying not to punch the boy in the face. He's kind of right. I'm acting like a stupid ass jealous school girl. I am an Angel, on a whole different league than those skanks. A smile fluttered on her lips in satisfaction until Alex inquired about the thoughts of the girls. Lelani looked over to them and once she held eye contact with one, they fiercely turned their heads away and mushed together in their tightened circle once more, Lelani turned around to face Alex.

"I am the Angel of Enchantment, not Enhancement. I can't make my ears hear that far away. Besides, i'm not supposed to use my powers in such a public place like this, and for no stupid reason at that. They are no 'dangers' so I see no ahrm. You need to stop being so stupid and go on with your day without looking like an idi--"

"Hey, new girl!"a voice interjected, Lelani turned around to see the guy with black that she sat behind waving over to her. Lelani smiled sweetly and waved back.

View attachment 7292

"It's Lelani!"she called out with a ring in her voice. The boy smirked and crooked a finger at her, motioning for her to come to him. Lelani caught the action and looked behind her to Alex.

"Try to stay out of trouble." With that, she made her way passed the gossiping girls to the boy. He was leaning against the gate with a hand in his pocket.

"Sorry, Lelani, I forget names easily."

"No matter. Forgetfulness is indeed a curse and I won't patronize you on it. However, so I won't forget like you, what is your name?"

"It's Ethan. You talk like you're from the north. Proper, very uppity. It's adorable." Lelani found herself blushing and giggling much like the girls behind her.

"Why thank you.."she said, all the while in her head she thought, Why can't Alex be this sincere? He needs lessons from this guy.

After listing to her complain she was cut off by a guy. Alex didint know who the guy was but he didint care becuase alex avoids conversations. Lelani ditched alex for the other guy. This suddenly completly pissed off alex so walked to the gate of the school. While walking past the gates he seen all the attention on him again. This made him madder and he stormed off to the alley neer the school.

a group of men walk into the same alley of alex. a struggle could be heard but it suddenly got quite, The group of men walk out with a large bag and head to a van that is parked in frount of the school. Any thing passed the gate wasint the schools problems and since no one really knew alex nobody could say what happend so they ignored the issue.
---

Inthe bag alexx could fell his head throb from pain. all alex could remember is storming off from school and a sharp pain on his head. Alex finnly realized he was knocked out and draged into a bag. Alex didint care what happend any more he wasint going to go into heaven anyways.

"So, I haven't seen you around here." Ethan said, tossing a black bang from his face.

"No, today is actually my first day in town also." she answered.

"Really? Where do you stay?"he asked. Lelani forced herself not to smile. A dump.

"I actually stay with Alex."she said, looking behind her to call Alex over to her...and saw no one. Lelani turned around fully and scanned the area but saw no sign of Alex. Her face wore a heavy scowl and she sighed heavily through her teeth.

"Did he really just leave the school?"she said aloud. Suddenly, a tingling sensation ran through her spine. Time slowed down momentarily as Lelani's eyes sharpened. She felt... endangered. Suddenly, the girl turned around just in time to block a fist that was thrown at her from Ethan. She pushed on his fist, sliding herself back while glaring. If he tried to attack me...that means he set me up! He did something to Alex! Lelani stood straight, hands at her side with a cold gaze.

"What did you do to Alex?" Ethan only smirked and charged forward to her. Lelani spun around on one foot to roundhouse kick him straight in the stomach, landing perfectly in a crouched position. The kids around them gasped in awe as Ethan hit the ground and Lelani dashed up to him, yanking him by his shirt.

"Where is Alex?!"she shouted. Ethan shook nervously and pointed to a white van wheeled away from the school. Lelani's heart dropped and at the same time, she dropped Ethan and ran off towards the van, hopping over the gate with ease.

As lelani chased for the car Ethan suddenly got up like he wasint kicked and he started to walk away. The van roared with the mighty engein it had and as quick as it started it left the school leaveing tire marks on the road leaveing a long trail for lelani to follow. The van drove a few corrners before comeing to a complet stop in a wearhouse.

The men grabed a bag and threw alex on the hard cement floor. His head hit the cement makeing his head start bleeding and things got dizzy. The men kicked the bag around for a few minutes and cut it open. "We seen what you can do and you will work for us now or we will killl every one you know." Alex was to dazed and bleeding to say any thing.

She ran as fast as she could after the van but was entire too fast for her to keep up with. It veered off down the corner, leaving a black scars on the road. She slowed down, holding her chest, while turning her sprint into a run. I...won't make it in time! Lelani suddenly saw an image of Ed screaming loudly when he looked at the large hand print on his face.

"I LOOK LIKE A FUCKING IDIOT!!"

Lelani tapped her foot twice and bent her head down, gathering speed. Come on, wings, wings wings wings! The next step she took was more of a glide as a pair of white wings developed from a pale blue light on her back. The more steps she took, the farther off the ground she got until she was soaring in the air. Her black haired whipped in the wind when her wings flapped once, sending her flying after the tracks. Lelani bit her bottom lip, praying to Zestia that he wasn't already...already dead. The tracks began to die out until Lelani spotted a rugged hardware place. It was desolate save for the van. The angel soared down quietly and landed lightly on her toes.

Her wings vanished and she snaked around the door, planting her back to the cold brick walls. A rustle of movement was hear followed by a groan from a voice which seemed like Alex. Lelani clinched the side of her skirt and listened in with a gasp.

We seen what you can do and you will work for us now or we will killl every one you know."

The bag was removed and Alex was thrown into a chair along with a table. An older man with a white suit sat on the other side of the table. He had fat lips that looked like it belonged to a fish. Alex spat on the white suit and choughed out "Nice suit fish lips". One of the men punched alex in the gut leaveing him breathless. The white suit man said in a low tone "i love the suit, happy you liked it two, now......we are gona make you an offer that you cannot resist. You are gona work for me by useing ur powers. in return you get some money, protection, and no one in your family dies".

Alex chokes a bit and says out loud "How about you can suck it, i get money, you suck some more, and too bad fishlips".
He spits on the white suit again. The white suit man looks at the blood stains and snaps his fingers. the thugs walk up to alex and starts beating him with there fists.

The white suit man stands up and starts to hear a buring sound from his suit. The blood had turn into acid but only burned holes into his cloths. The white suit man clenches his fists and yells out "BEAT HIM UNTILL YOU CANT TELL WHO HE IS, THEN CUT HIS LIMBS OFF!"

The men were not trying to be secretive about the meeting at all. They were loud and gruffling until the man in the white suit crossed their paths. All mouths instantly closed behind a lock and key. All but Alex who had been breathing heavily for a while now, even though the bag had been removed from his head. He must have been the boss of the posse because the reaction was almost similar to the Zestians quieting down when the Queen entered the vicinity. It was truly disgusting, how humans can easily bow to another human only for ridiculous profits such as money, drugs, or anything else! Lelani continued to grip her skirt, even when Alex spoke up.

Please don't be stupid...Don't be an idiot....Don't--

"How about you can suck it, i get money, you suck some more, and too bad fishlips".

You stupid idiot! Lelani had a mind to face palm herself but she couldn't bring herself to do it when the air had now rang out with Alex's grunts of pain every time the beat him. Lelani flinched, brown eyes cringing with each sound she heard. She had stopped looking and was now flinching with every punch, every kick, every grunt, until...Enough....ENOUGH. Her gripped hand leaving her school shirt, Lelani spawned her intricate staff out of the familiar blue light of the Zestian Enchantress before she leaped from behind her hiding spot, pointing the crescent tip their way.

"Conduction from dark clouds,
Strike with precision!"

Instantaneously with her voice, large, cackling zaps of lightning grew from the tip of her staff before separating in three lines, hitting three of the goons in their chest. They all let out yelps of agony as lightening coursed through their bodies. Lelani maintained the grip on her staff, concentrating as hard as she could to make her spell ring true, but also making sure Alex had some sort of plan.

"Any time now, Alex!"she shouted.

The men where hit hard leaving enough time to escape, Alex focused his mind on metal and used it to cut his rope around his wrists. A wrist watch broke off one of the thugs and cut off the rope. "AH son of a bitch!" Alex grabbed his wrist that started to bleed. He stood up and began to ran out and he noticed the boss. "HEY FISH LIPS!" The boss suddenly got a face full of blood from Alex's wrist. The boss's suit was full of blood but not his, it was Alex's. He herd Lelani shout for him and Alex yelled back "ALRIGHT I'M COMING!" He used his power to clear off all the blood off his mouth but not his wrist.

He ran began to pull her with him, with a sarcastic tone he said "You missed me babe?"
He Continue to run until they reached his house. "So hows your boy friend doing?"

"Are you out of your mind!? What were you thinking back there, huh? You could've gotten yourself killed with your teasing and probing! If it weren't for me, you would've been beaten to a pulp! Why didn't you just use those weird powers before hand instead of letting them beat you up! You have horrible timing, human! And look at what you did to your wrists! Do you even know how to control your powers at all? Not even a little bit! Now look! You're gonna die from blood loss! That guy is not my boyfriend! He set me up to let you get kidnapped! Where was your awareness?! And my name is not 'babe.' Its. LE. LAN. NEE!"she shouted while running off after him.

The other bad men were left behind to grovel in pain, unconsciousness, or maybe even death. She was not too sure how much power she used behind the lightning strikes, but they were just enough to let the both of them. Lelani had used two chants and her wings in less than 2 hours! She was getting exhausted as she was being dragged by his bloody hand. The streets started to swoon before her eyes in colors and sounds.

"I...can't do this."she said, breathing turning irregular as her legs shuffled more than ran. Any more and she would have been on the road.

Alex noticed that his godly friend was getting tired from all the energy she used up. "Now your an official earthling haha" He grabbed her and began to carry her to some where safe. He began to huff with every step and grunted "Dam it fat ass how much do you weigh?" He continued to run and complain while taking her to safety. They reached the lake where they met and Alex put her down near the water under a tree. He walked to the water and dipped his bleeding wrist in the water.

The water began to heal his arm but slowly, this cut was too deep for him to heal quickly. He began to get tired for healing hard enough.