The One True Pibbles
NEVER FORGET METROPOLIS.
Three words plastered across the world like an echo through the darkness, spoken in every language and drilled into the minds of billions on a daily basis. Metropolis, a once great city, left in ruins by the events of that day twenty-five years ago: the day the Man of Steel lost to the Clown Prince of Crime. His city lay in ruins, his wife battered and bloodied, and his child: murdered. For the first time in his life, Kal'El, "Superman", was vulnerable. They say that all of his rage and aggression turned to willpower, to strength. It helped him become more then just a Superman. It let him become a God.
Joker was rightfully brought to justice, his corpse hung high over Arkham as a sign to warn those who would dare commit criminal acts in the wake of Metropolis. No longer would the heroes of Earth allow criminal scum to roam free and spread terror in the heats of the innocent: they would be punished, severely, permanently. Debates arose among the heroes on wether or not Kal'El's methods were beneficial to the world at large. Some sided with the Man of Steel, who saw that killing criminals was the only way to truly save the world, and some sided with the Dark Knight, who stuck to his principles: that if the meta-humans acted like Gods, then they would eventually become the very criminals they sought to defeat. The world was in turmoil, the people required new leadership in this troubling time: and they believed the Meta Humans held the answer.
Thus, the One Earth Government came to be. Those who did not follow Superman were labeled Insurgents against peace and were hunted down. Batman and his Insurgents took to the shadows, striking at Superman's operations with extreme precision and expert timing. But as the years drew on, Superman's forces began to win. They conquered the planet, enforcing a government at which Kal'El placed himself atop. Batman and his Insurgents were outmatched, outgunned, and losing members fast. But they continued to fight even in the face of adversity. They would not sit by idly and let the mad Kryptonian take over their home.
Now, with their numbers dwindling and old age catching up to most of the Insurgents, no one is quite sure wether or not they will succeed in their endeavour. Most of those who once resisted Superman have gone into hiding, or have been killed in the line of fire. There are still those who stand by Batman, and there are those who now side with the Insurgents. It is a dark time for the planet.
But hope may yet lie within the legacy of heroes past. Bruce Wayne, now a tired old man struggling with the pains of his many mistakes, cannot go on for much longer. He and other like minded Insurgents now must put their trust in a group of young heroes and former villains who have their own reasons for aiding in the defeat of Superman.
It's time to rise up, to prove that justice does not need to be lethal to be successful, to show that no good can come from hero worship, to free those who have been oppressed for so long... To reignite the spark in the flames of Justice, and allow the legacy of heroes to be reborn.
It is time, to save the world.
1. No godmodding, metagaming, etc.
2. Proper grammar is needed, this is an Intermediate level RP, I expect a solid two paragraphs per IC post. No one liners either. You can also work with collabs if you don't want to flood the IC with only one conversation, so use that to your advantage!
3. Canon or OC-Canon characters allowed. No Mary Sue type characters, people have flaws, your characters do too.
4. Maximum of two characters per player. If you want more, you'll have to give me a really good reason or kill off one of your existing guys.
5. Characters can (and probably will) die. If they do, you can make another, should you want to fill that void.
5 1/2. If you have one character and want to leave the RP indefinitely, we can collaborate on a creative way for your character to either leave or get killed off. This really only applies if you want to kill your character. If you don't want to, then ignore this rule.
6. Try to be nice to one another in both the IC and the OoC. Everyone's here for a good time and even though I'm not a fan of confrontation (I personally don't like telling people off), I will intervene if things get too out of hand or if I'm requested to do so. Let's not have that happen and be nice ^^
7. Keep swearing, violence/gore and sex to a PG - 13 level. Romance is cool, I love it in RP's! If you get to a mature moment, fading to black is your friend in the thread, but if you take it out of the thread please follow site rules on Libertine/Liberteen RP's.
8. Please be active. If you're going to be unable to post for a while, then please notify me. If you lose interest in the RP and want to leave it then also notify me. I will remove your character from the roster and give them a good send-off. I won't kill anyone until I have official confirmation, but if you don't respond then I'll GM your character out of the IC until I get an answer.
9. Although we're all working together and the main plot is pretty much dictated by me, I'm all up for collaborating with you all to make this a group effort! That being said, I might not approve every idea because I still have to make sure things make sense continuity wise.
11. You just realized there is no "10" and went back to check :3
12. Now that you're pissed at me because of "11", post 'Who watches the Watchmen?' in the "Other" section of your sheet so I know who read the rules. Hey, it works because DC owns them.
Image of Character: (Can be drawn/real, but feel free to use a combination of both if you want [ex. A drawn image and a real life faceclaim]. Be sure to include an image of their costume as well!)
Race: (Human, Kryptonian, etc).
Powers/Abilties: (Does your character have powers? If not, just say so).
Skills: (What are they good at? If they don't have powers, tell us what they can bring to the table here).
Weapons: (What does your character bring into battle? If they don't use any, just say so).
Bio: (Tell us a little about your character. Maybe how they came to join the Insurgents, or how they got their powers. Minimum of 2-3 paragraphs, but more is always encouraged!)
Weaknesses: (At least 3. We all have a weakness of some kind, be it physical, emotional, or psychological).
Other: (include any additional information you want. Maybe a catchphrase that your character says, or any pets they may have).
Last edited by a moderator: