Justice League: The Other Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I didn't make the list of shame

Reactions: Stein
Stein updated Justice League: The Other Side with a new update entry:

WHAT'S THAT!? THE IC IS UP!? GURRRL YAS.

Alright ya little buschka's, the IC is officially live!

Things to note:

Your characters were given rings prior to the opening post, and the "Beacon" that is being referred to is them. What will happen is the ring will start to glow and your "Accepting the invite" is shown in the form of you pressing the ring.

The ring is a simple-yet-slightly-ornate metallic ring with the Justice League insignia in it. It will pulse slightly and when it does that, your character can press the ring....

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Love
Reactions: Raja
Guyz, I'm living for these posts so far. Let's keep this A-Game up!

Oh and if you haven't completed your sheet.....get on that.....get on that soon. Or at least give me a heads up on the hold up.

If your sheet is complete and hasn't been accepted or denied, let me know so I can help you out

@Stein did you want us to wait for other leaguers? Or should we continue to post?

I'd say wait for now. I don't plan on waiting for other players indefinitely as that generally stops up the game. So, I'll make a judgment call in a day or so. But if I see absolutely no IC activity then I'll continue on

Reactions: Kurogane86
Stein updated Justice League: The Other Side with a new update entry:

IC Progression

So it's looking like I'm going to move on without the other players. My view is that it's heavily disrespectful to string someone along and not give an answer yea or nay, so I'll take the lack of response and activity as a sign of disinterest.

I'll actively try and recruit others while we progress the story and create more opening points during the story.

I have a little bit to take care of work-wise, but I'll try and push us forward a little bit, and give y'all a bit more to work with.

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Love
Fuck the lessors, Steiny.

ff7b62cbd04729d5e40199299d7a66dd.gif

• Love
Reactions: Stein
Chloe Sullivan, Doctor Fate.

That's my pitch for you.

Chloe Sullivan, Doctor Fate.

That's my pitch for you.
Get your ass in here and whip up that character.

On ONE condition:

At least make an ATTEMPT to keep your CS of a moderate length.

XoXo~Stein

Get your ass in here and whip up that character.

On ONE condition:

At least make an ATTEMPT to keep your CS of a moderate length.

XoXo~Stein
Grew up in Smallville
Best friends with one Clark Kent
Briefly dated
Was an investigative reporter
Interned at the Daily Planet with cousin Lois
Always had an interest in paranormal
Became a paranormal investiagtor
Worked with John Constantine briefly
Fate's Helmet came to her after Clark's death

There we go :P

Reactions: Blacksam and Hillan
Grew up in Smallville
Briefly dated

Best CS you've ever written

UPDATE (but not official enough in my eyes for the "Update" option): I just got home, but I fucked up my back somehow, so I'm going to take it easy tonight because even sitting up is bothering me right now. I've got tomorrow free though, so I'll hammer out a post then. Also, this gives Wraith some time to whip up a CS and MAYBE even a post (but we can bring him a little later)

UPDATE (but not official enough in my eyes for the "Update" option): I just got home, but I fucked up my back somehow, so I'm going to take it easy tonight because even sitting up is bothering me right now. I've got tomorrow free though, so I'll hammer out a post then. Also, this gives Wraith some time to whip up a CS and MAYBE even a post (but we can bring him a little later)
c119da6682763733cc06f2af0ea637c7.gif

Ok let us know when we should start posting in the IC again.

Grew up in Smallville
Briefly dated

Mmm, still too long.

Reactions: Lord Wraith

Bang, bang, bangity, bang

• | NAME: |
    Chloe Anne Sullivan​

| ALIAS(ES): |
    Doctor Fate​

| PLACE OF BIRTH: |
    Metropolis​

| SPECIES: |
    Human (Fomerly Metahuman)​

| SEX: |
    Female​

| SEXUALITY: |
    Hetrosexual​

• | ABILITIES: |
    Magic: Unlike previous Fates, Chloe was not a powerful magician, before her powers were bestowed upon her by Nabu. Chloe however is one of the most knowledgeable people in the world in the field of the paranormal and the occult. Abilities that Chloe can invoke using the Helmet of Fate include:
    Flight: Through the use of Fate's magic, Chloe can ignore the laws of gravity.

Clairvoyance: Among the magical abilities bestowed upon Chloe is that of Clairvoyance. Chloe frequently has visions, whether of the future (precognition) or of things that occur elsewhere (retrocognition).

Teleportation: With the aid of the Helmet of Nabu, Chloe is capable of teleportation, both of herself and others. While invoking this magic, Chloe is capable of opening portals to separate dimensions. Previous Doctor Fates have manifested the ability to banish foes to other dimensions but Chloe has yet to manifest this ability.

Eldritch Blast: Chloe can summon blasts of destructive magical energy, these generally appear as a blinding flash of golden light. Often this is accompanied by the sign of the Ankh.

Electromancy: Chloe is capable of summoning divine bolts of lightning which often rain down from the sky.

Conjuration: Chloe is capable of conjuring powerful magical defenses that by invoking Wadjet, the eye of protection. She can also restrain enemies with bindings of conjured iron.

Healing: Chloe is able to heal the bodies of others through the use of Fate's magic.

Transformation: Chloe may temporarily transform the bodies of others into less harmful forms. This magic may wear off in a matter of minutes or not until Chloe seperates from Fate depending on the degree of the spell.​

| SKILLS: |
    Genius Level Intellect
    Amazing sense of intuition
    Deep knowledge of computers and electronics
    Expert level skills at hacking
    Knowledge in the paranormal, extraterrestrial, magic and the occult.

Basic self defense
    Basic skill with firearms​

| LIMITATIONS: |
    Without the Helmet of Nabu, Chloe is simply a human with a specific set of skills. Furthermore, her combat skills are rather limited as such in a fight without the Helmet Chloe would sorely lose. Her natural body has no defenses, especially since her metagene burned out years ago.​

| WEAKNESSES: |
    Unlike other bearers of the helmet, Chloe has no significant crime fighting skills and would not be able to fend for herself against metahumans or supernatural effects. John Constantine has taught her a number of basic tricks, but only enough that would allow her to escape a confrontation, not win one.

When transformed, Nabu's magical invulnerability still has a weakness to gas based attacks. As such, Chloe can be rendered unconscious or even suffer from the effects of villains such as Scarecrow if she's not mindful of her surroundings.

After long mystical battles or casting powerful spells, Fate's power would be depleted and needs to restore her mystical energy. As such, if faced with too powerful of a foe, there's a chance that Chloe could be transformed mid battle back to her vulnerable human self. Furthermore, if Nabu and Chloe aren't working together or come out of sync with one another, the helmet will seperate from Chloe also leaving her vulnerable.

Whenever Chloe removes the Helmet of Nabu she becomes temporarily insane, due to the strain on her mind by wearing it. Even without the Helmet, Nabu constantly talks to Chloe mentally and Chloe appears to be a crazy person since she often verbally answers Nabu. When paying attention, Chloe tries to keep to an inner monologue but when distracted or frustrated, Chloe has very vocal conversations with the seemingly ever nagging Nabu.
  • | WEAPONS: |
    Helmet of Nabu
    Screen-Shot-2014-06-10-at-9.37.06-AM-620x400.jpg

| TOOLS: |

| ATTIRE: |
    latest
  • | BACKSTORY: |
    Grew up in Smallville
    Briefly dated
    Fate's Helmet came to her after Clark's death​
[tabs][tab=| BASICS |][IMGA=right]http://i58.tinypic.com/vctn4l.jpg[/IMGA][B]| NAME: |[/B]
[INDENT]Chloe Anne Sullivan[/INDENT]

[B]| ALIAS(ES): |[/B]
[INDENT]Doctor Fate[/INDENT]

[B]| PLACE OF BIRTH: |[/B]
[INDENT]Metropolis[/INDENT]

[B]| SPECIES: |[/B]
[INDENT]Human (Fomerly Metahuman)[/INDENT]

[B]| SEX: |[/B]
[INDENT]Female[/INDENT]

[B]| SEXUALITY: |[/B]
[INDENT]Hetrosexual[/INDENT]

[/tab]
[tab=| POWER SET |][B]| ABILITIES: |[/B]
[INDENT]Magic: Unlike previous Fates, Chloe was not a powerful magician, before her powers were bestowed upon her by Nabu. Chloe however is one of the most knowledgeable people in the world in the field of the paranormal and the occult. Abilities that Chloe can invoke using the Helmet of Fate include:
[INDENT]Flight: Through the use of Fate's magic, Chloe can ignore the laws of gravity.

Clairvoyance: Among the magical abilities bestowed upon Chloe is that of Clairvoyance. Chloe frequently has visions, whether of the future (precognition) or of things that occur elsewhere (retrocognition).

Teleportation: With the aid of the Helmet of Nabu, Chloe is capable of teleportation, both of herself and others. While invoking this magic, Chloe is capable of opening portals to separate dimensions. Previous Doctor Fates have manifested the ability to banish foes to other dimensions but Chloe has yet to manifest this ability.

Eldritch Blast: Chloe can summon blasts of destructive magical energy, these generally appear as a blinding flash of golden light. Often this is accompanied by the sign of the Ankh.

Electromancy: Chloe is capable of summoning divine bolts of lightning which often rain down from the sky.

Conjuration: Chloe is capable of conjuring powerful magical defenses that by invoking Wadjet, the eye of protection. She can also restrain enemies with bindings of conjured iron.

Healing: Chloe is able to heal the bodies of others through the use of Fate's magic.

Transformation: Chloe may temporarily transform the bodies of others into less harmful forms. This magic may wear off in a matter of minutes or not until Chloe seperates from Fate depending on the degree of the spell. [/INDENT]
[/INDENT]

[B]| SKILLS: |[/B]
[INDENT]Genius Level Intellect

Basic self defense
Basic skill with firearms[/INDENT]

[B]| LIMITATIONS: |[/B]
[INDENT]Without the Helmet of Nabu, Chloe is simply a human with a specific set of skills. Furthermore, her combat skills are rather limited as such in a fight without the Helmet Chloe would sorely lose. Her natural body has no defenses, especially since her metagene burned out years ago.[/INDENT]

[B]| WEAKNESSES: |[/B]
[INDENT]Unlike other bearers of the helmet, Chloe has no significant crime fighting skills and would not be able to fend for herself against metahumans or supernatural effects. John Constantine has taught her a number of basic tricks, but only enough that would allow her to escape a confrontation, not win one.

When transformed, Nabu's magical invulnerability still has a weakness to gas based attacks. As such, Chloe can be rendered unconscious or even suffer from the effects of villains such as Scarecrow if she's not mindful of her surroundings.

After long mystical battles or casting powerful spells, Fate's power would be depleted and needs to restore her mystical energy. As such, if faced with too powerful of a foe, there's a chance that Chloe could be transformed mid battle back to her vulnerable human self. Furthermore, if Nabu and Chloe aren't working together or come out of sync with one another, the helmet will seperate from Chloe also leaving her vulnerable.

Whenever Chloe removes the Helmet of Nabu she becomes temporarily insane, due to the strain on her mind by wearing it. Even without the Helmet, Nabu constantly talks to Chloe mentally and Chloe appears to be a crazy person since she often verbally answers Nabu. When paying attention, Chloe tries to keep to an inner monologue but when distracted or frustrated, Chloe has very vocal conversations with the seemingly ever nagging Nabu.
[/INDENT]
[/tab]
[tab=| EQUIPMENT |][B]| WEAPONS: |[/B]
[INDENT]Helmet of Nabu
[IMG]http://cdn.bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Screen-Shot-2014-06-10-at-9.37.06-AM-620x400.jpg[/IMG][/INDENT]

[B]| TOOLS: |[/B]
[INDENT][/INDENT]

[B]| ATTIRE: |[/B]
[INDENT][IMG]http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/3/37/Earth_2_Vol_1_11_Textless.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130403162817[/IMG][/INDENT][/TAB]
[tab=| DETAILS |][B]| BACKSTORY: |[/B]
[INDENT]Grew up in Smallville
Briefly dated
Fate's Helmet came to her after Clark's death[/INDENT][/TAB][/tabs]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Hillan
  • | NAME: |
    Chloe Anne Sullivan

| ALIAS(ES): |
    Doctor Fate

| PLACE OF BIRTH: |
    Metropolis

| SPECIES: |
    Human (Fomerly Metahuman)

| SEX: |
    Female

| SEXUALITY: |
    Hetrosexual

• | ABILITIES: |
    Magic: Unlike previous Fates, Chloe was not a powerful magician, before her powers were bestowed upon her by Nabu. Chloe however is one of the most knowledgeable people in the world in the field of the paranormal and the occult. Abilities that Chloe can invoke using the Helmet of Fate include:
    Flight: Through the use of Fate's magic, Chloe can ignore the laws of gravity.

Transformation: Chloe may temporarily transform the bodies of others into less harmful forms. This magic may wear off in a matter of minutes or not until Chloe seperates from Fate depending on the degree of the spell.

| SKILLS: |
    Genius Level Intellect

Basic self defense
    Basic skill with firearms

| LIMITATIONS: |
    Without the Helmet of Nabu, Chloe is simply a human with a specific set of skills. Furthermore, her combat skills are rather limited as such in a fight without the Helmet Chloe would sorely lose. Her natural body has no defenses, especially since her metagene burned out years ago.

| WEAKNESSES: |
    Unlike other bearers of the helmet, Chloe has no significant crime fighting skills and would not be able to fend for herself against metahumans or supernatural effects. John Constantine has taught her a number of basic tricks, but only enough that would allow her to escape a confrontation, not win one.

• | WEAPONS: |
    Helmet of Nabu
    Screen-Shot-2014-06-10-at-9.37.06-AM-620x400.jpg

| TOOLS: |

| ATTIRE: |
    latest

• | BACKSTORY: |
    Grew up in Smallville
    Briefly dated

[tabs][tab=| BASICS |][IMGA=right]http://i58.tinypic.com/vctn4l.jpg[/IMGA][B]| NAME: |[/B]
[INDENT]Chloe Anne Sullivan[/INDENT]

[B]| ALIAS(ES): |[/B]
[INDENT]Doctor Fate[/INDENT]

[B]| PLACE OF BIRTH: |[/B]
[INDENT]Metropolis[/INDENT]

[B]| SPECIES: |[/B]
[INDENT]Human (Fomerly Metahuman)[/INDENT]

[B]| SEX: |[/B]
[INDENT]Female[/INDENT]

[B]| SEXUALITY: |[/B]
[INDENT]Hetrosexual[/INDENT]

[/tab]
[tab=| POWER SET |][B]| ABILITIES: |[/B]
[INDENT]Magic: Unlike previous Fates, Chloe was not a powerful magician, before her powers were bestowed upon her by Nabu. Chloe however is one of the most knowledgeable people in the world in the field of the paranormal and the occult. Abilities that Chloe can invoke using the Helmet of Fate include:
[INDENT]Flight: Through the use of Fate's magic, Chloe can ignore the laws of gravity.

Transformation: Chloe may temporarily transform the bodies of others into less harmful forms. This magic may wear off in a matter of minutes or not until Chloe seperates from Fate depending on the degree of the spell. [/INDENT]
[/INDENT]

[B]| SKILLS: |[/B]
[INDENT]Genius Level Intellect

Basic self defense
Basic skill with firearms[/INDENT]

[B]| LIMITATIONS: |[/B]
[INDENT]Without the Helmet of Nabu, Chloe is simply a human with a specific set of skills. Furthermore, her combat skills are rather limited as such in a fight without the Helmet Chloe would sorely lose. Her natural body has no defenses, especially since her metagene burned out years ago.[/INDENT]

[B]| WEAKNESSES: |[/B]
[INDENT]Unlike other bearers of the helmet, Chloe has no significant crime fighting skills and would not be able to fend for herself against metahumans or supernatural effects. John Constantine has taught her a number of basic tricks, but only enough that would allow her to escape a confrontation, not win one.

[/INDENT]
[/tab]
[tab=| EQUIPMENT |][B]| WEAPONS: |[/B]
[INDENT]Helmet of Nabu
[IMG]http://cdn.bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Screen-Shot-2014-06-10-at-9.37.06-AM-620x400.jpg[/IMG][/INDENT]

[B]| TOOLS: |[/B]
[INDENT][/INDENT]

[B]| ATTIRE: |[/B]
[INDENT][IMG]http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/3/37/Earth_2_Vol_1_11_Textless.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130403162817[/IMG][/INDENT][/TAB]
[tab=| DETAILS |][B]| BACKSTORY: |[/B]
[INDENT]Grew up in Smallville
Briefly dated
Fate's Helmet came to her after Clark's death[/INDENT][/TAB][/tabs]
I will end you if you leave that backstory in such a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.