Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan gasped, desperately sucking in air as Green Lantern's attack freed him from Brutaal's iron grip. As he hit the ground, he began to scramble away from the edgy, hot-topic Superman to get the out of the way of the rest of the league's assault, doing his best to keep as much of the room as possible between himself and the invulnerable flying alien who could fry him by glaring. The lantern's response to his question registered a bit late, what with the being choked and all, "Steppenwolf?" He called back, "Like the metal band?" Ryan asked, his eyes coming to rest on the figure in purple robes as they glanced about the room. GL might not have known who he was, but Ryan knew exactly the game he was playing here. It was a pretty similar setup to most of his battles with Felix Faust. There'd be one giant enemy, some sort of super-powered bruiser or summoned ally, with his boss staying in the back, very rarely tossing out ranged attacks from a position of safety. Not even alien gods of suffering could be free of cliches, it seemed.

He fished through his pockets for more components. He might be able to use a teleportation spell on Brutaal and send him somewhere far away. He doubted he could send him far enough that it would buy them much time, with his speed, but it could prove valuable. His little toy that he'd set up before finally came online, patching him in to the U.N. building's systems and forcing them to answer to his mental commands. This place had way more to it than he imagined, security and broadcast systems were something he'd expected, but the exact depth of those systems shocked him. There was also some sort of bunker underneath, filled with servers and computers loaded with data that he..he'd have to check it out later, to his regret. Right now, he had to focus. In response to his mental commands, several of the doors into the conference room that the fight was going on in slammed shut, whereas others, further from the action, stayed open. Tiny lights across the floor, meant to mark the aisles, began to flash in patterns that illuminated the safest path to take, keeping the dignitaries of dozens of countries as far from Brutaal as possible. Emergency protocols were being activated across the building in accordance with his thoughts. Defensive systems came online as the metahuman attack protocols were activated, and Relic picked out Vandal Savage and Bizarro to represent Desaad and Brutaal. It seemed as fitting as anything else.

Keeping low to the ground, he tossed another lightning bolt at Brutaal, aiming to strike his eyes and force him to lay off of the newest Supergirl. He could only toss out about five more of these with the components he had today, but he'd have plenty of other spells to try out. Plus, he hadn't even drawn any of his weapons yet; he had plenty to contribute. The lightning bolt flew straight, as bolts of lightning are prone to do, striking him right between the eyes with pinpoint accuracy. Even as the lightning left his hand, he reached for the small pouch on his belt, planning on knocking back one of his Miraclo pills in the hopes that it would give him enough strength to survive this Hot Topic Superman. He knew he wouldn't be strong enough to contend him, but with the help of his magic, his science, and a little luck, he just might live long enough to see tomorrow. The pill slipped past his lips as he instinctively tried not to let it touch his tongue, lest he experience the terrible, artificial cherry flavor. It was better than the default taste, but not exactly pleasant by any stretch of the imagination. Brutal's head jerked back as the lightning bolt struck him again, his heat vision carving pencil-thick parallel lines in the floor, wall, and ceiling as it flowed from his eyes.

He can feel the newfound power surging through him, his muscles altering in response to the chemicals newly introduced into his body. He didn't undergo any noticeable physical changes, though the newfound tightness in his muscles made it look like he was flexing really hard, everywhere, at once. His bones hardened, and his skin cells locked themselves together, forming an layer of organic chainmail that could stop a bullet. It wouldn't be enough to save him from anything more than a glancing blow from Brutaal, he knew, but it might provide the edge he needed to get through this battle alive. He popped something else in his mouth too, something that he couldn't avoid touching his tongue. It was the components for a powerful spell that he'd use to cover his ass when things inevitably went wrong with his new plan, and it tasted like complete shit.

He wanted to go after the man in the cloak, but the downed veteran in the center of the room was equally, if not more pressing. If he could get to the stranger who'd clearly stolen his costume from Party City, he might be able to end this now. Of course, with Cyborg barely holding on as he was, he was a liability. He was also their only way out of here, if things went wrong. Plus, he was quite confident that the Watchtower had, at least at one point, possessed orbital weaponry. A little artillery support certainly wouldn't be a bad thing against this bizarro superman. Wait, bizzarro was someone else, wasn't he? Still, as much as he wanted to focus down the man in rags, or take the invaluable information stored within the archives down below, he knew what he had to do. What any real hero would have done.

He was getting Cyborg out of harms way. With his newfound speed, he made a mad dash to where his chrome ally lay, hoisting his body over one shoulder. He thanked himself for the foresight to take one of his super-power granting Miraclo pills, as the cybernetically enhanced linebacker was far to heavy for him to carry normally. He was considerably slower as he was weighed down by the giant mechanical man. Brutaal, of course, saw this vulnerability and rushed forward with such speed that the windows cracked. Faster than a speeding bullet, he flew straight into Relic's trap, as preemptively blew a blazing cone of green flame from his lips along his predicted flight-path, catching him right in the middle of his rush. The green flame stuck to it's victim like napalm as he flew away to escape it, burning away at his costume and flesh. Normally, this was the part where Ryan would make a quip, but he didn't have time to engage in his bad habits right now. He just ran, as fast as he could to carry the downed hero outside of the danger zone.

Had he seen the tiny heroine enter Brutaal's ear, he would have used a different tactic.

He wasn't sure just how injured he was, but he was doubtful that his medicine kit would be able to heal him, given the fact that Cyborg was just as much machine as he was man. "Just stay back for now, maybe get the big space-gun in the watchtower ready, if you can Boom Tube yourself out of here," he said, turning back in towards the fray, readying himself to jump back in after the man in the bathrobe.

-------------------

Brutaal swatted at the flames covering his body. His supreme durability was protecting him, for now, but the sharp mystical sting made it clear that it wouldn't protect him forever. Each time he tried swatting at the flames, they merely spread to his hands, so the reanimated kryptonian tried a different tactic. With a brief delay, he attempted to rocket upwards. Unless someone managed to grab him, he'd be shooting upwards into the sky, using the windspeeds from his flight to pull the flames off of him.

• Love
Reactions: Cush Almighty
"Steppenwolf...like the metal band?"

"Not quite, like Darkseid's supreme high general...but I digress. Come to think of it, that would be an awesome name for a band, scuse me one sec." says Darrian as the energy barrier emanating from his Ring that was holding up the ceiling, balloons outward, effectively clearing the remaining rubble safely away from the interior of the building...albeit leaving a large gaping hole where the ceiling used to be.

"Ok, time to cut loose!" Darrian says as he now trains his full force on the counterfeit Superman.

The other heroes had made an impressive stand against the impostor, especially Supergirl and Relic...who was now trying to aid the fallen Cyborg. Bruutal charged towards Relic but was ensnared in a fire trap, halting his attack. The Kryptonian knockoff darted upwards to try and extinguish the flames, but the Lantern immediately lassoed him with a lariat of emerald energy and violently yanked him back, effortlessly slamming Bruutal into several pillars in the hall.

"Oh no ya don't Chuckles ...you don't get off that easily!" Darrian looks over to Relic "Awesome fire trick dude, gotta teach me that one sometime. By the way, didn't catch your name...ya know what nevermind, we'll play the meet and greet later. Get Cyborg to safety, the rest of us will stall the bastard as best we can."

At that, Darrian return's his attention to Bruutal, who has already recovered from the Lantern's attack "By Allah, your like a bad zit on prom night...you just won't go away." he calls over to Supergirl "Say blondie, I like your footwork, tell ya what...I'll hit em high, you hit em low!"

Bruutal smirks slightly "Well, well...a Green Lantern, haven't seen one of you rejects in a while. Let's see if you can actually make me break a sweat, unlike the rest of these losers!"

"Yea this asshole is definitely from Apokolips, what do you jack offs take courses in...reading, writing and running your mouth?"

"Cute, very cute...you won't think so when I crumble your spine in my hand".

"Ya know that gives me an idea...I want you to meet a few friends of mine." says Darrian as three clouds of green energy emanate from his Power Ring and morph into three hulking figures...all with very unique appearances and weapons.

Bruutal shoots the Lantern a look of confusion...

"Hey what can I say...I was always a big horror fan as a kid. Now welcome to prime time bitch!" he says as three fully formed energy constructs of horror villains Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers...all brandishing their signature weapons, attack Bruutal at once.

"Alright Super Woman...or whatever, now's your chance...hit em with all you got!"

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
One of the biggest issues that Rhiannon had in getting used to her powers was learning to control them. There were times when she would suddenly shrink for no apparent reason, and one of the worst times was when she was helping her mom clean their house. Rhiannon shrank while she was feeding their cat, and to make it worse her mom Alice was running the vacuum. That meant she was not only under the threat of being eaten by the cat, but the feeling of the vacuum trying to pull her into the machine. Luckily, she grabbed onto the table cloth, climbed up just out of the cat's reach, and her mom Alice saw her. Rhiannon was terrified and felt helpless during that incident. Being knocked about while inside of Brutaal's head was starting to make Atom feel nostalgic about that early episode. The vibrations were jarring, and being in the ear canal everything was amplified. Atom felt as though she were riding a bull in the middle of tornado. "Glad I didn't eat dinner before all of this." Her mask came with sound dampeners built in, along with protective lenses to protect her eyes, but the sound was still difficult to deal with.

Atom started to fall out, but at the last moment she grabbed onto his cape. Atom began to crawl across the cape to the other side of Brutaal. Being on the outside of all this wasn't much easier as the vibrations and threats of attacks of more attacks made Atom rethink her plan of attack. Just then Brutaal rocketed skyward. Atom knew there was no way to let go now even if she wanted to the g-forces flattened her against his cape.

Once he stopped Atom was trying to catch her breath, but then she heard Green Lantern trash talking and then encouraging the other Kryptonian to strike at some point. Atom knew things were about to ugly on an epic scale. She quickly scurried across his cape and back into his other ear. She was physically exhausted from being in his ear the first time, the flight straight up, and now having crawled as fast as she could to get in his ear if for nothing else safety purposes Atom rested on her hands and knees for a couple of breaths. She said, "All-right Atom time to have fun again." With that she floated up and said, "Hey Brutaal! Get ready for another round of vertigo! Let's see if I can make you hurl this time!" Once again began pummeling his inner-ear but this time also singing as loud as she could Prince's classic "When Doves Cry."

The powerful beam searing hot solar energy that was Brutaal's heat vision had managed to put Marvel down again. She kept her hand on her head as she stood up knowing it wouldn't stop the searing pain left from Brutaal's attack. If it wasn't for Relic, she would've been lobotomized. She heard Relic probe The GL for info on these two and he had nothing on them. Kerme could see her teammates holding their own against Brutal with even Atom doing her part.

Brutaal had taken lighting bolts, Giant roots, Willpower constructs and the heat vision of a fellow Kryptonian and was still going. The only thing that gave Marvel a little hope was Relic getting Cyborg out the way and setting Brutaal on fire with magic. The green flame ate at him and his costume causing Brutaal pain. It would be dangerous let something like that continue to burn for it might cause real damage. Brutaal tried to escape and drag the flames off him by ascending to the sky, but the GL made that easy task difficult. He's managing to keep him at bay with horror movie constructs. He screamed for Supergirl to give Brutaal all she had, but Kerme really wanted to get her payback. Brutal fought each construct shattering one shortly after another till no were left and as the green flame burnt even larger.

Black Marvel looked towards Desaad and saw him smirking as a tree's root tried to break his barrier. She had the perfect way to take that of smirk off his face using his own lackey. She waited till Brutaal was in the process of defeating the final construct when she jumped back into the battle. With the speed of Huru, Marvel flew towards Brutaal with both of her hands cupped together and reeled back. She then swings her cupped hands together and strikes Brutaal in the back of the head with the strength of Amon. He's sent flying into Desaad barrier and disrupting it on impact. He hit Desaad and knocked him down easily.

Brutaal rose up from this feeling the back of his skull. He pulled his hand off the back of his head and saw his own blood. He clenches the blood covered hand and ignored the still burning green flame that was spreading. He turned his head to Desaad with a scowl on his face. "Desaad, Go and prepare the troops for the invasion..." He then turned his head back to face the league. "I'm going to clear this spot and rejoin you guys when I can."

Desaad stood up rubbing his aching chest. "Brutaal, are you going flare? That going to seriously drain your powers! I will not allow you to put this invasion in jeopardy because you failing to handle these mortals!" Desaad explained raising his voice. "Do not flare, I order you!" He commands pointing towards Brutaal. "DO YOU HEAR ME!"

Brutaal only smiles at Desaad and his body starts to heat up. "I only obey our Lord Darkseid. I refuse to let that cowardly mage take me down with such an annoying spell or the Atom remaining a nuisance. You fools manage to put up a decent fight, much more powerful than I was excepting. Sadly, I want to rid myself of you pesky ants. I have wasted enough time fighting you all." Before Brutaal would unleash the stored up solar energy in his cells, Cyborg knew what Brutaal was doing and opened up a bomb tube behind him alerting everyone with its humming sound and bomb. "Run, I'm going off no matter what and taking part of manhattan with me."

"Guys..." Cyborg started to stand up as he yelled out to the team. "Get in the tube, hurry!" He turned around and ran into the boom tube. He wasn't expecting for things to go this bad, he was taken down before the fight had even started and now this fake superman was going to superflare and wipe them all out. Desaad had already escaped through his boom tube once he realizes Brutaal wasn't going to listen to him.

Black Marvel watched as Brutaal glowed red hot as things started to burn around him. She hopped Atom had made it out of his ear by now. She heard Cyborg calling to her and the team to get in the boom tube he opened. She knew they needed to get out of there before Brutaal did whatever he was planning to do. "Guys, We should do what he says. This doesn't look good!" She hoped no one would get caught in whatever Brutaal was trying to do. Last she checked, everyone was away from Brutaal, but she wasn't sure if Atom was. She was so tiny she could be anywhere and might not be fast enough to escape.

She flew towards the boom tube grabbing Nightbloom and Relic, the only fleshy look team members on the group. First, she grabbed Nightbloom, picking up by his waist with one arm and doing the other to Relic. Through the vortex of humming, rippling light circle and back on satellite known as the Watchtower. She landed on the ground and let go of her passengers. She turned to them both and smile at them looking naturally friendly. "Sorry about that boys. Got worried and just scoop the two slowest looking guys around." Kerme said casually. She then quickly realizes how that came off and covered her ass. "Don't take that the wrong way, I didn't mean to sound so rude. My name is Black Marvel but you call me Kerme."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
solar%2Bflare.jpg

"Krraakooom!!!" A loud explosion went off in the UN building that annihilated anything within 1000 feet. The Justice Leauge escaped the blast but unfortunately not New York. The very force of this ability knocked buildings down close by and broke windows miles away. After the fireball had finished only a smoking crater was left behind. This was a rarely used ability of Superman thanks to its destructive power. This was the cruelty of Darkseid's forces, to do the unspeakable on a massive scale.​

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cyborg watch on the computer screen as the Watchtower had locked on the blast site when it picked up an abnormal amount of thermal energy. He looked at the screen, agony written on his face. He was unprepared, this was his fought. He thought of the Superman he saw going by Brutaal. "How could you Clark? This must be so sick joke being played by Desaad, that damn sadistic monster. Why create such an abomination!" Cyborg punched the closest computer and causing it to malfunction. He turned to the Justice League with anger, shame and a bewilder look. "I've fucked up, I didn't know we'd encounter something like that. To think, they've cloned Superman and produce that...thing. This is what we're fighting here and it will get even worse! I'm positive that monster is done for. He could return at any moment and rip this place to shreds." Cyborg needed a seat so went to the chair at the main computer. He needed to get his head together and what to do next.

Kerme looked to her teammates and at Cyborg. He looked defeat but doubted that was the case. He looked to be in shock at how bad things actually got. She looked at what was left from the explosion...nothing but smoke, fire, and ash. This was going to be a war for sure and Kerme wonder for a second could they actually lose this? Cyborg said this wasn't the last they would see of Brutaal after all. They had a lot of work on their shoulders, that was becoming clear now. Kerme wasn't sure if she could have stopped it but she could have at the very least tried. She now has their blood on her hand and below her, thousands are likely suffering and dying because she and her team failed to stop Brutaal. She felt as much shame as Cyborg. She wanted go to the corner cry but refuse to look we in front of the others.​

Atom was starting to tire out. She could tell that her being a distraction to Brutaal was taking a toll in some way, but at her size and the constant movement by her, the singing, and the environment she was in was starting to take its toll on her physically. Atom said, "Okay you Superman knock off! I know you gotta be getting tired of this, but that's okay because I know lots more Prince songs!" She took a deep breath and said, "Gotta keep it up tempo, so how about…" Atom took a deep breath and said, "'Dearly beloved we are gathered to get through this thing called life!' Yeah that works!" With that she began to resume her assault on his inner ear and senses.

Just then Atom heard what he was telling Desaad and the term 'Flare.' Atom immediately stopped and asked, "Why does this sound like a bad thing?" She was also curious about something else. If Brutaal was as powerful as Superman, why didn't he kill them all? According to her father, Superman was the be-all end-all of the Leaguers in terms of powers, and Atom had seen footage of Superman in action. He should've been able to wipe the floor with all of them. Something else that her dad had told Atom about Superman was that he absolutely abhorred killing anything or anyone. He did it once or twice, Ray never said why, but it always devastated him and it would be days before anyone saw Superman again. Maybe there was something of Clark Kent still inside of this monster.

Atom was guessing that the changes in the physiology on the outside were intense, because inside they were gettingvery intense. Cells giving off so much heat that she thought that a heat stroke was on the way if she didn't get out of there within a matter of seconds. Atom tried to move towards the opening but between the heat and the surface becoming more slick she was having a hard time getting her footing. Not to mention the second she stopped her body had said it had enough. Atom collapsed and felt herself starting to go out. She took a couple of deep breaths and said, "All right Palmer get your stuff together. Besides if you're going out it ain't gonna be like this!" Atom floated up and saw what she believed was blue and red flash. At her size, it wasn't that easy to tell, but at the moment she didn't have time to question she was trusting that she saw Supergirl. She said, "Time for a leap of faith, and hope Supergirl has the same super-hearing as Superman."

With that she grabbed, what could be described as ear hairs and pulled back. Atom then leaned back and then thrusted herself forward. Within the blink of an eye Atom was catapulted out of the opening. As she flew Atom grew back to a more noticeable size, and with every ounce of energy she yelled, "SUPERGIRL! CATCH ME!" Within the blink of an eye Atom slammed into what felt like a sky-blue colored wall, and then there was complete darkness. Atom then closed her eyes and said, "On the whole, still a better time than the faculty mixer" as she felt her entire body go limp.

@Camleen

Last edited:

"One of the most difficult things to think about in life is one's regrets. Something will happen to you, and you will do the wrong thing, and for years afterward you will wish you had done something different."
~Lemony Snicket

While she couldn't 'fire back' as it were towards Brutaal, she could still hold her own. Certainly better than the others could, so it made sense for her to keep herself front and center. Make her an obvious target. Supergirl stumbles back as his heat vision barrage continues, and then Black Marvel strikes!

Supergirl takes a deep breath, her arms whipping down to her sides, her hands in fists. She leaps to her left as Brutaal is sent flying towards Desaad, her eyes snapping back towards Black Marvel, in utmost admiration. She got the drop on him, something Tasha seems to be unable to do on her own.

She spins now as Brutaal and Desaad have words, her eyes narrowing. He's.. going to take part of Manhattan with him? Could he do something like that? Is that something Superman was capable of? And once more she has to remind herself that Brutaal ISN'T Superman.. he's not Clark. He.. can't be.. He's going to make himself into a bomb, for lack of better terms. People are going to die.

Now Supergirl isn't a flyer, not yet. Not truly. Oh she can fly, but the finer points of flying still elude her. Like.. landing without destroying what you're landing on. Or maneuvering in the air like a free bird. Things she dreams of doing. She may not be able to fly as gracefully or masterfully as some of the others amongst this Justice League.. but she can fly in a straight line. She can fly upwards.

Supergirl's knees bend, and she rushes towards Brutaal. She has every intention of grabbing him.. and then launching herself and him straight up into the stratosphere. Before he explodes, before he can hurt more people. She doesn't know if she'll survive, but that kind of doubt is nowhere in her logic at this moment. She hears Cyborg's order somewhere in the distance, but she ignores him.

She reaches out towards Brutaal… and her eyes widen as now she hears someone… someone calling for help..

"Supergirl! Catch me!"

She knows that voice.. it's the other girl that was dressed in a superheroine outfit. Atom, right? Her supervision draws towards Atom as she gains just a little of her mass back.. she doesn't look good. Good God she was in there when Brutaal started to 'charge' himself.. she could have been cooked alive! Her gaze snaps to Brutaal.. and she makes a decision. Her hand scoops down in nothing more than a blur of movement, and she catches the 4 inch girl in her hand. She skids to a halt not a foot away from Brutaal, the ground under her churning up with her sudden stop and change of direction. She can almost feel the heat radiating from Brutaal at this very close distance. He's about to do it, she can sense it.

Supergirl now cups Atom in her hands, her fingers making a loose little housing for her in her palms between her hands. She of course makes sure to give her room, but she also makes sure there are no breaks in contact of her hands. Atom will be safe from the heat and radiation being given off by Brutaal at this distance. She glares at Brutaal as she spins on her heels, and she launches herself and Atom towards the now open Boom Tube.

She can feel the world behind her exploding, she can feel the world crumbling around her. She closes her eyes as she disappears into the Boom Tube, and suddenly she is back in the Watchtower. She stumbles to a halt, gently cradling her hands against her chest to make sure Atom isn't rocked with her sudden movements. She finds herself breathing a little heavily as she kneels down, gently laying Atom against the deck of the Watchtower. She remains kneeling on one knee there, her eyes moving to the same screen everyone else is watching. The aftermath of what happened. Like Kerme, she just wants to cry. She has dreamed of being a hero from the time she could walk. This day was one she has seen in her mind a thousand times. And it just.. all went to hell. Very quickly.

She looks back down to Atom, making sure the girl is still breathing. She seems none the worse for wear, maybe just spent. She pushes herself to her feet, her hands clenched into trembling fists. She looks towards Cyborg and is about to say something.. but she stops herself a moment. If she had spoken, it would have been followed by a few tears. So a moment to gather herself.. deep breath… count to 5.. and then..

"Cyborg, open a portal back to that location. I'm going back." She pauses as she glances to the others, and they would be able to tell she's almost being overrun by her emotions at this moment. She then looks back to Cyborg as she continues. "Either open a portal or I'm gonna find an airlock and just fly down. Or break through a wall and get down there, you know I can. I need to go back and help with recovery. Get as many people out alive as I can" Her conviction is in her words, and she glances to Atom once more. "And take care of her.. I think she's just exhausted.." She wants to help Atom if she can.. but at this moment her mind is on those she left below. The people she couldn't save. She doesn't regret choosing to help Atom rather than take the bomb that was Brutaal out... she would never do that. She's just regretful that she couldn't do both. Superman... the real Superman.. would have saved Atom, got rid of the bomb-guy and saved the day. Heck even her mom would have. And Tasha.. just couldn't...

Her big blue eyes look back towards Cyborg, tears rimming them as she waits for him to do as she says.

Last edited:
His horror villain constructs were actually doing better than he had expected, they got in several good hits and the Freddy construct had actually managed to render three claw marks across Bruutal's chest. But alas, the Apokoliptian aberration slowly took them out one by one, and finished off his last construct with a flick of his heat vision.

"Oh geez, know when to say when, will ya!" shouted Darrian.

It was than that Black Marvel and Supergirl launched their attacks, the former actually managing to draw blood. A few words were said and Bruutal began to glow red hot as if to explode.

Darrian reeled back as he hovered in the air, his eyes glowing green with the Lantern energy. He was about to unleash a force wave of Lantern energy that would've undoubtedly taken out half a city block "There's just something about homicidal maniacs from another planet, I tell you they just positively glow..."

"Guys..." Cyborg started to stand up as he yelled out to the team. "Get in the tube, hurry!"

Darrian turned back to face Cyborg "You gotta be kiddin me! I'm not just gonna cut and run...we can take this guy!" he said but noticed Black Marvel had swiftly entered the tube after Cyborg carrying Relic. It was than that the GL turned back and noticed Bruutal glowing even brighter, getting so hot he caused even the air around him to combust.

"Than again..." realizing that Cyborg might've been right. He flies towards the open boom tube and just before entering it shouts "Next time freak!" at that he zooms through the portal and back onto the Watch Tower."

Once everyone was safely back on the other side, Supergirl than demands to go back to try and save more civilians. Darrian inhales deeply "No hold on Kryptonian...I know how you feel and what your trying to do is noble. Saving lives is admirable, but getting yourself killed in the process isn't gonna help anyone, especially those who are gonna get caught in the crossfire when Darkseid and his forces invade. Besides, the son of a bitch looked like he was about to go nuclear and I doubt even you could've survived a blast like that. We need a plan here and most of all some kind of reinforcements. Let me get communication back to Oa, The Guardians can mobilize the Corps and even the playing field. Darkseid's tough, but I doubt even he can hold his own against a few thousand Green Lanterns. What ya say Cyborg...it may be our only hope at this point."

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan tugged his Raanian ray gun from its holster on his waist. It was easily one of his more powerful weapons, effectively obliterating anything that touched it's deadly energies by scattering the molecules of anything it hit. He took aim at Desaad as Brutaal began to glow. If the purple guy was going to leave and bring the entire Apokolyptian fleet back to earth, Relic was more than ready to kill him. He wasn't a murderer, but he was perfectly willing to sacrifice the life on an alien torturer if it meant buying more time for his planet, and his people, to survive. With his free hand, he tugged a tiny metal sphere, no larger than a golf ball, and flicked it at Brutaal. He doubted it would contain the Kryptonian, seeing as he'd fought weaker foes who'd broken free, but his Magitech Runic Bindings should at least provide a distraction while he put an end to the man in robes.

Unfortunately, none of it mattered. Just as he was pulling the trigger, he was yanked into a Boom Tube by something flying faster than his eyes could track. His shot went wide, instead carving a pencil-sized hole in a wall a full foot away from his target. His hat flew from his head as he was yanked backwards, and he only barely managed to catch it, pinning the wide brim between his index and middle fingers. Once he was safe in the confines of the watchtower once more, he let out a sigh of relief, "You weren't rude at all, it's a pleasure to put a name to the pretty face," he replied to the woman who'd saved him from a spectacular death. He placed his hat back on his head before he spoke again, "Laser Floyd over here isn't the only one with powerful friends," he said, holstering his ray gun as he turned to the League's de facto leader, "I've got myself a fair share of summoning spells to turn the tide well in our favor, and against someone like Darkseid, we'll need all the help we can get if we want to see tomorrow," he said before turning to Supergirl, "I need to get down on the ground too, I've got stuff in my safehouses that I've been saving for an occasion like this," he said, "I could teleport us both to Star City if you give me a minute or two, but you'd be on your own from there,"

He wasn't lying about having resources saved up. Throughout his adventures as a hero, he'd accumulated a wealth of immensely powerful single-use items, and there wasn't going to be a better time to use them than an invasion by an army of space-demons lead by the most dangerous man in the galaxy. He really wished that he'd finished a couple of projects he'd been working on now. What he wouldn't give for a full suit of enchanted power armor when fighting the hordes of Parademons that were sure to arrive any minute. Unfortunately, with the Gallahad armor still weeks from completion, he'd have to make due with other weapons.

He reached into the pouch hanging from his waist, producing a handful of small white pills, "You guys should all take one of these, they last for an hour, and they make you stronger, faster, and tougher. It isn't a huge buff for some of you, but hopefully it should provide the extra edge we'll want for a battle like this,"

Atom had issues physically with the Boom Tube getting to the U-N. Riding back to the Watchtower in the palms of Supergirl was giving her issues mentally. While Supergirl was keeping her shielded from the blast and the physical issues of the Boom Tube there was always an awkward feeling that Atom had whenever she was in someone's palm. It didn't matter who it was even her parents holding her in their hands made her feel a bit uncomfortable. At the moment though, Atom was just grateful that Supergirl saved her life.

Once Supergirl released Atom she tried to stand up and then collapsed on all fours. Atom took a couple of deep breaths and then stood back up. She floated up to eye level with Supergirl and said, "Thank you for saving my life. Excuse me for a moment." Atom floated to a nearby waste disposal unit and vomited. Between all the action that they had encountered, being in Brutaal's inner ear, being in there while he became a WMD, and catapulting into what felt like a wall Atom's body was done for a bit. She then floated over to a water dispenser. Atom pressed a series of buttons and there was a gentle stream of water flowing down. Atom stood underneath the water for a couple of moments just to cool down for a moment and to regain her focus. To them seeing a six-inch tall woman in a red-blue bio suit standing under flowing water from a water dispenser might look strange, but to Atom though this was nothing more than using the items around her to help feel normal. As the water fell over her she said in a whisper with her eyes closed, "Again, beats the Hell out of the Faculty Mixer."Once she was done with that Atom floated over to the nearby exhaust fan and hovered just in front of it. After feeling like she was dried off Atom floated back over to where the others were.

She heard Supergirl wanting to go down to help with the recovery efforts, Green Lantern trying to dissuade her and wanting to get more from the Corps to help out, then there was the Indiana Jones looking guy who wanted to go back down for more of his supplies. Atom studied the situation carefully and then she made her choice. Atom floated next to Supergirl and said, "You need to realize something though. After what just happened a lot of people down there won't see you they will see…" Atom pointed to Supergirl's logo and then looked up at the screen with Brutaal and back to Supergirl. She continued, "I know it's not true but this is the way human nature is sometimes. Think about the Muslims after 9/11, Christians when one of them falls from grace, or someone who supports a political point of view and then gets painted with the same brush as that entire party regardless of what they feel about certain other aspects of the party." Atom shook her head and said, "I know that it's not fair to you, but that's the world we live in. I know someone who used to be associated with the Justice League, and Cyborg can back me up on this, but there were many times when one member made a mistake or something went wrong and unfairly the rest of the League paid for their sins as well as them. It's guilt by association."

Atom's heart was braking as she spoke to Supergirl. She couldn't begin to imagine the hurt that Supergirl was feeling, and then Atom felt tears in her eyes. Atom took a deep breath and said, "All that being said, if you go back down there…" Atom nodded and said, "I'll go with you and I'll stand by you. I promise I won't desert you."

@Camleen

Reactions: Chris_Reaper
Status
Not open for further replies.