Justice League: Insurgency(OOC)

Inferno

Jaime Sandoval

Age 18

5'10"

Affiliation: Ras Al Ghul... For now

In his super form, Jaime's body becomes mystical fire.

As such, he is not solid and generally is not affected by normal objects or energies. Water however… the antithesis of fire will affect him greatly.

His plasma form is extremely hot, minimally several hundred degrees and it can get hotter.

He is always now immune to heat and fire

He can project fire and heat to an extreme degree

Thermokinesis: Inferno has the ability to mentally control the ambient heat energy within his immediate environment, even when he himself is not aflame. He can reduce objects' temperatures (if they are in a normal range for existing on Earth's surface) to about 30 F, raise them to several hundred degrees, or extinguish open flames. His radius of influence is about 80 feet. The heat energy he takes from the environment is absorbed into his own body. If he takes in a critical amount while he is not aflame, he will become aflame. There are unknown limits to the amount of flame he can absorb into his own body harmlessly while he is himself aflame.

He can fly, roughly between 100 and 200 mph.

He has superhuman endurance & durability and can go full tilt for about 16 hours before his reserves of energy run out unless he can absorb heat from other sources.

His powers have a mystical base to them and might well affect nearly anyone who isn't immune to both magic and heat/flame.

Using his flame powers, he can tunnel through rock, dirt, stone, most building materials, metals.

Resistant to magical powers, mental powers. Can be temporarily snuffed out by cutting off his oxygen. He can further be completely doused, but he will appear in the nearest fire, good as new.

At a danger of permanently using himself up, he can generate the heat of a star around himself.

Currently he is completely under the influence of Ras Al Ghul.

He was at one point a skilled auto mechanic. Under his normal mind, he has knowledge of the criminal underworld of southern California, specifically Hispanic gangs of south LA.

Bio:

The Kryptonian's take over of Earth his alarmed powerful supernatural creatures, old powerful creatures who have worked in secrecy to create for themselves an agent, who wishes nothing but vengeance against the Kryptonian and his many former superhero allies. These beings have not been, until now able to agree enough on anything to co-operate.

Jaime lived comfortably in a decent house in Los Angeles. About 18 months ago, the tyrannical Kryptonian arrived at the home of his family hunting allies of the Batman. In this case, said allies were one street over. It took less than a handful of minutes to destroy the home and kill everyone in it. Except for Jaime.

The beings of flame, sun and destruction chose Jaime to be their vehicle of vengeance. He woke up in the hospital recovering from crushed bones and 3rd degree burns over most of his body. His benefactors of course chose not to heal him, but to let the pain burn a need for vengeance into his soul.

His information and location was given to Ras Al Ghul by his benefactors, as they had become familiar with the man over the decades as someone who shared their desire for something of a re-boot for mankind. In their mind, a reboot that no longer had Superman, Wonder women, flash and their allies.

His benefactors had made him susceptible to the abilities of Al Ghul and now he will follow the other man's lead. This could change……

Reactions: Chris_Reaper
Just as a heads up, my next IC post will be a big brawl that's going to be breaking out between the Insurgents and the villains. So pick which villain you want your main character to be going up against. This will be first come, first serve, lol. Only exceptions will be Batman and Ra's, who won't be involved in the fight. With that said, the Lantern will be fighting the Parasite.

@Ur Degaton @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9
@Michale CS

Just as a heads up, my next IC post will be a big brawl that's going to be breaking out between the Insurgents and the villains. So pick which villain you want your main character to be going up against. This will be first come, first serve, lol. Only exceptions will be Batman and Ra's, who won't be involved in the fight. With that said, the Lantern will be fighting the Parasite.

@Ur Degaton @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9
@Michale CS
I call dibs on Grundy.

Oh, I wasn't saying he was a pushover. It was more me wondering how the fear gas is going to work into the fight. :)

Oh, I wasn't saying he was a pushover. It was more me wondering how the fear gas is going to work into the fight. :)

One other thing, during the fight you can rough him up as much as you like. Just don't kill the guy, I've got big plans for ole Professor Crane in the near future, lol.

One other thing, during the fight you can rough him up as much as you like. Just don't kill the guy, I've got big plans for ole Professor Crane in the near future, lol.

Gideon's support, he won't be doing much killing in the fight.

Orange Lantern Lobo 2.jpg
Alias: Lobo
Alignment: Neutral
Identity: Public
Marital Status: Single ( Ya hear that ladies? )
Occupation: Assassin, Bounty Hunter, Priest, Currently Orange Lantern
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 305 lbs
Eyes: Red
Hair: Black
Skin: Blue/White
Background: Lobo, whose name comes from a Khund dialect and means "one who devours your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it," is the last of his people for one reason: he killed them all. He hailed from the planet Czarnia which was a virtual paradise that knew nothing of war and the Czarnians were almost immortal. When Lobo was born, his evil was so frighteningly apparent, the nurse who delivered him went insane and became the planet's first mental patient in ten millennia after the infant Lobo chewed off four of her fingers. Lobo knew he was one of a kind, but he wanted even more. Inspired by the idea of genocide, Lobo created a swarm of lethal scorpion-like creatures, he set them on his people wiping out his entire species but himself. He claimed it was a science project and gave himself an 'A'.Since then he has traveled the galaxies collecting bounties. Despite his ruthless nature, Lobo has a strict code of honor when it comes to these agreements. Along the way he has met and battled a number of superheroes.

Powers and Abilities:

• Czarnian Physiology: It is said that Czarnians can only be truly killed by other Czarnians (though this does not matter to Lobo either way, as he cannot die by any means). Furthermore, Lobo has been banned from entering either Heaven or Hell. Lobo can survive unaided in the vacuum of space.
    • Superhuman Strength: His strength varies greatly from writer to writer. Lobo has shown strength sufficient enough to knock out Superman with his blows without too much apparent effort, but at times is barely able to pick up cars. At most times, Lobo is shown to be on par with Superman in terms of strength. He has even shown enough strength to destroy entire planets. More often than not, Lobo is able to effortlessly lift far in excess of 100 tons.
    • Superhuman Stamina: He possesses inexhaustible stamina and in most interpretations cannot tire.
    • Immortality: Lobo is functionally immortal and cannot die no matter what happens. He is immune to the effects of aging and disease and has been banned from entering either Heaven or Hell.
    • Invulnerability: He has at times shrugged off blows from the likes of Superman with no damage, taken planet-destroying attacks without so much as a scratch but at other occurrences has had his skin penetrated by bullets [44] and had only some resistance against most magic spells and attacks.
    • Superhuman Speed: Lobo possesses the ability to sharpen his awareness and increase his temporal flow, appearing to move faster than humanly possible. He can move at incredible speeds.
    • Self-Sustenance: Lobo does not need any food, water, air, or sleep and he can survive in the vacuum of space without any harm.
    • Regeneration: If Lobo does somehow sustain an injury, his accelerated healing enables him to regenerate damaged or destroyed tissue instantly, with little apparent pain. He will apparently heal from any injury. For instance, Lobo can regenerate out of a pool of his own blood, apparently recycling the cells instantly. The speed of regeneration has also varied throughout his appearances.
    • Bio-Fission: If Lobo spills even a drop of blood, that drop can become a completely new Lobo. This ability was later removed by Vril Dox but since then it appears to have been restored.
    • Thermal Immunity: According to Lobo's own words, he "ride through the cold of space and the heat of blazing suns". Once he withstood a flaming attack which killed dozens of Thunderers of Qward around him.
    • Orange Lantern Ring: He recently encountered Larfleeze, and after a pitched battle, Lobo bit off the Orange Lantern's finger and ate it, then flung him into a nearby star. Very recently, he took "A very important shit" and after dunking the ring in some especially strong alcohol, wears the ring and has access to its powers.
    • Orange Lantern Lobo 1.jpg
Abilities

• Genius Level Intellect: As unbelievable as it may seem, despite his violent and loutish nature, Lobo seems to have a genius-level intellect in matters of destruction and violence. He can create complex virulent agents and the necessary antidotes to them such as the one he let loose on Czarnia, resulting in the deaths of the entire population in the span of one week. He was also able to scavenge parts from a destroyed time hopper and attach them to his own bike, producing a working time machine.
  • Tracking: The tracking ability allows him to trace any prey across even the Universe.
  • Multilingualism: By his own account, Lobo can speak 17,897 different languages from across the galaxy
    • Morse Code: Lobo can communicate in Morse Code.
  • Expert Combatant: Lobo is a proficient hand-to-hand combatant, being able to hold his own against such accomplished fighters as Superman, Batman, Aquaman, and Etrigan.
  • Indomitable Will: According to Lobo's own words, a power ring is powered by willpower, and no one has more willpower than himself; He once used his own willpower in conjunction with his fabulous strength to break a force field created by G'nort
Weaknesses

• Uncontrollable Personality: Lobo loves to fight, loses patience easily, is very arrogant and does not get along in a group. At the time he was in the L.E.G.I.O.N., his comrades were often the target of his physical and verbal violence.
  • Always keep his promises, even if it means his death.

Marital Status: Single ( Ya hear that ladies? )

Looks at character roster which has only two woman, one being an emotionless demigoddess defense and the other being a crazy snake lady whose not over her ex. I don't think you're going to get much luck man.

@Chris_Reaper Hmmm.... Nathan doesn't have a reason to break up the fight and since Parasite never introduced him, he'll just chill by Batman.

@Michale CS , accepted. Looking forward to the zaniness Lobo can bring to the fight.

@LuckycoolHawk9, np about Nathan. Also, interesting description of Starria, lol. Though I would more describe her as an immature and spoiled woman child, whose emotionally broken because of her semi possession by a serpent god.

We might have someone for Siphon and Inferno to throw down with after all :applause:. Since it's been made clear that Inferno is a loyal devotee of Ra's, He could be ordered by the latter to attack Lobo, thinking him a threat. You and Michale CS can work out the fight between the characters. That leaves Siphon, I know he views Parasite as a mentor of sorts, but since Parasite is tied up at the moment with the Lantern and all these villains are pretty much following Ra's lead anyway, perhaps Ra's can command Siphon to attack Lobo as well. Don't know if your cool with that @LuckycoolHawk9 ? BTW if anybody is wondering, I pronounce Ra's as Raysh...like in Batman: The Animated Series, :drunk:.

@Gands @Michale CS

Siphon actually is going to observe if you don't mind. He's trying to get a measure of who he wants to "befriend" of all the characters.( Read befriend as measure who has the most interesting powers he wants to absorb and use as his own. Strong contenders are Lobo, Darrian and Inferno) @Chris_Reaper

Hey, a fight's a fight. It'll be fun no matter who he throws down with.

Just to clarify, you guys do have complete control over the NPC villains your currently fighting :bsmile:

Just to clarify, you guys do have complete control over the NPC villains your currently fighting :bsmile:

That would have been good to know before I wrote my posts, guess I'll edit Astral's,

What did you have in mind?

I'm so glad you asked. A vague threat on him, a quiet approach and then a hand by the back. Basically Nathan saying " I wouldn't do that, unless you want me to stop your heart with my electricity."