Justice League: Insurgency(OOC)

C

Chris_Reaper

Original poster
Injustice Pic.jpg

It is now one month into the conflict, and after killing the Joker, Superman has retreated to The Fortress Of Solitude. Metropolis lay in complete ruins and the Justice League is in disarray. After receiving several news reports about continued global war, Clark Kent has finally had enough. He calls a nationwide news conference and delivers the following message.

"I stand before you today and I deliver an ultimatum to the people of Earth. No longer will I stand by and let your petty wars continue. There has been far to much death as it is and it stops now! I call for every nation on the planet to give up it's armies and surrender all it's weapons. I will bring peace to this planet once and for all! The Earth's governments have exactly twenty four hours to comply. Make no mistake, this is an order, consider yourselves warned. It's over..."

And so begins the greatest civil war the Earth has ever seen...

Character Profile

Code Name:
Physical Appearance:
Special Abilities/Power(s):
Weapon(s):
Group Affiliation:
Bio:

Code Name: Green Lantern
Darrian Semer-Khan
Height:
6'2
Physical Appearance: 13335561_10201807261420912_8350274772187583172_n.jpg

Special Abilities/Power(s):
Has the ability to forge anything his imagination can think of using solid light constructs with his Power Ring and the force of his will power.

Weapon(s): green_lantern__s_light_by_jeremymallin-d4s4zku.jpg
Oan Power Ring

Group Affiliation:
Green Lantern Corps./Justice League/Batman's Insurgency

Bio:

Darrian Semer-Khan can be considered almost middle eastern royalty. He is the grandson of a wealthy Saudi Arabian Caliph. When he was only a few months old his family emigrated to Gotham City and forged a close partnership with Wayne Enterprises. His father, Akosh Semer-Khan, was appointed as a seat holder on the board of directors for one of Bruce Wayne's many companies. However as such, in his upbringing in the United States, Darrian grew more and more westernized as he aged. This clashed immensely with his family's more traditional way of dress and overall lifestyle. Darrian was educated in the best schools and generally lived a life privilege. Growing up he idolized Gotham's appointed protector, The Batman, as he saw much of his own brooding and darkly serious nature reflected within the Dark Knight. He greatly admired Batman's selfless war on crime and despite his dark nature, sought out to do the right thing.

While on leave from the Army, Darrian was back home in Gotham, having dinner with his two sisters, when the trio was ambushed on the street. A group of bigoted thugs had decided to enact a hate crime since Darrian's sisters were wearing hijabs, or the Muslim head scarfs, as was their tradition. Unbeknownst to them, at the exact same time far above the Earth's surface, one of the Green Lanterns from the Earth sector of 444, Guy Gardner, was engaged in his own battle against a contingent of Red Lanterns. Back in Gotham, Darrian valiantly tried to defend his siblings, but was quickly overpowered, as it was essentially five to one. In the battle above, Guy Gardner is killed by the Red Lanterns and his ring automatically flies off to seek a replacement. As the thugs are about to deal a fatal blow to Darrian, he looks up and notices the unmistakable shadow of The Bat, about to decend. However at that very same moment, the power ring zeros in on Darrian and chooses him as a replacement.

"Darrian Semer-Khan of Earth, you have shown the ability to overcome great fear! Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps!"

and at that, Darrian transforms into Earth's newest Green Lantern! After he and Batman, make short work of the thugs that attacked him, the Bat introduces Darrian to the rest of the Justice League and after he continues his training on Oa to become a full fledged member of the Corps.

Darrian's Green Lantern uniform is not your traditional Lantern fare, as his ensemble is heavily influenced by Batman's dark motif. His outfit consists of all black military style fatigues, combat boots and body armor, with just the inside of his jacket, his vambraces and the Green Lantern symbol on his chest, glowing bright green. He also wears no mask as a nod to one his mentors, John Stewart, the Green Lantern that trained him.

Code Name: Eon
Height: 5'11
Race: Human/Caucasian

Special Abilities/Powers: While not having any powers, his suit provides him with a degree of superhuman strength and speed. his superhuman intellect also more than makes up for his lack of meta-human abilities; therefore allowing him to build and construct any type of technology he requires. His main skills are a combination of combat efficiency, weapon handling, and engineering. His technology is mainly time based, which also translates into his weaponry. He cannot control time as that is broken and overpowered, but his weaponry often has effects related to time, whether it be a blast of energy that ages enemies into dust, or a bomb that traps an opponent in a small bubble of frozen time
Weapons: Varies depending on situation and circumstances. but the one thing he always has on him is his power suit, which comes equipped with built in weaponry such as blasters and explosives, as well as providing him with a degree of superhuman strength and speed.

Group Affiliation: Batman's Insurgency

Bio: Although his personal background is unimportant, what is important to know is that Solomon was a super hero from a timeline parallel to the main DC continuity. What made his timeline different from the main one was its lack of meta-humans. Instead, his world's heroes and villains were composed of highly intelligent individuals who used their vast intellects to save and or try to destroy the world. Unfortunately his timeline was destroyed after being conquered by his reality's Darkseid. In a last ditch effort to save himself, Solomon opened a wormhole into the the timestream and threw himself in where he drifted from reality to reality until he found himself on Earth One. Shortly after, he was recruited into Batman's Insurgency to fight against the tyrannical Kryptonian known as Superman. After finding out about the terrible misdeeds of the former hero, Solomon vowed to save this new reality so it does not suffer the same fate as his own.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris_Reaper
@Chris_Reaper I am interested in joining- but I do want to know something. Are we drawing from the pool of Dc's canon characters or creating OCs who are within the DC universe?

Could you elaborate what you mean by both? I'm going to use Billy Batson/Shazam as an example. Are we creating original champions who act as stand-ins or would it be fine to do Billy Batson ( obviously altered to fit within the universe)? That's more so my question.

Could you elaborate what you mean by both? I'm going to use Billy Batson/Shazam as an example. Are we creating original champions who act as stand-ins or would it be fine to do Billy Batson ( obviously altered to fit within the universe)? That's more so my question.

Yea both dude...you can create original characters or you can totally use Billy Batson/Shazam if you so wish. I kinda used both myself. I used an established character like Green Lantern, however I created an entirely new character to be said Green Lantern.

Yea both dude...you can create original characters or you can totally use Billy Batson/Shazam if you so wish. I kinda used both myself. I used an established character like Green Lantern, however I created an entirely new character to be said Green Lantern.

Cool, I'm going to debate who I am going to use- should have my sheet up soonish.

Reactions: Chris_Reaper
I completely forgot to get my sheet up. Will do it tonight.

Code Name: Astral
Height: 5'10
Physical Appearance:
Gideon stands at a modest 5'10 and has a lanky and wiry build compared to most. He prefers to wear ease to maneuver clothing that can act as both street clothes and pjs that typically consist of t-shirts and jeans, occasionally sweatpants and always some form of footwear, mostly slippers and flip-flops that are there.He has blue eyes and brown hair that He has a full brown beard and also has a scar on his right hand that is in a triangular shape.

photo.jpg

Special Abilities/Power(s): Astral Projection- Gideon has the ability to project himself. In this form, he can interact with the environment, however he is made of pure light. ( Can't go more than five city blocks without glitching)

Light Manipulation- He can manipulate light in his astral form to make weaponry to fight. However, doing this is extremely dangerous and must know the weapon precisely before it can be made. If he does not, he runs the risk of exhausting his energy. He also can manipulate light into his body to turn into his astral form while he is awake, though this is often only temporary.

Photographic memory

Weapon(s): N/A

Group Affiliation: Batman's Insurgency

Bio: Gideon Star was born to two normal parents. His father was a police officer and his mother was a nurse. He was in a car accident when he was eighteen years old and was in a very long " Coma". Well, it wasn't actually a coma. His powers activated at the time and due to the heightened trauma, he could see and hear everything, but couldn't react to anything that was happening around him. That was true for a whole year of his life.

He finally managed to gain control of his powers on his nineteenth birthday, but after that point, he hadn't realized he was a meta chalking it up to a weird dream. He continued on with his normal life for another four years of his life. One night, he went out to a party with his friends.

He was exhausted and fell asleep on the bed of the party. He however woke up back at the party in the living room, assuming that one of his friends had moved him there. Gideon went home with the guys, but at about three blocks, he glitched out and freaked his friends out and the car rammed into a tree. Gideon woke up with a start at the party with a broken arm and was rushed to the hospital, but nobody could find an explanation, but he knew why. He recruited himself to the insurgency, knowing that nobody should make such demands.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ur Degaton
Alright.. I have interest. I have a concept.. I will try to put it up tonight.

Alexandra Kalomoira AKA KERES

5'10" Muscular build

Special abilities

Super strength

Super durability and enhanced healing

Super agility and reflexes

Enhanced mental toughness

As a daughter of Hades, she has the ability to travel to her father's realm and send others there depending on who and what they are. She can speak to the dead and often has long discussions or has been taught by spirits sent by her father. In an emergency and as part of her quest to protect humanity, she can call spirits to battle.

Gear

Armor crafted by Hephaestus in black and purple made with tiny metal scales. ( tough )

Winged Sandals ( Flight, but she hasn't mastered these yet, so isn't quite lightning fast)

Helm of Hades (Invisibility, but in her case only to enhanced beings )

Shield of Achilles (Tough)

Sword of Peleus ( Adamantium ... sharp )

Bow of Odysseus ( a legendary heavy pull re-curve style bow with Modern Arrows. )

Figurine of a black Stallion, one of her father's horses. Think something like a nightmare…Possibly, nightmare at night, and regular horse during the day.

Group affiliation * Batman's insurgency *

Bio: Many years back the elder Greek gods received a prophecy of a time of great strife. A need for a second child of the elders to be sent to Earth. The daughter of Hades was chosen for this task. She was made child again and raised by Helen and Spiro Kalomoira. The couple owned and ran a mortuary & cemetery in Southern California. The couple raised the girl child as their own. They home schooled her with the aid of those spirits sent by Hades to help. Much of this training as she started to come of age was for training to fight and logic. Her training continued from the age of eight till eighteen without stop. Then she was sent to college, USC in this case. Her degree in ancient history and archaeology. She received the maturation of her body into a more divine status at the age of 22. The gifts of legendary items granted for her quest by those spirits who originally wielded them. She can summon her gear mentally.

Skilled in fighting with and without (Pankraton) her ancient weapons. A skilled researcher. Speaks Ancient Greek, modern Greek, English, Ancient Egyptian, Latin

Likes Mediterranean food, grilled meats, hard alcohol, spices *hot* Music and dance

Dislikes sweets, television

Owns a store that sells ancient coins. Seems somewhat wealthy( her father being a god of wealth among other things)

She has been brought into the world in order to fight in this conflict

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ur Degaton
Alexandra Kalomoira Macea AKA Huntress

View attachment 181544

5'10" Muscular build

Special abilities

Super strength

Super durability and enhanced healing

Super agility and reflexes

Enhanced mental toughness

As a daughter of Hades, she has the ability to travel to her father's realm and send others there depending on who and what they are. She can speak to the dead and often has long discussions or has been taught by spirits sent by her father. In an emergency and as part of her quest to protect humanity, she can call spirits to battle.

Gear

Armor crafted by Hephaestus in black and purple made with tiny metal scales. ( tough )

Winged Sandals ( Flight, but she hasn't mastered these yet, so isn't quite lightning fast)

Helm of Hades (Invisibility, but in her case only to enhanced beings )

Shield of Achilles (Tough)

Sword of Peleus ( Adamantium ... sharp )

Bow of Odysseus ( a legendary heavy pull re-curve style bow with Modern Arrows. )

Figurine of a black Stallion, one of her father's horses. Think something like a nightmare…Possibly, nightmare at night, and regular horse during the day.

Group affiliation * Batman's insurgency *

Bio: Many years back the elder Greek gods received a prophecy of a time of great strife. A need for a second child of the elders to be sent to Earth. The daughter of Hades was chosen for this task. She was made child again and raised by Helen and Spiro Kalomoira. The couple owned and ran a mortuary & cemetery in Southern California. The couple raised the girl child as their own. They home schooled her with the aid of those spirits sent by Hades to help. Much of this training as she started to come of age was for training to fight and logic. Her training continued from the age of eight till eighteen without stop. Then she was sent to college, USC in this case. Her degree in ancient history and archaeology. She received the maturation of her body into a more divine status at the age of 22. The gifts of legendary items granted for her quest by those spirits who originally wielded them. She can summon her gear mentally.

Skilled in fighting with and without (Pankraton) her ancient weapons. A skilled researcher. Speaks Ancient Greek, modern Greek, English, Ancient Egyptian, Latin

Likes Mediterranean food, grilled meats, hard alcohol, spices *hot* Music and dance

Dislikes sweets, television

Owns a store that sells ancient coins. Seems very wealthy( her father being a god of wealth)

She has been brought into the world in order to fight in this conflict

Let me know what you think.

The character is generally acceptable, however I do have a few nitpicks. Forgive me as I am a huge comic nerd, but the name Huntress is already a well established name in the Bat family. Secondly, adamantium doesn't really exist in the DC universe, that's a Marvel thing. One last thing is that you mentioned that Hades is a god of wealth, now it's a well known fact that Hades is god of the underworld. Now Greek gods have been known to wear more than one hat, now he may be the god of wealth as well as the underworld, so that I'm not to sure about.

Name is adjustable, not a problem there. What the gear is made of I dont suppose is important. That Hephaestus made the gear is the important part. That Hades is also a god of wealth is true based on what I've read. However, I am not looking for Wayne or Stark wealthy here.