Justice League: Insurgency (IC)

After Batman finished his dressing down of the Lantern and while he was still reeling from the realization that Ra's had kidnapped someone important to the Regime, Lobo followed him.

"It absofragginlutely lines up with his character , Bats. You think I got sent all by my lonesome? You think there aren't spies all over the fraggin place sending info back to tall, dark, and brooding? And if Darkseid is interested in this planet again, probably brother dearest is too. Come on man, Darkseid doesn't run a single game at once, any more than you do. But I don't care about that. All I care is I get to get into really good fights and get paid ta do it." That was the thing about Lobo, his attitude and manner of speech normally made him look unintelligent, when in truth he's anything but.

"So, I'm guessing the old man did something else stupid, on top of trying to kill yours truly. Who's this guy and why does it look like having him here is a kick in the balls with Kryptonite-tipped shoes to old Supes?"

Reactions: Chris_Reaper
Astral

" Excuse me naviety in asking, but how does this man help in bargaining with Superman? The last name sounds familiar, but the only person I know of is the reporter who disappeared a long time ago- about- Oh, I'm an idiot....."
Gideon replied, coming to a slow and sudden realization about the fact that they had kidnapped this man and Superman identity. He paused before he asked the next obvious question. " How bad is this going to look on us?"

Reactions: Ur Degaton
Nathan Stone

" From the looks of the kidnapped man and the fact that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure things out, it looks like he kidnapped someone who is important to Superman. Perhaps a father figure or a man who raised him. Honestly, I am not sure if it was a wise idea, but I will have to admit it. It takes a lot of guts to kidnap a man who means this much to Superman and who we can use to negoitate. What's that old phrase, " Desperate time for desperate measures?"
Though he didn't say it a loud, the thought of killing Johnathan Kent to make Superman experience the same pain that he had when he had murdered his father figure did certainly entice him. He would do it with the sword if he found the opprtunity or better yet, electrocuting him to death.

Eon went into deep thought on the matter. There were so many ways they can use Mr. Kent. After all, attacking the "Heart" of Superman was surely a way to injure the man of steel. But it could also just encourage his search of the group further.

"Bringing him here has just put our entire operation in jeapordy," Eon said, pointing an accusatory finger at Ra's

Last edited:
After a few moments of awkward silence, Vandal Savage chimes in "Brilliant stratagem Ra's" he says with an evil grin.

"Brilliant my Saudi Arabian ass!" says Darrian as he marches up to Ra's "Just to clarify for me here...you somehow thought it was a good idea to kidnap the adoptive father of one of the most powerful beings in the known galaxy, knowing that this crazed, fear powered son of a bitch would tear up heaven and Earth looking for him!!!"
he goes back over to Vandal "But yea Savage, brilliant freakin strategy right!!!"

"Not to mention that I won't be complainant in bargaining with the life of an innocent. You can't hold Kent responsible for what Clark is doing. I didn't sign up for this Ra's." says Batman.

Ra's chuckles slightly "Gentlemen, you are woefully missing the larger picture. To address the Lantern's concerns first. The Kyrptonian will not be tearing apart Heaven and Earth looking for Mr. Kent, as you so elegantly put it. Simply because he doesn't yet know he's missing. To put it in the parlance of the times, me and my men have managed to pull the old switcheroo."

"Most clever indeed. However the question begs to be asked, who could you possibly have gotten to replace Kent, and so convincingly enough to fool not only the Kyrptonian, but Mrs. Kent as well?" asks Scarecrow inquisitively.

"Clayface..." says Batman as he slowly brings his gaze towards Ra's.

Ra's grins with sinister glee in his eyes "Detective you never cease to amaze me with your astuteness. However you are quite correct, the good Mr. Hagen is, as we speak, carrying out the performance of a lifetime on my behalf."

Batman purposefully walks closer to the mastermind eco terrorist "I don't tinker with the lives of innocent men."

"Desperate times call for equally desperate measures, isn't that how the saying goes Detective? The ends will justify the means."

"Not in my world..." says Batman, the intensity in his voice rising.

"Think it about it Detective, this may be the last chance we have at toppling this Regime. This is certainly no time to get squeamish or indecisive. Think about all you've fought for thus far."

"I am, that's why I'm only going to say this once. Let him go...now." says Batman.

Darrian stands right at Batman's shoulder and points his ring, which now glows bright green, directly at Ra's "You heard the man..."

• Spicy
"Whoever that fraggin Clayface is, he's as good as dead. Once Supes gets a real good look at him, he's gonna see through that disguise. Fraggin Supes can see atoms if he wants to." Lobo laughed.

"Then it's a matter of time before he tracks down where the switch happened, and then... boom he's here." He pat at his construct clothing and sighed, then whistled, and his bike returned.

"I better be properly dressed when Old Blue Boy gets here all pissed off." He pulled some leather pants and a jacket from a compartment in the bike, as well as another cigar, which he lit by putting it close to Inferno. "Much better. You know, for the mastermind types you sure don't think things through much." Lobo gestured at Ra's and Savage. "Not that I mind, makes my job easier. Call the dude to me I'm supposed to off. And when people are pissed off they make mistakes. Probably be pretty hard on most of the rest of you, even fire-dude. One blast of freeze breath and he'll put you out."

Keres

She walks slowly up to the restrained elder Kent.

"In some ways, I think Lobo is right. This will lead the Kryptonian here. That alone will endanger Mister Kent. There is no telling what the Kryptonian will do if he sees Mister Kent here. I also agree with Batman, of course. As much strategic sense as this might make in normal circumstances, it is simply too dangerous. I can remove Mister Kent from here. He will go to my Father's realm for now until the time to return him is right. "

She looks over at Batman for the moment, looking for some signal.

" If he remains here and the Kryptonian arrives, the already unhinged alien, might become even more chaotic, dangerous than he already is. Of course, this might be exactly what Ras is looking for. "

She shrugs, giving observers the idea that outside of it being dangerous to Kent, she will go along with Batman's opinion either way.

"Perhaps it might be a good idea, with no offense to our... allies … to make sure this is who he is claimed to be. Hagen is not the only being capable of shape shifting or disguise "

Last edited by a moderator:
Inferno

The plasma shape looks at Lobo. When he replies it is with his human voice.

" If I am put out Lobo, I simply re-appear. I don't get to leave so easily. While Superman is likely immune to most.. of my effects, those that come with him may not be. "

His voice seems weary now. Not necessarily with regret, but perhaps a tinge of sorrow and mental fatigue.

It is about that time that Green Lantern is threatening Ras. He seems to take a long sigh and walk behind the two heroes. He doesn't say anything, simply standing there. The fact that an attack might in fact harm Ras doesn't seem to bother him either, for the moment.

Eon looked to Lobo and somehow cracked his own knuckles despite wearing gauntlets."Many have tried to take my life, none have succeeded, this Kryptonian swine will fare no better against me than my other enemies. A mentally damaged pychopath such as him should be easily to manipulate through psychological means. After all, a fractured psyche is an easy one to take advantage of," He coldly proclaimed, expressing his utter disdain for the former hero.

Eon looked to Batman."when the time is right, I will end him, regardless of his history with you. The last time I spared a tyrant, I lost my world, I will never let that happen again."

Reactions: Gands
Astral

" If I may be so inclined to say, perhaps it would be beneficial to check everyone in the room, there's no telling who can be compromised. Perhaps we should make sure everyone is who they appear to be. Some powers are easier to copy than others, but I am sure there are people who can imitate people."
He did agree with Keres on that. He wasn't sure how he felt about thus whole kidnapping.

Nathan Stone

" Ideally, we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place, but someone had to have a villain who like to make grand shows in killing people. Regardless, are you sure that it is smart to release him at this point? Not only are we in Antartica, a cold climate not exactly suitable for old men, but he also has the face of everyone here. What exactly is stopping him from his son about the men who kidnapped him and where they are hiding? Bringing him here may have not been the wisest decision, but even you, dear Batman, should recgonize how bad of an idea it is to release back into the matter. I don't trust anyone here..... expect for my master.

Reactions: Gands
"Perhaps it might be a good idea, with no offense to our... allies … to make sure this is who he is claimed to be. Hagen is not the only being capable of shape shifting or disguise "

Savage chuckles slightly as he casually walks over to where Keres is standing by the elder Kent "Well it seems that the Lantern isn't the only one dealing in over wrought paranoia, now is he? This pointless back and forth is costing us valuable time. The orange ring bounty hunter is right, as good as he is, Clayface's deception can't last indefinitely. We have our bargaining chip in the old man and the this bunker is safe from discovery for a time. We need to get started on our production of the strength enhancing pills as well as procure of viable source of Kryptonite."

"Good luck with that, the last known quantity of Kryptonite was used up by Black Canary in the war with the Sinestro Corps...and we all know where that led. Canary is dead and that goddamned Kryptonian butcher procured a Yellow Power Ring." says Darrain as he looks back at Savage.

"Not to mention that we've no way to produce the strength pills even if we did still have the formula...which we don't. Not after Superman decimated the Batcave and hard wiped all of my cyber space servers. The last person that had that formula is Luthor and he's dead." says Batman.

"Ahh but how quickly you forget that the Demon's Head always has a contingency plan. Isn't that right Professor Crane? As you well know Detective, The Scarecrow is a one of the top chemical bio engineers on the planet as well as having a keen photographic memory." says Ra's.

"When the Joker stole a portion of my fear toxin to carry out his plan to kill Lois Lane, I had been working closely with Luthor in the chemical R&D Dept at Lexcorp. When the Kryptonian first instituted his Regime, Luthor confided in me to develop a special formula to grant Superman's strength to any living being via an ingest able pill. I managed to escape the chaos of the Yellow Lantern invasion of Earth." says Scarecrow.

"At which time he found me. So you see Detective, I still have a sizable portion of the cards so to speak. We can overthrow the Kryptonian, you simply have to trust me." says Ra's.

"When the time is right, I will end him, regardless of his history with you. The last time I spared a tyrant, I lost my world, I will never let that happen again."

"No you won't Eon...or else you end up just like him. Or worse yet, just like Ra's...isn't that right? I was a fool to trust you." says Batman as he stares down Ra's.

Meanwhile a little further away, Parasite is aided by his protege, Nathan Stone " Ideally, we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place, but someone had to have a villain who like to make grand shows in killing people. Regardless, are you sure that it is smart to release him at this point? Not only are we in Antarctica, a cold climate not exactly suitable for old men, but he also has the face of everyone here. What exactly is stopping him from his son about the men who kidnapped him and where they are hiding? Bringing him here may have not been the wisest decision, but even you, dear Batman, should recognize how bad of an idea it is to release back into the matter. I don't trust anyone here..... expect for my master."

"Just relax kid, I appreciate the help but don't come at me with all this master bullshit. I don't look like The Emperor so don't be goin all Anakin Skywalker on me. Plus you still need a hell of a lot more training in the use of your powers. But anyway, like Savage said, what are we all standin around for? Ole mush face can't keep up his con game forever, so if we're gonna do sumthin, we best do it in a hurry!" says Parasite.

"Than that's just what we're gonna do. Keres, cut Kent free. We gonna take him with us. Lantern, if you'd be so kind as to secure The Scarecrow, he's coming with us too. Eon, we'll need the GPS tracking micro circuits in your suit!" yells Batman.

Vandal walks directly up to Batman "Just what the hell do you think your doing!?"

"What's it look like Savage..." Batman than turns back to Ra's "We're leaving."

Darrian turns his attention to The Scarecrow "We can make this easy or we can make this hard." he says as primes his ring.

"I had hoped to avoid this Detective, however you leave me with no choice. You see while I was procuring the good Mr. Kent...there was another little artifact I manage to obtain. Professor Crane, if you would do the honors." says Ra's as he flicks a small metallic object to the Scarecrow.

Scarecrow holds his hand out and within a split second, a Yellow Power Ring attaches itself to his finger and transforms him into a fearsome Yellow Lantern. Before anyone can react, The new Sinestro Corps. Scarecrow blasts a bolt of yellow energy directly at Darrian knocking him several feet back. Scarecrow that levitates off the ground emitting a signature yellow energy aura.

"In blackest day, in brightest night...beware your fears made into light! Let those who try to stop what's right, burn in the power of my fear monger's might!"

Ra's smiles at Batman "Remember what I said Detective. Always the contingent." he says as the enitre League Of Assassins surrounds the Insurgents with guns drawn.

"All right! I get to pound a bunch of assholes after all! Let's start with a warm up." At this point Lobo creates a giant paddle with his ring and swats Inferno directly toward some of the grunts of the League, knowing this wouldn't hurt Inferno at all. In fact, did he wink at him as he did it? Maybe.

After that, he transformed the paddle into his signature chain and started flailing away at the Yellow Lantern. "Guess what? I ain't afraid of anything, least of all a dumbass like you. Greenie, you work on the others, this asshole is mine"

Last edited:
Astral

" Wow, betrayal. This is completely and totally out of left field. I for sure didn't think it would happen,"
he sarcastically replied with an eye roll. Why was even this reformed world that the villains made the exact same moves as in the past. Every single time someone asked them for help as a hero, they would stab them in the back. He seriously wanted to know if there was like a supervillain code that backstabbing was a requirement for them. He took a deep breath and stayed calmed, summoning a sword made of light and swung it at the nearest League assassin. He wasn't about to just disappear.

Nathan Stone

" Well it is great to know that you appreciate the help. To be fair, there may have been of sarcasm in there, I have no plan on going Anakin Skywalker, never been much of a fan of the good guys,"
he replied, knowing that he has full intentions to go Darth Vader and stab in the back when he thought he was powerful enough, but that wouldn't be for a while. " Thank you for noting that I'm not even close to accomplishing full control, I was a little late in the power game, didn't realize I had any until less than two years ago,' he replied, looking over at what was going down. " So which side are we on? Don't want to hit the wrong person, I'm going to assume whoever has the old man, but do correct me if I am wrong," he said, not making any moves. Astral was fascinating to him, an entire sword made of light..... that interested the other meta.

Keres

Elder Kent could just barely make out Keres Muttering something in Greek.

" Achilles, I summon you. Bring forth you Myrmidons"

Up from beneath the surface of the earth, rose phantom warriors> Fearless wraiths whose only goal is to remove the league of assassins from this earth.

As her distraction appears, Keres takes advantage. She touches elder Kent.
When she does so, saying a single ancient name and she disappears along with Kent.

Deep in the dimension of Tartarus she appears along with Mister Kent. There is a chaotic banging nearby. The ceiling seems to be made of the night sky, only closer, the stars moving about at a much faster rate. Kent falls asleep, Keres putting him gently into a bed. Nearby there is a sleeping giant, mumbling in his sleep. On the far end of the room, noble Atlas supporting the heavens.

( Ancient Greek ) "I beseech the mother guard this man, innocent and in danger."

Inferno
Inferno meanwhile was rather minding his own business when he was swatted by a giant paddle of energy. He went flying into a wall, roasting some poor League guy, who simply whimpers and falls over now severely burned. It takes a moment for Inferno to pull himself together. Another moment for the hive mind that is usually in charge to come to any kind of decision.

" They quarrel "
" I do not like the one we chose, Ras "
" He is aligned with our goal "
"Perhaps we should rethink our goal ?"
" We will remove his ability to command our tool"
" Good, let us wait and see for a moment"
" I like the alien Lobo, his goal indeed is ours "
"Death to the Kryptonian"

"What does the Greek do ? Eek ... She seeks a Primordial"

Now Those foolish enough to stand close enough to hear Inferno, can her him talking in at least 5 different voices, with 5 different languages, none of which are spoken today . At the end of their brief conversation they seem to shiver or... Inferno seems to shiver. Meanwhile he does very little. He watches Lobo and Yellow Crane start to battle. He almost randomly roasts first one of the phantoms, then a league guy. Both seem to simply disintegrate into embers.

Goddamn criminal masterminds, Eon thought to himself as he immediately threw his flashbang device in the middle of the room ."Insurgents! Cover your eyes!" As soon as the explosive detonated a blinding light attacked the eyes of anyone unfortunate enough to be looking in its direction. He hoped that it would be enough to stun the assassins that surrounded them

Eon began firing his gauntlet lasers at Ra's faithful goons. Intent on maiming or even vaporizing the trained ninja-like soldiers. He hoped that none of them began spraying blindly all over the place like a bad guy in an nineteen eighties action movie as while he was safe from their bullets via his power suit, he couldn't say the same for his allies. Especially Batman...

Last edited:
Darrian crashed into one of the far walls and landed just feet away from the elder Kent as a result of the Scarecrow's attack which jolted the elderly man who still wore the bag over his head "My apologies for all this Mr. Kent. I promise we'll get you outta here."

"What's going on, where even am I? Where's Clark and Martha?" says Johnathan, in a groggy disoriented state, it was clear that Ra's men had drugged him pretty heavily at the time of kidnapping him.

"Just keep your head down Jon." says Darrian as he observes the bunker once again devolve into chaos. Lobo and some of the others had begun attacking the League Of Assassins as stray bullets flew every which way. Fearing the old man might be hit, Darrian shields him with a green energy bubble when he notices Keres not to far away. "Keres...listen we gotta get the old man outta here, before one of Ra's goons nails him by accident. Can you work up some hocus pocus, throw em' into some kinda pocket dimension or whatever you demigod people do?"

The demigoddess quickly makes her way over to the scene and wills the elder Kent away and making him disappear. Darrian nods slightly "Thanks..." as he runs over into the fray and constructs a green energy bubble around himself, which deflects any gunfire away from his person. It's at this moment he hears...

"Insurgents! Cover your eyes!"

A loud flashbang grenade with apparent stun force technology explodes overhead, thrown by Eon which honestly only causes more chaos. The onslaught does little to penetrate Darrian's energy bubble but incapacitates several of the League Assassins as well as knock both Batman and Ra's several feet back. As soon as the grenade had subsided, Darrian runs over to a fallen Batman.

"It ain't checkout time yet Bats, c'mon stay with me here!"

Batman comes to shortly thereafter "Don't worry about me, but somebody has to stop Lobo! If he keeps going at this rate, he's gonna bring the whole place down!"

Darrian looks over and indeed notices Lobo as he whales on both the League Of Assassins and the Scarecrow. As he lets his orange energy constructs run wild, he is causing significant damage to the support beams and roof of the bunker, threatening to bring the entire complex crashing down "I'm on it...".

Darrain fires off a rope like green energy construct and loops it around the Scarecrow, who is heavily engaged in a heated battle with Lobo. The Green Lantern than yanks the villain back with such force that the Yellow Lantern goes smashing back first into a far wall of the bunker near Ra's "Sit down ya straw faced fuck!" He than yells out to Lobo over the deafening gunfire "Lobo you moron, knock it off before you bring the whole damn bunker down on top of us!" the Lantern than clenches his fist and thinks silently to himself "How the hell did this jackass get a hold of Larfleez's ring anyhow?"

Meanwhile Ra's gets to his feet and begins to run towards where Scarecrow had fallen. Batman takes quick notice of this and dispatches a tethered Batarang which wraps around the eco terrorist's legs, causing him to trip with a hard thud onto the ground "Not so fast Ra's!"

Scarecrow recovers from Darrian's attack and dusts himself off. He fires off a bolt of yellow energy which strikes Batman and sends the hero flying back.

"Quickly Professor, we must gather up Vandal and any of our other more useful cohorts and reconvene in other parts. This has not exactly gone according to plan." says Ra's.

Scarecrow looks down at Ra's and stares menacingly through his frightful mask. He savagely kicks the self appointed Demon's Head in the midsection causing the older man to recoil in pain "Sorry Ra's, but there's been a change in plans."

Ra's looks up with a mix of shock, confusion and anger...

Scarecrow hovers ominously above the ground and speaks into a hidden earpiece concealed by his fright mask "Did you copy all that Superman?"

"Loud and clear Professor Crane..." a voice chimes back from the earpiece.

A few seconds later the front blast doors of the bunker explode inward. The commotion momentarily ceases the fighting as everyone looks back. Standing at the entrance of the bunker stands Superman, his eyes glowing fiery red. The aura of his Yellow Power ring surrounding him, sharply contrasting with the redness of his laser vision and creating a frightening and eerie silhouette. The tyrant Man Of Steel is flanked by Sinestro, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan and Starria Cortez. Scarecrow floats over and joins Superman's side. All is silent for a moment.

"Hello Bruce...rather interesting company your keeping these days." says Superman calmly as he looks around at the odd assortment of Insurgents and Villains.

Darrian's eyes widen slightly as he intakes a sharp breath "Well there goes the goddamn neighborhood."

• Spicy
INFERNO

Even as control of the plasma form is removed from Ras Al Ghul, Crane attacks Ras and reveals himself to be a traitor.

Before the gloating Dr. Crane can reach the Kryptonians side, a powerful blast of plasma is thrown his way.

( with several creepy voices as one )
" How about a little fire Scarecrow?"