Just Survive (Zombie Sandbox RP) (OOC)

D

Demmy

Original poster
IC: OPEN SIGNUPS Just Survive (Zombie Sandbox RP) (IC)
Interest Check: INTEREST CHECK - SEEKING INVITES Group Zombie Interest Check

Hi. This is a zombie survival RP. There's no plot, your job is just to survive the hoards with your character(s). This RP in particular is set in some non existant town somewhere in the world years after the plague began. There is little technology beyond the occasional gun and hand held torches. Perhaps you might find a generator. But keep in mind, zombies are attracted to loud noises and the smell of fresh blood.

Rules:
Don't be a dick.
Your character isn't touched by God. They're not good at everything.
I don't care about post length. Write whatever the fuck you want.

Zombies are undead people and animals who had once been infected by an unknown virus. As the recently deceased rose from their sleep it was discovered that the virus didn't actually kill the people but rather turned them into braindead zombies who were capable of extreme regeneration, allowing them to love forever if their brain remain intact. Here are some types of zombies you might encounter.

Walkers are your typical zombie. They are the most common and will stumble after you if you have been spotted. They may be slow but are deadly silent, able to sneak up on the unsuspecting.

Runners look just like Walkers but will sprint at you when spotted. This makes for a terrifying sight and often leads to the death of those who are inexperienced.

Climbers once again look just like Wakkers but are capable of scaling difficult terrain, often faster than a normal human.

Animals often act just as they would have in life. Except they can't be trained, tamed and can find you oh so much easier than a once human zombie.

Vomiters. You guessed it. These special zombies may be rare but once they've spotted you they can vomit out acidic spit that causes erosion to any surface it touches.

Screamers are easiest to kill but any one that spots you will tear out a scream notfying any other nearby zombies of your presence. Keep your eye out for them.

Fighters are the hardest to kill. They made up of military people and armoured 'end of the world' fanatics who succmumed to the virus whilst still wearing armour. You will often find that some of these may also be Runners.

Character sheet:

Name:
Bio:
Skills:

images

Name: Terri Cald
Bio: Outgoing and optimistic. He is a good learner but prefers to learn through doing. After being backed into amcorner he was rescued by Wesley. When he saw how poorly she was at making shelter and food he decided to stay with her. Even if she didn't want him to.
Skills: Pistols, cooking, carpentry, bow and arrows.

Name: Wesley Reeter
Bio: Bit of a loner, but not mean. She will be happy to help a person in need but will not be a hero if it means her death. Has spent most of her life alone until she came across Terri, who would not leave her alone.
Skills: Rifles, stealth, scavenging, crossbow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ur Degaton
Trying to figure out what I should do with my character...so far I know nothing about them XD

I often find that when I'm stuck like this, finding an image first and making a character based on it can be helpful.

@Ur Degaton @Mr.Scales ⚖

Just pinging you two to make sure you were aware if you didn't know the OOC/Character sheet thread is up.

Reactions: Ur Degaton
Do you have any preferences for the pictures? Such as semi-realistic, anime, things like that.

ff51355a8084cee58b65a9296bbf70ef.jpg

Name: Brianna Winters

Bio/Past: Brianna's parents taught her from a young age that it was every man for himself and no matter what, don't look back. That advice alone is what got them killed, trying to protect their own daughter. She had made it out because her parents came back and gave her enough leeway to escape. She had barely made it out with a few scrapes while her parents had been mauled alive by both zombies and animals alike. Within a few months after, she was almost skin and bones. Her parents had done a lot of scavenging and hunting for her, only allowing her to help out a few times a year. That gave her a little experience, but she didn't understand that you had to be quiet and patient to get what you wanted. Her previous 'home' had been raided by humans one night when she had been out trying to find some food, so when she got back and saw everything in even more shambles than how she'd left them, she cried. Cried for her parents, her lost home, and how she had become. Brianna didn't do anything for days, staying inside the little home, hoping that she'd die.

On her fifth day of starvation, a rather large group of people had walked straight into her home and found her. They had been looting the neighborhood in hopes of finding supplies, only to find her. She couldn't remember much from that day, but she remembered that someone had picked her up before she passed out from exhaustion and the lack of food in her system. When she awoke, she was somewhere new. A quarantine zone, they called it. Only a handful of people lived there, most being very skilled and sharp-minded. They fed her and taught her most of the things she knows today.

For the next five years, she grew to love them as her family. She was getting older, and there were more mouths to feed. The group elders began talking, discussing how to handle things. They realized that Brianna was old enough and had enough skills to survive on her own, so they tried kicking her out. Needless to say, she felt hurt and although she understood their reasoning, she thought they would have found another way. Brianna tried to refuse, but once they put a gun on her, she knew they were serious. Leaving was the hardest thing she had to do, but she packed up what little she had and never looked back.

She knew they could have found another way, have more scouts, or something similar. Instead, they made her leave. Brianna's anguish quickly turned into hatred and she couldn't fathom ever going back. She realized that no matter how long your with someone, and how much you loved them, they would still betray you.

Brianna began to do what they did, leaving others in the dust once they trusted her and never looked back. They were all pawns to her, and she was going to use them to her advantage.

Personality: She's independent, thick headed, and not very loyal (Rather short, I know. I want to have more creative abilities in the actual RP instead of something set in stone).

Skills:
•Her parents taught her how to use a sword before they passed so she has an advantage with up-close combat. Not only that, but the group she had been living with continued to help her skill grow.
•She's a decent scavenger, but that does not mean that she's quick. It takes time, no matter what it is that she's looking for.
•Despite not seeming like the type, she's able to sew. Her mother had been a master at it and was able to teach Brianna how to do a few tricks with a sewing needle and thread, and this kill was later developed by the group she stayed with for several years.
•With her small build and soft eyes, people tend to help her. She'll often use manipulation and lies to get what she needs before dipping.

Flaws:
•She can't cook, even if it's above a fire. Her food will either become charred or undercooked.
•If given any liquor, which is a rare instance, she can't hold more than a few sips.
•She's a heavy sleeper, if her shelter was being raided, she wouldn't hear a thing until it was way too late.
•Not very trustful, even if the person is a genuinely nice person, she won't hesitate to hurt–if not kill– them when a sticky situation appears.

Last edited by a moderator:
a43fb227dd9117fc6dfb499c53c9c958.png

-> Sweets
    -> Tea
    -> Sparring
    -> Meditation
    -> Spicy Foods
    -> Playing/Listening to music

Dislikes:
    -> Betrayal
    -> Bitter Food
    -> Excessive amounts of blood
    -> Anything unorganized
    -> Cockiness
    -> Arrogance

Hobbies:
    -> During his free time, Takayuki enjoys many different things to do. One of which is to work on his mechanical limbs to make sure that they are still all functioning at their full potential or to check if they could possibly be upgraded at any point.

-> Another thing that he enjoys to do in his spare time is to test out different experiments when it comes to combing different foods together and see if what comes out tastes good or not.

-> Aside from playing instruments, Takayuki also enjoys to read books whenever he can scavenge anything.

Last edited:
  • OMG
Reactions: Periwinkle
Hope you didn't mind...I added a few other sections into the character sheet...just to...flesh out my character a little more.

@Demmy
I'm going to assume, since you're Roleplay owner. You'll be starting the roleplay with the first post right?

Also, curious...but where is this going to start(take place?)

Name: Zink Greyson
Rose:27
Bio: Zink has a half sister called Rose, they grew up together before the outbreak, they were trainined by the mother and father merc duo called called the dragons of life and death. The couple gave them their prized weapons and armour.

When they got enough money from their adoptive parents they set up some comminitys tys with farming and so on to try and make up for the innocents they killed in the cross fire over the many years.

They lost contact with most of the settlements during the outbreak. Now they only have a couple of places that are left hidden in the city.
Skills: Zink is like a mongoose with his diamond coated wires hidden inside his gloves due to all the intense training over the years. Pain resistances and herbalism and mancainics. Sixth sense
Flaws: is not as strong as his half sister so he will run if he can't win when cornered, and is not very good at scavaging as she is so need a lot more time to find things.
Has nightmemers most nights so can't sleep very well with out making his herbal sleeping mix.
Rose is built like a brick wall and can take a beating then give it back just as hard or harder. Weapon of choice titanium spiked gauntlets with sword breakers. Both of then wear armour that offers some protection for the neck and arms.
Rose is great at making weapons and such. She also knows first aid and is trained in dealing with electronics and things of that nature. Can make her muddles denser for a limited time making her harder to bite and such
She does not have as much stamina as her half brother and is not as nimble so she can be taken by sneak attacks. She has sirious trust issues so it takes a while for her to trust others. Make her muscles denser puts a lot of strain on her body and mind if used to often, side effects such as bad dizzyness coughing blood, and needing more food than most and needing at least eight hours sleep after the recoil.
Google Image Result for https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e0/06/43/e006436c550a4e420779e0889f7861d4.jpg
Google Image Result for https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d0/c1/e1/d0c1e1008127300eca2f7e94a74a103b.jpg

Last edited:
Name: Sam Bishop

Bio: Savage in nature, Sam lived off the woods as a bushman for most of his life thanks to his father's teachings. He rarely ever came into contact with other humans. Only doing so to trade resources and supplies. He's a very quiet and calculating individual, seeing every situation as potential life or death scenario. He doesn't like other people, but is wiliing to cooperate in order to survive.

Skills: Hunting, Skinning, Crafting (Making tools from natural materials), Tracking.

@Periwinkle @Ur Degaton
Accepted.

@Rads
This is occuring after the outbreak so neither your characters or their parents would have been alive during the outbreak. Other than that I honestly can't make heads or tails of your cs.

@happydeath
Again, this is occuring after the outbreak. Read the response above. I also can't see how Takayuki would be an expert sniper considering his condition.
I will be starting it, yes, maybe tomorrow. As for the location, i would say in or near a city.

• Useful
Reactions: happymech99
Vietnam.full.727051.jpg

Name: Amity Squall
Bio: Amity lived with a nomadic group of individuals, always on the move and never staying in one place. From there, she learned unity in staying together, from there, she learned the skills to survive. Bust most of all, from there, she learned how to love and find happiness in the bleakest of situations. Unfortunately her nomadic group was scattered after a raid from slavers who sought to have people work for their large group, with the woman running off in an entirely different direction from everyone else as her calculations showed her that to survive, she needed to be away from everyone else to avoid the slavers.
Skills: Supply distribution based on everyone's needs, quick thinker, able to apply calculations to any zombies she encounters and thus determine their movements and how easy it would be to kill them, foraging, hunting, determining shelter habitability via scouting

I see sorry about that I welcome ideas to make it work properly.

@Demmy
Okaiis, I did see your point there. Hah, I didn't think about that through when I had typed the thing about his sniper...x.x Sooo I did fix that.

Though i am a bit confused about your other concern. So wait, my character's parents not being alive 'during' the outbreak is understandable since my character doesn't even know his parents to begin with soo...that's all fine and dandy with me. But, the character himself cant be alive during it?

Or did you mean like he can't be alive when the outbreak first started?

If so, then could you explain a few things to me? I'm curious to know how the virus spread like is it through air or did a large group get infected and it spread as one person bit or was exposed to blood or any form of the infected person to start getting others infected?
Also, if I can't have my character alive when the outbreak started...but the parents can't be alive 'during' the outbreak...um, how was the character born?

@chaosheart13
Accepted.

@Rads
I would recommend separating their character sheets as a good start.

@happydeath
Thank you.
I didn't think about this earlier so thank you for bringing it up. I'm gonna say the mix of bodily fluids would be how it gets passed around.
I imagine your character would be born in a very naturally painful way.

@Demmy
So, just to be sure. We need to have our characters born DURING the outbreak?

The parents would have been born after the outbreak and in turn your characters.