Just Need to Get it Off My Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unsun

Original poster
I came home late today, about an hour after my usual dinner time. I was trying to finish up my math homework with help from a tutor. Unfortunately, these tutors aren't one on one. They go around helping everyone, your turn coming when you're next on the waiting list. I was on the waiting list for a while after I went to a presentation about 'Spirituality without Religion' which took about an hour. The first few hours with my tutoring was fine but after the presentation, it felt like the day had just gotten longer. I could only do like two questions at a time because everyone else needs to be helped too, but I was at the end of the list.

I had to wait, I had like... 10 questions left- All of them I didn't know how to do. Dinner time was coming nearby, I was getting irritated, I was getting frustrated, and I just wanted to go home, eat, and lay down on my bed. The tutors really need to have some sort of established one on one or at least have more than one tutor for each subject working at the same time, that way people like me aren't waiting forever just to eat a chicken pot pie...

I know you're ranting, and I ain't trying to stomp down on your rant, but why not try putting together a study group for people in your class? You can tudor one another and get math homework done at the same time! It'd be great for all involved! :D

Otherwise, that's a really irritating set-up. It sucks that your school doesn't have more tutors. I'm surprised, actually-- students jump at opportunities for "Easy" work like this. When I was at college, this was actually a paying job, not a volunteer thing at all!

@Seiji That's not really my thing. I don't do well with groups, unfortunately. I need a tutor, a teacher, someone who can sit with me and guide me through every step of the problems that I don't understand. Math is greatest weakness and having more than one person, especially people from my class, will only discourage me and distract me from focusing.

They do, it's just that there's one tutor set up for a specific time limit in a way. For example, one math tutor could work from 1:00 - 4:00 in the afternoon, then the next math tutor would come around and work from 4:00 - 6:30, et cetera. That's how it's set up, and what's even more irritating is that you have to sign in electronically for your name to be put on the waiting list, then go back to your table until your name is called.

Status
Not open for further replies.