Just how reliable are Internet Quotes anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang. xD
@Wolfiethehybrid123 : 1 Me : 0
Next guess is the third.
Now I shall go use the new found knowledge this topic has given me and find someone to destroy joke around with.
Yup. You got me. :P

Turns out, thinking up fake Ringo Starr tweets is surprisingly difficult. o.o

Here's a hard one, which one of these have I not made before.

1. A Shit Post
2. An RP Post
3. An RP Guide

Here's a hard one, which one of these have I not made before.

1. A Shit Post
2. An RP Post
3. An RP Guide
You've made plenty of both shit posts and roleplay posts. I have yet to see a roleplay guide by you, though I might just have missed it.

6b6a076c11b478eef735be2381bb5b79.png

STOP ME

You've made plenty of both shit posts and roleplay posts. I have yet to see a roleplay guide by you, though I might just have missed it.
Nah, you got it. :P

I've been forum RP'ing for 8 years now. But in all that time I've always done it just as a kicked back for fun deal. Never conciously focusing on improving my skill, techniques etc (granted I still pick up stuff and learn naturally over time and practice). So considering that I don't feel that qualified to suddenly start making a guide and telling other people how to RP.

@Kaga-kun is it the first one again? Looks like a fake.

@Icystorm Haha! Get on my level!

@Kaga-kun Wait, nvm. It's the third one I actually read Icy's message.

@Brovo is this thread perhaps inspired by this idea that some idiots recently tried to make happen? Or were the ferret Gods just divinely inspiring you at the right time without you realizing it? xD

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine
*Looks this up*
*Finds it doesn't exist yet*

Awwww... I wanted to see if I was added or not. XD

But on a more serious note, ignoring all the technical impossibilities for one easily offended organization to track the entire Internet. What this would be is effectively painting giant targets on people for simply saying something offensive, which could be anything from actual racist/sexist remarks, to offence humour to someone simply saying "I'm not a feminist" and/or "Being racist to white people is still racist".

Like I said though, that's ignoring their technical obstacles, so this will likely die before it starts. The fact there are people who actually think stuff like this a good idea though scares me. o_o

@Brovo is this thread perhaps inspired by this idea that some idiots recently tried to make happen? Or were the ferret Gods just divinely inspiring you at the right time without you realizing it? xD

Happy coincidence actually, but hey, as I said... I'm nowhere near the first to notice this Google Chrome fun shit. :ferret:

*Looks this up*
*Finds it doesn't exist yet*

Awwww... I wanted to see if I was added or not. XD

But on a more serious note, ignoring all the technical impossibilities for one easily offended organization to track the entire Internet. What this would be is effectively painting giant targets on people for simply saying something offensive, which could be anything from actual racist/sexist remarks, to offence humour to someone simply saying "I'm not a feminist" and/or "Being racist to white people is still racist".

Like I said though, that's ignoring their technical obstacles, so this will likely die before it starts. The fact there are people who actually think stuff like this a good idea though scares me. o_o
They had a kickstarter for it if I remember correctly, but I think it was taken down cause of the backlash. Not 100% sure about that though. But yeah, this is a bad idea no matter how you look at it x9

Happy coincidence actually, but hey, as I said... I'm nowhere near the first to notice this Google Chrome fun shit. :ferret:
Coincidence is my favorite ferret God. Let's hope he continues to walk beside you for a long time x3

They had a kickstarter for it if I remember correctly, but I think it was taken down cause of the backlash. Not 100% sure about that though. But yeah, this is a bad idea no matter how you look at it x9
Just googled it with kickstarter added to it, found the page.

It only reached 5% of it's goal (and admittedly the goal of 75k is low considering the scope of their project. Plus from their cast shot it looks like it'd have to be providing the living for 8 people) before kickstarter shut it down, which was 5 days ago now. Nothing on the page itself seems to indicate what made Kickstarter do that though. I'd probably find out the specifics if I looked for news articles... But eh, it's already dead.

Oh, social autopsy, hahahahaha

This isn't the first time this idea has been proposed. It's been proposed at least as early as 2003 with IRQ channels. Turns out it's uh... It's illegal. Extremely illegal. It violates personal privacy laws and public defamation laws simultaneously.

If they seriously got this website running, they would be one class action lawsuit away from paying millions in damages.

I would honestly consider taking up large scale hardcore trolling just to get snatched so I could get a free cheque from a pro bono lawyer.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Okay, so this isn't completely on topic, but it is related.

12963428_1595894337124597_8532978568991707320_n.jpg

Now, take a real good look at the picture. I know not everyone has seen the movie, but that is the characters from Tropic Thunder. It took me a second of staring at it to realize that. =/ My friend posted that on her page, and I couldn't help but laugh when I saw it. It's not just quotes that can't be trusted.

You can edit it all you want, but I have the evidence!

M7JOsg5.jpg

YOUR FRIEND IS A TRUMP VOTER TERRIBLE PERSON!

You can edit it all you want, but I have the evidence!

M7JOsg5.jpg

YOUR FRIEND IS A TRUMP VOTER TERRIBLE PERSON!
That quote is disturbing. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.