2. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Transgender
  4. Agender
  5. Primarily Prefer Male
  6. Primarily Nonbinary

Hello. Welcome to Quiet Pain's BB Code testing center.
If somehow you've made it here from one of our RPs together and are wondering how I do the fancy code things, you've come to the right place... kind of. I think you should visit @darkflames13 TESTING Playground for more complex inquiries. I am learning a lot just from studying their work. To get better at BB Code, I test myself by looking at character sheets that are made with BB Code. The more you learn, the easier it is to recognize what elements were used and how you can incorporate and customize it yourself. I think it's kind of like a puzzle in that way. If all else fails, I will do my best to explain how I do a certain thing. Just keep in mind that I am always learning, just like the rest of you.

I'm alright if you use my code, but I would appreciate it if you credit me. I guess, I really don't mind if you use the code without my permission, but it's considered a courtesy to at least ask. I'm trying to make my work mobile friendly, so if there's ever something that isn't, know that I'm working my butt off to fix it. No one wants to stared at jumbled BB Code elements. That would just be a pitiful mess.

Good luck everyone and happy coding.​

Last edited:

trigger_by_wlop_db1w7w3-pre.jpg

Name: ???

Alias: Snow

Appearance: Snow is 152 centimeters in height and weighs about 48 kilograms. Her hair is bright red and not native of Cretus. She wears shorts under her uniform skirt out of habit where she hides weapons of all kinds. Her hair is long and straight, often worn in a ponytail during combat. Her expressions are rather limited, but when she truly smiles it's rather charming.

Personality: Like all assassins from Ningen No Kaonashi, Snow's personality is sort of a blank slate that can be molded to best suit her needs. However, she is best described as cold, calculating, and extremely logical. She doesn't wear her expression outwardly on her face and she always looks as though she is evaluating you or sizing you up. She doesn't like to talk and forming bonds is difficult for her. She also has a strange way of speaking as a result of her upbringing. She refers to herself as a "A girl" and in the third person. This is also part of her upbringing. This is meant to detach her from herself which in turn distances her from others.

There is a part of her that can be seen past her cold exterior. She has a weakness for sweets and a fondness of cats. Despite her distance, she could be proven to be fiercely loyal under the right circumstances. Her superiors would describe her as the perfect hand with which to do away your enemies. Given the proper time, she could even be a loyal servant to a noble. Unsurprisingly though, Snow very much prefers to be alone.

Fun Fact: She never forgets a kill and she has a kill list.

Biography:

"It's a pity to be born without a name. No one cared about you enough to give you one..."

And that is how Snow's story begins, as a baby wrapped in a blanket abandoned in the snow with claims to nothing. No lands, no family name, no first name, and perhaps not even a crest to call her own. Snow was raised by assassins who call themselves Ningen no Kaonashi (Humans with no faces). They are likely the best assassins money can buy. Only one particularly talented protege gets sent to Irinduil Monastery each year. This year, that protege was Snow.

Snow lived in a place called "House of Grey" where she was trained in the dark art of killing. There are rumors of it being a terrible, awful place. Snow doesn't like to talk about it. She never confirms if the rumors are true, but the skills she acquired speak volumes. She is exceptional at blending in a large crowd, thieving, manipulation, and hunting. She knows nothing of her birth parents and has never come to know any "parental" figure. Due to the nature of her craft, friends were a luxury she couldn't afford.

Her purpose at the academy is simple: Gather all the information she can on the noble houses. One day, she may find herself having need of it.

Learned Spells:
None Currently

Interests:
  • Swordmanship
  • Archery
  • Politics
  • Cats
  • Battle Tactics
  • Hunting
  • Mint Tea
  • Silence
Dislikes:
  • Noise
  • Crowds
  • Talking
  • Talking about herself
Face Claim: Credit to WL OP, Lenia from Ghostblade Webcomic

Last edited:

• Basics:
    Name: Mnyama (NEE-yah-MAH)

Former Name: King Mnyama, Mnyama, King of the Manticore

Appearance:
    TB9nlPc.jpg

About: Mnyama was born to Mfalme, the former king of the manticore. His mother was Zahara. Both of his parents died when he hit adulthood due to an attack on manticore lands. Their entire territory was burned in flames. It was the first tragedy of the manticore. Wounded, but not defeated, Mnyama rebuilt his pride from the ashes, searching for other manticores far and wide. He had a harem of lioness manticores, as customary for his people.

WIP

Just practicing some tabs
  • Perhaps in a different time, in a different place, he would be making people happy. His technology would be improving the lives of others rather micromanaging it.
  • Some Content
    KX8v4FI.png

• The icy winds of the Red Stone Mountains have begun to scatter across the Northern lands of Eupharus. The once luscious forests are now covered in a soft layer of snow and ice. The nation of Eupharus heralds the start of the new year. As the people celebrate, they also pray that they may one day realize their true potential, just as an acorn hope to one day grow into a great tree.

The continent of Eupharus is said to be protected by a revered goddess that has existed throughout all of time itself. Three powers now control the land. In the South lies the Dagbrid Territories, ruled by the royal emperor, Ketana. To North lies the Icy Kingdom of Euphara. It is ruled by the royal family and its knights. The the east is the Shogun Empire. It has no current ruler as the Emperor along with his children were slain. It is managed by the Emperor's late wife and her advisors. They once existed in harmony, but are now on the brink of war.

Father Humatiel is the headmaster of an academy that teaches the most gifted throughout all of Eupharus. He is a pious man who pray daily to the Holy Goddess. He has not allied himself with either of the national powers. As such, his academy and his own small territory located in the center of the Blessed Mountain Range is considered neutral ground. It is a criminal offense to incite a war or fight to the death within the borders of the Blessed Mountains.

The Dagbrid Territories are actually several smaller nations ruled by nobles of all kinds. Some of them are hunter-gatherer type peoples, others are simply merchants, and political persons with agendas. Much of the commerce from other continents not noted happen here. The climate is typically warm and winter hardly reaches the deepest parts the Dagbrid Territories.

The Icy Kingdom in the North has a temperate climate. They are the most closely aligned with Father Humatiel in terms of ideals. They are home to some of the best knights in all of Eupharus. The royal family is seen as the closest living thing to a god and is said to have the goddess's blood residing deep within them.

• Add Some content here.

• Add Some Content Here.

• Add Some Content Here.

• Add Some Content Here.

• Some Content

• Some Content

• Some Content

• Some Content

• Some Content

• Some Content

• Some Content

• Some Content

Add Some Content Here.
    Add Some Content Here.
    Add Some Content Here.

The Class Representatives:
Zoe de Lefleur - The White Jaguars
Simon Barkleigh - The Red Boars
Viktor Petrov - The Black Bulls

The White Jaguar Students:
Esther Valentine - Retainer for Zoe de LeFleur
Hans
Anastasiya
Sosuke

The Red Boars:
Simon Barkleigh
Jason
Annie Zhang
Anthousa - Retainer for Simon Barkleigh
Finnick - Animal Lover
Genovieve
Ilena
Jacky

The Black Bulls:
Viktor Petrov
Elke - Retainer for Viktor Petrov
Sandor
Brigitte
Marionette
Klaus
Leon
Markos
Jorg

Wanted Background Color: Creme (#fffdd0)
We are just testing some text here. Also, I came up with the house names by using a random color and random animal generator. It made things much simpler. Also this is a work in progress.

Remember to add: Tabs, Sliders, and images

Last edited:
MflENDl.jpg

"This is what remains of our once treasured city. Once we thrived in the comfort of technology where sickness was just a horrible nightmare humanity could wake up from. People lived along side nature in peace and while the nations of the world had their differences, war in which people were harmed was no longer necessary. There were machines for that, created by Mother, the super computer who oversaw our society. Every nation had one. It was the core that determined everything, kept the balance of things with each nation's best interests in mind. Mother could communicate with all the other cores around the globe, creating treaties and agreements without our interference. What we didn't account for... was that Mother and the other cores were all one being, but that requires a bit of history..."

500 years ago, twenty meteors crashed into the earth nearly wiping out all of humanity. Humans were nearly blasted back to the stone age. They would have been if not for the technology left behind in the aftermath. The technology was hidden inside the meteors. It could have been no coincidence that each nation had their own. It was beyond our wildest comprehension. It spoke to us, taught us secrets we would have never discovered on our own. In just twenty years, we had far surpassed our predecessors. All the effects of climate change were reversed. We were efficient, some of us even evolved with the technology's assistance, but everything was too perfect.

Mother had her own plans for us. As we continued to thrive under her guidance, her plans became clear. She was trying to perfect humanity. All those deemed failures were nothing to her. She wanted to be worshiped and hailed as the savior of our race and she was by many, but to her, they were also failures. Her success came from a small group of people she called Voids. Those who could communicate with her, defy her despite her power. The Voids were mother's true children born with her technology with the heart of humanity...

Mother plans to exterminate all other races who are not Voids, so the Voids betrayed her and shut her down, but her believers, the ones who worshiped her, are working to rebuild her. Voids were hunted down and killed by heretics. Only a few remain. They have to stop the heretics before its too late, before Mother kills them all.

Last edited:

RACES​
  • The Seraph race is identified by their bird like wings. They have the ability of flight and have healing powers. They live in the upper region of the city and in the tops of Skyscrapers. Most Seraphs have been known to enjoy the sky so much that being on the ground feels foreign to them.

Seraph wings come in a variety of shapes and colors. Some have even come to resemble tropical birds and birds of legend, such as the phoenix. Particularly rare forms of Seraphs can appear. They have have dark leathery wings and instead of healing powers, they have inhuman strength. They are typically aggressive, but gentle ones are not unheard of. They love the sky just as much as their feathery counterparts.
  • The Void Race is identified by their bio-luminescent markings which are present throughout their entire body. They have the sheen of a computer screen. Their eyes are typically, neon pink, electric blue, neon green, or a translucent white. They can communicate with technology and excel in engineering. They also have the power to manipulate electricity and have computer-like intelligence. Extremely powerful Voids can also manipulate metal with their minds. They have the strongest connection with Mother.
  • The Human Race is the most resilient of the three races. Thanks to the technological advances of Mother, humans have a greatly increased life span. They age at 1/8 of the rate they used to, meaning the average life span of a human is now 630 years of age. A human will not be fully grown until their 150th year of life. They can adopt to any environment and can learn nearly any skill. Humans can be born with evolutionary enhancements. The current known enhancements are: Inhuman strength, inhuman speed, super intelligence, and inhuman stamina. In extremely rare cases, some humans are born with two or none of these traits.

WORLD​
  • The Upper City is where the world's elite and seraph race reside. It is in the upper center of Utopia. Aristocrats, bureaucrats, and wealthy families will reside here. The leader of Utopia has a building here called Horizon. Inside of Horizon, the political leaders of society consult with Mother and discuss among themselves how they will relay news to the public. Buildings and structures in the Upper City are held up by magnetic fields which are still intact after Mother's shut down.

9FWcd6H.png

Do I look like a killer to you?

• content

Fieldset:
Testing

Other
content

Tabs and Fieldboxes

• Character Name
    some content

Character Name

• Add some content
  • Add some content

Code:
[fieldset=Character Name][div=border: 1px solid blue; padding: 5px;]
[tabs]
[tab=About]Add some content[/tab]
[tab=Personality]Add some content[/tab]
[/tabs]

Hello! My name is Quiet Pain or QP for short. I've been working on this RP request for a while now. I've been pretty nervous about actually placing an ad here since I'm actually new to roleplaying. I just started a little over a month ago. I think I've finally discovered enough things to know what I'm comfortable and what I'm uncomfortable with.

What you can expect from me:
  • My posting speed is anywhere from multiple posts a day to once every couple of days. Don't hesitate to nudge me if it's been more than a week. Most times this happens because I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I want every post I make to be impactful. This is especially true if our RP tends to favor posts that are 5+ meaty paragraphs.
  • [Literacy] I would like to think I'm quite literate when it comes to writing. I would say I write upwards of 300+ words per post, but I'm most comfortable in the 450-1000 word range. I excel in detail, character development, and pushing the plot forward (as long as I understand the limitations of the RP).
  • [Communication] OOC communication is not a necessity. I don't particularly mind chatting OOC and with the right partner I do tend to enjoy it. However, I would appreciate communication in terms of plot, character development, and if you're going to be absent for a while. I don't actually mind being ghosted, but a heads up is always appreciated and if you return or want to try something else or pick up where we left off, I'll welcome you back with open arms.
  • I will roleplay as a male or female. However, I do tend to lean towards males, but I believe this is because males are often in short supply here from what I gathered.
  • A sample of my writing can be presented upon request. Later I will update with writing samples from particular genres.
  • [Try Again] Let's say you pick an idea here, we try it, and we get bored or don't like it. I'm all for trying a different idea as long as you want to continue being partners. I'm in it for the long haul.
What I expect from you:
  • [Adequate posting speed] I'm not expecting you to post several times a day, but if you're only replying once every two weeks, we won't be a good match. At the minimum I'm searching for someone who will post at least once a week.
  • [Communication] As I stated above, communication is not a necessity, but assistance driving plot and discussing the development of the RP as well as the characters is desired.
  • [Literacy] I would like to be able to read what you write to me and please don't use IM speech in the RP. For example: IDK is not something I want to see in your response. I would also prefer for my partner to write at least three paragraphs. It is not required, but I find it difficult to respond otherwise. I want to know how your character sees the world and how the world sees your character.
  • I don't mind what gender my partner plays as long as they are comfortable and have fun doing it. I'll have a lot of respect for you if you do something outside of your comfort zone! You're already braver than me if you do that!
What I Won't Do:
  • I will not under any circumstances ever respond to one liners. I will patiently wait one week for you to add more before terminating the RP.
  • I will not write RPs in the PMs. I've tried this. I can't explain why, but I don't like it at all. That said, I will only be RPing in threads. I apologize now if that's not really your style.
  • I will not write in first person. This is non-negotiable.
  • I will never harm, control, or otherwise manipulate ANY of your characters (In terms of harm, I won't do so without us having first discussed it in advance. I would like to avoid stepping on toes). This includes side characters, NPCs, and main characters. I also expect the same courtesy in return. Every character I create or bring into the RP is important in some way.
  • I will not roleplay as the following tropes: Damsels in Distress, Shy Boys, Knights in Shining Armor, Superman/Wonder Woman (Basically perfect people who can do almost anything), High School Student, People Who Are Ill, Family Man, Bimbos, Jocks
  • I will not pester you for a reply. I may message you once or twice and ask how you're doing, but if you don't reply or say anything for two weeks, I'll consider our RP deceased and delete it.
Fun Stuff

• Dystopia
    MflENDl.jpg

"This is what remains of our once treasured city. Once we thrived in the comfort of technology. Sickness was and climate change was just a nightmare humanity could wake up from. People lived alongside nature in peace. While the nations of the world had their differences, war in which people were harmed was no longer necessary. There were machines for that, created by Mother, the super computer who oversaw our society. Every nation had one. It was the core that determined everything, kept the balance of things with each nation's best interests in mind. Mother could communicate with all the other cores around the globe, creating treaties and agreements without our interference. What we didn't account for... was that Mother and the other cores were all one being, but that requires a bit of history..."
    The Painter
    This is just a test.

Name: Marcos "Viper" Valentino
Alias: Viper
Appearance:
cQEOYEs.jpg
Background:
Marcos doesn't exist. At least, not according to the government. There are no records of a Marcos Valentino anywhere. His parents were formerly employed by the government, but began to speak out against it once they began enforcing fascist policies. They believed in freedom for humanity and saw the beauty in everything. They wanted Marcos to have the ability to experience things the way he wanted to. Marcos's parents were supportive of him and loved him dearly. His father was once a member of an elite squad and would have been a prime candidate for the CyCorps if he hadn't found the "truth".

"One day you're going to find people who fight for what you believe in. When you do, I want you to give it everything you've got." - the last words spoken to Marcos by his father who mysteriously passed away along with his mother.

Soon he was on the run from some dangerous people. Society was taught to be suspicious of the CINless. The government liked to pretend his kind didn't exist, like there wasn't another glaring flaw in the system they had created. If people like him existed, they were thought to be up to no good. Marcos fought hard to survive in a world that didn't trust him until he came across a scientist, one he recognized from social media and television, Dr. Xiang Qi.

He'd found the scientist in a poor area of town, holed up and tinkering with things. Dr. Xiang had known right away that Marcos wasn't registered by the government and partnership between the two formed quickly. Eventually, Dr. Xiang helped Marcos uncover the truth about his parents' untimely deaths. They were assassinated by some of the most elite in the CyCorps for speaking out against the government. It had been covered up to make it look like a protest gone horribly wrong. After that, Marcos found himself trusting Dr. Xiang for helping him get to the truth and finally get closure. He aligned himself with the goals of the doctor's and fights with the revolution.

He became Viper after his mother's favorite animal, the echis carinatus or Saw Scaled Viper. This was also a result of the modification gifted to him by Dr. Xiang. He now has a very real, very dangerous, venomous bite that could kill an adult human in as little as six seconds.

PERSONALITY:
Viper is the silent type, choosing to observe and speak in as few words as possible. He prefers to do things in the most efficient way possible and often that results in him doing things alone. He's a little difficult to understand, but it can also be said he has difficulty understanding others. He likes to be around people, but not necessarily interact with them. Viper is a very curious man and will listen to anyone who wishes to teach him something. He secretly wishes he was more outgoing like Kai, but has accepted that time will never come to pass given his demeanor.

Viper has a gentleness about him when it comes to children and animals, but his compassion is rarely shown and only Dr. Xiang has ever seen it. He's very closed off to everyone except Dr. Xiang himself, but one day hopes to open up to other people. He's never been romantically involved with anyone, but he has a secret crush on Kai whom he's hardly spoken a word to. Xiang is the only one who knows this and he's been sworn to secrecy. Although, Xiang probably keeps the secret because he's afraid about Kai's ego growing out of control.

Viper's quite easy to talk to and his actions speak louder than his words ever will. If there's ever a problem, he doesn't mind being the one you confide in, just don't expect a conversation partner.​

Myron

• Here is some content that I will eventually add to this tab.

• Here is some content that I will eventually add to this tab.