Just Figured Out How To Make A Thread

The people who are overdoing the flattery and falling all over themselves the moment a person with a cute avatar joins the site.

The people who are overdoing the flattery and falling all over themselves the moment a person with a cute avatar joins the site.
They're just greeting the new people, mate. Doesn't matter that they only do it to cute avatars. They do it to people they want to roleplay with. Great way to make a good first impression. I've been doing it too. I do not condone negativity, and I am sure the whole community here agrees. I would appreciate it if you quit it, mate.

I'm not meaning to offend anyone. Everyone has their own style. Mine is simply sarcastic and off-the-cuff. I see no point in the over-extenuating greetings. They seem... Exaggerated to me. Not quite insincere or mocking, but not quite earnest, either. My style, if anything, is the quiet, calm, (usually) gentle-toned, skeptical type.

Besides, it's not my opinion here that matters, is it? That honor belongs to the lady-sai.

I'm not meaning to offend anyone. Everyone has their own style. Mine is simply sarcastic and off-the-cuff. I see no point in the over-extenuating greetings. They seem... Exaggerated to me. Not quite insincere or mocking, but not quite earnest, either. My style, if anything, is the quiet, calm, (usually) gentle-toned, skeptical type.
Besides, it's not my opinion here that matters, is it? That honor belongs to the lady-sai.
I am sure most of them are sincere. I would most certainly greet a beautiful lady with flowers or a kiss on the hand if this could be emulated in real life. I can see quite a few people being offended when ye come on here out of the blue and call them a "kiss-ass" for simply being nice and greeting someone. It's fucking rude, mate.

It often comes off as seeming rude, although it isn't my intent. Also, you must keep in mind that different cultures have different habits and rituals, and may percieve the traditions of other cultures in a different light.

It often comes off as seeming rude, although it isn't my intent. Also, you must keep in mind that different cultures have different habits and rituals, and may percieve the traditions of other cultures in a different light.
It comes off as seeming rude because it fucking is, mate. If that is not your intent, ye might wanta think of changing how you say it. And I understand many cultures. mate. I can assure you of that. If anything, it should be you that is considerate of other cultures. That's like saying that someone in the woods should keep in mind that there are hunters shooting guns around. It is the fucking hunters responsibility to know where they are shooting.

Erm... Where I'm from, most people avoid the woods in hunting season if they aren't hunting. But I was referring to my view of culture, not yours. What may seem natural to you seems over the top to me. Understand what I mean? I'm usually a quieter approach to someone I dont know. If someone where I'm from were to walk up to a woman they didn't know, kiss their hand, and offer them flowers, it's quite likely that they would end up being pepper sprayed.

Well, all the ladies we seem to be doing it to seem to enjoy it. And if they didn't, if they got offended, we would apologize like the gentlemen we are. No harm done. If someone says something to offend you, feel free to tell them, mate. You should promptly get an apology. But if someone says something to someone else that would offend you had they said it to you and the person receiving the flattery enjoys it, where is it your business to come in and insult them, mate? They complimented a lady and there was no harm done.

I... If I'm not mistaken, I more or less pointed that out already. "Besides, it's not my opinion here that matters, is it?" And as I also pointed out, I didn't intend it as an insult. That simply depends on the perception of whoever recieves the statement.

Yes, in the same way that I flip off my friend to say "Good morning". It doesn't offend him, but if I flip someone off while walking on campus at college, they may take offense to it.

Yeah, exactly! ^^ A good-natured "fuck you" every now and then never hurt anybody.

To friends, not to random strangers. You don't tell a stranger to fuck off and expect them to believe it was said with good intent.

Yeh, that's true. I end up putting myself in that particular position too often before realizing the mistake; I tend to view many people as friends until given a reason not to, whether the view me in the same light or not, and thus I frequently am overly casual when I probably shouldn't be. I suppose that would probably be my fatal flaw, now that i think about it..

Lol Does not condone negativity.

Proceeds to argue his point over a page on someone's intro thread. xD

Welcome to the site, Miss Understood. Hopefully the argument between these two didn't put you off too much :D

Reactions: Beatrix
hey girl~ glad to have you on board- if your up for rping PM~