Just an idea I had regarding OCs

Do you want a Character bin at each roleplay genre on Iwaku?

• Yes please.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not interested

• I'm skeptic about this

• Undecided, but interested

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lusterless Nova

Passionate Roleplayer
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
Online Availability
A few hours each day, and many hours on Sunday (I need to work like any other bloke)
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Hello there. Would you be so kind and give me some of your time? Thanks.

I've been thinking about a certain problem. Nothing too important, but it's pretty inconvenient that it exists. When you are a roleplayer, you search for roleplays by going into the sign up section of your desired genre, and roll though the sign ups. Nothing wrong with that.
But when you are a creator/GM, it is often difficult to find enough players. Sure. Many can just wait until enough roleplayers find their rp, but wouldn't it be neat to have a sub forum where creators/GMs can find characters/roleplayers that fit their rp?

How about a new sub forum for each roleplay section? I Imagine it like this:
Let's use Fantasy Roleplays as example. You click on Fantasy Roleplays, see the roleplays listed below, and the sign-ups at the top. Right under the sign up section, a new button (or however you want to call it) labeled Character Gallery. In this CG, people would post their characters, complete with information about their character. This would allow creators/GMs to browse though a variety of characters, find interesting ones, and invite them to their roleplays. No more waiting for enough characters, and roleplayers with OCs may be surprised at which roleplay might fit them.

However. All of this is just a rough idea, and I can not present it to the moderators without a common interest. So how about it? Would you be interested in having such a sub forum at each genre? Then vote and post your thoughts on this.

It's almost done too! 8D I have staffers testing it right now.

Reactions: Lusterless Nova
That sounds great. Now since there is already something like this, allow me to close. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.