Just an average day

The two emerge at a large clearing on top of the building where the whole town is visible
"This is it, cool huh?"
Andrew said as he walked over to the edge and sat down

Reactions: AnnaBelle <3
Natalie smiles and chuckles softly. "It's awesome." She walks towards the edge as well, looking around at the town and smirks. "I guess this town is bigger than I thought it was."

Andrew leaned back
"Yeah, it'll fool ya"
He said as he relaxed his body and enjoyed the scenery
"I can't believe this, we don't even know each other and I lead you to a secluded roof, I must seem so strange"

She sat down, resting her hands behind her as she leaned back and stretched her legs out in front of her. "Yeah, you're pretty weird. Though I guess I am too for going along with this, eh?" She looks at the people down on the ground.

Andrew smiled
"I guess so... What kind of music are you into Natalie?"
Andrew asked attempting to find common ground

She tilts her head to the side a little and watches the town as she thought. "I guess.. Just about anything that sounds good to me. I'm not too picky. What about you?" She glances to Andrew, then looks back at the town.

"Well, I'm into Indie rock and some of the early 2000s emo stuff, I have my own band n stuff"
Andrew said trying to make it seem modest

She looks at him, surprised. "Your own band? Really? Do you guys have a name? What do you do? Can I hear you play sometime?" She pauses, realizing she asked a few too many questions at one time.

Andrew laughed a little
"Yeah, we have a name, we're called Headless Mannequin, we're sort of Math Rock, Emo, Lo Fi, we're a 4 piece group, I play guitar and sing"
Andrew said, gloatingly

Natalie laughs a little. "Cleaver name. I'd love to hear your band." She turns her attention back towards the town, this time deciding to watch the cars.

"Well, we're playing this weekend, I could score you some backstage action"
Andrew said sitting up

She smiles and glances over to him, nodding. "That would be pretty awesome. I'd love to go watch."

"awesome! there's a bunch of other stuff you can do at the place we're playing too so you could even get to know some more people and all that" Andrew said as he stood up and stretched out slightly"I really gotta go now though, I have some roommate obligations to attend to and I'm sure you've got someone worrying about you, maybe I should call you sometime?.. you know, to give you details on the gig.. and stuff" he said as he cleared his throat and started to scratch the back of his neck

She stood up and turns to him, smiling and nods. "Sure. Uh, do you have something for me to write my number on?"

Andrew searched around in his pockets finding a sharpie (he likes to write on things)
"I got this, but no paper"
he then pulled up the sleeve on his sweater and handed Natalie the sharpie
"write away" he said with a smirk

Natalie chuckles softly at him and took the cap off of the sharpie. adjusting herself to write on his arm better, Natalie neatly wrote down her cell phone number on Andrew's arm and handed back his pen. "I think I'll hang up here or a little while longer. I look forward to seeing your band play, Andrew." She smiles at him, sliding her hands in her pockets.

Andrew put his sleeve back down
"all right, have fun then.. I'll talk to you later, real nice meeting you"
Andrew said with a slight smile as he walked out through the back door, heading down the stairs and out onto the street, walking back home.
When he arrived, it was 4:30 and no one was back yet,
"ugh.. seriously" he sighed as he flopped down on the couch and rooted around the coffee table for anything that might be left over from last night, he found some busted open cigarettes and a large bag of weed with John's name written clearly on it
"I'll owe him one"

Natalie sat back down when Andrew left and watched the town for a little while longer. She still hated the fact that they had to move but meeting someone new made it slightly more bareable. After a half and hour her phone buzzed in her pocket. She didn't bother taking it out since she knew it was her stepdad getting pissy about her being out so long. She made her way back down from the building and down the street. Natalie whistled a song to herself, not bothering to acknowledge any other people on the side walk. She soon got home, her mom and younger brother being home by the time she arrived.

Emmanuel looked up at the time a bit later than he'd planned to as he sat in one of the cafe's worn out couches, book in hand. He slid his bookmark into place and rolled his neck around a couple times then stood up. It's time to find some real food, he can study more later. He scratches at the nape of his neck, his dark brown hair softly tickles his fingertips as he pulls his hand away. On his way out he spots the usual messy stacks of various advertisements on the coffee table by the door. One of them is for a show this weekend, it's for Headless Mannequin. He's heard of them, which is more than he can say of the other bands on the tabletop, so he picks up their cut of paper and slips it into the back cover of his book. Heading to a show should be a good break this weekend. He'll see how he feels.

Kayla was a full-time barista at the local cafe barely getting a break from the hard morning shift. Order after orders from rude and impolite customers, she was exhausted. Clocking out for break, she sat alone on her laptop in the corner of the cafe right next to the window. Kayla was 22, a college student finishing her bachelor's degree in Graphic Design. Many of her friends called her the "goody-good" just because she was very shy, never really got into much trouble and she was always busy all the time. The same thing went for relationships, she was never able to maintain one.

Kayla was a very hard worker, responsible, sweet and beautiful. Her hair was long and dark brown, her eyes were hazel and almond shaped. She had an athletic body and always took care of herself.

As her break came to an end, she had finished all of her homework that needed to be done. Her boss began to walk toward her and made her a little anxious. "Hey Kayla. .", said her boss softy. "Yes?", she answered with an uneasy smile while putting her things away in her tote bag. "You worked very hard today, you can go home and relax for the rest of the weekend, see you Monday. . Okay?", he said with a smile. Happy as can be, Kayla gathered her things her keys and began to walk to her car in the parking lot.

Walking to her black Honda Civic, she noticed a band flyer on her front windshield. The headliner read Headless Mannequin. "Hmm...sounds like it could be fun.. maybe I should check it out.", she questioned to herself while looking at the flyer. Kayla hopped into her car and drove a couple blocks away from the cafe to her apartment.

Attachments

• a339b1623a4bbe249a11caba6e0ad69a-1.jpg
    a339b1623a4bbe249a11caba6e0ad69a-1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 3