Status
Not open for further replies.
~Christi~
"Well, it's wonderful to meet you and have you at Hogwarts. Truth be told, I almost ended up at the American school Ilvermorny had I not moved before my schooling began. I'm quite glad to be where I am though." She said with a smile. "Ravenclaw, you say? I have a friend in Ravenclaw. His name is Jack. Perhaps the two of us could show you around? Him, where I cannot, of course." She ended with a giggle.​

Alexey Solovjev ~~
Interaction: Christi Bailing (@Helena Sky)
"Thanks! I am glad to be here too. Also, don't take me rude or anything, but why Hogwarts includes such nonsense "wands" as part of compulsory studying program?" After some moments, he added "It's pretty easy to cast without wand. I'm not trying to show myself as a genius, but seriously - every kid in Koldovtsoretz knows how to cast without wand"
Alexey paused, looking quite confused, like if he wasn't sure that that girl would believe him. At the places where his fingers touched journal, paper started to get grey a bit.

~Jack~
Interaction: Christi Bailling (@Helena Sky) and Alexey Solovjey (@RecentlyInsaneRussian).

He studied the blue badge. Across the badge read the word "prefect" in white letters, framed by a silver border. It was considered to be a great achievement and he was one of only two people in his year, in his house, that had been given this charge. And it was binding. He would still be a prefect in his sixth and seventh years at Hogwarts. Glancing up from the badge in his hand, he saw a throng of people between in him and his destination. His destination being the same private booth he had sat in the year before, and the year before that, going all the way back to his first year. It had been in that same booth where he had met one of his best friends, Christi. In Jack's eyes she was an honorary Ravenclaw. Even if she was a Slytherine. It still baffled him how the sorting hat had placed her in house Slytherine... A first year bumbled past him with his luggage, distracting Jack from his train of thought. Had he been so clumsy and awkward his first time here? Most likely.

He pushed through what was no a gathering crowd of first years to get to the open door of his target booth. He certainly had not been that disrespectful when he was a first year. You know, aside from when he was pulling pranks. And aside from everything he had done to the Grey Lady. Okay, so maybe he had been worse. Once at the booth he peered in to see Christi already sat there. And someone else talking to her.

"I hope I'm not interrupting," Jack said as he entered the booth.

Alexey Solovjev ~~
Interaction: Christi Bailing (@Helena Sky), Jack Esther (@Petricus Euryale) ~~
Alexey pulled his fingers away from journal, seeing that it heated. At same seconds, almost giving Alex a hearth attack, another person headed in. He raised his head up, keeping friendly face.
"Oh, I suppose you are friend of Christi. My name is Alexey Solovjev." He paused sharply, guessing that before he headed in, pair was hanging out, and probably were dating. He stood up, announcing shortly after "Well, I will be going. Don't want to intrude into your group"

~Christi~
Interaction: Jack Esther ((@Petricus Euryale)) and Alexey Solovjey ((@RecentlyInsaneRussian))

Christi blinked, a look of shock on her face. "You don't use wands?" To her the idea was baffling. She was quite proud of her wand, since the wand chose the wizard and all, and to her, her wand was special. "I don't understand how you can do magic without a wand..." She still seemed to be shocked. "I don't know what I would do without mine." With that, she pulled it out of a bracelet up her sleeve where she kept it on her person at all times. "Ebony wood with a dragon heart string core. eleven and a half inches" She recited from memory before sliding it back into her sleeve.

It was about then that the door opened once more and she spotted Jack. A smile spread across her face. "After the prefect meeting was over, I'd wondered where you'd gone. Oh, Alexey, no need to leave. This is Jack. The Ravenclaw I was telling you about and my best friend. You can stay, we don't mind. However, if you wish to go, whatever you do, avoid the Tillany's like the plague. Mostly the twins."​

Last edited:
Alexey Solovjev ~~
Interaction: Christi Bailing (@Helena Sky), Jack Esther (@Petricus Euryale) ~~
Alexey stopped in mid-going.
"Oh... Sorry, I just thought" He paused, continuing afterwards "Forget it... And, answering on your question. It's quite simple to cast without wand, but only if you train from the earliest age. Here, let me show you"
Alexey exhaled shortly, waving hand above his journal. Journal softly lifted up, shimmering in blue-like aura, and followed movements of Russian's hand, shaking in air sharply. If looking closely, his hand had the same blue-like aura, but it was extremely transparent.
"You see... Damnit, I'm not skilled in magical theory, so my explanations may be lame... Anyways, nearly all magic before and some in Medieval era was non-wand, channeling magical energy directly through body. When using, normally hands, or any other limb which is symbolically used for spell, emits shining plume. That plume is like... Well, imagine holographic core of your wand around your hand - as dumb as it sounds"
Alex moved hand sharply down, and journal landed on his knees. He did a movement, like if waving an invisible whip, as plume disappeared.

~Christi & Sky~
Interaction: Jack Esther ((@Petricus Euryale)) and Alexey Solovjey ((@RecentlyInsaneRussian))
The most michievous Tillany happened to be passing by the compartment during Alexey's display of magic. "Oh wow..." She muttered, forcing her way inside the compartment and looking at him. "You have got to teach me how to do that! To think, I'd finally be able to do something Mr. Prefect know it all couldn't do...!" She squealed happily before plopping down in the empty seat next to him. "I'm Helena Sky-Anne Tillany by the way. That's just Sky to you though. I'm Gryffindor, fourth year. I take it you're one of our exchange students? Cool! Do you know what house you're going to be in? What year? I hope you're with me and Ty. That would be awesome."

It was around then that she noticed Christi and Jack also occupying the compartment. "Oh, hey Christi. You got prefect? Shocker. You don't really do much."

Christi's right hand was twitching dangerously towards where she kept her wand. Prefect be damned.

"You got it too, Jack? All I can say is at least you two can't dock points from Gryffindor."

Her blue eyes turned back to Alexey. "Anyways, more about you and how you just did magic without a wand."​

Alexey Solovjev ~~
Interaction: Christi Bailing (@Helena Sky), Jack Esther (@Petricus Euryale) Helena Sky-Anne Tillany (@Helena Sky) ~~
Alexey nearly shot out a fireball when another person popped in, and sat by him, quickly and enthusiastically explaining things.
"Oh, nice to meet you Helena. Well, I am not skilled in modern magical science... Okay. As you all know, magical energy is normally passed through specific type of magical object, may it be amulet, wand or finger ring. In wand-less magical style, user simply casts magic without that object, shooting it out directly through body."
Alex voice was quite similar to one of professors at some pathetic modern magical-science universities.

Delilah Rose Windsor

Delilah raised her brow as Ethan happened to slip into the compartment she was sitting in. She let out a small chuckle at his comment on their fellow house mates and watched as he settled into reading his book. "Well, Ethan, did you expect much better from a group of Slytherins? Honestly." She commented with a laugh,her freckle covered nose crinkling up, and then turned the page in her Defense Against the Dark Arts book. Her eyes skimmed over the various new curses and spells they would be learning this year,before looking back up to Ethan. Her hands carefully pulled back a few loose strands of hair and tucked them behind her ear.

~Jack~
Interaction: Christi Bailling and Sky-Anne Tillany (@Helena Sky), and Alexey Solojev (@RecentlyInsaneRussian)
"Oh Sky, don't worry about us losing Gryffindor points. You do that all on your own," Jack remarked. He turned his focus to Alexey. "You explain it quite well, like you're one of the teachers. You will fit right in at Ravenclaw." Jack smiled. "I'm pretty confident that's where the sorting hat will put you."

Jack mostly just trying to antagonize Sky. Not doubt she would be annoyed that he was taking her latest toy away from her, her chance to learn magic without a wand. If it had not been for Alexey and Sky, Jack would be able to catch up with his closest friend after summer break. He had so many questions after the way they left things last year.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexey Solovjev ~~
Interaction: Christi Bailing (@Helena Sky), Jack Esther (@Petricus Euryale) Helena Sky-Anne Tillany (@Helena Sky) ~~
Alexey smiled at words of Jack, picking up journal from his knees.
"For us, wand-less magic is not a technique like in Magical Britain - I heard about powerful wizards who managed to cast without wand, but it isn't like that. It's like... lifestyle I guess."
Alexey quickly checked through journal, seeing something that caught his attention.
"... Murderer killed family of four muggles, at territory of Moscow. As overlooked, no following actions from Magical Police, nor the Government of Russia were done..." Alexey muttered, his eyes widening, as he checked images.

~Christi and Sky~
"Oh, haha. That's mostly Tyler and you know it." Sky took a moment to remark before turning her rapt attention back to Alexey. "So, it's possible to channel the magical energy through just about anything from the sounds of it. " She responded slowly, as if she were thinking. Pointing her finger at Christi's Prefect badge, she almost pretended as if she had a wand in her hands. "Wingardium Leviosa." She whispered, shocked as an almost pale red energy gathered at her finger and pulled the badge right off of Christi's robes.

Sky's jaw dropped and the light was gone as quickly as it came. Christi's prefect badge landed in her lap. "S-so something like that then....?" Sky said softly, still stunned. "You have to help me, show me more, what else one can be capable of..."

While Christi was impressed, she stayed silent and merely repinned her badge to her robes. She'd worked hard for that little badge.
~Ethan~
Interaction: Delilah Rose Windsor ((@Timber. ))
Ethan glanced at her and offered a small smile as he sat down. "I expected better from my own house. Oh, that reminds me." He stood and stuck his head back into the hall. "If we'd had any points to take that would have been 20 points from Slytherin!" He yelled before closing the door and settling himself down again. Yes, he was a prankster. Yes, he caused his fair share of trouble, but he still had high views of his house. "So, Delilah, how was your summer?"

~Jack~
Interaction: Christi Bailling and Sky-Anne Tillany (@Helena Sky), and Alexey Solojev (@RecentlyInsaneRussian)​

Why were the newspaper of Russia's magical community reporting on murders on the muggle world? And the police weren't getting involved. The killer had to be witch or wizard to make the papers. And it had to be someone with the Magical Police and the Government of Russia in their pocket. Jack made a mental note to look into the matter later. Then shot a keen glance over Sky. Next time, she should be levitating her own belongings in future. Or she may find her very own belongings bursting into flames. Or freezing solid. Or turning into some foul smelling ooze. The possibilities were endless.

"Christi, there was something I wanted to talk to you about. About last year, you know, the book..." He had to stop himself from shyly turning his gaze away. He couldn't very well let Sky seem him blush or anything of the sort. He would never hear the end of it. "Do you think we could make some time later to talk about that... Book." He hoped that Christi would understand what he was trying to covertly talk about.

Delilah Rose Windsor

Delilah shrugged, "Dreadfully boring without the hi-jinks of Hogwarts. " She mused. "And yours?" Delilah asked. She closed her book and placed it carefully back into her bag. She shivered slightly, and pulled the fleece blanket she had tighter around her. "In fact the only thing I didn't miss about Hogwarts is how in-damnably cold I am constantly till the end of the year. " She continued to watch Ethan, studying him almost. Though they were in the same year, and had many classes together, her own studying had gotten in the way of her becoming too close to any of her peers. She knew most of them by name of course, and had a general outline of their personalities, but as far as any special qualities or quirks they might have, she was completely clueless. So as far as she was concerned, she might as well take the opportunity to get to know Ethan now, before her head was once again stuck in her studies.

Alexey Solovjev ~~
Alexey glanced at Sky, amazed.
"That's great! It may be weak at first, but eventually non-wand magic is as powerful, or even more powerful, than wand magic" Alex said with a look of an expert, continuing shortly afterwards "In Russia, and some other Slavic countries, people usually carry around set of runes, to increase and add various magical effects to spells. But they are usually use for toddlers to learn basic magic, since they can't usually cast various spells."
Alex got up, taking big book out of luggage with cat - cat hissed, since Alex disturbed it's sleep.
"Sorry Gellert!" Alex said quickly, as cat glanced angrily on him, it's tail hitting walls of luggage hardly.
"Anyways, here it is - Magic Almanac. Since for you, Sky, normal spells are quite weak, you can imagine certain rune from Slavic or Celtic, whatever your choice is, mythology, and your magic will take elemental or non-elemental form of rune you were thinking about... Sorry if it's complicated - normal magical studies don't normally include non-wand magic as independent technique. But, you can try to use Latin spells instead." Alex paused, adding "Actually, you can say word of effect you want to get, and it will turn into a spell in non-wand magic - it's very complicated"
Russian opened book, quickly finding theme about Slavic runes.
"Okay... Let me show you" Alex waved hand in the air, whispering something very quickly. Around his hand appeared thin red aura, as Fire bursted out of center of his palm, rising up, and then extinguishing itself.

Caspian had eventually fallen asleep, right in his compartment. It was quite easy, in all honesty, to just curl up in the seat and lean his head against the window. Plus, he was exhausted to begin with, so why wouldn't he take control of the opportunity that he could take a nap? His breathing grew shallower as his eyes closed. He didn't snore, but small huffs could be heard from him. If anyone else was in the compartment, anyway.

-

Aleksander quickly grew bored of being all alone, with nothing to do, and he whined softly. If he had his orca, everything would be good. So, after a while, he wandered out of his compartment and looked around, an obvious anxious expression on his face. He wondered if there was anyone he would pass by that he could talk to?

-

rip for smol

~Christi and Sky~
Interaction: Jack Esther ((@Petricus Euryale)) and Alexey Solovjey ((@RecentlyInsaneRussian))​
Christi was clever, but only to an extent. She got that Jack was trying to hint at something, but at what, she had no clue. She, she smiled. "I don't recall the book you're talking about, but we can talk about it later. I'm sure you'll remind me of what I've forgotten." She replied softly. It was all she could do at this point. She couldn't outright ask since he clearly wanted to keep this between the two of them. So, she'd wait.

"Oh wow....." Sky muttered as she watched the flame. For her everything was set in curses, jinxes, hexes, and spells. What was it her mother had told her? Magic was wanting something and then wanting oneself have it? So maybe...? She pulled a hardback book out of her bag and simply stared at it.... and continued to stare at it. What felt like ages later, but was actually only a few minutes, it grew a long fluffy tail, four small legs with paws, and lifted its tiny, white head from its tiny white body and meowed. "Holy hell...." Sky muttered, looking at the fluffy white kitten in her lap. Talk about letting herself have it.

~Ethan~
Interaction: Delilah Rose Windsor ((@Timber. ))
Ethan chuckled. "I got into some trouble with a few muggle friends, but that about it. I just with they could come here with me some years." He finished with a sigh Justin, D,J, Jake, and Gabe had been his friends since he was little and it was always hard leaving them behind and lying to them.

~Tyler~
Interaction: Caspian Beauchamp ((@Yewitz ))
Tyler was being chased once more. He chuckled under his breath as he tucked more plundered chocolate frogs under his robes. Finally, he ducked into a compartment and slammed the door, not caring who was in there and breathed a sigh of relief. It took him a moment, but he noticed the compartment was occupied. By a Slytherin, no less. Wonderful. "Hey you, what's your name?" Tyler knew they were in the same year. That didn't mean he had to know his name.​

Caspian woke up very quickly when the compartment door was slammed shut, and he visibly flinched, before turning to look at the person who'd entered the small compartment. "Ow, I'm hurt, why do you have to be so mean?" He whined, rubbing at his eyes after a moment. "You're questions pierce my heart with that tone of voice. But- Anyway," A grin quickly appeared on the boys face, and he sat up straight and held out his hand, completely unaware that the stranger was hiding various items under his robes, "My name's Caspian, Caspian Beauchamp."

-

rip skips alek he just wanderin and judging people probably

-

@Helena Sky

rip I forgot to tag

~Jack~
Interaction: Christi Bailling and Sky-Anne Tillany (@Helena Sky), and Alexey Solojev (@RecentlyInsaneRussian)
"O-okay," Jack replied simply. For a moment his attention was stolen by the white cat in Sky's lap. "Don't you already have a cat exactly like that?" he asked. "

He made another mental note, this one to check the library at Hogwarts for a book on hand signs and casting without magical implementations. Though the power increase and control of a wand was indisputable, hand signs had a long list of their own benefits. Runes that can turn simple spells into more complex ones would save hours of studying. He would just have to make or buy or acquire a small stockpile of runes. Not to mention that the speed of casting by hand was much faster. But it would out him back at square one. His magic would be just as useless as the first years until he became more adept.​

Alexey Solovjev ~~
"Yeah, like that! Non-wand magic can also be cast through stare, as shown right now by Sky. I also tried to shape-shift with non-wand magic... Well... It's adept, so you can accidentally make your limbs fall off." He commented, holding journal above his hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.