Just a Glitch| SolemnOath ++ Teacup

T

Teacup

Original poster
His former victim had managed to somehow get away, how was that possible? Ben was steaming, his black hole eyes were narrowed, his teeth gritting. His pale hands were clenched into fists as he stared through the data screen into the empty apartment. The sound of data swirling and beeping soothed him to an extent. It was fine though, because he would find them, and make them suffer. The demon was tempted to sleep until he found that familiar tug of someone playing his game, but something caught his attention.

People were in the room, bringing in furniture causing Ben to squint. The guy just left and now another was moving in? This was marvelous, the game was right there and humans had curiosity issues. A grin split his face, all he had to do is wait. A new plaything would await him. His hands touched the screen of the TV he was hiding in. He had already been so close to being free, he had been trapped in his game once again after and unfortunate circumstance. Lets say he pissed off a few people in the underrealm and he ended up having to find a way back out.

All he had to do was wait for the right time. The perfect time. A deep laughter when unheard by the staff moving in the belongings.

@SolemnOath

"Alice, Alice.....A...Let....." An exasperated sigh left the lips of the new resident of the apartment as she leaned against the wall in the main living room. Her ear to her phone as she remained out of the way of the movers who were hard at work putting things in their requested spots. Lightly rubbing her forehead, the girl listened as he phone ranted, rather loudly, on the other end of the line. For, she had wanted her best friend to stay at the college campus, and even now she was adamant on getting Sara to return there. Something said girl wasn't interested in doing. After all, she found living on campus was just too much of pain. So when she learned that she could get a place like this? For cheap? Well she wasted no time in getting the place~

"Are you done now?" Sara asked, a small mirthful chuckle leaving her lips as silence finally fell onto her friend's lips. "Listen Alice, this place is great. I'm only 15 minutes away from campus, there are sooooo many restaurants around here as well. Some of them I heard are cheap but amazing. And we both know, I'm one ramen cup away from strangling you~" Pushing off the wall she waved the movers goodbye as they finished their job. "Not to mention this place is so cheap! A place like this on average would be meant for the rich. Buuut because of...um...reasons. Its cheaper and right in my budget~"

Moving from the hallway she walked over to her bed room to get things put away and such, while still listening to her friend. "Ya I know what happened to the last person. I'm just not telling you because you have the weakest of stomachs~Look Alice, I got to go okay? Need to unpack and explore and such. I promise to invite you over when I've settled down and learn where I can hide stuff got it? I'll see you later.... Bye~" With a shake of her head she removed her phone from her ear and turned it off. Stuffing this in her pocket she looked around her room and gave herself a firm nod of determination. "Okay! Just unpack everything, and then I can enjoy...whatever there is to enjoy out here!" With a small woop, she gave a confident smile as she set to work on unpacking everything.
~~~~
About two hours Sara had unpacked basically everything. Her sheets, clothes, school books and a few kitchen stuff. She was even able to get a few things semi organized....well as organized as someone like her would get. "Hahaha being nearly broke has its upsides, for instance don't take me a year to unpack everything~" She said brightly as she stretched a bit. Once she did that she smiled as she took off her headphones, now letting them hang around her neck. "Now that's done, time for some enjoyment."
Leaving her room, she moved to the living room where she had man the amazing discovering of not only an old computer, but a TV and an N64 as well. Sure, far from high tech. But they were FREE! The last person didn't take it and the person that was here before didn't have anyone to claim the items. Soooo She got two things that would cost her so much for just nothing~ Sure she would have to pay for internet and such, but meh that's for later.

"Lets see, I don't have internet just yet, so I guess that only leaves me with the N64 really. I hope this thing actually works~" She said with a hum as she went over to the TV. Doing a once over, she made sure all the wires were connected and the TV was plugged in. "Okay preparations are complete, now for the real test." Going over to the N64 she went to see if there were any games, and if so how many. Upon only finding one she gave a small shrug. "Well, at least there's one game~And its a pretty good one to." She said brightly with a small snicker.

Once she placed the game in the N64, she turned both that and the TV on. Grabbing the remote she sat down on the floor (for she currently lacked chairs...and a table...and a lot of things), and waited for it all to boot up, in hopes this game actually worked.

Ben had became bored watching all the people move things in and out, in and out. It literally hypnotized him to sleep. It was only when he felt a tugging in his gut did he know someone was playing his game. He opened his eyes and the cartridge he was possessing was in use. It was a strange feeling that it took a long time for him to get used to. He heard that familiar sound of the Nintendo. For now he would just watch. Lull her with a sense of security and then bam he would appear.

When the game booted up the save file under the name of BEN would still be there. He remembered how he was almost finished with the game, until THEY took his life away. He wondered how this girl would scream, how her face would contort with terror. He would be bliss to the glitch. He lost his humanity a long time ago. A little toying here, a little fear here. He would drive her to insanity and he wouldn't even have to get his hands dirty.

For now it would be up to her to make the first move. Set his game in motion and then the fun would begin. It always started like this, it would always end the same way. Though something different about this girl struck him, he wasn't sure and he wasn't going to think on it too much. She would be gone soon and that feeling would go with it.

"Oh? So the last person here did play this game? Wonder why they left it." Sara asked with a soft hum when she noticed there was a saved file already. With the name BEN plastered on it. She didn't click the file right away, but instead debated about what to do. Tilting her head to side to side as she brought her knees up to her chest she tried to figure out if she should bother checking out the saved file. Or just go ahead and make a new one.

Eventually curiosity won over her and with that she clicked on the saved file. Once the game loaded up, she began to look around to see how much progress was done. "Hm? The owner of this file got pretty far? Psh, the guy must have had a forgetful mind or lost interest." Shrugging a bit she continued to mess around on that file before exiting out of it. Though it was cool that the file was almost done with the game, she much preferred to start from scratch rather than play on someone elses file. After all whats the fun in a video game if you let someone else do all the hard work??

Creating her new file she stopped for a moment when it came to figuring out a name. "....Gooods, names." She muttered under her breath. Just as she was about to write the name down her phone rang. Letting out an exasperated sigh she put the controller down and reached for her phone. At the sight of the caller ID she couldn't help but roll her eyes, as it was once again her friend who called earlier. "Yes I'm still in the apartment, no, no one has tried to break in." Putting the phone at her hear and holding it with her shoulder she once more picked up the controller so she could play. "Right now I'm tryin to figure out what on earth I'm going to call this file. No I'm not using my name. Its Link, you know a guy? They are going to be calling him.... Maybe I'll just name it BEN2 or something? I never said I was original."

A light laugh left her as her friend gave her several possible names, all of which certainly didn't work. "I guess I'll just stick with Link." With that she put the name in and started up the game. As she played she continued to chat with Alice, though for the most part her eyes stuck with the game she was playing. Much to her surprise, the game worked pretty damn good. Sure there were a few bugs, but that's to be expected in a game like this. "Hey, I'm going to hang up now. The game is getting good, yes I played it several times before. But let me embrace the nostalgia~Food? I'll get some...laterish. Okay, bye...ya talk to you later." With that she hung her phone up and put it to her side before looking back at the screen.

She continued to play, but the further she got into the game the more noticeable the bugs became. One of which being the name that NPCs used. For they kept calling her character, BEN, rather thank Link. "That...something?" She mumbled with a light shrug as she kept playing. It didn't bother her that much, but the fact it kept happening was odd to say the least. She hadn't heard of a bug like this before. "First time for everything I guess...??"