Just a Cocky Brat to Grow Up Strong

The kid managed to knock down about twelve before starting his climb down.
He was pretty proud of himself for managing to find food in a forest!
That much was pretty obvious when he dropped from one of the higher branches to land in a crouch.
Ignoring the apples that had fallen for the moment he ran over to his knight which seemed to be picking berries?
"Are those...blueberries?"
The prince had never really had them, opting to go for apples or something else instead.
They smelled to sour for him when he was offered one as a kid so he naturally grew an aversion to the fruit.

Well, I don't like them but that doesn't mean I can't help pick them at least...
Reaching over he grabbed one that wasn't quite ripe, plucking it from the bush before reaching for another bad one.
Guess he needs to learn a bit about when to take something and when to leave it be.

Anton heard the boy climb down from the tree and then glanced over at him. He watched, in silence, for a while as he noticed the berries Senna was picking were the ones he'd been avoiding. Moving over to kneel beside him, Anton picked a bad one and a good one.
"Here." He showed the boy the two, "If it's really dark and squishy, leave it. The ripe ones are nice and firm." He smirked at the possible innuendo from what he said but doubted the bot would ever pick up on it; at least it was true though.

"But it's ok. I've got enough now anyway. I'm sure will find more fruits along the way, no doubt." He got to his feet and, using the broad leaf he'd found on a nearby plant, he carried them back up the small hill towards the cave. Hopefully with the morning sun it wouldn't take too long for their clothes to finish drying.

The boy looked over as Anton knelt besides him.
Wait...his berries where bad? Why?
After said explanation he frowned and dropped his arm'sfull of fruit onto the ground.
Well that was embarrassing.
As Anton got up Senna mimicked, following him back to the cave while pouting silently.
Oh well, he still found the good apples! He knew what those looked like ripe!

Kneeling down besides the clothes he pressed his hand to them.
"Almost dry? I think maybe a few more minutes and we should be okay to redress?"

Anton followed Senna back to the cave, being careful not to squash the berries as he carried the leaf. Glancing at the boy and his comment about the clothes, Anton was incredibly doubtful. Setting the leaf down gently so the fruit wouldn't roll away, he then walked over to the prince and checked out the clothing. His own, which was of a thicker material was further off from being dry than Senna's. Typical.

"Yours will be. Give it a little while longer and I suppose we should be fine to leave." He swallowed, only then realizing how thirsty he was, though just in case it got Senna whining about how thirsty he was too, Anton said nothing of it. He then walked over to the entrance of the cave where there was more sunlight, and sitting down he lent back against the wall, relaxing a little. May as well while they were still waiting, though he didn't like the feeling of being naked for so long and in a place that he was unaware of the creatures that lurked in it.

The prince frowned a the knowledge of their clothes taking awhile longer.
He wasn't someone who liked staying still for any given period of time.
When the other swallowed he noticed the slightly uncomfortable signs of being thirsty and grinned.
"I know where there's water."
Smug little prince sounded like he was trying to be all high and mighty.
Guess he was just happy he was useful...

"There's a stream I think a hundred yards back. I heard the rain splashing into it the other day when we were heading here."
He had also seen it but eh, that wasn't really worth mentioning to him.
Water was water and he knew where it was.
So, without really bothering to ask Senna headed out of the cave and started jogging towards the watersource.

Rolling his eyes, Anton wondered sometimes why he bothered staying around; especially now. But then he was the type that would feel guilty for leaving his charge alone and mostly defenseless. He had a job to do, even if there was no King to order him to continue doing so, and that job was to protect Senna under any circumstance. This also classified.

Anton watched the prince once again head off by himself. For a few minutes, the knight stayed where he was. Letting Senna run about on his own for a while wouldn't do any harm, and so far he hadn't had any odd feelings that anything bad would happen. If they were going to be heading into the next Kingdom, Anton knew he would have to either drum it out of the boy or at least help him to hide it; that he was a prince, that was. If the boy's father got word that he was still alive and living in the protection of another kingdom, things could get even more ugly. He slowly turned, and began to head in the direction he'd watched Senna head off in, attempting to go and follow him to the apparent water source.

Once Senna got to the water source he turned to see Anton...
Or at least he thought Anton was following him.
When he noticed the other was far far behind he frowned and pouted.
Well then!

Senna vanished as Anton stepped into the small clearing around the stream.
When he stopped by the bank however the boy jumped out of no where, literally.
He jumped down from a tree overhead, grabbing onto Anton's back tightly like a little monkey.
"Gotchu!"

Not at all surprised that he couldn't find Senna once he reached the clearing, Anton was surprised when the boy came and landed on his back. With a tumble forwards so he landed on his hands and knees, the brunette gave a slight grunt before he caught his balance.
"Mmm, indeed you have." He laughed softly, "Now, would you like to get off me..?" It was quite the awkward situation.

Senna was busy laughing playfully.
He didn't usually get to have fun at the palace cause his father was so uptight before so now it was starting to come out.
"Dun wannaaa." He cooed, grabbing Anton around the shoulders so he wouldn't fall off.

Hmm...
I think someone was watching them...
Yeah, totally someone watching them from the bushes across the stream.

((Please forgive my lack of a reply ._. I feel bad xD Though I hope your move went well.))
~~

Anton had been about to stand up properly and put his arms behind him to support the boy's backside when he once again remembered they were both totally nude. And then he felt the sudden feeling of eyes on him and he immediately shifted so that, even despite the boy's grip around him, he managed to pry him off and in some way that he himself couldn't quite figure out how he managed, Anton used himself as a sort of cover shield over Senna.
"Shh." He hushed softly, his tone quiet but serious and his position over him was protective.

"Who's there?" Knowing that his and Senna's presence was known, Anton figure it couldn't hurt to call out an inquiry. If someone had somehow managed to follow them, he was unarmed though if their watcher was also unarmed he would have no problem defending his young prince; if they carried a weapon, than it would depend on what it was if he would be able to fight back. Though perhaps it was someone from the neighboring kingdom..? Hopefully he would find out soon enough.

(lol tsall good)

Senna was about to fight back his sudden position change when four guys came out of the forest.
Two held bows trained on Anton, the other two wielded daggers.
The kid yipped and fell quiet abruptly, shrinking back against Anton more.

"Hmmmm. What have we got here? Two naked gents taken a dip on our land?"
The three others laughed as what-seemed like to be the leader stepped forward.
Senna bit his lip to keep from speaking.
He wanted to tell the man off but that would just get them in worse trouble.
"Since ye obviously have no money on you two...I think we can make a deal..."
His eyes lowered to Senna and he licked his lips.
"Tell ya what, big guy. Give us the kid, and you can go scotch free.
Good deal, yeah?"

With a low growl in his throat, Anton didn't care that he and Senna were naked; he could take on a couple of bows and daggers, he'd just have to be strategic about it.
"Though I highly doubt this is your land," He snipped, though he didn't yet get to his feet, "And it is certainly not a good deal. If anyone even lays a hand on him, you'll all be hanging upside down from the trees - or dead, either way." Anton's tone held a great level of warning as he glared up at the other men, gauging their builds and their weapons so he could calculate it in his mind how he could go about flogging them and keeping Senna safe at the same time.

There was also the fact he wasn't entirely sure if there would be more of these imbeciles around and with that thought he didn't want to risk telling Senna to run. He waited, instead, patiently, for the mens' reactions. He could only hope that Senna didn't decide to make a run for it and there were other men.

The black haired boy looked up and sneered at the guards.
They think they can just try to take the prince of the freaking kingdom?!
Banished or not he was royalty and royalty didn't go down without a fight!
Hence...he is totally charging the other males with a rather loud scream.

"Oh ho. Looks like we just gotta take em."
The larger of the four leaned over and tried to snatch Senna up as he got to him but the boy dodged around and kneed the man right between the legs, then aimed a roundhouse kick towards the second guy.

(can control the dudes if wanted)

Though not at all what Anton had been expecting of the lad, he couldn't help but smile as he used Senna's distraction to take out the other pair. Thankfully the men were in a confused state, obviously not having been expecting the boy to run forwards and attack their buddies, so it made it easier for Anton to relieve them of their weapons; a dagger and a bow lay on the ground a few mere seconds later. The dagger, however, quickly found it's way into Anton's hand after he managed to knock both of the guy's out by smacking their heads together. He then turned to get a good look at how Senna was going.

He'd tried to not let the boy out of his sight but getting the two bozos out of the way had been a priority that would overall make it easier to deal with the remaining pair. There had certainly been no way what so ever that he would have given Senna over to them. They'd have to kill him - or maybe just really badly injure him - to ever get their hands on him. It was Anton's job to keep the prince safe, but he admired the kid and had a partial soft-spot for him that made it more than just his job.

The kid was just finishing off the second guy when Anton retrieved the dagger from the ground.
He was panting and had a big bruise around his left eye but the other two guys were laying at his feet.
"ANTON!! Didja see! I beat them up good!"
Senna ran over to his guard with a huge smile on his face and eyes shining.
"I totally kicked butt! That's what they get for trying to steal me!"
His eyes quickly caught sight of the bow on the floor and he snatched it up.
"Sweet! I love archery!"

Heh, he was totally smirking now.
"Next ones that come along I'll shoot em between the eyes."

Anton stood in front of him and with a smile put a hand on his shoulder,
"Yes, I did. And you were great. Now, I think our clothes will be dry and we can get moving before we run into anymore of these types of guys." He knew that the boy needed praise after such odd happenings lately. But he liked to praise him anyway; for some reason, even if he was feeding Senna's ego, it made him smile.

"Mmm, I don't doubt it either. You're a good shot." Anton ruffled the prince's hair with an affectionate smile, "Now, shall we somehow collect some of this water and then get back to our clothes? Surely one of these guys would have something on him useful enough to carry water in." He got back down on his knees, quickly searching over the men for some sort of water bag or anything similar.

Oh boy did that grow the kid's ego.
But, he also humbled slightly and ran his fingers through his hair.
"You helped..."
With a slight smile he knelt down and helped search, eventually holding up two small water pouches.
"Looks like they were going to fill them here. Guess we can do it for them, heh."

Tossing one to Anton he quickly went over to the stream and crouched, dipping his in the water to fill it, then taking a long drink before topping it off once more.
"There. Now let's get back to our clothes, I don't really like being naked outside."

Nodding after filling the water pouch at Senna's statement of being naked outside - he was with the kid on that, he wasn't fond of it either, but it was out of necessity - Anton got to his feet and began to head back to the cave. Thankfully the sun had stayed on their clothes so they were now entirely dry and ready to be worn again.
"Perfect."

After setting the water pouch down and dressing swiftly, Anton soon enough returned to being his less-relaxed more-protective self. He tied the water pouch to his belt before he went to the mouth of the cave to re-collect the food they'd gathered earlier so they'd be able to take them when they were ready to leave. He also re-equipped his sword and then slid the newly-acquired dagger into a safe spot near it.
"Ready when you are, sir." Sometimes he just loved to tease, even on the job. Being that Senna was a decent bit younger than him, Anton often liked to use more superior titles for the young prince like 'sir' rather than master, which sound far too slave-bound for his liking, though sometimes... Their relationship could be summed up as that, when he came to think of it.a

Senna headed back to camp and dressed as well.
The warmth that had coated his clothes from the sun felt amazing and he couldn't help sighing as he redressed.
"Mmm, that feels so much better."
Tying on the water pouch he turned to see Anton, fully dressed and addressing him.
"Mhph. It's just Senna now.
You're not my guard or my, anything else anymore so don't call me that stuff."

He felt awkward saying that his servant was no long his servant but that's just how it was.
There was nothing keeping Anton from leaving. He wasn't getting paid and he wasn't getting anything else in return for his services.
"I guess we should be off..."
Turning he hopped down from the mouth of the cave and started heading in the direction they needed to go.
Or...was it the direction? I think he needs a map...

The boy had a point, but none the less Anton felt obliged.
"I'm still going to protect you, no matter what." He shook his head, smirking as Senna couldn't figure out which way they needed to go. With a hand on the boy's shoulder for a moment, he looked around.
"This way." He'd marked off in his mind where the cave had been in respect to the tree they'd hidden in at first yesterday during the rain to restore his sense of direction.

"You're welcome to go and climb a tree if you really want to double check, though." He laughed softly, figuring that would be something that would be quite up the boy's ally.