Just a Cocky Brat to Grow Up Strong

Senna blinked up at Anton as he came inside.
The light from outside was very slim in the back of the cave and barely gave him enough vision to see his knight approach.
When he spoke his voice sounded much closer and louder than before, causing a slight flinch in the kid.
"Y-your clothes are soaked..."
He'd actually been drying off after taking his own and setting them aside.
You were freezing for the first few minutes but then you warmed up a bit without all the water pressed against your skin.

"I suppose they are..." Anton mused softly, wishing that there was some type of light that could show him if there was any firewood or something flammable lying around that would allow them to create a fire. Alas, there was no such light and the flashes of lightning didn't reach far back enough in the cave. Deciding to toy with the kid's brain just a little, Anton cocked his head slightly,
"So I'm presuming that you would like me to remove them?" He asked as if he were asking a more normal question. "Very well." Barely giving Senna a chance to reply anyway, Anton stood and removed his shirt for starters, and then his boots and pants before he sat down once again; though he was now feeling more cold than he had with the wet clothes on, due to the fact his skin was still wet, the man knew that it would be a slightly-more healthy option to not keep the clothes on.

The kid's face flushed in confusion and slight embarrassment.
But, at least it was really dark and he could barely see outlines if anything at all.
"Y.......yes....?"
He heard the clothing come off, the shirt and pants drop to the dusty ground and the boots squeak off his feet.
However, now that Anton was naked and warmth to cuddle with Senna just couldn't bring himself to move forward.
What the heck was he even thinking?
Anton was his knight and did as he told! Why was he against snuggling now if it would warm them both up??

Shaking his head with a sigh the boy scooted closer, reaching out carefully to try and find where Anton had sat down.

Anton behaved himself physically and verbally, though mentally was another story entirely as he allowed his imagination to have some silent fun for a while. With a soft chuckle at the boy's stuttered answer, he then heard him try and make his way around.
"I'm here." He held his arm out, a hand coming to wrap gently around Senna's... Wrist. It took him a few seconds to figure it out but it was definitely the boy's wrist. He then continued to pull the boy down, beside him though.
"If you feel at all uncomfortable I can figure something else out." He offered softly, hoping that in being polite he wouldn't accidentally scare him.

Senna quickly rebounded when he was pulled next to Anton.
"Your my knight...why would I b-be uncomfortable??"
His wrist still felt hot from when it was grabs moments before and as he adjusted to lean up against Anton his entire body started to heat up with the combined warmth.
A soft sigh slipped from Senna's lips as he relaxed against the other.
"This isn't a bad storm anymore..."
As in he could manage being in the cave with Anton but still...
"I never thought I'd be in this situation but I'm glad your still with me."

Being as non-invasive as possible, Anton gently placed an arm over Senna's shoulders, just to help give the boy some extra warmth.
"Well I suppose if you felt anything you would tell me. Like you normally do. So forget I said anything." He chuckled though his tone was teasing and playful for a few seconds, before going back to normal,
"And as for the storm... It still sounds like it'll be around for a while though. Let's just try to stay warm; though I think we'll be staying here over night. And unfortunately with no food." He let out a sigh as his gaze fell towards the opening of the cave, watching the water pour down.

At the mention of no dinner Senna grumbled, turning into the arm around him so his words were muffled.
"Stupid father....stupid peasants...."
His stomach growled to add to that, the cave echoing the sound in the enclosed space.
He knew Anton was probably laughing at him on the inside and opened his mouth, biting the others' arm lightly in annoyance.
"I'll show all of them one day...I'll be strong enough to take on everyone..."
His voice was slowly getting quieter as he sank into sleep.

Anton felt rather sorry for the boy. He'd known him for a long enough time to have mostly figured him out and the fact that the King had been a rather dodgy ruler and had rubbed that off onto Senna didn't help the boy's attitude, and neither did the loss of his mother. And now their current situation... He snapped out of his thoughts as he felt Senna's teeth bite into his arm - though it didn't hurt.
"I'm sure you will." Anton smirked a little, not at all having any doubts of what the boy said - though how long it took him to get there would be a different matter, but one that he hoped he would at least be along for the ride for. Figuring that Senna had a good idea, Anton lent back against the cave wall that was a comfortable distance behind them, and followed the young prince's lead into sleep.

The boy awoke first to the faint hint of light reaching in to them from the cave mouth.
"Mmm?"
He was about to start shouting for his knight to help get him changed and cleaned up when everything came crashing back to him.
They were in the middle of the woods a good few miles from the castle where he'd nearly gotten killed the day before.
Well, that was just wonderful.

Senna took in a deep breath and sighed quietly, standing up and stretching arms up over his head till he felt a few cracks.
Ew...he never had those sounds from sleeping in his bed!
The kid headed to the front of the cave, squinting a bit in the morning sun.
It was still overcast, warning another rainstorm but it was far off and they should have at least a few hours of walking before it started to drizzle.
A glint of red caught his attention and Senna turned abruptly, ready to fight but then he noticed exactly what it was and his face lit up.
"Apples!"

A huge apple tree stood not thirty feet from the cave and the boy quickly rand own the slope and up to the tree.
Now, climbing was definitely not his best suite but within about twenty minutes he managed to get his naked butt all the way up to where the fruit was hanging and knocked down seven apples before slipping from a lower branch into a pile of leaves.
Oh well, he got seven at least and boy was his stomach wanting them!

With a determined look across his brow the young prince scooped up his bounty and headed back towards the cave to share breakfast with Anton and to show off his find.

Snoring ever so lightly, Anton didn't stir in the slightest when Senna had woken up and dashed out of the cave. In fact he was still out of it entirely as the boy had come back. He'd slept incredibly uncomfortably but that wasn't surprising considering the ground he was on, but it was still a deep sleep non the less. He rolled over, facing the wall of the cave, his back and butt in full view of anyone who were to bother looking down at him.

~~
((sorry its a tad small.))

(heheh, that's what she said)

Senna stopped above Anton, eying his backside with a smirk.
kneeling down he set all the apples on their clothes from yesterday, then grabbed one cold and wet one and pressed it to the other man's butt.
What? He was still a little brat!
"Wake uuuup Mr. Knight!"
Oh yes, that's what you get for not being awake when Senna picks you apples!

If Anton had had his sword on him, or any sort of sharp dagger-like object, Senna would have come incredibly close to getting hurt. Thankfully he didn't, so when the cold apple was pressed against a sensitive area of skin he jolted awake; the worst he could do was swing his arm around in a defending manner, and when he did it he thankfully just missed hitting the young prince.

"You little..." He growled; Anton was not the best person to wake up when he was sleeping and especially not in an unusual and abrupt manner like Senna had just decided to do. He sat up, staring unhappily at the boy for a few moments before his expression relaxed and he let out a sigh.
"Thank you, Senna..." He spoke through gritted teeth.

Senna giggled loudly as the other awoke, nearly smacking him across the face.
"Hehe! I got youuu!"
He hopped up to his feet and took a bit bite out of the butt apple.
Yeah, he didn't care if it was on the others backside.
"I got a bunch so eat breakfast."
Senna nodded towards the clothing were the apples were piled with a cocky grin.

Anton shook his head as he shook off his grumpy attitude and got to his feet slowly, stretching as he did so.
"And I'm to believe that you climbed an apple tree absolutely..." He briefly gave the boy a look up and down, "Butt naked?" He chuckled as he walked over to the entrance of the cave and picked up an apple.
"We should be able to get to the other kingdom today, or tomorrow. Depends on how long the rain stays away. But we can't go until our clothes are dry anyway which means we need to put them out in what sun there is."

A faint blush spread across Senna's face at the mention of climbing a tree naked but that was indeed exactly what he'd done.
"I-I did! I climbed the huge tree outside!" He pointed towards the exit for emphasis.
"A-and anyways...I look good naked, I'm a prince after all!"
There was a bit of cockiness still left, good.

"Alright, once they're dry I'd like to get going right away.
When we get to the city we can..."
Shat...he didn't have any money. What exactly could they do?
He would have to work...just to have a place to sleep!!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Anton simply laughed as he turned to look at the boy,
"Yes, you do." He murmured to himself as he licked apple juice from his lips after taking a bite. He then turned to look back outside, keeping himself under control. He listened to Senna ramble on about leaving as soon as the clothes were dry and then trail off.

"There's a pouch in my pant's pocket. It's not much but it'll be enough for a place to stay and for some food for a couple of days." Anton walked back into the back of the cave and over to their clothes; they needed to go outside anyway. He picked them up, took the pouch of money out and tossed it at the boy, and headed back out to the sun.
"And don't worry, I won't make you work or anything. I'll do all that sort of stuff." Anton highly doubted that the boy would know how to work anyway, even if his life was depending on it like it sort of was.

Senna's face lit up at the mention of money.
He wouldn't have to sleep in a cave on dirty nasty rocks again!! Yay!
Er...wait.
"I-I will work too!!"
Oh yes, he wasn't going to just let Anton do all the work. It sounded like the knight was making fun of him (even if he totally wasn't)
The boy's mind always took someone elses words as mocking and thus, he tossed the pouch of money back to Anton and crossed his arms over his naked chest.
"Save the money for real emergency. I'm sure we can find someone who will let us sleep at their place in turn for work."
There were quite a bit of peasants who did that so hopefully they could find one before sundown.

"Hmm...can we carry our clothes and start walking?"
He really did want that bed, especially if he was gonna have to work for it.
They could just carry their clothing.

Shaking his head as he caught the thrown-back pouch, Anton knew this was going to be a difficult time.
"Well, do as you please then. I was simply going to save you from hurting yourself in the end." He stated calmly. It was simply due to Anton's gentle nature that he was able to put up with the stubborn and cocky Prince. Had he been as hot-tempered as some other guards and knights, he may not have survived as long as he had done.

"They won't dry properly if you carry them. It'll be quicker if we just lay them out for an hour and let them dry properly and then get moving. Besides, we can use this time to gather more food for when we start off again." Anton explained logically, doubting that Senna would have survived out here without him - or even gotten out of the castle alive.

The kid puffed up his cheeks in agitation but eventually nodded his agreement.
Heh! And he knew just were to get more food too! The little nude survivalist!
He turned and bolted down the small ridge from the mouth of the cave.
Landing in some slightly overgrown grass the kid made his way downhill a few more meters before finding the apple tree.
With a satisfied smirk he hopped up, grabbing one of the branches before pulling his meager weight up onto it.
Then he was going higher and higher until he was up where the bushels grew.
Now then, just a bit of shaking andddd...apples were falling like a drizzle, plopping down onto the ground every few seconds.
Yay!

Whilst Senna ran off to get more food, Anton gathered their clothes and laid them out in the sunlight before wondering off down to where the prince was getting more apples. By the end of the day he was counting on the fact they would be sick of apples and wouldn't eat them for however long after.

Standing clear of those that were falling, Anton chose to have a look around the smaller bushes for berries. Sure they weren't as filling as what apples were but they were certainly more flavorsome and would add a little oomph to their day. He discovered a small blueberry bush, and began to gather some, often looking over and up to check on Senna's safety; if the boy were to fall, he wanted to make sure he could get to his rescue in time.