[Data Expunged]
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Modern, all with a blend or grounded slightly in Realism
Well, this proves to be somewhat amusing...

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO133130/

BOSTON -- Duty calls for an East Boston resident.

Someone is getting called for jury duty...but it's no human.

A family is trying to figure out how their pet cat was summonsed for jury duty.

“I said, Sal, what’s this? You know, I don’t believe it I was shocked,” said Guy Esposito, Sal’s owner.

Sal’s owners, Guy and Anna Esposito, think they may know the source of the mix up: Sal really is a member of the family, so on the last Census form, Anna Esposito listed him under
“pets”.

“I just wrote ‘Sal Esposito’, scratched out the ‘dog,’ and wrote, ‘cat,’” said Anna.

Anna filed for Sal’s disqualification of service. However, the jury commissioner was unmoved and denied the request.

Sal’s service date at Suffolk Superior Court is set for March 23. Anna said that if the issue isn’t cleared up by then, she will simply have to bring the cat to court.

So... shall I file my cat on my next Census sheet in hopes that he gets jury duty as well?

THAT'S HELARIOUS But seriously... what are they gonna do about a CAT?

"Now, Mr. Esposito, do you know the defendant or have you heard any details of this case from media outlets?"

"Meow?"

That's hilarious! XD Are they going to arrest the cat if he doesn't show up for jury duty?

no, just appeal it to a high court due to 11 HIGHLY incompetent jury members, and one cat.

Haha, wow. I wonder why the jury commissioner denied the request.

I bet the cat is a racist too.