Jurassic World

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the movie last night. It was pretty good. Lots of action. Good effects. My husband fell asleep through it but he didn't care much for the first one either so that's that. But I really enjoyed myself.

Reactions: Maddeline
Mixed feelings about the movie. I thought that most of the action was dull, and that the movie needed more drama, but they just killed a few people on screen and that's it. But I think that the 5 Euros I've spent on the movie were still worth it. Also,some of you mentioned that besides a non human creature there was 1 character returning from the previous movie(s). Who was it?

Mixed feelings about the movie. I thought that most of the action was dull, and that the movie needed more drama, but they just killed a few people on screen and that's it. But I think that the 5 Euros I've spent on the movie were still worth it. Also,some of you mentioned that besides a non human creature there was 1 character returning from the previous movie(s). Who was it?
The t rex is supposed to be the same t rex from Jurassic Park, scars from the fight with the raptors at the end of JP and all. The human character that returned is Dr. Wu, the Asian scientist.

I'm in love with the movie. I saw it twice in theaters and managed to download a bootleg copy of it so as of last night I've seen it a total of 6 times. Needless to say I'm a bit infatuated with the whole thing. Especially the raptors.

I just got back from seeing it, absolutely loved it. Chris Pratt is quite possibly one of my favorite actors; I thought his character's relationship with the raptors was awe inspiring and even a little touching, especially towards the end. The effects were pretty amazing too, definitely worth the extra money to see it in 3D. I would have liked to seen more of the mosasaur, though, it felt like it was just slapped on there without much thought.

Also, the return of the T. Rex? Totally awesome, was not expecting that at all. I mean, that was pretty epic.

It was good, some elements...of which I will not go into detail for those who have not seen it....I didn't agree with but overall I enjoyed it.

I really enjoyed this movie and I'm looking forward to the sequel. I didn't really care for the obnoxious guy who wanted the "trained pets" but other then that, the movie was pretty great! Very entertaining and I laughed, quite a lot.

I actually don't think the militarized raptor thing is that absurd. They are smarter than German Shepards, faster, stronger, deadlier and have better senses. That being said, remember that we don't employ WOLVES in our military; we employ German Shepards. You would have to breed the most docile versions you can until eventually you had one that listened. Likely, it would look much different from the old raptors despite being raptor. I don't know, maybe that's too meta of thinking.

I actually don't think the militarized raptor thing is that absurd. They are smarter than German Shepards, faster, stronger, deadlier and have better senses. That being said, remember that we don't employ WOLVES in our military; we employ German Shepards. You would have to breed the most docile versions you can until eventually you had one that listened. Likely, it would look much different from the old raptors despite being raptor. I don't know, maybe that's too meta of thinking.

No, I agree. I just meant I didn't like the character because it felt like really bad over the top acting. <_< He just annoyed the hell out of me lol

I think he was just having fun, haha. What else should you do with a character who has lines like that? Lol

Animals in military use are typically used in security or bomb detecting roles, not frontline combat. The justification for using raptors as weapons is turbo silly. You aren't going to make a raptor a more valuable military asset than even a typical soldier, let alone special forces, deployment options are limited (how do you transport them?) and their theaters are limited to warm climates with a ready food supply. They're also neigh untamable pack hunters (the movie made this abundantly clear), and their utility is limited to what they can physically reach. Unfortunately for them, every asshole has a gun, and going into tunnels like fuckface McGee suggested is a death trap - for the animal. Couple that with the costs and time of cloning and training these animals, and you start to see how completely idiotic this plan is.

Animals in military use are typically used in security or bomb detecting roles, not frontline combat. The justification for using raptors as weapons is turbo silly. You aren't going to make a raptor a more valuable military asset than even a typical soldier, let alone special forces, deployment options are limited (how do you transport them?) and their theaters are limited to warm climates with a ready food supply. They're also neigh untamable pack hunters (the movie made this abundantly clear), and their utility is limited to what they can physically reach. Unfortunately for them, every asshole has a gun, and going into tunnels like fuckface McGee suggested is a death trap - for the animal. Couple that with the costs and time of cloning and training these animals, and you start to see how completely idiotic this plan is.

That's not true- they have kill dogs. Hell, Germany had kill dogs. The raptors would be very different after breeding. Wolves are nigh untamable creatures as well, but it was bred out of them. The way it was executed was asinine, but the idea isn't bad.

That's not true- they have kill dogs. Hell, Germany had kill dogs. The raptors would be very different after breeding. Wolves are nigh untamable creatures as well, but it was bred out of them. The way it was executed was asinine, but the idea isn't bad.
Dogs were domesticated from wolves after tens of thousands of years of artificial selection, I don't think people have that long to domesticate a dinosaur. ;)

But you are right, now I think about it, some dogs were used for combat roles, particularly by US forces in the Pacific, but that was mainly to send in holes after Japanese soldiers to see if any were still alive or playing dead. Germans, to my recollection, usually had them for patrols and guard duty, not active combat missions. Dogs wouldn't last very long in an assault, for instance. It's still an animal verses a platoon of soldiers.

Dogs were domesticated from wolves after tens of thousands of years of artificial selection, I don't think people have that long to domesticate a dinosaur. ;)

But you are right, now I think about it, some dogs were used for combat roles, particularly by US forces in the Pacific, but that was mainly to send in holes after Japanese soldiers to see if any were still alive or playing dead. Germans, to my recollection, usually had them for patrols and guard duty, not active combat missions. Dogs wouldn't last very long in an assault, for instance. It's still an animal verses a platoon of soldiers.
War dogs were a thing hundreds of years ago too, IIRC, but I could be wrong.

I thoroughly enjoyed the badass cowboy dinosaur Raptor-whisperer - I MEAN THE MOVIE. I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED THE MOVIE.

Oh who am I kidding. DINO COWBOY. HUMINAHUMINA.

Genetically modified velociraptors.

Duh.

Did you even see the film?

I saw this in IMAX on Monday, and have convinced a friend to go and see it tonight in IMAX too. Absolutely fantastic film ^_^

I'm wondering if I should go see it again tomorrow

I'm wondering if I should go see it again tomorrow
If you enjoyed it, go for it!

Although I wouldn't say I enjoyed it too much, back when Attack of the Clones was released in cinemas I saw it twice within 12 hours, once with one friend and the second with a bunch of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.