Jurassic World: Chaos Effect

What dinosaurs should be added next?

• Gojirasaurus (seriously, it's a real thing)

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Sarcosuchus (even though it's not a dinosaur)

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Protoceratops

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Archaeopteryx

• Camarasaurus

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Corthyosaurus

• Ouranosaurus

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legens Legentis

Deus Ex Machina
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. Multiple posts per week
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, & Romance
12592330_1686473194933912_5789475921003206867_n.jpg

Jurassic World: Chaos Effect
"Because the history of evolution is that life escapes all barriers. Life breaks free. Life expands to new territories. Painfully, perhaps even dangerously. But life finds a way."
-Michael Crichton

Overview: InGen, the brainchild of the eccentric millionaire John Hammond, has made the most important advancement in all of human history. Through extracting the blood of mosquitoes, trapped in hardened amber for millions of years, we now hold the tools to clone dinosaurs after they had been wiped from the face of the Earth. Seeing the potential for this technology, InGen invested large sums of money into a top-secret project, one that had been meticulously negotiated with the Costa Rican government and hidden from the public.
This project was to be known as Jurassic Park, a place where rich and poor alike could gaze upon the extinct beasts of the past. However, things took a turn for the worse during the Isla Nublar Incident of 1993. Several people were killed or had disappeared as a result of a containment failure. The park's main attractions set themselves free and ran amok across the island, and elsewhere InGen watched in horror as their funds were depleted. Jurassic Park had failed. Or so the story goes.
In 1998, a man by the name of Simon Masrani purchased the remnants of the disgraced company and went ahead with his own vision. With the acclaimed scientist Henry Wu working with the Masrani Corporation, the dream to make a dinosaur-themed amusement park was reborn. The year is 2003. Dinosaurs continue their reign over Isla Nublar, and it is up to you to put an end to it all. Masrani and its executives want the specimens kept alive for the brand new Jurassic World.

The Plot: Long story short, you have been hired by Simon Masrani himself for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Rebuilding Hammond's dream park cannot commence without securing the countless dinosaurs that have taken control there. Several outposts and research stations are all that remain usable (and safe) for others assigned to the job. The mountainous southwest corner of the island has been reclaimed by InGen, but rebuilding is a daunting task. Viscous predators lurk in the jungles, patiently waiting for any human to wander by, only for that person to vanish moments later. No expense has been spared with security.
You are the best of the best. Lives are on the line, and in the thick forests of Isla Nublar awaits a new terror, unlike any other previously seen by human eyes: Dinosaur hybrids.
Priorities: Study, contain, or kill.

Allosaurus
Baryonyx
Carnotaurus
Compsognathus
Dilophosaurus
Dimetrodon
Dimorphodon
Elasmosaurus
Giganotosaurus
Mosasaurus
Pteranodon
Spinosaurus
Suchomimus
Troodon
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Utahraptor
Velociraptor
Ankylosaurus
Apatosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Diplodocus
Dryosaurus
Edmontosaurus
Gallimimus
Iguanodon
Kentrosaurus
Microceratus
Micropachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
Parasaurolophus
Stegosaurus
Styracosaurus
Therizinosaurus
Triceratops
Amargospinus (Amargosaurus + Spinosaurus) (Omnivore)
Ankyloranodon (Ankylosaurus + Pteranodon) (Piscivore)
Pachysaurolophus (Pachycephalosaurus + Parasaurolophus) (Herbivore)
Paradeinonychus (Parasaurolophus + Deinonychus) (Omnivore)
Proto-Indominus Rex (Tyrannosaurus Rex + Velociraptor) (Carnivore)
Stegospinus (Stegosaurus + Spinosaurus) (Herbivore)
Tanaconda (Tanystropheus + Anaconda) (Carnivore)
Ultimasaurus (Tyrannosaurus Rex + Triceratops + Velociraptor + Ankylosaurus + Stegosaurus) (Carnivore)

Map of Isla Nublar

Code:
Name:
Appearance:
Bio (2 paragraphs minimum):
Skills/Equipment:
Personality:

Rules:
  • [1] No godmodding.
    [2] No harassment or bullying of other players.
    [3] Please follow all advice or instructions from the OP. If you disagree at any given time with any of the rules or enforcement, please keep the discussion polite and civil.
    [4] I am always open to new ideas, so feel free to suggest them whenever you wish!
    [5] Maintain decent grammar, spelling, and punctuation at all times. Post size should be at least one paragraph.
    [6] Never be afraid to ask questions!​
A Guide to Hybrids:
Amargospinus
923527_1684955981752300_462530604313485817_n.jpg

Length: 60 ft.
Height: 40 ft.
Weight: 18 tons
Danger Level: 4
A surprisingly agile behemoth, the Amargospinus is ferocious, but rarely exhibits higher intelligence.
Ankyloranodon
12522917_1684958421752056_8391472045885108068_n.jpg

Length: 25 ft.
Height: 14 ft.
Weight: 9 tons
Danger Level: 3
Although flight is a rarely-seen feat of the Ankyloranodon, it is just as deadly on the ground as it is in the air.
Pachysaurolophus
10314636_1685117195069512_1064255852123766100_n.jpg

Length: 13 ft.
Height: 5 ft.
Weight: 154 lbs.
Danger Level: 1
The Pachysaurolophus is relatively harmless. When threatened, however, it lashes out against any daring opponent.
Paradeinonychus
12400588_1684962115085020_1308747043350269741_n.jpg

Length: 19 ft.
Height: 8 ft.
Weight: 1,550 lbs
Danger Level: 3
Despite having the DNA of a peaceful herbivore, Paradeinonychus is extremely dangerous, even to other raptors.
Proto-Indominus Rex
12410586_1684966165084615_7172915893246172910_n.jpg

Length: 50 ft.
Height: 22 ft.
Weight: 11 tons
Danger Level: 5
The Indominus Rex is the crowning achievement of dinosaur fusion. Anything that moves is theirs to kill.
Stegospinus
500px-Jurassic_Park_Stegospinus.gif

Length: 30 ft.
Height: 7 ft.
Weight: 4 tons
Danger Level: 2
Stegospinus, while being a rare breed of hybrid, is no stranger to combat with other dinosaurs much larger than it.
Tanaconda
12507132_1684970638417501_2083977311229376878_n.jpg

Length: 18 ft.
Height: ???
Weight: 1752.67 lbs
Danger Level: 2
Much like the serpents imbued into its genes, the Tanaconda constricts whatever unlucky creature stumbles upon it.
Ultimasaurus
944653_1685117668402798_2014858360804321951_n.jpg

Length: 42 ft.
Height: 20 ft.
Weight: 8.6 tons
Danger Level: 5
The quest to create the ultimate killing machine started with the Ultimasaurus. It is nearly indestructible.

Last edited:
I'm so in!

Reactions: Legens Legentis
I'm in.

You gave me chills with your descriptions of the hybrids; I actually looked over my shoulder, haha.

I'm in.

You gave me chills with your descriptions of the hybrids; I actually looked over my shoulder, haha.
2spooky4u

Say, do you think it'd be good if I changed the title to Jurassic World: Operation Genesis?
I'm trying to decide if that sounds better.

2spooky4u

Say, do you think it'd be good if I changed the title to Jurassic World: Operation Genesis?
I'm trying to decide if that sounds better.
I think Chaos Effect would be better, but that's only because it's a direct and awesome reference to the original story/movie. Plus anyone who's seen the movies would get the reference. xD

So, just a few quick that I probably should've mentioned earlier:

The Proto-Indominus won't have the same abilities that it did in the film. This is a primitive specimen. For those who have read the novel The Lost World, it was Carnotaurus that had camouflage powers, ergo the Indominus here won't have it.

The Dilophosaurus will vary in size, from their small stature in the films up to raptor-scale.

Troodon will possess their venomous, hallucination-inducing bite from Jurassic Park: The Game.

There will be two breeds of Mosasaur. The one from the film, as well as the Tylosaurus from the aforementioned game.

Site B might be included.

The Tyrannosaur is indeed Rexy from the films. Therefore she is not going to be killed.

• Love
Reactions: Rae
Perhaps an inclusion of Biosyn could work for having human antagonists.

Reactions: Rae
Status
Not open for further replies.