WELCOME TO JURASSIC PLANET
A zoo of resurrected species...
...A park for timeless experiences

be1815d3-40ad-4ba9-83c6-e415bb4e4f8a_zpsveamdwaq.png

[stabs=bright|80%]
{slide=Map}
JP%20Map_zpsq0keg4ca.png
{/slide}
{slide=Safety Guide|center}Stay calm if an escaped dinosaur is within your area. If this were ever to occur, make your way carefully to the safety center. Please do not tease or feed the dinos.{/slide}
{slide=The Park|right|open}The team here at Jurassic Planet would first like to heartily welcome you to our park, and to inform you that you are in EXTREMELY SECURE & TRUSTED hands! The park is located off the coast of New Guinea on a privately owned island known as Isla Theda. Jurassic Planet is full of various amusements including: spine-tingling thrill rides, hair-raising exhibits, assisted dining, and the best part... DINOSAURS! From the classics to our rare additions-- and even the new genetically modified HYBRIDS! Make Jurassic Planet a MUST on your bucket list and book a trip to the biggest memory of your life!
{/slide}[/stabs]

The Classics
13885b85-fc47-425f-b84c-57f5194ed0b3_zpsgxh0xprn.jpg

The deadly Dilophosaurus is in the Carnivore Spotlight this week! Not only is it capable of latching onto it's prey with it's curved like teeth in an inescapable grip, but it can also shoot a toxic venom up to 20 feet away from it's frills! Dilphosaurus is just one of the assorted carnivorous species that we have on display here at Jurassic Planet! Others include the infamous Tyrannosaurus Rex, in-training Velociraptors, the meta-ambhibious Spinosaurus, and lots more!

ff1947e7-e4a1-487c-8220-de2423321918_zpspfviqkmr.jpg

The gentle souled Triceratops takes the Herbivore Spotlight this week! With it's horns alone, the Triceratops is potentially able to gore a full grown Tyrannosaurus Rex to death under the right circumstances! Their beaks are strong enough to effortlessly pierce through the thickest of hides and can easily snap apart bones if threatened, but these kind giants are mainly calm herbivores! Don't miss the chance at letting your little ones ride atop their backs during the live Triceratops rides here at the park! The park also includes many other herbivorous dinosaurs that are waiting to be witnessed!
New Additions
d92cc6cc-2309-4f2f-873c-c2687e8ae6ea_zps8ob1z6e1.png

After years of gene perfecting, InGen has created it's very first Feathered Raptor! These historically accurate creatures were genetically crafted from various bird DNA combined with a strain of classified genetic components! The feathers underneath there arms and on their tail enables them to glide down onto their prey from treetops or elevated earth. Much like the Raptors cloned from amphibian/reptilian DNA, the Feathered Raptors instinctively hunt in packs that are now characterized as Flocks. InGen's original Velociraptors are still on display as well, but now have a new breed of siblings!

a6d7b9cf-6c32-41fb-a5ce-24c4a9d15698_zpsoexgxn0r.jpg

The Penguin Shark is the nickname given to InGens newest genetically modified aquatic dinosaur! A hybrid Dino mixed with several prehistoric aquatic creatures and combined with that of penguin DNA! The Penguin Sharks hunt in schools, but can also be lone hunters as well. They are very territorial and a whole school can give a Mosasaurus a run for its money if they are attacked. Come see these fascinating creatures during our feeding sessions at the Jurassic Planet aquariums!
Attractions
wpid-Hot-Air-Balloon-Wallpaper-66_zpsuq12nhag.jpg

Take a relaxing ride on our high rated hot air balloons where you get a great view of the whole park! We'll take you around mountains, across fields, and over the bay where you might spot a Mosasaurus or even a Penguin Shark or two! The hot air balloon rides are just one of many attractions that we have here at Jurrassic Planet. Others include: The original Jurassic Jeep Safari ride, the Cretacious Cruise, the super fun Gyrosphere adventure ride, the dinosaur petting zoo, and lots more!

d48873e7-097a-46ff-a9e7-86f73a5faf90_zpsb60ymej0.jpg

For all you thrill seekers look out for the Life Cage underwater EXPERIENCE! Scuba Diving lessons are offered for the life cages, but no scuba experience is required for the life spheres that are constructed of bulletproof glass! Don't worry though, all cages and life spheres will be supervised and territorial predators will only be viewable when they are calm and have been fed beforehand! Feel alive as you become up close and personal with our massive, aquatic dinos! Just remember to keep your limbs inside the cage at all times!
Hybrids and Specials
31916b9d86fe98a42eab38c3d0625_zpssie02av0.jpg

Our one and only, Arawnosaurus takes the deserving spotlight of the genetically modified hybrids! This beastly carnivore is the largest carnivore on the island which is why his name means King of the world! Over 60 feet tall, this massive predator stands ten feet higher than the infamous Indominus Rex. Although not as intelligent as the I-Rex, Arawnosaurus's brute strength makes it superior in dominance to many carnivores. This monstrous addition is a DEFINITE MUST SEE before ending your stay at Jurassic Planet!

New_Albertosaurus%202_zpsg2g1xdyy.png

With the help of gene enhancement, InGen has created a new breed of Albertosaurus with fur! This genetically evolved species takes the spotlight in the specials section! Similar to the raptors, these larger dinos hunt in packs like wolves, but can also be lone hunters. Be sure to watch a hunt of these interesting carnivores up close and personal in the viewing station at their paddock!
Raptor Squad
Banshee
Bone chilling Squad Leader of the trained velociraptors. Her hair raising, high pitched screams are the reason for her name.

Apache
The Raptor Squad's Second in Command. Her name was given because of the headdress-like feathers behind her neck, while the rest of her body is bare.

Gonzales
She gets her name for being the fastest Raptor in the park. ("Speedy Gonzales")

Brash
A stealthy feathered raptor that asserts her desires stubbornly.

6096fce5-s_zpsg1acnp70.png

~Plot~

[spoili]A deceptively charming entrepreneur inherits the ownership of InGen and builds a "family friendly" park on his private island in order to attract victims, so he can enact his sick lust for grisly gore. When the grand opening commences, all dinosaur paddocks and enclosures will be left open & all means of escape denied...[/spoili]​

Last edited by a moderator:
image.jpg image.jpg

Name:

Matthew Anderson

Personality:

Matthew (or Matt) is very polite to everyone he meets, male or female. Most girls find it hard to tell if he's flirting or just being nice. He doesn't like to do things by himself and would rather have someone give him orders to follow. Matthew can be odd at times, but that's just because he tries to see the world from every outlook. Even though he smiles, he sometimes feels that nobody really gets him except for a select few.

However, he's a fun guy who would stop at nothing to turn anybody's frown upside down. He's a hopeless romantic, but hopes to one day finally make the girl of his dreams happy (as soon as he meets her, that is). He is also very adventurous and loves the thrill of a good book. His love for nature really provides him with a green thumb, as he's always trying to protect the natural land wherever he can by doing the smallest of things.

Matthew is very knowledgeable about a great many things, but he doesn't flaunt it around for fear of being labeled as a nerd or a geek. He often thinks before he acts, but he learns quickly from his mistakes. He's also a bit of a nerd and loves all kinds of video games, movies and television shows.

He's also a little shy and requires some prodding in order to act outside of his comfort zone, but once you get to know him and peel away the timid shell surrounding him, Matthew is an amazing guy who can easily become a very good friend. He's trustworthy and honest, taking it upon himself to act like a gentleman whenever he can.

Sexuality:

Heterosexual/Straight (And single. Ladies?)

Habits/Quirks:

Matt tends to get rather shy around women and, when approached by one directly, he will get a little nervous. He also has a tendency to clear his throat in such situations as a way to 'shake it off'. He's also a bit of a goofball and can be very sarcastic based on the situation.

As well, Matt has almost always spoken his mind based on the situation. He knows it can sometimes get him into trouble, but he doesn't like lying. If the situation calls for it, then he is willing to sugar-coat the truth in order to help somebody calm down, but he doesn't do this too often.

In any and all situations, Matt is trustworthy, brave, and sweet. He's always there to comfort those who are in distress and when he can, he will do his best to cheer them up and get them back in the game.

Weakness:

Matt isn't very strong, which is a result of him having a rather slender build. He is, however, able to lift/move most objects as well as support his own body weight, but he can't really handle moving a car or busting down a door.

Position:

Staff (Summer Job). Position in the Park: Trainer in the Raptor Pen.

Interest/Motive:

He's at the park merely for a summer job to help pay for college, but he's also there to geek-out about seeing real-life dinosaurs.

Favorite Dino:

He was never able to pick between Velociraptors, the Spinosaurus, or the Mutha F***in' T-Rex!

Short Bio:

I'll save this for the RP, let it develop ICly.

But FYI, he's got some serious parental issues. I'll leave it at that. Plus, he has a little brother named Alex.

Useful skill:

His slender frame allows him to slip in between small spaces (ex. a tunnel/hole in the side of a rock formation), and he's very knowledgeable about Dinosaurs, having been fascinated by them his whole life.

Last edited:
I'll be editing in NPC's including the Antagonist sometime in the near future.
If @Desert Zephyr & @NacNak are still interested, that makes 5 of us total + those who are attracted by the banner. (When its made)

TO BE COMPLETED WHEN HOME FROM WORK TONIGHT!
Anabelle Shire.jpg

Name, Age, Gender, Sexuality
Anabelle Shire, 20, Female, Heterosexual

Personality
Anabelle, "Ellie" for short, is out-going with an outspoken personality. She never fully stops to think before she says or does something (which has caused a problem on more than one occasion). She has a problem or two making sure that she doesn't say anything to people that may come across as offensive, especially since most times she only ever tries to help one way or another. She's very adventurous. She will try anything and everything. Even the most "dangerous" of activities, such as bungee jumping and sky-diving, Ellie doesn't believe is life-threatening to her at all and is more than willing to participate.

She isn't shy. She's quite the social butterfly, in fact. Making friends is one of the easiest things in life for her to do. Sometimes Anabelle can be a bit awkward, but most people agree that it's what makes her interesting.

Habits/Quirks
Habits, Quirks

Weakness
Weaknesses

Position
Her Position, if one at all...

Interest/Motive
Interests and Motives

Favorite Dino
Favorite Dino

Short Biography
Short Biography

Useful Skill
Useful Skill

Last edited:
House sitting for labor day weekend :P I'll try and be active at work when I can.

I'm so in for this and will have a CS up between tonight or tomorrow :)

So is there a specific Character Sheet prompt you want us to fill out, should I just copy and edit previous character's CS or what?

Also, the plot idea is interesting, but it doesn't set up much in the way of actual story-telling for the players. Perhaps we could discuss some sort of end-game with an appropriate resolution, such as the death of the park manager or the escape of some of the park-goers so they can warn the world about this sick man?

The CS I believe is on the first? page of the interest check thread. As far as the story telling elements go its mostly up to interpretation of what the role players want to do with their characters. I don't want to say for sure because I am not the GM, but I'm sure that if you have an idea for what you want your character to do as his main role in the roleplay @True Self wouldn't have a problem discussing it. Again not entirely sure o.o just being a helpful hand atm.

• Thank You
Reactions: True North

W.I.P
600full-jessica-szohr.jpg

Name:
Airetta Jane Seymour
Appearance:

tumblr_lo5tvblbme1qmfywko1_400.jpg

Personality:
Sexuality:
Straight
Habits/Quirks:
Weakness:
Position:

Full Time Staff ~ Raptor Trainer ~ Daughter of one of the Patron's
Interest/Motive:
Favorite Dino:
Short Bio: (Optional)
Useful skill
tumblr_inline_n4e2z83kX61qh5a7z.gif

Lorelei Corvi (WIP)

Name: Lorelei Corvi
emily-rudd-photography-wide.jpg
968full-emily-rudd.jpg

Personality:

Lorelei is a curious, albeit quiet, young woman with a penchant for science. She is reserved but passionate in her endeavors, cold and calculating yet empathetic to vulnerable people such as children or the less fortunate. Lorelei is focused, driven, stubborn, and unkind to those who she considers snobbish. She is, however, the type of person to reserve judgment until she sees all that she needs to see, both the good and the bad.

She possesses a child-like wonder and curiosity which attracts her to the park. She is a bit of a softie when it comes to young children, as she sees them as easily moldable minds that need guidance and nurturing. She is playful and has a sense of humor that ranges from childish to dry, depending on the situation.

Sexuality:

Heterosexual

Habits/Quirks:

Lorelei has a tendency of muttering under her breath and forgetting to speak up. She also tends to tuck her hair behind her ears and then untuck it like ten seconds later. When idle, she is usually seen playing with her hands, twirling her hair out of boredom, or staring at some distant object as she daydreams.

Weakness:

Lorelei is not very strong physically as she has a thin frame and does not have much muscle.

Position: (Staff or patron?)

Patron visiting the park with her sister.

Interest/Motive:

As a prospective biologist, Lorelei has always wanted to see living dinosaurs. She had invited her younger sister, also a prospective biologist, to come along and see what the fuss is about.

Favorite Dino:

Velociraptor

Short Bio: (Optional)
Useful skill:

She had studied dinosaurs since she was a kid and has a good idea of their behaviors.

Last edited:
It's good to see some more interests (: The additional content added to the first page of this OOC was replaced with a star for some reason? Not sure what's up with that. Hopefully that'll be fixed, because I had the map and cs template included.

Anyways, the foundation of the story is simply: Being enthralled by the seemingly trusted park, trying to survive the dino attacks, discovering why the dinos got free, getting justice on the park owner, and escaping the island in some way. There are several ways to do all of those things and ideas will be provided upon request. If you want me to expand upon anything just let me know. @poisonbite01

Last edited:
Are we still doing this?

If everyone is still down, then yes. We only have a couple of complete CS so far and one accepted, so I was waiting for the others to be completed. @Shayla

I'll finish my CS as long as this keeps going because I'm up to doing this.

Reactions: True North
Status
Not open for further replies.