Jurassic Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Mark

Appearance: He has slightly messy black hair, fair skin color, stands just a little under six feet tall and is physically well built, his facial features are pretty masculine but nowhere near to the point where he looks like he's chiseled stone, he has a particularly friendly look to him, he wears a black T-shirt, dark blue jeans, brown steel toe shoes and a pair of black glasses.

Personality: Mark is a caring person who is willing to help others in need, he's also a bit of a goof ball and can act very egotistical, he's brave, courageous, strong willed and isn't afraid to throw a few fists if need be.

Sexuality: (.... he's a boy... he likes girls... I honestly can't remember the word for it... Help Me Google!)

Habits/Quirks: (hmm....)

Weakness: Mark isn't exactly blind, but he does need his glasses in order to see things clearly at a fair distance, despite being brave and courageous that doesn't stop Mark from being afraid and feeling fear.

Position: (patron?)

Interest/Motive: (umm...)

Favorite Dino: Tyrannosaurus Rex

Short Bio: (Optional)

Useful skill: (I honestly can't think of any skills that would be useful on an island full on dinosaurs besides climbing....)

*Note: Just letting it be said... I'm kind of fighting to keep my eye's open... so... yeah, this cs could possibly... most likely use some fixing up... also did I mention I was tired? *faints* dghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-*computer turns off*
Yep, I'll consider that a WIP :P Players can control multiple characters @Desert Zephyr Tyt @Nameless Judging by the business in my life, I may only be able to post once to a few times a week myself. The pace of the thread will probably be like a roller coaster, so fasten your seat belts. (Fast to slow & repeat)

image.jpg image.jpg

Name:

Matthew Anderson

Personality:

Matthew (or Matt) is very polite to everyone he meets, male or female. Most girls find it hard to tell if he's flirting or just being nice. He doesn't like to do things by himself and would rather have someone give him orders to follow. Matthew can be odd at times, but that's just because he tries to see the world from every outlook. Even though he smiles, he sometimes feels that nobody really gets him except for a select few.

However, he's a fun guy who would stop at nothing to turn anybody's frown upside down. He's a hopeless romantic, but hopes to one day finally make the girl of his dreams happy (as soon as he meets her, that is). He is also very adventurous and loves the thrill of a good book. His love for nature really provides him with a green thumb, as he's always trying to protect the natural land wherever he can by doing the smallest of things.

Matthew is very knowledgeable about a great many things, but he doesn't flaunt it around for fear of being labeled as a nerd or a geek. He often thinks before he acts, but he learns quickly from his mistakes. He's also a bit of a nerd and loves all kinds of video games, movies and television shows.

He's also a little shy and requires some prodding in order to act outside of his comfort zone, but once you get to know him and peel away the timid shell surrounding him, Matthew is an amazing guy who can easily become a very good friend. He's trustworthy and honest, taking it upon himself to act like a gentleman whenever he can.

Sexuality:

Heterosexual/Straight (And single. Ladies?)

Habits/Quirks:

Matt tends to get rather shy around women and, when approached by one directly, he will get a little nervous. He also has a tendency to clear his throat in such situations as a way to 'shake it off'. He's also a bit of a goofball and can be very sarcastic based on the situation.

As well, Matt has almost always spoken his mind based on the situation. He knows it can sometimes get him into trouble, but he doesn't like lying. If the situation calls for it, then he is willing to sugar-coat the truth in order to help somebody calm down, but he doesn't do this too often.

In any and all situations, Matt is trustworthy, brave, and sweet. He's always there to comfort those who are in distress and when he can, he will do his best to cheer them up and get them back in the game.

Weakness:

Matt isn't very strong, which is a result of him having a rather slender build. He is, however, able to lift/move most objects as well as support his own body weight, but he can't really handle moving a car or busting down a door.

Position:

Staff (Summer Job). Position in the Park: Trainer in the Raptor Pen

Interest/Motive:

He's working at the theme park just because he needs a summer job to help pay for college, but he's also there to geek-out about seeing real-life dinosaurs.

Favorite Dino:

He was never able to pick between Velociraptors, the Spinosaurus, or the Mutha F***in' T-Rex!

Short Bio:

I'll save this for the RP, let it develop ICly.

But FYI, he's got some serious parental issues. I'll leave it at that. Plus, he has a little brother named Alex.

Useful skill:

His slender frame allows him to slip in between small spaces (ex. a tunnel/hole in the side of a rock formation), and he's very knowledgeable about Dinosaurs, having been fascinated by them his whole life.

Last edited:
@True Self, two questions:

#1. Did you want to have a banner to attract more attention to this? I feel that if more people knew about it then it would get a lot of attention.

#2. How are we gonna go about the whole 'Who dies/Gets Eaten' thing? I'm only planning on playing one character (if he's accepted) who would survive until the end, so I wasn't sure how you wanted to go about that. Obviously since you mentioned extra characters we can make some Dino-chow, but I was curious as to how you wanted to handle the deaths.

Accidentally clicked the post button, response is fixed.

Also, sorry for triple (not counting the deleted post) posting.

#1. Did you want to have a banner to attract more attention to this? I feel that if more people knew about it then it would get a lot of attention.

#2. How are we gonna go about the whole 'Who dies/Gets Eaten' thing? I'm only planning on playing one character (if he's accepted) who would survive until the end, so I wasn't sure how you wanted to go about that. Obviously since you mentioned extra characters we can make some Dino-chow, but I was curious as to how you wanted to handle the deaths.
I think it would be good to have one main character.. and then one or two that you can have die later on.

That's true, but wasn't there somebody here who wanted to play 3 characters to start with?

Nothing wrong with that. But I think everyone should be willing to at least sacrifice one. It doesn't have to be a major character or anything, but it keeps the RP moving and consistent.

Ex: I can play a family, but I can also just have an unlikable character that could easily be killed off. Either the main charrie's will put him up for bait or he'll make a douchebag move that gets him killed while the family survives. OR Possibly one of the parents. It all depends on how someone wants to play it.

@True Self could also make the deaths completely random and choose who he wants to die next, just to even the playing field so no one feels like they're being favored over the other, you know?

Reactions: True North
Yeah that's true. But in terms of sacrifices, I might throw in an NPC or two (co-workers of Matt or maybe even his brother if I want to stir things up).

In terms of random deaths, I feel like that wouldn't be as fun to work with. I mean sure people die randomly in the franchise, but every Jurassic film had a team of people who survived until the end. Even if we throw in some later-on main deaths or fake-out deaths, that would make sense. But I honestly think each player should have a main they can choose to save/kill until the end when they presumably escape the island and bring the man responsible for the carnage to justice.

No, no you misunderstood. Of course everyone will have a main. I just meant that of the people that actually are put up as "sacrifices" he can choose which one in a random order. I didn't mean that everyone get killed off whether they were major or minor. My apologies, I realize that I didn't clarify that very well >.<

EDIT: and it's likely that I didn't clarify it any better just then either, lol.

Oh xD I get it now.

We should include that in the sheets as well. If we've made a character to specifically get chomped, crushed, or swallowed whole (that one scene was probably the most uncomfortable movie-going experience I've had in a long time. I kept thinking about it after the film, wondering if there's an after credits scene. But nope: needless and extremely harsh death of a relatively unknown character is extremely harsh and needless), then we should put a little disclaimer at the bottom or something.

1. A banner would be nice when I get the OOC up, so if anyone is good at that sorta thing (or knows anyone who is) then hmu.
2. If you want a character to survive then don't do anything unrealistic in the RP that could get you killed realistically.

Primarily though, character deaths are optional to the player as long as everyone plays it smart and is active.
I may even incorporate a randomizer that determines if a character gets eaten or not (as mentioned by Nameless), if favored by the majority.

Apparently I wasn't alerted that you had submitted a Cs @mr_pibbs I will be sure to look it over and let you know something.

Oh xD I get it now.

We should include that in the sheets as well. If we've made a character to specifically get chomped, crushed, or swallowed whole (that one scene was probably the most uncomfortable movie-going experience I've had in a long time. I kept thinking about it after the film, wondering if there's an after credits scene. But nope: needless and extremely harsh death of a relatively unknown character is extremely harsh and needless), then we should put a little disclaimer at the bottom or something.
Yep! But of course, that's his decision to make. We'll just have to get our characters up and see what he has to say about it(: It's possible that he has a whole plan already and all of this talk was for nothing :P lol

Well that explains that xD

Alright, I won't go charging into the jaws of a T-Rex anytime soon. But what are we talking about in terms of 'unrealistic' actions? Just being stupid or making a decision that you find 'death-worthy'?

And I can make the banner, I'm good at those ^^

Also, there seems to be a lot of male characters in this so far. Hope we can even it out somewhat. Dino's like girl-food as well :3

Primarily though, character deaths are optional to the player as long as everyone plays it smart and is active.
I may even incorporate a randomizer that determines if a character gets eaten or not (as mentioned by Nameless), if favored by the majority.
I just suggested simply because it eliminates the issue of someone refusing to be a "willing participant" of sorts. Technically if they don't want any of their characters to die, that's fine (especially if someone only chooses to make one character). I just don't want it to turn into a thing where NO ONE dies at all.

I probably could have done all of this writing in the same post, but... meh. That would be too easy ;)

Don't worry, I think people are gonna understand that hungry Dinos means a bad time for anyone walking around.

Don't worry, I think people are gonna understand that hungry Dinos means a bad time for anyone walking around.

I have a plan. STEP 1! Dig hole. STEP 2! Cover hole. STEP 3! Hope Dino-brats fall in hole.

If plan is a failure.........

PLAN B... run like hell.

Well that explains that xD

Alright, I won't go charging into the jaws of a T-Rex anytime soon. But what are we talking about in terms of 'unrealistic' actions? Just being stupid or making a decision that you find 'death-worthy'?

And I can make the banner, I'm good at those ^^
Sweet, I get to be lazy with banner duty :sly:
Unrealistic as in, fearlessly attempting to wrestle a Velociraptor or something xP

Other examples would be: attempting to out swim a Penguin Shark or trying to out run any big dino.
As far as the death worthy mention, I would say it really depends how your character handles the sticky situations that unfold.

For ex) If a character falls into a pit of hungry raptors, then I don't think springing out of the pit like Michael Jordan unscathed is a realistic outcome.
He or she better have a good gun and they better be familiar with COD, cuz instead of zombies it will be Raptor edition.

Weapons will obviously need to be obtained logically as well (Since this is a theme park). A patron won't just find one randomly laying around.

I just suggested simply because it eliminates the issue of someone refusing to be a "willing participant" of sorts. Technically if they don't want any of their characters to die, that's fine (especially if someone only chooses to make one character). I just don't want it to turn into a thing where NO ONE dies at all.
There will be plenty of gorey NPC death scenes, and everyone can include those as well.
I usually like to include supporting characters within the RP that help the plot along, so those won't be safe either.

I've been known to build up strong relationships, and then have them end tragically.
However, I'm leaning toward pulling back and mainly playing the "narrator" this go around. I normally have a few GM-PC's

Last edited:
Alright, so if chased by a T-Rex: stop, turn the other way, and run in between its tail to confuse the hell out of it :3

Kidding, that would only work if the animal was completely stupid. I get what you're saying though.

But if the Mososaur sneaks up on all of us, we're pulling a Pinnochio. Carry some firewood just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.