Jurassic Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will state this: No character is completely safe. (Even the mains) There is always a chance of him/her dying.
Various options will be provided within the tricky dilemmas, but if you slip up with a decision then it can cost your character's life.

To be clear -
Character death is optional for the player's own doing (for their controlled characters), but as the GM - Death can and will occur sensibly to any character.

I get that. Just to me it seems like a (main) character death should really be a choice of the player and not the GM, given the fact that they could spend so much time with that character and get insanely frustrated if they died. It's like investing hours into a video game and discovering at the end that everything you've done wasn't worth jack.

But again, that's just how I see it. Plus I've seen things get ugly when a character died without the players consent. Was not a fun time for any involved with the RP.

As I put, 'as long as everyone plays it smart and is active' then the mains should be the last ones standing :P
Do not worry - I don't plan to spontaneously kill off main characters left and right.

I know, just trying to explain a bit :3

I trust your judgement though and if there's any problems I'll see to it they're dealt with before something happens.

But FYI, Matt's co-trainer and a patron eating Pizza Hut are the first NPCs I'll toss in for chow-time

I get that. Just to me it seems like a (main) character death should really be a choice of the player and not the GM, given the fact that they could spend so much time with that character and get insanely frustrated if they died. It's like investing hours into a video game and discovering at the end that everything you've done wasn't worth jack.

But again, that's just how I see it. Plus I've seen things get ugly when a character died without the players consent. Was not a fun time for any involved with the RP.

1: mass effect in a nutshell XD

2: I've had to deal with that kind of situation before, I know the feels...

I trust your judgement though and if there's any problems I'll see to it they're dealt with before something happens.

But FYI, Matt's co-trainer and a patron eating Pizza Hut are the first NPCs I'll toss in for chow-time
If an unwise decision is made, then I will give the player a few warnings and a heads up- Along with alternative suggestions, if asked.
I won't mindscrew anyone with a sudden unexpected death, so no need to worry with that.

It's good that you have snacks in mind for the dinos ;p The carnivores have been purposely starved.
In the meantime, I'll see about the OOC and read Matt's CS. All the while patiently awaiting more Cs's.

Oh... Wow... Things happened while passed out >.> I have the day off today so things will get done..... I just can't decide what I want to do for something and it's driving me nuts o.o lol

Ok then. What is it that you can't decide? I may be of assistance.

Last edited:
I believe... I have seriously messed up my computer and I will be gone for a bit, so unfortunately I won't be able to participate until a later date :(

That's too bad, hope you get things resolved with ease.
Meanwhile, the thread will be here waiting. You're welcome to join at anytime :)

Thank you(: I'm going to go see about purchasing a new one tomorrow. We'll see how that goes >.<, right now it's not doing anything right so I can't do very much.

So is this good to go? We got enough people to play yet? This seems like a lot of fun, and I may even be interested in playing multiple characters

Is this still open?

I believe it is still open... let me find the other link to it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.