Junkyard Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
((OOC: Sorry I took so long to reply, I've been busy.))

Usually, hunting wouldn't be so difficult. Katchow would be able to shoot several rats, and maybe even a bird, on any given day. Except for today, and she had the rain to thank for than. Damned downpour, she thought bitterly, throwing the rats over her shoulder. Kat had only been out for about an hour, getting dinner for everyone. She often did this, because the group had to eat, and she was a pretty good shot. She had just finished stringing all of her catchings- four rats- together, and was going back to meet up with her group. She imagined that because of the rain, they'd probably be exactly where she had left them.

So, imagine her surprise when she returned, only to find Aim and a stranger standing around. "Who is he?" She asked Aim, nodding her head towards the stranger. Her fingers gripped the bow in her hands harder, and her other hand twitched to get an arrow out of her sheath, which was slung across her body. Katchow was always skeptical around strangers, because you really couldn't trust anyone in a world like this. Her eyes shifted around their small area that they had all been earlier, asking yet another question. "And where is everybody else?"

"His names Sam quite friendly so far... Says he a .. Trader of sorts just seeing if he's got the rest of the parts to my almost fixed gun!" Aim said pointing down the the 9mm pistol. "Could you imagine where we could go to scav?! We have so much ammo for it to! Just it be beautiful would it not?" Aim asked in poor grammar. Then pointing at the scrap mountain to the glow that faded "They are up there I think we found something good!" Aim exclaimed energetically. Aim was known for being full of exitment."So you got my parts?" Aim interrogated Sam.

Pocari felt stiff. It was always the consequence of the statue game. He had miraculously remained mostly dry, but for his face and legs. The mouth mask, as much as he liked it, had to go. Like a puppet pulled by strings, Nissin removed his mouth mask at the exact same time Pocari did. Under his dome-like-rain-stopper his mask had remained completely dry, but he didn't need to think about it. Looking different, it just felt odd.

Pocari and Nissin turned their naked faces to the wind, watching some of the crew investigate. Their pretty lustrous lashes giving them a softness they inwardly didn't possess. It took time to soften them up, to get them to care, and they had been in the crew long enough to start caring for some but not all.

Nissin, the more talkative of the two, spoke to the ones remaining, "we're not the curious type," saying it as if answering a question they didn't ask.

Reactions: Amberlin
Dr. Pepper had finally made his way to were the others had gathered around the find. "So," he spoke in his usual smooth and buttery voice, "What have we found here? It is rather large."

(Sorry for the short length of the post. I meant to put this as part of my previous post but forgot to for some reason.)

Dizzywink was beside herself with curiosity. She had never seen a box quite like this, and in such good condition, considering everything else she'd ever come across was sub-par or just plain scrap, if that. She walked around to the other side of the box, circling it like a cat, then came back around to stand beside Exclamation and Kek. Her wild, green eyes were wide with excitement.

"Hey, boss..." she said just above a whisper, as though afraid Exclamation's strange and intriguing new find would get startled and disappear if she spoke too loud. "What...what do ya s'pose it is?"

The temptation to poke the orb was strong, but Dizzy resisted the urge (for once). Her stomach growled loudly, but it was easy to ignore now that her attention was engaged in something other than food or her crazy hair.

Dr. Pepper began circling the box, looking high and low for any sort of distinct markings or controls. "I have no idea what it could be." He was nervous about touching it, especially with everyone here.

(ALright, I need a good solid description of this thing to do any more)

Kek's smile threatened to split his face in half. "Oh....oh my! What on earth......are you seeing this as well?! How marvelous! A, for all we know, previously undiscovered artifact! Can you imagine what secrets this may hold?!" He asked, talking loud and cheerfully as he backed up a bit, holding his hands in front of his face to get a view for the object. What was it, anyways? Something left behind from centuries ago, or something new created recently? He was dying to find out, barely able to resist the temptation of touching the box. Finally calming down, Kek looked to the others.

"Well, interesting, yes, but what should we do with it?"

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Seeing as there wasn't much action on this side of things Pocari punched Nissin on the arm. Nissin turned to look at him and they stared at each other for about a minute.
Finally, Nissin broke eye-contact and said, "you're right."

In perfect unison the pair turned and walked away towards the crew oogling the thingamajig. True they weren't the curious type, but they were also not the type to do nothing. It was boring. Playing statue was more fun, it had purpose! The conversation here had clearly died and they could almost feel the excitement oozing from the others a distance away.

As they reached the group, Kek was asking the question about what to do with the object. Pocari hadn't even seen it yet when he asked, "Can we eat it?"

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Becoming frustrated at Samsung just standing there like a blind fool he continued to the rest of the group "Hey look at that!" Aim exclaimed. As this was said he just picked it up and began tinkering with the box like object for a second. Out of nowhere it started an immense white light that could blind someone in sunglasses! He quickly dropped and fell shutting his eyes yelling "Shit that's Bright as hell!"

The Light seemed to disperse but where was the crew? More importantly Aim looked around seeing a slightly different land scape... Where was he? "Guys?" He asked lightly as he felt truly afraid and grabbed his pocket knife and flipped it open. Sitting under a sheet of metal on a semi comfortable ground he waited thinking about what might happen if he moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.