June Forum Audit and News About Staff

• Welcome back, Iwaku! While we are still working on the site to get it back into shape, we've come back online so you can get back to doing what you love. Check out this announcement for more details.

Astaroth

Chaos is what killed the dinosaurs, darling.
ADMINISTRATOR
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays
Posting Speed
Speed of Light, Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Primarily Prefer Male
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
I play what's needed, but I do like to take the lead. In my one-on-ones, I often like being the "Game Master" in the sense of creating the setting, controlling NPCs, and steering the plot. But I still like input and collaboration from my partners. In group games, I prefer to be the GM or to play a leading or mentor role.
Favorite Genres
I love a little bit of everything. My top choices would be Horror, Modern Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Magical Realism, Noir, Steampunk, Cyberpunk, Splatterpunk, Post-Apocalyptic, Historical, Mystery, old-school High Fantasy, and Sci-Fi (especially Spacesagas). I'd love to do some occasional Clockpunk or Weird West or Wuxia or Dieselpunk, too.
Genre You DON'T Like
I guess the only thing I don't particularly care for is high school drama, and even that can be fun with a good hook.
It's the first of the month, and so it's time to start something we've had in the works for some time now: a site-wide audit of the forums!

NO, THE IRS DIDN'T GET US. IT'S JUST YOUR MADMINS AT WORK.

What this means is that your admin team will be taking the month of June to finalize proposed changes to outdated forum policy, reorganize the site for better navigation, and--most importantly--keep track of how much hands-on moderation is actually needed for Iwaku to run smoothly, so that we can reassess our staff team needs and goals. You may have already noticed a few new sticky threads around the forums, and that's only the beginning. We're going to be really digging at everything for the next month.

As part of the audit, we have temporarily removed all members of the Staff Team. You may have noticed that all those friendly red and pink names have turned blue (or green). No, your admins haven't gone power-crazy and fired everyone! It's simply much easier to inspect all the things if there aren't people touching them and possibly skewing the results. For the next month, all Staff work will be done between the three Administrators only.

To help us out, here are a few things you can do for the course of the next month:

Use Proper Contact Channels

If you have a question or are encountering an error, post a thread in the Help Desk. Remember to check the FAQs before posting to see if it has already been answered!

If you need a thread moved or a post deleted, use the Thread Moderation Request form. You can find it in the footer at the bottom of the forum.

If you see problem behavior or someone breaking the rules, report them.

If it's a private matter but not a report, we encourage you to use the Contact Us form (linked at the bottom of the forum index). This will take your message right to us where it can easily be handled by the first person between the three of us to see it.

Inbox Conversations (private messages) are also fine, but we expect to be getting a heavier inbox load than usual (for obvious reasons). We recommend that you don't PM us unless absolutely necessary or if it's not an urgent matter!

If there is an issue on the Discord server that is time-sensitive, use the @Site Admin tag to alert us. People who abuse this may be kicked or banned from the server; this is for emergencies or ongoing situations only.

In the unlikely event that there is an emergency and you can't reach any of the admins, your next contact should be @Diana or @jared555. You can read more about emergency guidelines here.​

Be a Model Member

Greet newbies in New Arrivals & Departures.

Post birthday wishes on members' profiles. You can see the birthdays of the day on the Members page.

Send in reports for any rules-breaking behavior, possible problems, or other issues you might find.

Write roleplaying guides and exercises or respond to existing threads in the Creative Content areas. You don't have to be staff to make a guide!

Post new threads in General Chatting and reply to existing topics, especially ones that have received few replies.

If you have a suggestion, complaint, or idea, post it in the Help Desk with the IDEA prefix. We always consider member suggestions, but this is a great time to voice your opinion! Remember to keep threads respectful and constructive; if you just bash something, we're going to be less receptive.​

[warning=lime]Keep in mind that the above activities are also things we typically look for when considering staff applicants![/warning]
DON'T Be a Dick

Just because we're going bare-bones doesn't mean we won't be watching, nor that we won't have help. We expect most of our Staff to be returning in July and they'll be keeping an eye out for any nonsense. Sure, it's summer and everyone wants to run wild and free, but you can still get banned for breaking our Golden Rule.

This is also a good time to refresh yourself on our Terms of Service. Some of our rules are explained more in-depth in our official Resources.

GOING FORWARD

In July, we'll be rehiring some of our former staff and posting a new announcement regarding future hires! For now, if you are interested in joining the team, it is best to wait; we plan on introducing an updated staff application along with this announcement. We also won't have a good picture of how many new staff we need to hire until the end of June, when we've completed the audit.
[faq=238][/faq]

You can also expect announcements regarding policy updates as well as see some organizational tweaks roll out starting around mid-June and continuing into July. Exciting stuff!

Meanwhile, your admins will be trying our best not to die. Thank you in advance for your patience while we work to improve the site, and we appreciate if you would send good vibes our way. Keep on keepin' on, Iwaku!

Rosedrachen

The Blood Painter of Raz's
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
Speed of Light, Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
Writing Levels
Intermediate
Female
Both
Favorite Genres
medieval fantasy, low magic, dark fantasy, psychological horror, psychological thriller, grimdark.
Genre You DON'T Like
modern (except for certain scenarios), romance, and love themes.
I want to see a Jorick flop on the floor <3 .

Holmishire

Ghost with no home.
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
Late night PST
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Advanced
Primarily Prefer Female
Passive > Aggressive, but a mix.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Post-Apocalyptic, Superpower'd, and some Sci-Fi.
Genre You DON'T Like
Anything heavily sexualized or silly. I tend to avoid hard sci-fi, horror, and slice-of-life roleplays.
Appreciate the dedication you three have shown since taking charge; I hope this audit proves insightful!

~Happily.Ever.After~

Socially Awkward Penguin
SITE SUPPORT
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
late. [well... most of my partners seem to think so anyways] ... it varys, best to just check with me ^_^
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Douche, Adaptable
Male, Female, Primarily Prefer Female
I love doing both, it really depends. In a group rp that I didn't create or come up with the plot for I prefer to be passive. In group rps that I make and create the plot for I tend to give myself complete control. I am definitely an aggressive style rper in those situations. In a 1x1 or invite only where everyone is involved and helps to create the plot I like to do both, passive and aggressive. I tend to be VERY inquisitive during planning for 1x1's, and will ask questions to basically plan certain things to every little detail (some things I leave to develop in RP, obviously), but that's sort of just how my brain works. I run on a Q&A style generally and am really, really laid back about almost everything. I promise, I would tell you if I was disinterested (I am fairly blunt with my thoughts... though I would word it gently :)).
Favorite Genres
Slice of Life is my favorites, but I also love fandom based* and country based rps. I'm open to trying most things, but there are a couple that I won't do.

*I'm not interested in fandoms I don't know and I am not interested in playing canon characters. I only play OCs.
Genre You DON'T Like
I don't really like super futuristic (I'm fine with things like a Hunger Games setting, but nothing with hovercrafts and wall-e type things please) and I won't do anything scary... me no likey scary thingys.
Good luck admins :)

Cerulean

But does he know about second breakfast?
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Male, Primarily Prefer Male
I like to do both and collaborate with the people I am rping with. Two heads are better than one. If you have a preference one way or the other, that is fine too.
Favorite Genres
I like most. However, I have found I am most comfortable with Fantasy, Sci-fi, Fandom, and Modern.
Genre You DON'T Like
I am willing to try anything once.
But....I wanna be a dick. =(

Jays

Fealty to the Silence
DONATING MEMBER
BITE Fall Community Pick
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week
Writing Levels
Prestige
Male, Primarily Prefer Male
madmins is right

Joan

"You'll never be alone."
DONATING MEMBER
Soap
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Anytime I have internet access, honestly.
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Male, Female, No Preferences
I do like to have a hand in the plot if I can, but it doesn't matter that much.
Favorite Genres
Science fiction
Modern
Fantasy
Horror
Survival
Naturally developed romance
OC Fandom (ask about my fandoms!)
Genre You DON'T Like
Romance-centric/Pre-planned romance
Sex-centric
Furry
Trope-y anime
Fandom with canon characters
Plain slice-of-life
Best of luck, madmins! Please don't die!

Just to be clear, yall are planning for the updated form to come with the July announcement?

Astaroth

ADMINISTRATOR
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Primarily Prefer Male
I play what's needed, but I do like to take the lead. In my one-on-ones, I often like being the "Game Master" in the sense of creating the setting, controlling NPCs, and steering the plot. But I still like input and collaboration from my partners. In group games, I prefer to be the GM or to play a leading or mentor role.
Favorite Genres
I love a little bit of everything. My top choices would be Horror, Modern Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Magical Realism, Noir, Steampunk, Cyberpunk, Splatterpunk, Post-Apocalyptic, Historical, Mystery, old-school High Fantasy, and Sci-Fi (especially Spacesagas). I'd love to do some occasional Clockpunk or Weird West or Wuxia or Dieselpunk, too.
Genre You DON'T Like
I guess the only thing I don't particularly care for is high school drama, and even that can be fun with a good hook.
Best of luck, madmins! Please don't die!

Just to be clear, yall are planning for the updated form to come with the July announcement?
Ah, no, sorry, the app will be out in late June with a smaller announcement; hiring drive announcement will start in July. Apologies for the confusion.

neptune

extraspooky
SITE SUPPORT
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Adaptable
Male, Female, Primarily Prefer Male
I'm a planner, and I tend to throw out ideas left and right and hope that something sticks, so I'm probably more on the aggressive side, but RPing is a partnership and I'm always willing to take a step back.
Favorite Genres
Slice of Life, Horror, Fandoms, Superheroes, Crime, Drama, Grit, Supernatural, Light Sci-Fi, Modern Era, Dark Themes
Genre You DON'T Like
Furry, MLP, High Fantasy, Anime
Good luck, admins!

Kimberlyn

Come Closer, My Dear...
SITE SUPPORT
DONATING MEMBER
Evil Queen
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Varies
Writing Levels
Advanced, Adaptable
Both
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Horror, Light Romance, Sci-Fi Fantasy, Fandoms (Star Wars, Harry Potter, Marvel/DC)
Genre You DON'T Like
Yaoi, Furry, Anthros (except in special cases), Magical Girl, Anime
My beautiful red color ;__;

Don’t die madmins

Greenie

Here in the Void
SECURITY DEPARTMENT
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Male, Female, Androgynous, Primarily Prefer Female
Passive.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror
Genre You DON'T Like
Yaoi
Best of luck with the audit!

The Mood is Write

Ink-Dripping Elfmom, Word Bondage Enthusiast
SITE SUPPORT
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
11PM to 2AM EST, plus or minus a few hours in either direction.
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige
Combination.

My strengths lie more in the direction of emotions and short-term ideas, where my ability to plan out long-term plots is weak. I do best with a partner who helps me cover that weakness.
Favorite Genres
I'm open to a wide range of genres. Obscenely wide. It's harder for me to list all I do like than all I don't like. My absolute favorite is mixed and multiverse, but I'm not limited to those.

• Mixed Genre
• Multiverse
• High Fantasy
• Hard Fantasy
• Low Fantasy
• OP Fantasy
• Science Fantasy
• Modern Fantasy
• Soft Scifi
• Science Fantasy
• Low Scifi
• OP Science Fantasy
• Modern Realistic (Strict)
• Modern Realistic (Loose)
• Urban Fantasy
• Alternate History (Fantasy Preference)
• Post-Apocalyptic Mixed
• Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy
• Post-Apocalyptic Scifi
• Post-Apocalyptic Modern
• Dystopia
• Displacement
• Military
• Dying Earth
• Supernatural
• Drama
• Mystery
• Horror
• Religious
• LBGT
• Crime/Detective
• Parody
• Comedy
• Tragedy
• Romance (Must Include Others)
• Erotic (Must Include Others)
Genre You DON'T Like
The list is short. because it's hard to find genres I don't enjoy.

• Yaoi/Yuri (Gay/Lesbian is fine!)
• Furry
• Fandom
• Historic Non-Fantasy
I'm not crying! You're crying!

kopkiki

眠い魔女
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
Always?
Writing Levels
Intermediate
Female
I ALREADY MISS THE RED NAMES I FEEL LIKE A LOST CHILD IN THE GROCERY STORE LOOKING FOR MY PARENTS

Turtle of Doom

The Monster Under Your Bed
SECURITY DEPARTMENT
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays, Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Douche, Adaptable
Either works for me. And would prefer if the story was gently led by all participating parties.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Magical, Romance, Dystopian, Religious, Post-Apocalyptic, Zombies (but the plot has to consist of more than just mindlessly murdering the undead), Steampunk
Genre You DON'T Like
Yaoi, Furry, Incest
My name D:

Childish Grumpino

NOTHING WAS BEAUTIFUL AND EVERYTHING HURT
SECURITY DEPARTMENT
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
I vote you fire everyone and let the forum go full-on anarchy for a month of two, just for the bants.

Astaroth

ADMINISTRATOR
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Primarily Prefer Male
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
I vote you fire everyone and let the forum go full-on anarchy for a month of two, just for the bants.
Grumpy did you even read. We already did fire everyone.

But it's not anarchy, it's tyranny. 8D

Holmishire

Ghost with no home.
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
Late night PST
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Advanced
Primarily Prefer Female
Passive > Aggressive, but a mix.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Post-Apocalyptic, Superpower'd, and some Sci-Fi.
Genre You DON'T Like
Anything heavily sexualized or silly. I tend to avoid hard sci-fi, horror, and slice-of-life roleplays.

Dipper

Cookiemaster
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
Shake a tin of dice and tell me what numbers they give you.
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Male
I bounce between the two depending on the roleplay.
Favorite Genres
Sci-Fi and Fantasy are my favorites. I'm always on the hunt for these.
Genre You DON'T Like
Anime, Furry, Drama, Modern Fantasy
help, the admins have gone ROGUE

Good luck, admins. BE CAREFUL.

firejay1

The Phoenix
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
My times are pretty erratic, but it's only really rare to see me PST 3-11am. I'm on most of the time.
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Male, Female
Fine doing both! Sometimes I end up aggressive, if no one else is contributing to plot, or if there's one person I feel like is taking over, but if everyone's contributing equally to the pool of ideas, I just let them go ahead and do it.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Slice-of-Life, Modern.
Genre You DON'T Like
Horror, Psychedelic, Gory (gore I can handle as long as it's not gore for gore's sake).
*agrees with turtle. I hate being green. I don't feel like no proper firejay no more.

Other than that... *RUNS AROUND CACKLING AND SETTING THINGS ON FIRE

Greenie

Here in the Void
SECURITY DEPARTMENT
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Passive.