Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
I'm open to a wide range of genres. Obscenely wide. It's harder for me to list all I do like than all I don't like.

My favorite settings are fantasy combined with something else, multiverse, post-apoc, historical (mixed with something else), and futuristic. I'm not limited to those, but it's a good start.

My favorite genres include mystery, adventure, action, drama, tragedy (must be mixed with something else and kept balanced), romance (again must be mixed, and more.

I'm happy to include elements of slice-of-life and romance, but doing them on their own doesn't hold my interest indefinitely.

Best viewed on Thunder Grey.

"I grow so very tired of this.
I detest what my body feels after I am
intimate! It is wrong, and I am not the
only one for whom this condition
causes pain."

Ever since she returned from home after running away, Jade has been unable to form lasting relationships, despite her attempts. She attributes it to a strange sense of unease and wrongness that she thinks was caused by her earlier pregnancy.

Now that she is 44 years old, this young-looking woman moves from man to man, seeking stress relief and exhaustion, only to find herself retching. In a fit of emotion, she fled from her most recent notch-on-the-bedpost and threw open a portal, with the only conditions for the other side to be somewhere, somewhen safe and habitable for human life, and a place where nobody she knew was present.

When she arrives and where will determine where her life goes from here, and she may have to chose between a new life and her old responsibilities.​

Seeking

Seeking

I would love to play Jade leaping into someone else's world. I have made her specially to be moderately skilled if combat comes into play, with her most powerful ability being the ability to flee if she must, while it is limited by her own pride as a fighter. She does not use magic besides her portals, so she shouldn't clash too terribly with most settings.

I would like a roleplay where I can explore my partner's world, and my partner can explore Jade's mind while we work to make her time in her new setting interesting and compelling. I want to include drama, tension, and perhaps also some romance.

Guidelines

Guidelines

[/CENTER]
  1. Ability
    I expect my partners to be capable of proper capitalization, spelling, punctuation, and to use readable sentence structure. I prefer a length of between two sentences (for dialogue or action-heavy scenes) and two pages (or more, I won't be scared off).

I expect careful attention to tense and person, and I will only roleplay in third person, past tense, and I will correct those who use the word "would" in place of a past tense verb. I can supply examples and explanations on request.
    As an important note, typos and very occasional errors are fine. It would be hypocritical of me to say otherwise.

By Iwaku's standards, I am Adept to Advanced.

2. Roleplaying Manners
    I ask my partners do not take control of my characters (including NPCs). I also ask that said partners do not try to use their characters to overpower the setting or antagonists, or to alter my characters or settings in ways not previously asked about and consented to.

When I am GMing for a partner, I expect that partner to adhere to the rules of the world and to the notes I have listed. I have put a lot of work into my settings and plots, and I would appreciate said work being heeded.
    Another request I have is that my partners do not steal art and edit it. Artists put a lot of effort into their work, and seeing someone take it, change it, and not offer even a line of credit to them is disheartening.

For prospective partners uncertain about good roleplay manners, please ask, and I will do my best to explain further.

3. Characters
    My expectations for characters are what a person might expect in a good book. I expect flaws, personality, and relatability. Without these, a character will not hold my interest.

I also expect my partner to do a bit of research and enjoy learning about wherever their character is from, be it my setting, their own, or even just a stereotypical random fantasy/modern/scifi setting-- this means knowing, or being willing to learn, that a sword won't beat most any other weapon expect a sword, that modern people live twice as long as people from medieval times, that higher oxygen in the atmosphere makes for very large lifeforms, and more.

I ask a bit of work beforehand so that the RP doesn't pitter off and end before the story does. A bit more time preparing means a lot more time playing.

Also on the subject of characters, please do not bring in characters who are built for the sake of Deus ex Machina, and to that end, please run all details by me. I have had bad experiences with people who hold secrets about their characters using it as an excuse to destroy all the tension and drama I've created in a single post. Few things feel more pointless than filling up a balloon and beginning to make a giraffe out of it, only for the person for whom it is intended to pop the balloon.

4. Format
    I will play either in PMs or threads. I will not play over skype or any other instant messaging client. I might be convinced to play over Google Documents, but it is unlikely.
    I like to discourage fanciful post formatting in the roleplay, because I have a hard time reading when text is colored or small.

5. OOC
    I am seeking neither OOC romance nor roleplay with one person exclusively. Few things make me feel more uncomfortable than a jealous partner.

On the subject of reminders (because sometimes I do take a long time to reply), I would like my partners to remind me to post if I have taken more than two or three days. My mind is not always up to the task, and if I cannot post for some time, I will inform my partner and ask that we continue when my mind is once more able.

If I take more than a week to reply, it may be that I am having difficulties with my depression. I ask my partners please understand, and to be there when I return so that we can continue. As with before, I will try to let my partners know when this is the issue. I pride myself on being an honest player.

I will not roleplay with anyone below 21. Even though I am not looking for a sexy RP, there will be language, nudity, and gore. Likely, the roleplay itself will be placed within Libertine to keep the kiddies out and cover my rear.
About Jade (Optional Reading)

About Jade

Born with two fathers and one mother, Jade was more often raised by her fathers than her invention-obsessed mother. She learned how to fire a gun before she learned what tampons were.

Her biological father, Jerikko, was a demi-alien from another world who came to her mother's world to give her grandfather and great-uncles their demi powers through a ritual that forever altered them, at the price of shedding the blood of every god in their world.

Her other father, Kevin Grace, is a human who gave his DNA to her siblings, Holly and Judas. He was the security officer of a space ship (The Black Phoenix) that was lost in time, who her mother hired to help her keep the world under her rule.

Jade's mother was the ruler of the world through conquest. She used an army of children during her teenage years and her meeting with the Black Phoenix crew changed how she chose to rule over her troops, and life improved.

At thirteen, Jade had a three-way relationship with a boy from another time-lost space ship and her twin sister, Topaz. The relationship ended with Jade becoming pregnant and fleeing from the world before her family could find out. She returned some time later with stomach pains and diarhea, and most of her family and friends assumed she got sick while travelling. Since then, she's avoided her sister, and broke up with the boy.

At twenty-five, Jade discovered the Hunters through a family friend named Phil. When he was kidnapped, she used his phone to contact his friends, and together they went to rescue him from the Hunter Council's imprisonment. They did, and a few years later, the Council tried again to punish Phil for his disobedience when he refused to kill a werewolf who had young children.

At that time, the current embodiment of the multiverse handed her powers over to Jade, and the girl unintentionally set of Council's shadow stalker servants against them, devouring anyone who willfully hurt others for selfish gain.

After the bloodshed stopped, Jade went to see what happened, and promptly took over when she saw how lost the Hunters appeared to be.

Ten years later, Jade led her Hunters in a war against the Unifiers, who were trying to destroy the multiverse by fusing all of the universes together. They succeeded, but Jade's hands and lips were scarred, and she often has nightmares about the Unifiers and their strange experiments.

Currently, Jade is managing Hunter affairs and dodging her twin. Her bodyguard, a Hunter and ordained priest named Ortega, protects her every other month.

Jade sleeps around often, but regularly vomits shortly afterwards and feels filthy for days after the fact.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: FoxyAlice
To those interested, please PM me. =) I'm still looking.

Looking again. =) If anyone's interested, please PM me!

Please let me know if you're interested. I have two openings for roleplays involving Jade!

I promise I won't bite. Please RP with me. =)

I'm open for one more RP. Please don't be shy!

I'm a little reticent given the sheer power that Jade wields...

At that time, the current embodiment of the multiverse handed her powers over to Jade, and the girl unintentionally set of Council's shadow stalker servants against them, devouring anyone who willfully hurt others for selfish gain.

I'm fine with giving this a shot, but with a character wielding so much power, what would be a challenge to her, other than trying to find a way over her internal psychological issues? I'm nothing if not a diverse person when it comes to roleplay, so I could definitely build an interesting world for Jade to explore, but am reluctant to jump into this headfirst given what might be the impossible task of giving Jade any sort of challenge.

PM me or reply if you're interested in RPing with me after taking a peek at my Roleplay Resume and my first blog post.

Cheers!

I'm a little reticent given the sheer power that Jade wields...

I'm fine with giving this a shot, but with a character wielding so much power, what would be a challenge to her, other than trying to find a way over her internal psychological issues? I'm nothing if not a diverse person when it comes to roleplay, so I could definitely build an interesting world for Jade to explore, but am reluctant to jump into this headfirst given what might be the impossible task of giving Jade any sort of challenge.

PM me or reply if you're interested in RPing with me after taking a peek at my Roleplay Resume and my first blog post.

Cheers!

Hello! I'll PM you more information. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.