JULEZ' INTERVIEW SHOW/THREAD THING 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
...My....Interview... is....lame?

*Cries*

WHY?!

Anyways.... What's your favorite type of genre of Role Playing?

Can't really say I have a favourite... I move in cycles between different urges. I always have the following:

1 traditional fantasy urge, to have epic, world-spanning stories of harsh medieval realism and chivalrous ideals.

1 sci-fi urge, to capture the sense of exploring the truly unknown and dealing with the horrors of space and isolation.

1 modern urge, to capture my old love of things like Silent Hill, Se7en, Twin Peaks and Silence of the Lambs.

My main types of character are the noble crusader who clings to his ideals and cares for others (Lamord, Darius, Asmo), the smooth-talking and ultra-intelligent villain who is physically weak but psychologically astute (Raife, Dayne, Lucien), or the sexual deviant who follows the Dionysian principle and sways between sex and death instincts (Jason, Lester, the Inquisitor).

I've also lately started dabbling in comedic quasi-autistic characters like Nathan and Sebastian, but usually the other players don't allow me to pursue these directions, because they all refuse to take the leadership role, meaning I have to step in and abandon my initial premise.

So, at the end of the day, I'm either a father-figure or a catalyst villain. I've never been given much space for anything else, since people naturally defer to me no matter what character I make.

But if I had to choose any genre, it would be horror. It always holds a special place in my heart, and can be adapted to a huge range of moral and psychological messages.

I love your explanation!

Anyways, Would you say there is any major reason why you have never really left Iwaku? You've been here a long time, so why don't you explain why you've stayed?

*looks at TK*

*looks at Psy*

*glares at Amp*

*looks at Piro*

*looks at Donkey*

Er, well, partly the sparsity of friends thing... but that's probably about 45% of it.

The other 55% is arrogance. I believe that no one else can do what I do. No one else can motivate roleplays the way I can, or take a near-professional approach to developing characters and story arcs.

As such, it's my prophecy that Iwaku would eventually fall apart if I left. And that's too much of a loss for me to accept - too many stories and relationships gone to waste.

And if the members here have anything like the teenage years and early 20s that I had, then having a special place where they can indulge their creative side is truly important. Some of the best years of my life were when I had my D&D group - years and years of characters, moral questions, stories and dreamscapes. It was the first time that all the rage and sorrow of losing my brothers at an early age could be articulated, the emotions channelled and given meaning.

I guess in a way, I hope that there's a younger me out there somewhere, among the members, whose life can be changed simply from knowing that there is someone there who cares.

There was a time when I would have given anything to have an Asmodeus watching over me.

So yeah, I guess I'm playing my own mentor in some fucked-up, twisted way.

And yeah, I also use Iwaku to make overly dramatic statements like this... I guess that's another part of me that needs to be chanelled.

*Hugs Asmo*

PLEASE visit Ohio, I wanna talk with you.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNYways.....

Where do you get the inspiration to have such a sarcastic, witty view at times?

Well, I'm sure it's deeply rooted in anger and bitterness...

... the wit first started as an internal monologue when the bullies were roasting me alive at Grammar School. I used to rehearse all these clever and menacing things that I would say to them (I guess that was my first "roleplaying" experience). I also withdrew into my own little world that became increasingly surreal and bizarre.

So I suppose the wit is like a giant over-compensation for all the things I was too afraid to say in my childhood. I later used it when my parents were annoying me (again as an internal monologue). And then later, when I started working with kids with asperger syndrome, I had to keep my wit on top-form because the kids were very smart and very sharp. They would constantly question you and try to find your weakness, intimidate you, play you against the other staff - so the only option was to keep yourself equally fast and smart and "out-talk" them.

I think it's only natural - if your energy gets blocked at one point, it's gonna come out somewhere else.

If I don't use wit and sarcasm, I feel my anger rising, so I guess it's a release mechanism.

Awwww....so if you don't do it, will you explode in anger and fury?

*thinks about it and stares at Asmo*

That would be interesting......

Anyways, is there anything you'd like to change about Iwaku?

*weeps over Donkey*

Whyyyyy? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOD????

If I had complete power over Iwaku, I would probably fuck it up with the amount of ideas I want to try. I still think there's too many sections, which makes the main page look cluttered.

I would go for a more IC feel to things... to give the sense that you are "entering" different parts of the Iwaku experience. Each genre section would have different design styles (colours, fonts, banners), whilst the Cbox and General area would have a smoother "lounge" or "bar" feel. And insanity would be a strange little corner where the web design breaks down, resulting in inverted graphics and fragmented images.

And wherever you go, your profile would change, displaying your information in different ways. Your avatar picture would also change to your current roleplay character or persona in that genre. This would give a real sense of a "world" where you travel, becoming different aspects of yourself in different areas.

*starts measuring up Donkey for a coffin*

*Sighs*

Guys, please. Stop that.

This isn't insanity. This isn't just for fun, it's so the new people can find out what we're like.

Now, Asmo, is there anything you'd like to say before you leave to do important things?

COULDN'T CARE LESS!

COULDN'T CARE LESS!!

COULDN'T CARE LESS!!!

IT'S. FUCKING.
COULDN'T

IF YOU COULD CARE LESS, THEN THAT MEANS YOU DO CARE QUITE A BIT.

IF YOU COULDN'T CARE LESS, IT MEANS YOU CARE AS LITTLE AS IS HUMANLY POSSIBLE.

SAYING YOU COULD CARE LESS ABOUT SOMETHING DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. BECAUSE IT MEANS YOU'RE MAKING A CONSCIOUS EFFORT TO CARE ABOUT SOMETHING THAT SHOULDN'T BE CARED ABOUT THAT MUCH.

BUT IF YOU COULDN'T CARE LESS, IT MEANS YOU HAVE NO POSSIBLE ABILITY TO IGNORE AND DISREGARD THE SUBJECT ANYMORE THAN HOW YOU ARE IGNORING IT NOW.

C.O.U.L.D.N.'.T

Yes, yes.

Now, next up, we haaaaaaaaaaaaave.....

PSYCHOSIS!

O____________O;

*gets up out of seat, tries to scoot past WMD's, and trips over his feet to crash to the aisle floor. Quickly scrambles to her feet again with a muttered apology and a red face, to run the rest of the way down to the stage*

I'm just going on record saying that I'm seriously considering getting a restraining order against anyone belonging to the ISAF. <.<; *glares at Top*

*Shrugs*

I do not find that offensive.... maybe he does, but not I...... So, Psy, start off by telling about yourself, the persona you have on Iwaku, and about the you that cares on tasks in the real world.

Well, uh... I.... like coming up with stories? ^^; Like... one every two weeks or so. o.o; I've never finished one though. EVER. ^^; I just... get too easily distracted. <.<;

My persona is... like me? o.o;

And... My real self... spends way too much time on the internet. <.<;

I'm not... good... with vague questions. ^^; Ask something a little more specific, please?

What is your role on IW?

*glares at Orochi and Chaos* Good gods, they even followed me here... >/////<

My role in IW... well, out-of-character, I guess I'm just Porg's assistant who runs the character sheets through the shred- I mean, checks them and approves them! ^^; In-character... I'm pretty much Asmo's lackey, I guess. My main goal on there for my character is to have her be one of the ones who helps return Asmo to his original state- no longer being mad and all, you know? And his original power, too. He looked better with wings. <.<;

Awwwww, you still have hopes and dreams! That's so cute!

*Ahem*

Now, tell us about your exploits on Iwaku, tell us about the good times, the bad times, and such and so forth.

Well, let's see...

Possibly one of the best times I had was back in the Christmas of 2007, when we had that Christmas RP going and Asmo was playing the Scrooge trying to ruin Christmas by hitting Santa Xnijmai with an Emo Ray and everyone was supposed to get the three spirits of Christmas, Chaos, Paorou, and... Rory, I think it was? Anyways, we were supposed to get the three spirits of Christmas to go and change Asmo's heart/mind, only it all went straight to hell and I still blame it on Paorou. -___-

That was the RP where I created the elf, Memsy. ^-^ She had a giant peppermint lollipop that she could use to bring Christmas Goodies to life with. When that didn't work, she could hit you with it, too (and it would still taste great~!) Her introductory post was the first post Asmo ever complimented me on! (Of course, my memory's a bit fuzzy, but I think it was the last post, too... <.<; )

Bad times... That would be during the Admin War. I... really, really, REALLY wanted to get into a fight in that one. My first opportunity was at Stormwing, with Myrn's help, going up against the ISAF jets. Myrn never posted. Asmo wound up taking them all out. My next attempt was with an eighteen-foot alien that looked like some kind of freaky canine going up against that mecha-thing. After that, there was a huge lull in posting, I wound up having to disappear for some reason, and then Asmo screwed up with Homac and Iwaku went KABOOM (for the first time).

My favourite exploit... probably my attempts to mentally scar the male members of Iwaku with my yaoi fantasies. ^-^ Of course, there are certain people who aren't so badly affected by it (*COUGHRYKERCOUGH*) but I've recently discovered a new fandom that seems to be taking care of that... (Mmmmm~ Transformers. *drools*)

I've been cutting back with that lately due to starting college classes back in June (summer courses, you see) but I still manage to have fun! ^-^

Keep on subject please. Thank you.

Psy, what would you say is your favorite character?

Uhh... what, out of my own here on Iwaku? ^^; Well, I'd have to say Rieme from The Legacy Mass RP. She was my very first character ever created here on Iwaku, and I include my self-representation in that; back then, I still hadn't really figured myself out, if that makes any sense at all. It was fun, though, playing an amnesiac fourteen-year-old with the ability to sense approaching danger. XD Especially after she learned her first word: "Shoe". (The one-sided romance with Asmo's character Sebastian was entertaining, as well~) I still feel bad for dropping out before it finished, though. ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.