Judo x Jovi [Insert Interesting Title Here]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounded reasonable. "I don't tend to be social much anyway, since I'm not here a lot either. Due to traveling. For work. I think that's why Fluffy goes rogue so much, heading out. He's just not a fan of being alone."

Man, he sounds like a horrible dog owner now.

"I mean, I used to take him along, you know? But he got stubborn about it and wouldn't leave after the first few times."

That sounds better. At least, he hoped so. Man, it's hard to make up stories about his own other self.

Listening to him talk about Fluffy not wanting to be alone Maia smiled. "Well, anytime that you need to leave he's welcome to come to my place. My classes end after tests this week and I'll be looking for a teaching position so my hours will be more regular thankfully. Coming home at two am from the college without a car can be a little nervewracking." She said with a laugh.

"What do you do?" She asked him curiously. Hopefully he didn't feel like she was prying any.

"Of course you don't have to tell me," she said and then blushed. Now she just sounded like an idiot.

Kai went to get her some water and decided to make a second glance for himself too before joining Maia and handing one to her.

"Teaching is an admirable field, hard too. I couldn't handle it myself. I do best when I don't have to deal with more than a small handful of people."

She was cute when she blushed, and he had to mentally elbow himself not to comment on it. No need to make her think he only let her in so he could hit on her.

"Answering is no big deal. I'm just a body for a private investigator. He sends me out to do legwork mostly, stuff that I shouldn't mess up too badly. Well, that's how it started, anyway. I do a bit more than just the small stuff now, but I'm still small fry." He grinned at her, a little proud of himself. "But that's part of why I leave so much, though it's almost never totally planned."

Taking the glass of water from Kai, Maia smiled at his comments about teaching. She wasn't very sure how she would handle it but it was what she had always wanted to do so she was excited to try.

"I'm excited and a little worried all at the same time," she admitted with a chuckle. "I'm going to be teaching high school students so on top of being in front of quite a few kids they'll all be super hormonal."

Maia gave him a smile. "That's pretty awesome. I definitely wouldn't be able to do something like that. I'm a little on the clumsy side." She told him. Pushing some of her hair behind her ear she looked around the room as she took a sip of water.

"I'm surprised Fluffy sleeps so well. The only other dog I've ever been around wouldn't stay away from guests. He was jumping all over." She said laughing. Sitting back in the couch she leaned her head back for a moment. "I'm still sorry that I woke you up so early in the morning and then had to bother you with this as well." She said giving him an apologetic smile as she sat back upright.

[[Sorry for the delay, had one hell of a week]]

He nodded enthusiastically. "You seem like you have an awesome personality to be able to handle high school students. I'd probably end up throttling them or something," Kai commented with a grin. "When Fluffy was younger he was all for the attention, but he's probably wore out after being out all night. And please, don't worry about waking me and keeping me up. What good is a neighbor if you can't ask for help at random times?"

[[I hope everything's okay!]]

Maia laughed. "I know what you mean. I have a bit of a temper but I'm able to control it now, plus the biggest issue will be the high school boys. Because of my height my practicum experience wasn't the best, they all thought I was still in high school." Taking a drink of her water she turned slightly on the couch with one leg at an angle and the other on the floor. "Well, thank you Kai. It would've been a bit awkward sitting outside my apartment in a long t-shirt and a coat." Shaking her head she ran a hand through her hair. "I'm also a bit sorry that I never came and introduced myself."

[[Work insanity, and a lack of sleep between work and appointments. Slowly recovering from it, but hopefully I'll be back in the swing of things here soon.]]

"No biggie. It's not like I've really made myself well known in the building myself." He shifted and stood there for a moment before moving to sit down. "I can see why your height might be misleading, but I don't think I could imagine you any taller. Maybe of you dress, uh... What's it, business like or something? I mean, I don't think any of the boys at least would mistake you for a high schooler in a really nice skirt, blouse, and heels."

In fact, imagining that with what he knew about her legs had Kai blushing a little, trying to keep his face turned a little to the side without being rude to hide the coloring of his cheeks some.

Maia grinned. "I don't really fit with professional clothes. Don't get me wrong, I try, but I personally feel I look a little ridiculous in them." She laughed. "I plan on wearing heels at least to try and give myself a bit of height but the reality is that if the boys think I'm a pretty teacher they wont take me seriously for a while anyway. Maybe I'll let them watch me spar against someone."

"Kidding, I wont condone violence. Obviously. But with my martial arts I can take care of myself. It's the only reason I'm comfortable walking from the college to the apartment in the dark so late." She sighed running a hand through her hair.

Silently Kai decided he'd watch out for her when he wasn't needed at work late, because even martial arts wasn't as scary as a huge dog like wolf.

"Any advantage you can get is good," he commented. "But, I'd still like to see how look in professional clothing sometime. You probably don't look as bad as you think." Kai offered a friendly smile. Would it be weird to say she smelled good? Probably.

"You smell good."

He was a genius, it was official.

"I mean, that was totally not supposed to come out of my mouth. It should have stayed in my head."

Maia looked over at Kai for a moment and gave him a smile. "Well, sometime when I dress professionally then I'll come over and say hi." She chuckled a bit as she ran a hand through her hair.

Hearing the compliment she blushed a bit. Was he hitting on her? As he backpedaled a bit she couldn't help the grin that spread across her face.

"It's alright, I'd much rather smell good than smell bad." She told him reassuringly. "So, thank you." She was still blushing but it had been a long time since she'd been around a man, she was also painfully aware of her clothing.

Leaning her head back against the couch she turned so she was still looking at him. "Do you do any sports?"

He shook his head emphatically. "No, no sports. Unless you think of running as a sport, but I don't think many people do." Kai rubbed his ear with his palm. "And I can assure you, you definitely don't smell bad." He mumbled that last bit, feeling pretty self conscious about the comment still. "What about you? Sports? Or any other hobbies?"

Maia grinned. "Running is a sport. I run, practice martial arts, and sin." She said in answer to his question. "That's about the only thing I do outside of studying for classes or working. I have no social life. You're probably the first, non work or school related person I've talked to. Unless catcalling when I walk by could be considered talking." Maia was scowling at the last sentence as she ran a hand through her hair.

He frowned. "I don't think catcalling is talking. And while I don't blame anyone for it, I would think it would be more effective to approach you and say something, even if it was said after the catcall."

His head tilted, hearing footsteps but knowing he couldn't say something about it. "I've thought about trying martial arts but I'd likely get thrown around."

Maia looked over at Kai with a grin on her face. "For some reason, people think I'm intimidating. It would be more effective to talk to me though." She told him as she leaned her head against the couch. She was starting to slowly drift off to sleep as they talked.

"You can always practice with me. I might throw you around but I'd help you learn." She told him, her eyes closed as she brought her legs up under her and wrapped her arms around herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.