Journey without end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akila landed hard on her side, her head ringing from the impact. Her wig had fallen at some point during the passage through time. She had tried desperately to retrieve it but it slid out of her grasp. Now she was on the Titanic, bald. Quite an entrance. Well at least she still had her clothes on her. That was good.

Although she couldn't quite understand where she was. She was in a room, yes she was sure of that. But, it wasn't a room that she was ever used to. And the swaying motion, what could be causing the swaying. As she slowly grew accustomed to her surroundings, her eyes took hold on the thing that Colleen jumped on. Akila was surprised to see that the girl didn't hurt herself but she bounced a little. Very curious, Akila rose from the floor and joined her, although not so eagerly. Gingerly she laid her bottom on the bed and let out a "Oh!" as her rump sank into the sheets.

Without thinking, she laid herself out on the bed eyes closed in heavenly bliss.

"What is this?" She asked, the words coming out in English.

View attachment 10932

doomed ship pushed on through calm waters. What a marvel to behold! Steam bellowed in thick

The doomed ship pushed on through calm waters. What a marvel to behold! Steam bellowed in thick
clouds above her main decks, against a salty gray sky. The scene looked so picturesque it could have been hung above a fireplace, no doubt, with the description of 'Remembering the Titanic' engraved on it's wooden frame.

Gulls flocked, scavenging for bits of stale bread or if lucky, a piece of meat or cheese. However, pickings were slim as most of the immigrants aboard, the ones poor enough to dine out side, took care not to spill a single crumb.

~While the group of Time travelers were getting used to their new surroundings, the captain of the ship was upending a bottle of Irish whiskey~

"Two cases" The Captain mused through a pair of wet lips set in the middle of a red face "Should be enough to get us through the the week, at least until we can restock in the Americas."

Captain Edward Smith stood in his quarters accompanied by Second mate Adams, the man who mistakenly boarded our time travelers as a traveling circus. The Captains quarters were, by far, the nicest on the ship. They even dwarfed the luxurious first class 'presidential suite' with it's extraordinary 'Bow view' and fully stocked bar.

"Of course sir, right as usual."

Remarked Second mate Adams, who had grown tired of being a 'yes man' to the drunk, womanizing Captain. For the last 3 nights Captain Smith had requested Adam's find him a different lady to entertain him. Most were young, mid-twenties, impressionable and tickled pink that the captain wanted to meet them! The night would begin with a drink, or two, and end with the Captain passed out on top of them. It was just how things were, Adams accepted that. Even with his own Quarters just down the hall, and well within earshot of the Captain's nightly ritual, he accepted it. While distinguished, rich men enjoyed high society life at sea, the captain enjoyed their daughters, and Second mate Adams suffered.

"And sir, if I may? Be sure to address the passengers at the dinner tonight. They are awaiting your company most apprehensively, I'm sure." Captain Smith was of course too far into his bottle of whiskey to notice the hair line twinge of sarcasm in second mate Adams voice. It was well known that the Captain was a drunk, respected purely for his political weight.

View attachment 10933On the other end of the ship, down one of the many staircases and through the second class housing section, The Doc studied the insides of his eyelids with utter concentration. He took in all the information that was given to him and sifted through it like a miner panning for gold. He always took his time with important or troubling news, and being on a ship destine to sink was just about as troubling as things could get. When he finally opened his eyes, he first noticed Zakia and smiled. Her child like fascination, which in many ways mirrored his own, always brought a smile to his face. He quickly glanced over the others. What a motley crew we are, though The Doc. What in the hell, if anything, do we all have in common? Why are we here? Was the relation Akila had with the cave people pure coincidence? He took his spectacles off and wiped the glass with the inside of his shirt.These were questions Doctor Arthur Stein could not answer, but he had a feeling he knew what needed to be done.

"Well, then! I guess we have little choice of what to do. As impossible as it might be, we have to save the Titanic before…" He trailed off trying to remember what Jimmy had said "Midnight on April 14th''

He checked the watch in his pocket, not the time device, but his actual watch

"We have a little less than two days to do so." The Captain smiled "I guess we are up against time!"

Fate, chance, luck, whatever word used to describe the 'forces that be', again knocked on the door, literally.

Knock Knock Knock.

The sound of knuckles on wood penetrated the silence. The Doc walked to the door and opened it to find a young man in a newsboy hat with a sheet of paper in his hand. It was apparent from his demeanor and non-existent eye contact that he had been to 50 cabin doors already today.

"Hello sir, I am here on behalf of Captain Smith. He would love to have your groups presence at the dinner tonight, being held in the grand ball room and…." When the man finally lifted his eyes his mouth hit the floor. "I…I" He stuttered, his eye's going from the twins, to Damian, to Zakia's hair then to Colleen who lay on the bed.

The Doc smiled.

"We are a performance art group, or traveling Circus from France." The line sounded rehearsed, and it was. After all the lie had fallen into the time travelers hands.

"So tell me young man." The Doc said to the wide eyes crew member "Might be be so lucky as to meet the Captain at the dinner tonight."

At first he said nothing, swallowed hard, then partially regained his composure

"Yes, yes Of course! The Captain himself will be there! And I might add he would love to meet you lot!"

The Doc thanked him and shut the door. He studied the paper for a moment before looking at his fellow travelers.

"I don't suppose any of us remembered our evening attire. I guess we'll just have to tell people we are very dedicated to our work?" He laughed, thinking about a dedicated circus freak that never broke character.

"The ball starts at dusk, dinner and dancing along with a chance to meet the Captain. Hopefully we can learn more about him."

The Doc was already brewing a plan. He had especially liked the detail brought to his attention by Colleen. It seemed the Titanic was a well known icon from her reality and time, and as such, the Captain was well known. He was a drinker, and more importantly a womanizer. It would be simple enough to get close to him and the main controls of the ship, but the Doc wasn't sure how any of these girls would feel about this. Zakia was like a daughter to him, so she was out of the question. The twins -looked- too young, although adorable, he didn't think the Captain would want the reputation of bedding teen aged girls, the same went for Akila. Melody didn't seem like the type either, she seemed a little uneasy with talking to new people. That left Colleen. She was feisty and not a bit shy, but how would she feel about approaching the captain under false pretenses?

"Tomorrow night we need to steer this ship away from the ice berg. I am betting our dear Colleen would be the perfect decoy, using her to get into his quarters, then changing the ships coordinate, but that is only if we can get close enough to the Captain for him to notice her. As for the rest of us…does anyone know the first thing about piloting a vessel like this?"

He paused looking to everyone in the room, then added

"While I am a certified genius, I know very little about nautical specifications and travel. We must work as a team. Our first objective is getting to that dinner without raising any suspicion"

Feeling a stare on her back, Zakia tore herself away from the wallpaper before her eyes. It was a very hard thing to part from, though, she did so after another moment of taking in the exquisite pattern.
"Mm?"
Finding the dressed up gentleman had addressed her as 'Girl', she simply responded with a smile, her hands folding in front of her lap with a turn.
"You would not believe how underappreciated these walls feel! They are laid out for all to see, and have obvious signs of patience and work put in to every inch of them. Yet, I highly doubt the passengers aboard this vessel take note of them at all.. And, I find it sad."
Brows furrowing, she considered objects as living beings sometimes. One should always be weary of what could be listening in on a conversation. Humans could be living their lives without knowledge of supposidly inanimate items actually having the ability to hear and feel. What if they could? What if they can this very moment? If this was true, Zakia would be the last one wanting to offend any of them, even the floorboards which were trampled upon day in and day out. They supported without question and without complaint. They were the real troopers here, in this very room.
However, she would digress and join in on the topic at hand now that she had her attention shifted.

As a nervous man appeared at the doorway to their room, Zakia blinked and stared at him. The hat upon his head intrigued her, and she actually had the sudden interest in swiping it from his hair. Yet, she pulled back on this desire, and stood quietly. Still, her fingers twirled against her buttoned up coat, fidgeting with a clearing of her throat.
The Doctor mentioned that they were a traveling Circus from France. France! Oh, she had always wanted to visit the lovely country.. This was even a greater blessing, though! To be pretending they were French performers was a gift, and she planned to live up to it as long as she could. Holding back her shoulders, Zakia angled her chin upwards a tad, bringing grace and elegance into her posture. Well, she felt more fancy standing this way, that was for certain. Smiling politely to the man as he eyed her dark brown dreads, with blues and purples mixed in, she watched as he left willingly.
Zakia wore heavy looking boots, yes, but they were not as thick as they appeared. Skipping over softly, lightly thudding against the well-built floor beneath them, her eyes peered over her mentor's shoulder at the paper that was handed over to him, as leader of their group. Scanning along the words, admiring the way they were drawn out more than the actual meaning behind them, Zakia heard the inquiry floating along the air in the room.
Could anyone pilot a vessel like this one, she wondered after it was echoed against her ears. Hmm. Raising her arm up high to the ceiling, her face lit up quickly.
"OOH. I dreamt this wonderful scene once! I was in charge of a pirate ship! The deck was gigantic.. and the waves!"

Stepping back, Zakia had her arms reenacting the imagery that played behind her eyes. Legs wide apart, bent at the knees, her back was arched a bit, her hips shifted out, angled at the waist. It was quite a show.
Tossing a couple of dreads from her view, her white teeth showed out with excitement, reliving the moment from her sleep that was so vivid in her mind. Though, that was the thing: it was a dream. It had not happened. It was not real. Pity.
"But.. No. I never have.. actually been behind the control of a ship.. or anything of this sort."
Sheepishly bringing her heels back together, her eyes averted downward away from everyone in the room. No, she was not embaressed, she never was. It was disappointment. She knew it would be such fun to be the captain of a ship.. She just knew it.

As Damian was trying to wrap the gauze around his torso and hold the gauze in place at the same time, he heard some of the folks he had been time traveling with use a tone of voice similar to that which some one would use when meeting some one new, then he heard two new and seemingly subdued voices. He turned about, noting Colleen and Akila on beds, Melody freaking out again, and Jazzy Jim addressing two young girls who reflected each others appearance.

He turned his body so that he could get a better look at them while not having to crane his neck. They seemed very collected and like they were playing poker or something. Also they seemed to have some articles on their person that made Damian think they had been in a lab or something. He was going to say something to the young girls, when he noticed Zakia examining the wall. There was a knock at the door, which the Doc answered and Zakia was then talking about the wall as if it had feeling. Damian took in a breath and opened his mouth once again to say something but decided it wasn't worth the effort and let his breath out in a sigh and listened to the Docs plan instead. It was simple enough, and Damian may even be able to help, there were some ships around in his time that looked similar to this ship and may have similar controls.
"I can not say for sure, Senior Doc. I will need to see the controls to be sure." He ran a hand through his hair and realized it was somewhat grimy "Maybe I can sneak into the place and take a look. But not now, I need a bath. So if you would please excuse me everyone." He put the gauze in his pocket and wrapped up the bandage he'd been trying to use. "Chicas" he said to the girls, tipping an invisible hat to the girls as he walked by to the bath room.

Colleen held her gaze back with one of the twins, as her eyes narrowed, slowly. She was finding it... odd, to say the least. She didn't last more than twenty seconds. Her mouth opened and closed several times before she actually managed to pull out some words.

''You... you were not here before right? Who are you... two?'' she asked, looking at the other twin with the same puzzled expression. She frowned, and turned around to face Akila, who was on the same bed.
''And you- Cleopatra, you speak in english!? What is going on here!?''

Just then someone knocked at the door.
Colleen kept looking at the twins, but her attention was set on the conversation going on at the door.
Dinner?
Does that mean....

''Another party!?''
she whispered, as she grinned, turning her head back to the Doc. Yes apparently there was some dinner party going on! And she couldn't just show up like that- her clothes smelled like prehistoric men, and her hair was looking just as bad. But what am I going to wear! The only things she had was what was on her bag, and from there she could only take her purple leggings and her yellow shirt. Which were not very fancy, but were clean at least.

...did he just say....

''Am I to what...? with the captain...?'' she asked, giving the Doc a surprised look.

She placed both hands in front of her, gesturing him to stop. There was a crucial point she needed to explain.

''I REALLY. Need. To fix this hair up,''
she explained, looking at him with her eyes open wide.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> [DASH=green] What do I know? I know it sunk. I know a great mass of people died with the ship. I know of the destructive force an iceberg can cause to the flimsy material that this society has. Nari then just shrugged. There was no point divulging her knowledge when many people were already in hysterics over the supposed 'inevitable' event. At least she thought it would an event that couldn't be avoided until the doctor began to reveal a plan he had cooking within him.

The girl with the dreadlocks had Nari's attention since they came into this room. This girl was the one who stared at walls with intrigue; that baffled Nari. Who could be so enthralled with something soo.. trivial? Average? She didn't know the exact word, but it didn't matter since the dreadlock girl began to talk… about the walls… Nari just sorta looked at Dari, not quite sure why someone would be so adamant about walls. How strange these people are. Do they all cherish the walls this much? What else will happen? Will they kiss the freezing water claiming that it needs to be shown love?

At last! The wounded man spoke, saying something that added to the conversation, not just simple questions. Of course this got Nari's attention.. his shirtless body was also pretty distracting, but Nari would not allow that to be known; she couldn't. Having any sort of feelings for someone who was not your matched couple was forbidden in her society. Plus, her younger appearance probably discouraged any form of wooing.

Colleen? Who is Colleen? Who are any of these people?
Quietly, Nari looked around the room. Soon enough the question of who Colleen was got answered; it was the girl who had been staring. Didn't she know it was rude to stare.. even if we are a something different. The only facial reaction Nari gave was a simple raise of an eyebrow before she simply said, "I am Nari. This is my twin Dari."

Her answer was just given when Colleen began to show a great wave of emotion towards.. Cleopatra? Is this that Egyptian ruler who supposedly killed herself with bites from a snake? Multi colored eyes scanned the room for this historical Egyptian but none of them seemed to matched the description that Nari had tucked away in her mind… only one girl seemed to be the only possible person. This is so very exciting! It seems I am in a room with many people from different cultures. This is a dream come true. Nari's stomach was bubbling with excitement; she wanted to bounce on the tip of her toes and grin like that of a toddler, but she wasn't going to… that would go against her people.

She leaned in closer to her sister after the shirtless male walked by them, swooning on the inside just like a 14 year old might. "Dari," Nari whispered. "I believe I am going against our society and feelings.. things.. towards that shirtless male." She almost felt ashamed admitting that to her twin.

[/DASH]

Akila listened to the boy at the door with mild interest. All of these terms that were being thrown about she didn't quite know. Circus? French? Chicas? As each new word was tossed out, the more she frowned and the more her eyebrows came together. She wasn't all that worried about it, although everyone else seemed to be.

At Colleen's words, Akila sat up, turned towards the woman and raised an eyebrow.

"English? Well I guess I am since you can understand me but when did I start speaking English? That is your language yes?" Her eyes flashed towards the twins. "And when did they get here? They weren't with us at the cave."

She felt the beginnings of a headache begin at her temples, the pain throbbing along with her heart beat. The woman just wanted to go home now, forget about how comfy the damn bed was.

"Oh someone please explain to me what all of these new words mean? What's a Circus? What's the Titantic? You said it was a ship, what is a ship? And please tell me why does it feel like the floor is moving?!"

Slow, rocking waves gave way to calm waters as the sun sank into the western sky of 1912. The Titanic was somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic ocean, about a day before her 'grand finale' that would be legend for years to come.

The Doc tried his best to explain the situation to Aklia, but how do you explain a ship to someone barley has a concept of the earths massive bodies of water? He tried anyway.

View attachment 11113"It is like a floating structure!"

He said triumphantly, speaking for Colleen, who was more concerned with her hair than anything else.

"A floating temple!"
He realized that 'floating' might not make sense

"The Titanic is a Ship, that sits on water....."

He pointed out the port side window as he said water

"…just like a house sits on land"
Grey eyebrows raised, apparently happy with his explanation. He wished he could have sat down and gone into a detailed story about the fundamental inner working of a steam powered ship, but there wasn't enough time.

The Doc addressed everyone when he spoke next, the plan was simple enough, but it would take timing.

"Our first plan of action is to get the Captain to notice Colleen tonight at the dinner, and hopefully she'll get invited to his quarters for a 'night cap' tomorrow evening."

He looked to Damian now

"Since the captains quarters will be empty tonight during the dinner, It might be a good idea for you to get a look at the controls of the ship. I am against violence, but if anyone gets in your way…."

The Doc shook his head

"Subdue them, it is the only way to guarantee our success. We can't be spotted." He knew Damian was still recovering, but he was the only one who might be able to pilot the ship.

Later that evening.

View attachment 11114In the main dinning hall people gathered, dressed to impress in their finest apparel. Women wore long swooping dresses and carried custom made hand bags, while the men were clad in suites and polished shoes. It was defiantly a grand event. Three long tables stretched across the wooden floor and were adorned with white linen cloth and just about every appetizer imaginable. Across the hall from the tables was a large dance floor and a 13 piece band, playing calming melodies into the early evening air. Some danced, others drank and most flocked to meet the captain.
It was going to be a night to remember.

The Doc, who besides running a brush through his thick gray hair did nothing to dress for the event, stood proudly beside those that accompanied him. He wasn't sure at first where to sit. Was there assigned seating? Did first class passengers have first dibs? But his questions were immediately answered when a highly decorated man came to greet them. It was second mate Adams, Captain Smiths 'yes man' and the reason they weren't thrown off the ship as stowaways

"Good evening, I am Second mate Adams. Good to see you've joined us in this grand event. The Captain has requested that you sit with him this evening, he is a rather big fan of the Preforming arts and would like to see a performance in the future." Adams looked exhausted, like he hadn't had a decent nights sleep in weeks. Waiting on the Captain hand and foot had taken a tool on him "This way please."

He led them to the table where the Captain sat, drink in hand, cheeks as red as ripe tomatoes. The captain's glazed eyes surveyed them with amused wonder and his smile told the doc that he had been drinking for the better part of the day.

"The traveling circus, from France is it?" His voice was booming, very fitting to his reputation. The Doc nodded in response as second mate adams showed them their seats with a wave of his hand.

"Yes, France indeed."

Said the Doc while wondering how exactly a Circus person was supposed to as.

"Although not natively, we are from all over the globe. I am from London myself, born and raised. Arthur Stein at your service."

"You moist certainly are."
Replied the Captain knowingly, if not obnoxiously.

Just as the Doc had hoped for, The Captains eye's moved drunkenly over to Colleen, who looked absolutely stunning this evening. It was so obvious that a person could almost see him undressing her with his eyes, what a lush!

"And who might this pretty thing be, dare I ask if she is your daughter?"
The captain directed his question at Colleen, completely ignoring The Doc.

Damian laid in the tub under the water, thinking about what might need to be done. The ships at home may have been similar but advancements in technology suffused the ships. Some benefits though were the lack of advanced security measures would make sneaking into restricted places much easier, and his coat still had some power left in it so he could probably still use the light bending function if he needed to, thinking about what the Doc said, but it wasn't an absolute solution. If they had a blue print of the ship that would be useful. Maybe if he had a uniform he could walk around the ship without being halted, maybe two for him and Nari....actually they might not have one in Nari's size and she stood out from these people like a joke jabbering circus clown amongst mimes.

Letting out the breath he'd been holding, Damian sat up from the soapy water, which barely stung in comparison to the rubbing alcohol. He toweled himself off and once he was dry enough he got his clothes back on, his coat slung over his arm, and walked out of the bathroom holding his gauze and roll of bandage. Everyone else had gone and only Nari had remained. Damian didn't see her right away, he draped his coat over the back of a chair that had his gloves on the seat and called out to the largeish apartment
"Uh Nari? Could you help me with this bandage?" The wound was done bleeding, which was a good thing, now it just needed to scab over....He was going to have a scar but a cool/crazy story to go along with it.

Colleen rushed to the ladies' bathroom. It took her some time to find it; she was not familiar at all with the ship, not even with any kind of ship, and she felt intimidated by the odd looks she received from random passengers. Of course, she was wearing red jeans and a striped shirt; her hair was high and all messed up; she smelled like mammoth, and clutched her rather large yellow bag as if her life depended on it.

All other women she came across wore gowns or dresses, and many had a bobbed hairstyle. Colleen wondered how in the world was she going to grab the captain's attention if she looked more like a bufoon than anything else.

And as she wondered, she got lost.

Things were looking a lot fancier around here in the ship. More lavish. Just as Colleen turned around a corner, she caught a glimpse of a woman leaving her room; she didn't close the door very well, and it was left ajar.

Colleen stopped right there. She froze. An idea crossed her mind. It was wrong, it was a bad thing to do... but she needed to do it to save all the people in the ship, right?

''I'm so sorry miss. Shiz happens...'' she whispered, as she entered into the room.

Minutes later she was running out towards the bathrooms with her yellow bag so full that it seemed to explode anytime. The last thing she wanted was to be seen, especially by the lady owner of the dress she had just stolen.

------------------------------
------------------------------

About two hours later she had joined the group once again. She was wearing a stunning dress, and she had taken care to wash and comb her hair in a fashionable hairstyle for the time. She loved to change her hair so much... She stayed close to the Doc, nervous about the Captain she was meant to meet, and fearing to be spotted by the dress owner anytime...

Ugh.

The captain was not looking too good. After all it was old for her, and drunk for pretty much everybody... But she had to do this.
Colleen took a deep breath and magically produced a radiant fake grin on her face.

''Daughter!?,' ' she asked, shooing at him with her hand as she laughed. ''What an idea! Of course not!,'' she continued , extending her hand towards him, as she had seen ladies did on medieval movies for the gentlemen to kiss them.

'' My name is Co...-'' Colleen, she was about to say, but she changed her mind. She was not going to give her real name to this sleazy drunken man, no matter how good his mustache looked. ''...Co... Bodacious...'' she said, frowning an d looking evasively around. She should have thought about this before, but no, working how to comb her hair was more important.

Oh, Colleen, you're such a genius. Cocó Bodacious?!

''...Lady Bodacious,'' she continued, reassuring herself. ''I'm the circus dancer...''

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> [DASH=green] Nari was entirely too amused with the old man trying to explain what a boat was to the Egyptian. Of course she thought the other girl was rather foolish for not knowing what a boat was, but she couldn't be too judgmental; she couldn't help the fact the poor woman was from the past. Also, it didn't help that Nari felt superior since she was from the future and had any amount of knowledge at her disposal; that doesn't make her any better than anyone else… or it shouldn't.

"… get a look at the controls…" That was the phrase that caught Nari's attention. Finally!! She could be of use. At least she hoped that she could be of use… the only item that could be useful was Dari's laptop. It was a risk since Nari didn't know whether or not their technology would be able work; it was worth a try. Without a word to Dari, she started rummaging through the bag hanging from her sister's shoulder, shortly pulling out an ultra-thin, square device. It was obvious this was the thing Nari was looking for because for the first time since they landed on a ship a facial expression flashed across the girl's face… a smirk.

"I can be of use." Nari stepped away from her sister's side. "If our technology can be used here I can look up an exact replica of this ships control panel. That way violence is cut down…." She looked at the shirtless man.. "He won't go to the controls without some experience, and it may cause this whole mission to flow smoother."

After a quick nod she sat cross-legged on the floor, ignoring everyone else around her as she opened up the small device, tapping away at a touchpad, staring at brilliant screen. At least it still powers up.. means it wasn't damaged in the fall…

-------------------------------

Time flew by as she tried to figure out how to get this 'advanced' technology to work. If this stupid thing is so advanced.. it should work no matter what time era we are in. Nari grumbled to herself, stared blankly at the screen, working through various things in her minds, lips pursed the slightest bit… If I go into device options.. settings..AHA!

It came to life, the search function popped up and Nari was incredibly pleased. She was just about to share her success to everyone when she noticed that no one was there. Only the man she found appealing to look at remained in the room… asking her to help with his bandage.

Her breath caught in her chest as she simple just nodded, pushed herself off the floor and walked over to him, gently taking the bandages from him. It was probably a real sight… a little girl standing next to a tall, attractive man.. her little hands wrapping a bandage around his body.. Out of all her future experiences, none of bothered her.. only this odd trip to the past has her flustered.

"We.. uuhh.. need to get started." She glanced over her shoulder at the computer. "Umm.. we have.. I mean I have a replica of the controls up." This was frustrating… words escaping her mind.. sounding like the actual 14 year old she looked like.

[/DASH]

With his torso all bandaged up Damian felt some tension he didn't know was in his muscles relax as he patted the bandage job with satisfaction. As long as he didn't do too many crazy acrobatics he was sure it would heal up well. He had watched the girl as she helped him with the bandage, she seemed uncomfortable. Her seeming too young for him the thought that it was because of him that she was flustered never crossed his mind, he only thought it was the wound that had unsettled her. After all, despite not being life threatening, it was a pretty impressive graze that traveled diagonally beneath his belly button. Was going to be a cool scar.

His shirt that he had had on when he sustained the injury was ripped and was caked with dry blood, his pants had blood on them as well but he had tried his best to scrub the blood out, fortunately the pants were black though. So he only put his coat on and as he did so he saw the interface up on the laptop type thing
"Ah, si, lets get a look at these controls" he said as he approached the device. "Wow" he said as he examined the device "This is very compact." If the size of technology scaled with it's advancement, then this indeed was very advanced. Damian was almost completely distracted with the device itself instead of examining the controls. "These controls look familiar. This thing can make three dimensional holographic projections, si?" After his initial fascination with the device, Damian started to memorize everything.

The captains smile widened and his cheeks looked like two juicy red apples plastered on his face. His eye's swam with booze, glowing against the bright shine of candle lit channelers.
"Coco….Lady Bodacious, are you as good a dancer as you are beautiful? I'd very much like to find out."

He winked, thick crows feet appearing at the corners of his eyes as he did so. Everyone else in the room was quickly forgotten by the Captain, it was overly apparent he had only one thing on his mind. The funny thing was, no one seemed to care, aside from the time travelers. It was as if it was expected, and there for, accepted.

"My dear, allow me to introduce myself, although I am sure you already know who I am, I think formalities are a must." He places his thick hand over hers "I am Captain Edward Smith"

He puffed up, allowing his chest to expand over his hefty, alcohol filled belly..

"At your service, indeed. How would you like to accompany me tomorrow evening?" His bloodshot eyes zeroed in on her, traveling down to her breasts without any shame.

"We can have a drink and I can show you my quarters. I do very much think you'll enjoy the view from my inner chambers, especially that from my bed"

He nearly whispered the last words, but the Doc heard, as he was sure did Colleen.

''Oh! I would be SO-PLEASED to show you my moves!'' she answered, regaining her usual confidence and loud voice. ''In fact... Mr. Captain..., Smith...,'' she continued, trailing off as she pulled him up, taking his hand. The captain didn't seem to object, and Colleen felt that if she stood still, he would end up with his nose right over her bosom.

So she moved, walking some steps backwards.

''Or should I call you Edward?'', she said, lowering her voice and giggling idiotically. The music , Colleen guessed just because she saw others, changed into something that was meant to be danced. Not the rock, pop and house tunes she preferred, but... she just had to play along, and in a matter of seconds she was dancing -

Dance? Is THIS how people danced?! Dag!!!

-and getting lost in the crowd. Colleen glanced back at the group, rolling her eyes at the Doc, before losing sight of them.

As far as preparations went Akila didn't go as far as Colleen, although she did take her time with her make up and choosing out a perfume. The service staff had left several perfumes for the ladies to choose from and Akila had a blast choosing between the many different scents. Although she did manage to get a bit of the scent in her eyes. Of course that was extremely painful.

But she kept her Egyptian garb, as instructed by the Doctor. On the way to meeting the Captain she was assaulted by the sights, sounds and smells of this new world. All of the shiny things, like the candlier and jewelry absolutely boggled her. And the music, goodness the music. She had to hold herself back from going up the orchestra and touching the violins and cellos. Although she screwed her nose up at this era's fashion statement. She wasn't a huge fan of the heavy dresses, despite it being so cold. She was so entranced with her surroundings that Akila accidentally bumped into the Doctor. Jolted away from her thoughts she listened to the exchange between the Captain and Colleen attentively. The man was very much older than Colleen which didn't bother Akila. After all she was to be engaged to a man who was about his age. Did she find it revolting? Yes a little. But it was the way of her people...

"Doctor," she whispered into his ear, "Is it customary for women to marry older men in this time period?"

View attachment 11408As Colleen left to dance with the captain, the Doc turned to Akila

"Well, my dear, I think that in the case of the Captain, marriage is the furthest thing from his mind. No, men like him usually want the intimate acts of marriage, without the binding contract."

He felt his face grow slightly pink under his white beard.

"Ahem, well no used in trying to doctor it up!." His eyes swam over the sea of people, trying to gain an accurate depiction of the era

"I think in many cases, marrying younger women has to do with fertility and age expectancy in any given time era, although I cannot say for sure about this particular time as I am, just as you are, only a visitor."

The Doc looked to Colleen as she danced, indeed wooing the Captain. The plan had worked, and although excitement raced through his veins like lightening, it was kept in check by the fact that they would all die if phase two of the plan didn't work.

The music changed tempo and the dancing picked up pace. The Doc sipped Ice water with lemon, all the while anticipating the next evening.

April 14th, 1912

"The Titanic went in the ice and I heard three bangs. Before we hit, there had been terrific vibrations from the engines during the night as the ship was really racing over the sea." - Mrs. Edith Brown, surviving passenger aboard the Titanic.
In the captains inner quarters a chilled bottle of french champagne sat, uncorked, next to two tall glasses. The lights were low and outside a low cloud cover obstructed the immediate view. The Captain waited, impatiently, for the clock to strike 10pm, the time that he had requested Coco Bodacious to accompany him for a 'night cap'.

Next door to, and only accessible from, the captains quarters were the Titanic's main controls. Two men, one serving as pilot and another as navigator, along with three armed guards kept a constant and diligent watch of the room. They were the bones of the voyage, directing the ship to go where it may, and as it was, right into a solid block of ice.

It would be no easy task to get into this room, let alone take control of the ship, and the Doc was saying these exact words now as the time travelers awaited 10 o'clock even more eagerly than the captain.

"…It will be no easy task, I am guessing you had time to get as much information as possible to Damian on the controls, Nari."
he said, his eyebrows forming to pointed arches over his thin rimmed glasses. He then turned to Damian.

"I hope your feeling 100% after being injured, because this plan is going to take a tremendous effort."

Lastly he turned to Colleen
"I am sorry to put you in this position, truly I am. If we are fortunate enough to make it somewhere a little safer, I will make it up to you."

The Doc had no idea what he could possibly do for this girl, but it sounded like the right thing to say. He was putting her in a degrading situation, it was inexcusable, but also unavoidable.

The trap was set, baited and latched. Now the only thing left to do was catch the Titanic before midnight.

The eighties girl checked for the tenth time her hairdo.
She was serious, serious as she never remembered being. But she smiled to answer to the Doc, anyway.

''Bah! It's what anyone might do in my place... I guess... But if you want to make it up, remember; hairspray, Doc, hairspray....!''
She shook her hairspray can. There was less than half left, and it was the reason she was so serious- what if she ran out of it? What if she ran out of it in an era that didn't produce any?

Taking a deep breath, she checked one last time that her dress looked alright and that nothing of what she had underneath showed through the fine fabric. And it was not underwear, precisely, what she worried about.

''Wish me luck...'' she said, before heading to the captain's quarters.

-------------------

The captain opened the door, welcoming her in a similar fashion he had done when he met her yesterday. Almost devouring her with his eyes, to put it in words somehow. But Colleen was expecting this, so she just smiled and played along, giggling and giving him a hug.

''Ow, Captain.... Oh, champagne!''

Needless to say, that the bottle was soon uncorked, and its contents emptied into several glasses. Colleen was terrified, and she just pretended to drink. The captain however, who already had some drinks on himself, did drink the champagne, as their small talk progressed into some caressing. She tried to keep his hands away from her legs, where she hid her last resource. They both sat on his bed. Colleen made sure he reclined, however, as she said something in his ear.

''Mmmmm, Cpatain! Let me show you something... I learned this in my exotic travels through... Madagascar... Just close your eyes...''

And with that, she slowly unbuttoned his shirt.... The captain was really docile. She wondered how someone like this ever made it so far in ranks. And once the shirt was out of the way, she spread his arms open, as she caressed him. There was a very brief pause as she took out the rope she had been hiding, tied between her legs; and as she overcame her repulsion and bent down to kiss him-

BARF-ME-OUT...!

-she tied both his wrists to the bed.

Surprised, the captain mumbled something about her naughtyness, but Colleen didn't let him go any further. She took his shirt and gagged him.
Quickly, she sat at the end of the bed, and tried to clean her mouth with her hands. Yuck. She went to where the champagne bowl was, and used the napkin, ignoring the captain's muffled yelling and squirming. She just hoped the other time travellers entered soon...

After reassuring Doc that he was up for the task he followed stealthily behind Colleen and waited outside the captain's door. Damian had been watching through the keyhole in the door for when the captain was incapacitated, and now was the time. Dressed in a pilfered sailor's uniform he stepped into the room, giving a small salute to Colleen and the captain "Do not mind me" he said as he strode over to the door leading to the bridge. With him he carried a large candlestick and when he reached the door to the control room he set it down near the door, straightened his uniform and ran through the door and down a tiny little hallway and then burst into the control room.

"Guards! They're attacking the captain come quickly!" he ran back out without giving them time to respond. He burst back into the captain's quarters and he could hear the guards following after him. Upon entering the captain's quarters he hopped to the side then stuck his leg out, tripping the first guard with the second guard toppling over him. Swiftly Damian brought the candlestick down onto the second guard's head and with a thud, he was out. Spinning around he hurled the heavy candlestick at the third guard who was still in the hallway in the process of pulling out his pistol. The candlestick hit the man on his forehead and caused him to squeeze the trigger as he attempted to keep his balance from falling over. The gun discharged and Damian threw himself back into the room, landing on the guard who had managed to get the other guard off himself and was starting to pull out his own pistol, and kicked the door shut. The man croaked as the air emptied from his lungs. Damian fumbled at the gun in the man's hands, managing to eject the clip and once it was out he grabbed it and threw it across the room. It hit the wall and bullets scattered across the floor.

The guard tried grappling Damian, grasping at the uniform's jacket, but Damian slipped out of it and quickly jumped back toward the door as the other guard burst in, pistol out. The guard was swinging his arm around to level his weapon at Damian but he was already closing the distance between them. Ducking under the man's arm he delivered an uppercut that caused the man's teeth to clack together, and he fired off another round into another wall. Grabbing onto the man's wrist with one hand, he pushed the clip release on the gun in his hand and kicked the clip as it fell, sending it skittering across the floor. His time was running out, soon the man on the ground would be up and this guard was recovering. He leaped away from the guard, stepping on the guard that was getting up and threw himself across the room. Upon the wall were two beautifully crafted swords.
stock-illustration-7772959-two-crossbones-pirate-swords-vector-illustration.jpg

When he pulled them from their mounted position he heard two swords behind him being drawn and steps feet rushing toward him. Before the guard's knew it their swords were parried and they lost sight of Damian. The pommel of a sword came down and struck one guard at the base of his skull, making him crumple to the ground. The other guard whirled about with his blade lashing but Damian was already too far back to hit. The guard held up his pistol, it dawned on Damian that there was till a single round in the chamber. Damian lunged himself forward, the man fired the bullet, Damian wove around the man and smashed the pommel into his head twice in rapid succession. With a clatter and clang the man's sword and pistol fell to the ground.

Damian was breathing hard and a sheen of sweat appeared on his forehead. He looked over at Colleen and smiled, but it left his face as he looked down at a spot of blood at his abdomen. It spread slowly across the pristine white of his pilfered navel uniforms shirt. He may have pushed himself a little too hard.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> [DASH=green] Nari knew the plan.. did she think it would work? Maybe. Of course no one ever knows if their plan will work until it was executed.. and that time had come. Quietly, she followed Damian from the room, looking rather conspicuous since he was in a uniform and she was in her future clothes. Maybe with him dressing like everyone else.. everyone will ignore me. I am small after all. Those were Nari's thoughts as she walked down the hall behind him, head hung so no one could see her face.

So..we just stand here… waiting for…
That was when Damian rushed into the room, leaving a wide eyes Nari at the door as she watched how he masterfully got any obstacles out of his way. I almost wish I was a guy now. She looked down at her meager frame then back at him, noting the blood that was staining his shirt. Damn him.. I just wrapped up his wound. At least he got them out of the way.

Once the coast was clear Nari trotted into the room, stepping over each body that was lying on the floor. Now, they were in the control room. The girl stood on her tiptoes, peering around the man as he stared at the controls.

"Do not forget to look at the coordinates of where we are now," she pointed a small thin finger towards some part on the panel.

"You also need to look at the compass while steering, remember?" Her finger darted in another direction. Nari started to bounce on her toes lightly and tapped his shoulder over and over

"Oh! Oh! And the speed? Do we need to know the speed?" Finally, she quieted down.. figuring that she was probably annoying the man as he was trying to concentrate.. so instead of standing right over him, she back away but still continued craning her neck around his frame, trying to see what he was doing.
[/DASH]

The helms men, or whatever, were easy to take care of. These swords were pretty spectacular, he briefly thought that he was faster once he had grabbed them but shook the ridiculous thought from his head. Must just be a psychological thing, anyways he had taken the scabbards from two of the downed men and strapped both of them to his waist and put the swords in them. Yeah, he was keeping the swords.

"Si, si, si I remember!" he said to Nari as she hovered over him and tapped at him insistently. He had a pad of paper in front of him and a pencil. He looked at the coordinates that had been recorded when the sun went down and using a couple instruments checked a part of their coordinates using the stars. Checking the compass and the speed he compared them to the information he had from the crazy future encyclopedia. The iceberg would be upon them sometime soonish. According to history the iceberg had hit the Titanic's side because they had turned too late. He looked around for the time and when his eyes fell on an old style clock, it wasn't really old style in it's own time, he dropped the pad and jumped at the wheel and spun it like he was on the Price Is Right. The shift in direction wasn't immediately noticeable but a few smallish objects skittered across a desk. Damian brought the wheel back up and ordered an increase of speed. Hastily he checked the compass and again looked at the stars and compared what he computed with what was on the pad. When he was done there he looked out one of the little side windows.

After many tense minutes Damian let out a sigh of relief that fogged the little window. Outside the window, in the distance, were a couple large icebergs.

Status
Not open for further replies.