Journey to Morgentown (Sora Blade and Nells)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ren flinched away from the voice before he could stop himself. "I'm fine malady, please I have made you work far to much, let me take watch as you sleep." He got up to move to sit beside her facing the entrance with cold eyes.

Talisman glanced over, "Are you sure? I'm still fine. You must still be tired?" She offered. She watched how he flinched away from her voice and figured he must have had a nightmare. She wanted to help, but she was unsure if he would allow her to.

Ren sighed, not a sad or aggravated sigh, but more like he had only just now realized where he was. "I'm fine, just nightmare, they come to me every night I sleep, but it is to be expected when you have seen the things I have." Ren smiled at the girl but the haunted look never left his eye. "Sleep we reach Morgantown tomorrow and you'll need your rest more than I."

Talismans eyes narrowed but she realized she was not going to get anywhere with him. "You stayed up all night last night. You deserve your sleep. If you do not want nightmares, I have something for that. You mustn't stay up two night in a row, you need your strength as much as I."

Ren's eyes softened, "I'd like that, it's been months since I last slept well." Ren learned back, putting his form between Lady Talismans and the mouth of the cave.

Talisman picked a small vile of blue liquid from her bag and set in gently in his palm. "It should put you into a deep sleep. It is not very much and should wear off in a couple hours but I hope it is enough."

Ren nodded and tipped the vile into his mouth. Settling down to sleep he held his blade closer to him, and when his eyes closed the image implanted there was of the beautiful woman before him.

Talisman leaned back against the cave wall. The night passed slowly, and she kept occupied by braiding tiny pieces of leather. Morning light seeped through the cave mouth and so she shook Ren awake. She packed her bag back up. She stood at the mouth, hands on her hips, trying to decide which would be the shortest path to take.

Ren woke slowly and when he saw the risking sun he stretched, "here we need to get going and you need to sleep." He scooped the girl onto his back and jumped down from the cave. He crept jumping until he reached the base and even then he didn't let her down, only adjusted her so she was comfortable on his back. "Sleep I'll wake you when we get close."

Talisman squirmed a bit. "That's quite all right, I'm not tire-" just as she finished that word she yawned. She let out a small sigh and lay on head on his shoulder blade, "If you get tired do not hesitate to wake me, I do not want to be a burden." she mumbled her eyes drifting shut as she spoke.

Ren chuckled "I'm starting to believe your just the kind of burden I've always wanted." He whispered, smiling to himself as he walked.

Talisman slept nicely, and when she woke up she was still on Ren's back. She was surprised and started squirming, "Put me down." she would state, planting her foot onto the forest floor. She took a look at their surroundings and discovered they weren't far from Morgentown. She turned towards Ren, a tiny bit of surprise written on her face, "You carried me all this way?"

"Of course, you where tired and I was well rested." Ren smiled and continued walking as if nothing happened.

"It is still an awful long way to carry a person." She pointed out following after Ren. She looked at the trees for indications of direction.

"Your light, besides it's ok." Ren rubbed his neck in embarrassment. "Come on the queen is waiting for you to return."

The journey wasn't near as dangerous as the king had made it out to be and they only had one dangerous run in. She entered into the village of Morgentown. The person she needed to contact lived right near the village center. She knocked on the door and quickly made the exchange. Handing over a small pouch of coins and getting a large blue plant that she stuffed into her bag.

"We can start back towards the castle now. It shouldn't take as long on the way back." Talisman smiled and led them out of the village. The sun was still high in sky, and they could make it pretty far today.

Ren smiled but something in his heart was saddened at her words, he didn't understand. He forced a smile and walked behind the girl, slower than he normally would, his mind filled with questions he had no answers for.

Talisman made her way through the forest, and turned to see Ren had fallen behind. "Are you alright? We can take a break if you need one." she offered, stopping and turning to face fully towards him.

Ren stood silently as the woman spoke, then, without thinking he lept forward and captured her lips with his own, only to pull back slowly with shame when he realized what he was doing.

Talisman fell into a shocked silence. Her green eyes were open wide and she was trying to form words. "I-uh." Unable to form a proper sentence she just looked up at Ren with questioning eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.