Journey to Morgentown (Sora Blade and Nells)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ren didn't sleep that night, and instead counted the stars like he always had smiling when he found his favorite. By morning nothing had happened and Ren had started letting his guard down, a stupid thing to do, for not a moment later a pack of wolves leapt into the clearing. Ren stood in front of the still sleeping Girl and fought of the attack while trying to raise her.

Talisman awoke to the sounds of a fight. She sat straight up, already removing a blade from a holster hidden in her boot. She was about to join the fight when she realized they were only wolves. She moved towards her bag and took out a shinning silver whistle, blowing into it hard. The wolves yelped and scurried away with their tails between their legs. "Annoying little creatures they are." She began stuffing her bedding back into her bag, "We should leave now."

Ren nodded, he was thankful that Talisman had something to fend the wolves off because he didn't care for hurting any living thing, not humans nor animals, heck he even liked plants. They set off and Ren allowed himself to fallow the girl deep into the wood.

The woods got increasingly thicker, scratching at her skin. They finally emerged at the base of the mountain. "The herb that can help your sister grows in a small cave on the mountain face. We'll have to start going up and maybe we can spend the night there. It will offer much more shelter. But if we'd like to make it to Morgentown without anyone suspecting a delay, we'll have to move fast."

Ren nodded "you don't know how much this means to me, my sister has always been more like a daughter to me. She was born when I was fifteen and my mother and father where killed shortly after. I want nothing more than to settle down and find my one special person. I want to be a farmer, raise animals, and plants, I hate killing more than anything." He put his hand out to help the woman over a fallen tree, his face twisted into a gentle smile and his eyes filled with wishful peace. (Sorry if it takes a minute to respond sometime I'm trying to friend a home for a puppy that got dumped on my doorstep.)

"It is nothing, I don't like to see others held in bondage by the king for his own whims." she grips his wrist with a thankful smile. She steps over the log, "Just remember, dreaming only wounds the heart." She started up a not as steep part of the rock face. Getting to the cave was not easy, and they would have to climb a near vertical face, and she was lucky she had brought some climbing supplies along.

Ren chuckled "yeah, but she's only six, if I just gave up on her I'd never be able to look her in the eyes again. Besides if I don't have hope who will, she's so week sometimes she doesn't even notice I'm in the room with her. Lady Talisman, thank you. If ever you are in need call for me, you have done me a great surface and in return I give you my life." He grabbed her wrist as she passed and spun her around, cupping her face with on had he peered into her eyes.

Talisman moved away, uncomfortable with such friendly contact "I do not want your life. As a wicca it is my job to help and protect the life of Gia." She patted the top of his hand that gripped her wrist and smiled, "Your sister will heal." With that she turned back around and began scaling the mountain.

Ren followed the girl up, though she had said she hadn't wanted his life he would still lay it on the line for her. It wasn't a matter of belief but rather that not to do so would be an insult to his honor. "Be carful malady, I just got the chance to get to know you, I'd rather not see you died quiet yet." He joked as he pull himself upward.

"And I do not plan on dying just yet." she replied moving easily up the rocks. She had scaled this mountain before, but then, she was allowed to go slow and carefully. She wasn't moving any less carefully, but she was moving faster. The cave was just up the vertical face that stood before them. She dug into her enchanted bag and pulled out two ropes with hooks attached to the end. "I'm lighter, therefor I shall climb first and secure your rope to a larger rock."

"I'd like that but here, take this, just in case." Ren handed the girl a blue wrapped dagger. "Be carful with it, it's worth more than it may look." Ren stood back and let the girl go watching for dangers on the rock face.

Talisman took the dagger and stuffed the hilt through one of her belt loops, she gave a small nod and began scaling the face. Her slim fingers and small feet found holds and dents to climb easily. She pulled herself up and over the top of the cliff. She knelt beside a large stationary boulder and looped the rope around the rock hooking it and pulling to make sure. She sent the rope down to the man waiting below.

Ren climbed up fast, something he had learned to do when he was young. When he got to the top he nodded to the girl and smiled, before gesturing her to continue.

She grabbed the rope and put it back in her bag since they were not going back down. She moved into the cave mouth, "The plant is in a cavern inside the cave. We might need light.." she trailed off pulling a small clear stone from her pocket. It lit up in the palm of her hand, producing a bright white light, "Lets get going then." she mumbled walking further into the cave. The cavern was not too far in, and they would reach it soon.

Ren fall owed silently allowing the woman to lead.

Talisman led them to a cavern that had a light blue glow to it. She moved inside and knelt in a corner. She picked a pink colored plant. It was small and long with tiny thorns poking off the leaves. She wrapped it in a thin piece of leather and put it into her bag. I won't be able to make the cure until we get to Morgentown and I have the time to mix it. In the mean time, we can continue further or spend the night here. It does not matter to me either way."

Ren nodded and set against the rock face, he was so tired that he barely finished his bread before he was out cold.

Talisman decided that she would keep watch tonight. It was only fair, and Ren had already conked out. She built them a small fire and ate a little piece of bread. She wrapped her cloak around her body and waited for morning.

Ren woke in the middle of the night, his eyes wide and filled with terror from a night terror. He had them often but they weren't important enough to speak of, he was still tired but he knew that the dream would return with his rest.

Talisman glanced over at the newly awakened male. His eyes were filled with terror, and Talisman moved closer, "Are you alright, Ren?" she asked cautiously.

Status
Not open for further replies.