Joining New Community!

P

Piru

Original poster
Hi!
My name is Piru. I've been roleplaying on various websites before, but this is my first time here.
I just wanted to introduce myself, but I also wanted a little help.
Is there someone that would like to know if anyone would be nice enough to tell me some of the basics in abbreviations here. c: Since most roleplay communities have their own "shortcuts" in talking and describing I was hoping to get to understand everyone here before jumping in.
Thanks beforehand! *bows*

Welcome to Iwaku!
I also only joined a few days ago, but I've been fairly active since, and so far I haven't met any site-specific abbreviations or anything else I didn't understand immediately (other than cbox, which is chatbox). There are also guides in every section of the forum, explaining how that section works, so I think I can confidently say it's safe to jump right in. :)
(But I'd suggest you fill out your roleplayer's resume when you have time; that's useful so that others can immediately see what you like, and maybe invite you to roleplays. It's under your settings, in your preferences. It's proven useful to me too.)

Welcome to Iwaku! I'm sure you'll have a great time

There's not really any set code for abbreviations or term use here (I know some forums make you use -c- for if you're continuing later, -d- for if your post is complete, OOC [Out Of Character] and IC [In Character] for different parts of your post, etc.)

Here you can find a partner who will work with you in your own style. I don't like to use abbreviations, so I roleplay on the forums, and keep OOC plotting and such in the PMs (mostly). Others like to keep it all in one thread and separate the two with abbreviations or parentheses, and still others like to have an OOC thread linked to the IC thread.

IN SUMMARY: Roleplay in whatever way you are most comfortable; shop around and try roleplaying with lots of different people; you'll find a partner who suits your style, maybe even more than one! Between roleplays, you can hone your skills and have fun competing exercises in the Creative Challenges section (my personal favourite part of Iwaku)

Hi, Piru.

Check out -THIS LINK-

It is awesome and truly helpful, I wish there had been something like this when I started forum rp!

Hope to see you in the forums soon.