Jessica Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I once told a man to go screw himself, can you imagine?"

fucking lost my shit xD

Just finished the season. I feel very satisfied, although I was really hoping for her to run into Matt Murdock as a cameo at some point.

Only thing I didn't like about the show was Rubin's sister, who is a tier below Kilgrave for people I hate (at least I enjoyed Kilgrave's performance, you annoying bitch), and 90% of Simpson's existence, also because he tended to be a really annoying asshole who was cringe worthy whenever he talked.

As soon as he stopped being a remorseful cop, he became a pretty crap character.

Just finished the season. I feel very satisfied, although I was really hoping for her to run into Matt Murdock as a cameo at some point.

Only thing I didn't like about the show was Rubin's sister, who is a tier below Kilgrave for people I hate (at least I enjoyed Kilgrave's performance, you annoying bitch), and 90% of Simpson's existence, also because he tended to be a really annoying asshole who was cringe worthy whenever he talked.

As soon as he stopped being a remorseful cop, he became a pretty crap character.

I completely agree. Simpson just became a waste of space for me. Hopefully he'll be less of a twat next season and I hated that twin. Her creepy incest thing with her brother was just too much for me.

Also, Luke Cage is so hot <_<. Okay, lemme stop drooling lol.

Reactions: Dervish
Bitch have we forgotten LOKI? A literal fuccboi in the comics; deranged, annoying, insane, B-Tier villain with S-Tier powers...

Give him a Tom Hiddleston skin though, and he becomes a walking Vagina Wetter, in or out of character. He became so popular Marvel gave him his own good-guy comic. They literally "de-aged" him into a teenager so girls could flick the bean without feeling weird about it (though it's still weird as fuck, considering he's still a murderous, lecherous, thousands year-old demigod).

At any rate, shit like romanticizing and wetting ones-self over villains and evil is as old as time, like that teapot bitch from Beauty and the Beast said. Women love the badboy so much, it's okay if he skins people and eats the pieces in a fondue pot if he's handsome or charming enough. Top kek.

Then we get to David Tennant, who plays someone about as worse as Hitler, and, well... ... Fapfapfap.

True that, it's just a little baffling for me.

...Kilgrave is basically the dictionary definition of a serial rapist. Probably one of the most unflinchingly depicted ones I can recall seeing on TV. Characters like that are usually these alien, unknowable psychos that you're never shown an insight into.

He's a guy who's all about power, yes, but more importantly control. Kilgrave's out to assert his dominance over everyone who's lives he forces his way into. In the case of Hope, who he does basically rape, its not even necessarily the sex he was after. The act was just a further assertion of his power and dominance over her as a person; even after she's escaped his direct influence he's still got his hooks in her, and she states as much later in the series.

Think about the first thing he does after Jessica, Simpson and Trish make their unsuccessful attempt to capture him. By doing this, Jessica's upset the power balance. She's no longer a passive target of his obsession, she's an active agent who's making moves against him. An equal. Which is something he cannot abide. That's why his first move is to re-assert his dominance over her. "You'll send me pictures, everyday at 10am, or I'll kill Malcolm". He seeks to reduce her back to someone subservient to him, the state he was used to before.

Yeah, Kilgrave is the walking personification of rape, in the show and in the comics. His power set might as well be, "you rape everyone." And not just sexual rape, mind you; he uses his power as total control, complete power imbalance. He is, in my opinion, one of the greatest monsters depicted in imagination land. He can, without fail, make you do whatever he wants-- and like it.

It's a scary, sickening thought.

EDIT: Yeah, that whole phenomena of falling in love with these kind of guys is baffling to me too. But then again, I got a thing for yandere-type chicks, so I mean... I guess I sort of get it? :|

Yeah, his abilities are really befitting of his character. It's funny how he went from this C-tier Daredevil villain to one of the darkest, most disturbing characters in the Marvel universe.

There's a large reason I refuse to even watch an episode of Doctor Who. The fanbase is prone to annoying zealots.

I really like both Daredevil and Jessica Jones. I would say both are arguably better stories and casts of characters than the big screen movies. You can simply do much more with an ongoing TV series that doesn't have to hit a PG-13 rating and can actually explore mature and complex plotlines.

And goddamn, mind control is terrifying.
I don't want to be that "Techically it is not XXX" guy xD, but for this point, I'm going to because I think what Kilgrave does is helluva a lot creepier.

It's not complete mind Control where he manipulates them completely, but his will is so powerful and indomitable that you just do what he tells you to do. You still know you're doing it, even if you don't want you, but you just can't stop yourself no matter how you try.

I find that way more devilish and creepy than Vanilla Mind control ._.

I completely agree. Simpson just became a waste of space for me. Hopefully he'll be less of a twat next season and I hated that twin. Her creepy incest thing with her brother was just too much for me.

Also, Luke Cage is so hot <_<. Okay, lemme stop drooling lol.
As soon as he started going on about how he was ex-special forces and his "boys", I think I detached my retinas from rolling my eyes too hard.

And as a 100% heterosexual man, Luke Cage is one helluva good lookin' dude.

I don't want to be that "Techically it is not XXX" guy xD, but for this point, I'm going to because I think what Kilgrave does is helluva a lot creepier.

It's not complete mind Control where he manipulates them completely, but his will is so powerful and indomitable that you just do what he tells you to do. You still know you're doing it, even if you don't want you, but you just can't stop yourself no matter how you try.

I find that way more devilish and creepy than Vanilla Mind control ._.
Oh yeah, I know, it's completely different than what say Professor X does, but mind control still works for a general definition. :D

But yeah, holy shit, some of that shit was creepy as fuck.

• Love
Reactions: Mid
Wait, people think Kilgrave is likeable?

He's probably one of the most horribly evil motherfuckers in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

This is a guy who strips people of their free will, forcing them to perform actions they never would otherwise and then leaves their lives in pieces.

Plus he's also literally a rapist.

Amazing villain, mind, but I don't really see where folks are coming from on the likeable front. He's monstrous as fuck.
I love David Tennant's portrayal. The character is captivating, and Tennant was the perfect choice.

Oh aye, he's brilliantly done.

You don't normally see villains as well thought-out as him. Except in Hannibal and stuff.

Rip, Hannibal.
Kingpin and Ol'killie are so miles above marvels other cinematic villains It ain't even funny. For those who dont like Simpson. Seeing who he becomes, his portrayal is goddamn money.

Also, Notice how Killgrave not only rapes people, he use the same fucked up logic as many rapists do. He is upsetting on a basic, human level.

Also, Luke is... Luke. That is a demi-god level good looks. Hot damn.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to point out that I now run around the house screaming, "Jessica!!! Come back here now, Jessica! NOW!" cause that's one of my favorite scenes lol.

Reactions: Saren
Kingpin and Ol'killie are so miles above marvels other cinematic villains It ain't even funny. For those who dont like Simpson. Seeing who he becomes, his portrayal is goddamn money.

Also, Notice how Killgrave not only rapes people, he use the same fucked up logic as many rapists do. He is upsetting on a basic, human level.

Also, Luke is... Luke. That is a demi-god level good looks. Hot damn.

He could become Galactus for all I care, annoying personality is annoying.

I did look up the character on the Marvel Wiki. Should have kept the American flag face tattoo.

It will come later on. Noticed how he basicly locked like budget captain america?

All I wanna say about Kilgrave is I fucking love his vocabulary. All in all, I just love hearing him talk. I want to call someone a milquetoast now that I know what the insult means.

OH SHIT I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE THATS NUKE!!!!!

Nuke, Like US Agent, is a failed attempts at making a new Captain america. Hence why his is how he is. He is unlikable and annoying, it is who he is. He isn't a bad charachter, he is a foil to the goodie twoshoes americans heroes in that he is a failed attempt to be the same. He is literally "America Number One" when it doesn't produce Captain Oldschool.

Finished Season 1 a little while ago.

Jessica Jones is proof that iconic characters from the likes of Doctor Who, Sherlock Holmes, and Ghostbusters do not require recasting with a change of gender. Instead, what entertainment needs are more original female protagonists that are well written and are relevant to the generation of today and tomorrow. Much like the titular character of this web series. Kristen Ritter portrays a cynical and hardboiled detective who once lived a life as a super hero, only to settle for something quieter with less notoriety. Essentially, her character is a contemporary Sam Spade as seen by the intensity of her eyes, her intellect, assertiveness, and overall manner.

I enjoyed David Tennant's performance, albeit having the feel of a darker and more twisted version of the Doctor. Basically, it's in the vocal rhythms like "weeeeeelll..." or "oh there you are!" I wonder how much of those moments were written.

It was also really good to see Rosario Dawson carry over her role as nurse. Although it's clear she has definitely met Matt, i'm still unsure if it is after the events of Season 1 or if this is shortly after she has met him. If it was after at least the half way point of Daredevil's first season, you would have thought there would have been reference to the Fisk bombings.

Throughly enjoyed the modern noir vibe of the show along with what has to be one of the greatest soundtracks i've heard in a television series in quite a long time.

Bring on season 2!

Not to sound too clue-less, since i dont vatch TV at all, but... vho the hell is this Jessica Jones?

Name sounds familiar, I think I read on a net news-portal not too long ago that some stupid bitch had 6 of her ribs surgicaly removed to look like this character (vhich maked me ROFL at how moronic some ppl can be), but other then that I got no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.