FOLKLORE MEMBER
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
YG8aPvg.png

OjBwnpV.png

The Knights of Ren, led by a man you once knew as Ben, razed Skywalker's Jedi Temple to the ground and killed anyone who stood in their path. You felt the disturbance in the Force and was able to flee before the destruction, leaving behind your training and your friends.

It's been six years since that day. You've pushed away the Force in favor of hiding away after so many years of being hunted down by the Knights of Ren. They've stopped looking for you now that you've kept away from the Force. Word reached you long ago that there were no survivors, and your master, Skywalker, has been missing ever since.

Whatever you've been doing all this time to keep off the grid, somehow a member of the Resistance tracks you down with a recruitment offer. If they can track you down, it's only a matter of time until the Knights of Ren come looking. In an effort to protect yourself, you join the Resistance in their search for Skywalker. Only those sensitive in the Force can find a way, but due to your past, there's conflict that needs resolution.

This is an interest check for a Star Wars based roleplay that will require detailed and lengthy posts to push the plot and characters forward. Expect a lot of really good reading and collaboration!

This is a roleplay that will adhere to as much canon as possible, at least on my end. Creative liberties on vague parts may come into play. Knowing all canon as a player is NOT required as I will provide you with everything you need to know. Some knowledge would be helpful, such as how the Force works, and some of the teachings of the Jedi. Luke wanted his students to have a traditional experience, but students wouldn't have had a very long span of time to really get down the teachings. Everyone would know Ben Solo, so the impact of his betrayal would hit any Jedi PCs pretty hard as well.

PCs will start out in the RP as their older selves, and players will be given opportunities to flash back to the sacking of the temple and how they escaped. According to canon, there were only about a dozen students Luke was teaching outside of Ben, with 3 of those students heavily developed in the comics. Due to this, canon can be stretched a bit here to allow for PCs.

If there's a lot of interest in this RP, I can open up the possibility for PCs to either be Jedi or Resistance fighters aiding in finding Luke, with a limited number being Jedi. Or if you'd rather play a non-force user regardless, that's totally fine too! We'd need at least one Jedi for this plot, and as the GM I would rather not be the Jedi as it would work best as a player experience.

We all know how this ends up, and this plot will end just before the events in The Force Awakens. But I have a journey planned that will get us all to that point. Let me know if you're interested in experiencing it!

Last edited:
Oooooooooooooh boy

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Effervescent
Sounds interesting.

I'm interested.

Something something you have my sword/axe/bow?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Red Thunder
I'll let you guys know when I have a sign-up thread ready by linking to it here. It should be drafted this week. Any canon races are acceptable! Start thinking about what your characters have been doing these past 6 years to keep out of the interest of bounty hunters and the Knights of Ren. Or if they've been a menace and out in the open about who they are.

• Spicy
Oh, Oh! Yeet!

Signed up with a Jedi concept! Great pitch and great idea for a game. :)

Just to level-set, though:
If you choose to be a Jedi, bear in mind, you will be one of the few Luke had brought in to study at his temple. You would have been young at the time the Knights of Ren attacked, likely under the age of 13 if Luke was going by tradition, meaning your current age would be 19 or below. The best way to stay hidden from Force Sensitives would be to cut one's self off from the Force, or minimize its use. Kylo Ren would have been utilizing that sense as a means to track you down. Be sure to think about how that's affected your character's lifestyle!

My impression from the lore (maybe more Legends than Canon...) is that Luke recruited a range of ages, although most were young when they started. Also, we presumably have had one to many years of actual training before things went down, yes?

For example: Ben was born 5 ABY, began training around 15 ABY (when he was 10) and presumably fell around 27 ABY (per his wiki writeup, 24 years after the Battle of Endor which was in 3 ABY) which made him 22 when he flipped and he'd be 28 now.
Presumably, all Jedi characters would be younger than Ben and began training no earlier than probably 12 or so ABY.

Is it your intent or preference that our characters all be a decade younger than Ben Solo when he flipped?
Or were we all no older than 12 or 13 when recruited, had some years of Jedi training, making us all no older than 26 or 27 (as Ben was the oldest, most powerful and trained for the longest)?

• Useful
Reactions: Ariel
So I know sifting through canon and legacy is a bit tedious and confusing at times, even for myself. I only just discovered only a year transpired between the events of The Force Awakens and the end of Rise of Skywalker. I thought there was a lot more time in between than a year. It also doesn't help that even Disney has retconned their own formerly established canon.

But, I've been reading through the Rise of Kylo Ren, which is a comic series that will be of good reference for providing an answer to your question.

Concisely, the recruited ages are around Ben Solo's age, but not terribly younger, which was where I got it incorrect.

1593542983231.png

In the above image, I did not realize Ben Solo is represented in this panel initially. So while none of the other students ages have been defined, Ben's has. And based on the above panel, we can surmise the age range to be around his.

So, as the events of this RP will take place just before The Force Awakens (in 34 ABY), students who survived the sacking of the temple will be around 28 or younger. I'd say a range of 23-28.

1593543227326.png

So their age range at the sacking would have been 17-22.

Attachments

• 1593539083351.png
    1593539083351.png
    957.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 1593539509299.png
    1593539509299.png
    234.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 1593539623043.png
    1593539623043.png
    362.6 KB · Views: 4
I'm sorry, I don't accept canon characters to be played as PCs. Even as a GM I'm only going to briefly NPC a couple of canon characters for this.

If you still have openings me and a buddy would like to join

You're welcome to submit a CS, but bear in mind my RL has endured a hitch, so the current CSs you see posted have not been thoroughly read through and approved or denied. I will be posting for The Ministry this weekend, and once I am done with that, I will be reviewing CSs for this RP again.