Je t'adore

Elvira's heart skipped a beat when she heard Echo's confession, and she slightly raised her head up, "R-really? For real? This isn't a joke, you're not just making this up like Chloe Evans did?" That had been the most painful day in her memory - a girl in her class had pretended to like her, and Elvira had grown to trust her, but then Chloe had cruelly dumped her, and told her with all certainty what she thought about "lesbos."

Echo inhaled deeply, before looking into Elvira's eyes, her face a little flushed. "Oh, honey panda, why would I lie to you? B-but...it's okay if you like Sab, I know she's really pretty, unlike me, who dyed my hair blue just to be named as an attention whore in school," she exhaled shakily, her cerulean eyes shimmered with tears that were on the verge of falling.

From years of being friends, Elvira knew when Echo was close to tears and this was one of those moments. She wrapped her arms around her friend, and brougt her into a tight and comforting hug as tears of her own spilled over her cheeks. "Your blue hair's gorgeous, Echo. You're gorgeous, Boo Bear."

Echo sobbed, and returned the same, tight hug to Elvira. She then breathed in shakily and smiled at Elvira, the person she loved most. "Thank you, honey," she whispered softly, and licked a year from Elvira's cheek. It was as salty as the sea. She rubbed her eyes and smiled a little. "Don't cry for me because I'm not worth it," Echo whispered, looking down.

"I'm not crying about that - I'm crying because your sobs are the most heart-breaking sound I've ever heard." Elvira softly said, and ran a hand through her own brunette mop of hair. "How about we go for breakfast tomorrow morning, and talk properly about all of this over a late of waffles and pancakes?"

"Sure," Echo replied, not sure what else to do at the moment. She wiped her tears away and stood up and walked around the treehouse that has gathered quite an amount of dust.

Elvira wiped her own cheeks, and looked around them. "I haven't been here in ages - it's so weird to be back up here again." She softly mused, and picked up a small leather bracelet with the words Best Friends Forever on it, which was lying almost hidden underneath the small table. Elvira's smile grew. "Boo Bear, I found your bracelet - it must have fallen off you some time when we were here together."

She had bought her best friend the bracelet for her thirteenth birthday, and they were still best friends. Elvira smiled at the memories they both held....

Echo smiled and walked towards Elvira to take the bracelet. "Thanks honey panda, been tryin to find it!" She laughed softly. Echo found a duster, and her blue eyes sparkled. Now they can make this place cleaner!