4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Futanari
  5. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Magical, Romance, Slice of Life, Horror and certain fandoms.
Arsenal; Playfair Display;
  • DARK WOODS CIRCUS

A groan pours from your lips as your eyes slid open. The first thing you see is the blurry image of a blonde man standing in front of you. He appears to be wearing a red flowing coat and looking at you with a wide grin. You attempt to get up only to take note that you're chained to the wall. Glancing up once more, you realize the man is laughing. "Welcome to my world, pet." He says as he takes a step closer to you.

"Your...world..?" You manage to moan pitifully causing the red-clad man to laugh harder.

"Yes, you silly goose. My world." He says as he motions to the cell that you're currently in. Absently, you take not that there are other people chained to the walls... deformed people... "I have brought you here and... fixed you." He chuckles. "...and you will perform in my circus." You open your mouth to object, but he notices this and cuts you off. "If you refuse... Well then, you will simply end up like the others.." He says with a sense of grim satisfaction before turning on his heel and leaving the room.

What others..? You wonder to yourself. You can't help but try to imagine how many others there are... or were. You try to take a moment to process things. You were taken from your home and brought to this.. this circus only to be changed into... you don't know what. "It's best just to listen to Master..." A small voice says from across the room.

You glance up to see the voice came from a rather small girl that is also chained to the wall. You instantly note that she has black wings and blood soaked bandages covering her eyes. You think she's looking at you, but you can't be quite sure. "If you don't... well.." She paused, raising a pale hand to pitifully motion to her eyes. "Our only hope is to escape..." She said softly, a look of what could only be described as determination crossing her face.

Escape... You glance around at the others as they nod in agreement. You suppose it sounds like a good idea. First, however, you have more important things to worry about. Such as things like what that monster of a ringmaster did to you. Steeling yourself for the worst, you glance down to see what you've become...

• A MESSAGE

Welcome to the Dark Wood's Circus, pets.

If you'd like to survive your stay here there are some things you should get to know. First and foremost being that I am in charge here.

Who am I?

My name is Killian, but only my dearest doctor may refer to me as such.

You may call me Master.

Why?

Because not only is that what I am to you, my creations, but I am also the Ringmaster of this circus.

Secondly is that escape is futile and will be punished if attempted. It's been attempted before and a good portion of the examples are… no longer with us. However, if you'd like a living example of repercussions, look at the blind one. How do you think she came to be that way? The tent and open grounds may look vulnerable, but I assure you that they are not.

If you've not connected the dots by now, I am a man of many talents. Magic is one of these such talents. Most of the doors here can only be opened through magic. Your chains and shackles can only be removed through magic. The reason no one can see the buildings behind our Big Top is through magic. This also means that the areas seeming vulnerable are also protected by, you guessed it, magic. You're actually catching on.

Don't try to inform our audience of what occurs behind the scenes. First, because they will not believe you. It's amazing what a few clarity altering spells can do. Not to mention that anyone that would interfere with our operations can't even see the flyers for our show. No one is coming to help you, just accept that. You can't even help yourself or… Well, you'll find out if you try. Please try and give me the pleasure of showing you.

Just follow the rules, behave, and perform as you're expected.

That's the only way you'll avoid my wrath.

Heh, most of the time.

• DAILY LIFE

1617553728832-png.214559
    The Schedule
    • 6:00am ~ Meric begin's daily preparations.
    • 6:30am ~ Dorms are opened and performers are unlocked to prepare for the day.
    • 7:30am ~ Breakfast.
    • 8:00am ~ Practice begins in the Big Top.
    • 12:00pm ~ Lunch.
    • 12:30pm ~ Unchained "free time" in Dorms.
    • 4:00pm ~ Preparations for Nightly Performance.
    • 6:00pm ~ Performance.
    • 8:00pm ~ Dinner.
    • 8:30pm ~ Dorms to clean up for the night.
    • 9:00pm ~ Chains are put back on, doors are sealed, Morticia and Meric report to Killian until he sends them to their own quarters.
  • THE RULES

Just a refresher since it's been a while.
    1. Obvious. No god-modding.
    2. Respect the other people. If your character wants to bitch slap another character and cuss them out, go right ahead. If you want to bitch slap another person and cuss them out, take it out of the thread and preferably to a moderator. I'm not going to handle your petty arguments. At least not nicely.
    3. Damn, shit, ass, etc... If you don't like it, don't continue because there is going to be much more of it in the future.
    4. Literacy. Learn the word. Love it. Because I do. I'm not going to go all grammar Nazi on you, just please... please... respect the English language... After all. Good grammar is the difference between helping you Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse. I will behave. Until i 2ee 2hiit liike thii2. OR SHIT LIKE THIS. I do not want to feel like I am being screamed at through text. I, however, will not murder you for one or two misspellings. Everyone makes mistakes. I understand this. Just, like I said. Please don't abuse the English language. It is a beautiful thing.
    5. One liners are the enemy. Can we have at least a paragraph? Is that too much to ask? If I see a single sentence post, I will go beyond flipping my shit. I understand writer's block is a common issue, just please don't drop below three sentences.
    6. If you have read these rules in their complete glory, please put "Master is the Enemy" in your character sheet. If I do not see this, you do not get accepted. Plain and simple. I will tell you that you can have a place once you've read the rules.
    7. All characters must be approved by me before joining the role play. This is to prevent stupidity and, once more, to prevent shit flipping.
    8. There will be some screwed up shit in this RP and I don't want to mentally scar children. If you are not prepared for this, LEAVE NOW.
    9. Only two characters per person. That's it. No more. We're not having the RP revolve all around one person and their gazillion characters.
    10. If you are gone for more than a week without giving me a valid reason before you disappear, you will be removed from the RP. We're not all waiting on one person, we want to keep moving. If you are going on vacation or something tell me before you leave.
  • THE CHARACTER SHEET

Name-
    Gender-
    Age-
    Act-
    Veteran or New-
    Appearance-
    Deformity-
    Information- (Relevant backstory such as how they were taken, as well as key personality info)
    Relationships- (it's possible to develop this as you play, it's the bonds between all the characters)

• ACCEPTED CHARACTERS

• IMPORTANT LINKS

We also now have a DISCORD SERVER! YAY! So, to pop in and say hello please direct yourself here~ CLICK ME

If you would like to request to join our elite little group of crazy misfits, please drop a character sheet HERE and await review.
    Don't forget the rules and please respect our veterans.

Killian.pngLocation: Lab/Private Quarters
Interactions: Morticia @DANAsaur

He could practically feel the sun outside and he hated it with a passion. It meant his night of fun was over. It meant he'd need to wrap up soon with the last addition of the night. This many in one night had been quite the task indeed, not to mention the conclusion of his latest experiment. As much as he hated to admit it, he couldn't have done it without help. He'd entrusted his first creation to his dear doctor and assistant while he had gone out to see if anyone else could be found. He was then fortunate enough to find a nice pair to bring along and start work on, dismissing Meric for the night once he'd returned and took up work himself. He thought that was it, but oh was he happy to be wrong on this count. As the morning hours began to close in on them, still a few hours before the sun rose, Meric had brought him a delightful surprise.

Magic danced across his fingertips as he rushed to finish his signature piece of the night. As the sparks of his work began to wane, he ran a finger down the carefully curved horns that sat atop the head of his newest devil darling. He allowed a manic grin to creep across his face. Ah, the nostalgia! Her black hair was too short for his memories, but her eyes! They were the exact same shade of blue. That color that glittered like the depths of the ocean, drowning you when you stared at them for too long. He chuckled. Karissa was almost completely identical to her elder sister at this age. How he could barely contain his joy when she'd been brought into the lights of his lab and he'd realized who she was. Thank goodness it had been so dark and that the teen had the hood to her maroon shirt pulled up or he might not have her in his grasp right now.

It was even better that his assistant had been the one to bring her to him without the slightest clue of her identity. Part of him wished he'd be in the dorms himself to witness the chaos that was to unfold this morning. "Tonight we've done very well, my darling doctor." His mismatched eyes flickered from the girl before them to Morticia who had worked into the night at his side.

He looked as if he might say more when the teen began to stir below them on the table, a groan of pain pouring from her lips as she immediately tried to reach for her back. Killian tsked and rested a gloved hand on her head, the red glow from it stilling the girl and causing her to go limp once more with a soft whimper. "Ah, ah. Not yet. Sleep for just a little longer..."

Once she had stilled, the click of his fingers echoed around the confines of his lab. The burst of magic lingered around them for a moment before vanishing with his latest edition in tow. Stretching his arms above his head, his back let out a satisfying pop. He was overtly pleased with how everything had come together this evening. Nothing could be more perfect. With a wave of his hand, the door opened and let in the rays of the sunrise peeking over the trees. Killian descended to the grass and closed the door to his multipurpose room with a click once Morticia had exited.

"My darling, you've done such good work tonight." Killian smiled, his pointed teeth poking over his lower lip as he did so. "Have a treat today. One of the performers are yours to do with as you will as long as they're not one of my Allstars, yes?"

Without waiting for a response, he headed towards his quarters. As soon as he was faced away, the smile dropped from his lips. His hands shook ever so slightly before he finally reached his door. With a wave of his hand and the illusion of the door never moving, he was on the other side. With his back pressed to the door, he heaved a heavy sigh. Another pulse of energy poured off his being, revealing a shimmering disguise. His hat tipped off his head by black horns that curled tightly against his skull as a trio of triangle shapes appeared beneath his right eye. Under sleeves of his shirt a matching pattern appeared around his wrists and along his ankles underneath his boots.

A sharp look at his dresser and his day clothes were replaced with a loose white tank top and black sweatpants. Black lines were visible along the portion of his spine that were exposed by his new attire. He rolled his shoulders as if relieved from some invisible weight he bore. While exhausted, he was far to sharp still to even attempt sleeping. Thus he made his way to the window seat by his bed, beckoning an old book off one of the many shelves lining his room.

• Love
Reactions: Phi Chisym
Aveline.png
Interactions: Any

Aveline leaned carefully against the cold wall. Her head tilted slightly with each new sound, trying to pinpoint the locations of everyone in their prison. There had been a performance the previous night so she knew from the routine that there had to be at least some newcomers... He always made sure of that. With each new town they visited, he would be sure to bring in a new act or two.

Silencing her own breath so she could better hear, she tried to get a read on where everyone was by their breathing rate and heart beats. How many were even awake by now? Even still, what time was it? She knew she slept like a rock the night before due to how harsh her performance had been. It had to be about time when the doors would crack open and Meric would be in to let them out for the day. When the dorms would light up for all except her.

She raised a hand to gently trail across her bandages and heaved a small sigh. If only she had waited and been more careful. Honestly she didn't even know why she wore these bandages anymore. It's not like her eyes bled often or very much. She absently wondered if it was to hide the sight of them from others. Did they truly look so horrible now?

Another sigh escaped her as she turned her focus back to the sounds among the stone room. One new heartbeat. It was loud and clear. It had to be a new one. One to replace the one they'd lost over the night. The hummingbird-like flutter that indicated the young harpie twins that had been here throughout the week were gone completely. He must not have thought them good enough. They had been so young too.

Her gentle features pulled back into what could almost be considered a snarl. He'd pay. For all of them here. For all of them lost. She'd make sure of it eventually. Taking a deep breath, she smoothed out her facial features once more into a look of calm. There was a second heartbeat? It was so soft and slow she'd barely noticed it. Two in one night? No... three?! That was even worse.

Were they talking? If she focused enough, she swore she could hear whispers... or hisses? She shut out her rampaging thoughts of horror and anger to try and listen. Perhaps listening would help her understand what was going on. It did her well up until now.

• Love
Sable.png
Interactions: Cassia, Any.

Fuck, his head hurt. So did his tongue... and teeth. Even his eyes for that matter. Not to mention he was freezing. He swore it wasn't this cold outside earlier. Earlier... His foggy mind tried to focus on what he was doing before now. That's right, he'd had a knife to the throat of this pretty little priss in one of his back alley shortcuts. He'd wanted her purse and her jewelry, even if she had laughed in his face and insisted that robbing her was pointless. Then... Nothing?

Forcing his eyes to open, they rapidly adjusted to the darkness as he glanced around warily. Some in cages, some in chains. Hell, he was chained up too! Right next to...

Golden eyes stared into his red ones as they widened in recognition. "You!" He tried to shout, but his voice came out in a lowly hissed whisper. "What the fuck did you do?!" In his anger, he was failing to notice she was chained up as well. Held by her wrist considering her legs had been replaced by a golden snake tail.

Even though she hissed and clicked at him in response, he somehow knew she was demanding to know what the hell he was talking about. An expression of shock passed over her face as her hands flew to her throat. Another hiss, this one stuttered. She thought that couldn't be her voice.

"Hate to break it to you, princesssss, but I'm pretty sssure it issss." He hissed his response back to her. Sable nearly laughed as her expression turned to one of horror. Her hands trailed delicately down her body from her throat until she reached the scales starting at her waist. If she hadn't been hissing, he was positive that would have been a despaired wail as she curled up tight in the corner. "Not ssso high and mighty now."

He got a series of broken clicks and hisses in response. The blonde bitch was obviously panicking and flipping out. Even saying that his skin was grey and scaled and his eyes were red. He merely hissed out a laugh. She was just trying to make herself feel better, right?

Almost hesitantly, he raised his hand up so he could see it clearly. A few scales dotted the back of his greyish colored hand. He hissed a curse. Looks like they were both in this mess. "Jussst becausssse we're both fucked over, don't expect me to be nice to you, bitch." His red eyes slid over to glare at her curled up form.

Her attempted reply caused him to chuckle. "Nah, I don't think they'll underssstand you. And I ain't playing telephone either."

• Love
Cassia.png
Interactions: Sable, Any.

Her golden eyes had fluttered open much sooner than the male's next to her. As much as she hated to admit it, she found herself in unfortunate circumstances more than she would like and was rather quick to assess her situation. There were others here with them. Sleeping in this stone prison of sorts. Cassia could feel the chain digging into her wrist and didn't dare try to move it at the moment for risk of waking everyone. After all, who here was friend or foe?

And then the dick from the alleyway started to stir. And to think he hadn't believed she wasn't worth robbing. It's not like her jewelry was real diamonds or gold. Costume shops were good for things like that and she had appearances to keep up. As for money, the prospect made her laugh. She almost dumped out her purse and asked him to let him know if he found anything of worth so she could pawn it. Yet she hadn't. She never got the chance.

The next thing she knew, his red eyes were glaring into hers. His eyes hadn't been red before. Nor had he had fangs. It also looked like the grey tint to his skin wasn't just the dim lighting.

"You!" He hissed at her, his voice low and scratchy unlike the mocking growl it had been previously. He sounded almost like a snake. It suited him. "What the fuck did you do?!" He'd demanded. So, he thought this was her fault?

Frustration washed over her in waves 'I don't know what the hell you're on about! I know about just as much as you!' She scoffed only to be met with a series of hisses and clicks. Her eyes widened as her hands flew to her throat. That sound. That horrifying hiss. That couldn't have been her right? That wasn't her voice! 'T-that wasn't me... That's n-not my v-voice...'

"Hate to break it to you, princesssss, but I'm pretty sssure it issss." He replied, positively brimming with delight at her horror. If they had done that to him... What had they done to her? Ever so gently she allowed her hands to run down her body. Everything felt normal except for she knew she hadn't gone out last night in a crop top. And then she felt it. The transition was so smooth from her soft skin to cold scales.

Glancing down at herself, she just about shrieked in dismay as she curled into the corner. What have they done to her?! How was she expected to live like this?! She'd barely been able to live before now! "Not ssso high and mighty now."

How was he not freaking out?! 'Haven't they seen what they've done to you? You're just as bad as me! Grey scaled skin and red eyes...' Came her hissed retort to him. Cassia watched as the realization spread across his face and he lifted his hand before his eyes as if he didn't believe it unless he'd seen it for himself.

"Jussst becausssse we're both fucked over, don't expect me to be nice to you, bitch."

Her golden eyes peeked out at him from behind her hair. 'D-do you think the others here will be able to understand me?' She asked him almost tentatively.

He only chuckled in reply. "Nah, I don't think they'll underssstand you. And I ain't playing telephone either." At his reply, she hid her eyes once more. Looked like she'd be facing this the same way she'd faced everything in her life thus far; alone.

• Love

Meric Donovan:
The Magician

This night held mixed emotions for the young assistant, more so now than ever before.

The beginning of the evening offered a once-in-a-lifetime jovial arrangement – to aid his Master Killian, and the beloved Doctor Morticia, in their – improvement experiments. Such an opportunity was never offered to him in the past, for reasons unknown to him, for he's quite knowledgeable in biochemistry… Meric doesn't have the foggiest idea how he'd come about that knowledge, but he's grown quite fond of it since The Ringmaster finally acknowledged it. Without it, he would have never been allowed to partake in last night's revelry. Meric was able to watch his Master and the lovely doctor work, to sift from their know-how and get his hands bloody for once.

The entire evening was exhilarating, especially during his break when he bumped into another innocent nosey-body wandering around the barriers that hid their happy home away from the prying eyes of the world. The Ringmaster was overjoyed – more so than normal, which barely made Meric flinch. However, something began to stir in the back of his fuzzy mind. It wasn't quite familiar, but confusing – a side effect of oblivion. It happened when he looked at the newcomer he handed to Killian. It didn't make any sense to him, but he could have sworn that Killian's blood pressure rose with excitement.

The urge to remain in place to understand the reasons why Killian was so thrilled about this last-minute catch almost caused Meric to break his good behavior and play the defiant child. When Killian released him from his duties for the second time that night, Meric fought against his wants and did what he was told. So, with a nod to his master, and a soft peck against the doctor's knuckles, Meric took his leave.

"Ah, tonight is glorious," Meric's glossy red eyes lifted to the bright moon above as he spoke, seemingly to no one. "I had such a good time! Our new ones are amazing creations, and the fair doctor couldn't be more brilliant. But, you don't care about any of that, do you?" But there was someone there… There's always – someone there.

Following in the shadows, he knew, would either be that walking mass of bullshit, Deutsch, the psychotic tin man, Jack, or that other new killjoy with the knives. Meric didn't glance over his shoulder. Eventually, he'll be able to tell who was tailing him tonight to ensure he – behaved. Now, to tell the truth, Meric didn't hate Killian's three bodyguards. No, he was quite impressed with them actually. Nevertheless, his anger stems from their Master's reasoning for them to be around.

Scoffing to himself, Meric took his sweet time walking to his empty tent across the silent circus grounds from The Ringmaster's private tent. It bothered him, why The Ringmaster didn't trust him but trusted the dumb Minotaur and the robotic Gunslinger. They were practically joined at the hip – unwillingly – but still; he can sense the man's emotions and thoughts at times. They were practically Twins! How can he NOT trust him? Oddly so, but that's how it is. And because of this, The Ringmaster keeps those creepers around…

As Meric reached the center of the grounds, with only a few steps to go to reach his door, the cocky angry attitude began to fade along with the bright red in his eyes. His confident strut began to falter as his head swirled like he was just stepping off a Gravitron ride. Grabbing his head, Meric's steps slowed but he kept on moving forward. This… was typical; the side-effects of being away from his Master, after an extensive connection, and the strong magnet that kept one side of him above the surface. The further he moved away from the two, the more he returned to his – normal self.

"UUHHHFFF!" Meric fell against his door with a hard thud, panting in pain as his world flipped with nausea and guilt. This is the part he dreaded the most… "H-Help me...inside, would you? If you don't mind..." It was easily noticed that Meric wasn't the same person that left The Ringmaster's tent that night.

Inside his dorm, the tent was dimly lit with various low lanterns, and the sounds of an old cuckoo clock clicked softly in the background. Books of all sizes wrapped the walls and towered on tabletops, magical items of all sorts hung off of shelves or poured out of several trunks around the room, and a small crystal ball sat in the center of a circular table like an altar of worship. Meric's abode was an organized mess - showing its owner to be truly lawfully chaotic... Or just far too busy managing the run of an entire carnival practically on his own...

• Love
Reactions: Azazel

Marietta Rosewood:
The Marionette Doll

Everything was shrouded in dark coldness, a hardened gloom not produced by nightfall. Confusion set itself quickly. Just moments before, she faintly remembered the visions of sun-drenched waves upon waves alighting her eyes, brushing a lighthearted smile upon her face. Now, she was drowning in a void of benumbed puzzlement after awakening to this horrid revelation of her abduction. All she can recall was hanging out at the beach with her friends... and Marcello... Yea, he invited her and her friends over that day to explore a new cave he'd found and just picnic and swim the day away. They spent that evening at the new circus that arrived not too long ago, and a day later they were out at the beach again for a campout. Between now and then, she could not recall what happened, but it was quite clear that she was no longer camping in a cave with Marcello and her friends.

Okay, the guys have done it this time! Hell, I hate it when they play games...

All Marrose could recall was wandering in total pitch darkness down the cave, trying to find a way out, until someone touched her, scaring her to no end, and placing a voice and a vision to her new nightmare.

"You've mine, Puppet!" The laughter that followed carried her into a fearful slumber. And now, she's waking up to see just what that voice meant by 'Puppet'.

Marietta's form shifted lazily under a dusty burlap tarp tucked around her. She moaned briefly as she struggled to resurface her foggy mind out of the drug-like state she was in. Collecting her weakened mind, she tried to reach her face with her hand but could barely move. That's when she realized something didn't feel right. Eyes adjusting to the dimly lit room, Marrose found herself sitting in a pile on the dusty ground, with her arms at her side - numb as if her nerves were severed. With a slight whimper, she looked around to find other various piles of 'people' in a variety of predicaments. Her equilibrium began to whirl.

They were all - different, all tainted by some oddity that made them seem more like a novelty freak show at a twisted carnival than human beings. That voice... he did say he'll...fixed me! Panic-stricken more than she already was, Marietta began to pull herself up taller to stretch her sore body but she couldn't do anything but watch the burlap slide off her body.

Her feet were bare and her body covered in a short, handmade bag dress, simple and tattered. She gasped when she noticed the bloodstains around her ankles and knees. Glancing at her arms, she realized the horrible construction of them - as if all of her joints were taken apart and replaced with...doll joints? The stitches were still freshly knotted around them and were slightly swollen; probably infected. She tried to twist her ankles to see if she could move them, but it barely flexed. Regardless, that tiny shift caused the most agonizing pain to shoot up from them. That's when the tears began to fall...

After assessing herself the best way she could, Marietta found all her newly hacked-out doll joints, which explained why she felt so light-headed still after being awake for so long. She wasn't sure how her face looked, for there wasn't a reflective surface around for her to check, or get to for that matter, but she knew she wasn't the same girl anymore... The aching in her jaw told her that much. That monster, whoever he was... He did bad things to them all!

Teetering against the wall she sat near, Marietta tried her best to calm her tears, not wishing to look weak or vulnerable before anyone. This is a time to be strong before danger, to look it in the face and give it a good right hook. Unfortunately, that wasn't what she was fighting for now. Keeping her calm the best way she could, Marietta took deep, smooth breaths - attempting to not have an asthmatic attack. There's no way her abductor knew about her health issues, or where her meds were located... This wasn't the time to panic!

Looking closer at her swollen wrist and ankles, she noticed a strange string coming from them... They were literally going through her skin. There was one at the top of her knees and elbows too, and as she looked up above her where they traced, she noticed that they vanished into nothing... It didn't take long to put two and two together...

I'm...a...a...marionette! What a horrible, horrible pun to her name... Did her kidnapper know how she's feared such toys all her life? Or how kids use to make jokes about her name when she danced? She gasped, feeling the tension and pain in her body boil over with an exuberant amount of anger, hate, fear, and sadness. How in the hell is she going to get out of this? If she's some sort of puppet - who was her puppet master? Looking around while drying her eyes, she listened to the others in the room. She missed a lot of the conversation if she could call it that... she wasn't sure, but really she didn't care. She wanted to learn more about what happened to her. Did they have answers, or were they just as lost as she was?

"Hello? Can you tell me... where I am? Wha-hat happened to me?" Marrose couldn't turn her head to see where the voices were coming from. Besides the pain, she's realizing she has minimal to no control of her body at all. It was the most frustrating and frightful situation she's ever been in.

Last edited:
  • Love
𝕛 | Jack Deltorre | 𝕛
Interaction: Meric (@Phi Chisym)

Indeed there was someone following Meric, and no, he did not in fact care about the revelries of a lunatic. The silent sharpshooter was trailing after their warped attendant, ensuring that he didn't wander or dawdle. This was one of his more preferred tasks due to its simplicity. It usually wasn't the cause of any flip flopping emotions that would steal his voice away.

The usual transformation began once they were halfway across the grounds. The faltered steps, the loss of sharpness. In this state he'd come to imagine Meric as a drunken deer. Stumbling about with his more lanky build, maybe a newborn giraffe would be a kinder comparison. Jack was not kind, however.

As they reached his quarters, a small sigh escaped the sharpshooter. The deer fell down, what a shame. The fact that his emotionless tone had penetrated his inner voice was vaguely disturbing, but he didn't reflect on it. Best left forgotten.

He steps forward and, through no wasteful movement, hefted Meric back up to his feet by his armpits. His metallic grip was not the most gentle, but it could be far worse. He resituated his hold on Meric, looping his arm over his shoulder and keeping one hand at his hip to keep him steady. He opens up the door and proceeds into the room.

For all his prim and proper, the place looked like a mess. But Jack figured that the way Meric dressed was just another aspect of control shown by the Master. Still, it was difficult to imagine the drunk deer in sweatpants.

He escorts Meric to the closest seat, picking up a small wastebasket that he spotted along the way. No movement was wasted with softness. He plunks Meric down in the seat and drops the basket in front of him with a harsh metallic clang. He manages to stop himself before he turns to head back out on his patrol. He tilts his head in an inquisitive manner, his lips moving in form of a question.

No sounds escaped his throat, however. He'd given a child a good little spook at the performance, having pretended to be a statue and surprising the kid with movement. His voice had gotten messed up… again… when he almost laughed.

His attempt at communication is cut off by a darker expression and motion returns to him, carrying him back towards the door.

𝕄 | Maxi Milou | 𝕄
Interaction: Anyone

The soft chitter of Maxi's mandibles was often the only sign to the others that he was fully asleep. His 'bed' was a patch of floor next to Harmony's tank, as close to it as his chains would comfortably allow. His breaths were shallow and hitched, a deep ache running through his chest that managed to pierce his mind through the feverish haze and exhaustion.

Last night's performance had pitted him against the Minotaur, and left him battered but still alive. It wasn't any act of mercy.

Movement caused his weary mind to lurch into gear, his green eyes slowly cracking open. His massive pair of second arms move as much as their bindings would allow, the small shift at least getting part of his back to crack and relieve some of the tension.

Hissing. A new woman. How many idiots got caught in the snare this time?

Laying there in his haze wouldn't get him the answers he wanted. He pulled himself up using the chain on his good arm, his mandibles chittering from the effort. The cold air on his side was an instant relief.

Spotting the three new faces at once, his question was answered. He doubted any would last long.

Meric Donovan:
The Magician
3d887146aeee0447bd1f3788534f35b4.png

Interaction: Jack Deltorre

Head twisted around the night he just participated in - as his worse half - the sickening visions of what he did, the things he said, his whole demeanor... Meric was on the verge of losing what little was in his stomach. It was the first time, that he can recall, of The Ringmaster allowing 'him' to participate in his demonic - improvement experiments. Never has Meric experienced the sort of demented bliss his other half felt throughout it all. The repercussions of such twisted delights now twisted his insides with guilt and disgust.

His escort was - shockingly - so kind to maneuver Meric to the closest seat, picking up a small wastebasket that he spotted along the way. Jack plunked him down and drops the basket at his feet, just in case. Meric had to pause to take a slow, struggled breath, glancing up at the awkwardly kind gesture from his not-so generous colleague. Due to Meric's cursed connection to the Ringmaster, many of the other 'unwilling victims' are not comfortable trusting him or aiding him in any way in fear of being noticed by their psychotic owner. Meric understood and tried his best to maintain his more likable side around the others... Nevertheless, though he and the metal sharpshooting escort had acted this play many times, he figured by now the metal man rather chunk him over a cliff instead.

Meric caught the tilt of the shiny man's head through his water-logged eyes and noticed his unnatural lips move with no sound - voicebox on the fritz again. Meric wondered what he was attempting to say, but figured he wouldn't be too thrilled about it.

"Thank... you," Meric was able to mumble between his lips as he leaned forward to prop his head into his hands - resisting the urge of being sick before his escort. Once Jack left his dorm, and the door was fully shut, Meric couldn't hold onto his reserve.

After giving way to his twisted stomach, Meric gingerly made his way to his sink, washing his face and cooling off his fevered brow.

"We've...got to get...out of this shithole, one way...or another," Meric's reflection was pale; eyes were hollow and lost like two pools of gloom. Four years - that statement was still easier said than done, but he wanted to change that.... just didn't have the foggiest idea how. So far, their three other attempts were failures - one fatal and the other cause a fate worse than death. Meric closed his eyes and shifted away from the mirror; his guilt fighting with his urgent need to continue forward. He only has two hours before sunrise. There were so many chores to do before practice... and now he has to incorporate rehabilitating and training new recruits.

Knowing what was on his plate for the day, Meric quickly washed and dressed for chores. No time for rest this time... As the moon began its bedtime ritual, Meric began to magically manage his daily routine before it was time to awaken the performers and run them through their tasks and rehearsals.

Interactions: Marrietta (@Phi Chisym), Any/All

Pain split through her skull as a soft groan escaped her lips. While her eyes were still closed to the world around her, Karissa knew that something was terribly wrong. She could feel the weight of the chain the bound her wrist to the wall she leaned against, hear the breathing and... clicking? of others in the room with her. Something wasn't just wrong in this situation. Something straight up didn't belong. Shifting against the wall, she could feel the cold of it biting into her wings and her tail twisted painfully underneath her.

Wings..? Tail..?!

Her blue eyes shot open, an unfocused and hazy ocean staring out at the unfamiliar dorm as her breathing sped up in a panic. Around her she recognized performers from the circus she had been to the previous night. After that she had left her friends with an excuse as she decided to search the circus grounds. Something about this place didn't seem right and it drew her in. The angel that so resembled the last visions of her sister. After she'd set out on her own, she remembered sneaking along some concrete building and then... nothing.

Karissa tried to even out her breathing. Panicking wouldn't get her anywhere and she had managed to clam herself down from several panick attacks before now, why should this situation be any different..? Tucking her legs underneath her, she carefully pressed against the wall so she could rise to her feet. Despite the shock of having them, she managed to pull her wings in close to her back in a way of keeping them safe, her tail just happy to be freed from her weight. Casting another glance about the room, it barely seemed like anyone was awake. Only those she didn't see perform last night were making any kind of fuss. Were they in the same situation she was? Waking up somewhere new with new... additions?

"Hello? Can you tell me... where I am? Wha-hat happened to me?"

Tilting her head, she spared a glance at what looked like a doll on the floor. Karissa couldn't help but to wince. Surely the poor girl hadn't started last night like this. "It looks like we had one hell of a night." She replied, shifting on her feet and giving an experimental tug at the chain. When it didn't give, she let out an annoyed huff.

A low hiss emitted from one of the cages. "I feel like that'sss the underssstatement of the sssentury." If she squinted she could see red eyes glowing within the cage bars, seeming more pissed off than anything. A more frantic hissing came from behind him that he was quick to shush. While Karissa couldn't understand what was being said, it sure told her there was more than just his annoyed ass in the cage, something she took a mental note of.

Planting her foot against the wall for more leverage, she gave another tug at the chain. Her efforts only succeeded in eliciting a low noise of pain from her as she almost popped her wrist out of place.

With a sigh, she decided she'd figure it out later and dropped back to sit cross legged on the floor, being careful not to sit on her tail. "Unless any of you can get out of your bonds, I think we're pretty much stuck." She leaned her head against the wall and stared blankly at the ceiling.

"We stopped trying to get out of our bonds a long time ago. Compliance and patience is your friend here." Lifting her head again, she scanned for the owner of the voice only to see the dark angel from the night before. The one she had tried to follow back stage.

Karissa audibly scoffed at the idea. "I prefer chaos and rebellion. It tends to get results." It was hard for her to make out the other girl's features in the dim lighting of the room. The memory of her sister bubbled to the surface of her memory, but she was quick to push it down. While she was eager to know, she wasn't about to show her entire hand right now given she didn't know much of anything about this place.

• Love
𝕄 | Maxi Milou | 𝕄
Interaction: The Newcomers, (@Phi Chisym, @Azazel)

Did the ringmaster keep Aveline's eyes in a fucking jar? It was dark in here, sure, but Maxi had eight keen eyes and recognized that blue. He felt a spark of rage in him, old and familiar, his fist clenched tighter around the chain that just wouldn't give. Seeing Harmony's tank, he comes back to himself. The anger that made his blood run even hotter eased just enough to keep him from snapping on the end of his chain.

"If you want to get yourself killed or tortured first, then rebel away. I'm sure the ringmaster will get a kick out of it." Maxi says with a sharp snap of his mandibles, his tone kept low to at least try and avoid disturbing Harmony. His cold green eyes look between all of them in a harsh assessment, wondering how much his words would sink in, or if they would turn against him for stating the facts. Aveline wasn't singing her song of freedom just yet, maybe he'd be spared that part of his aggravation.

This devilish newcomer was young, foolhardy, didn't seem to understand the scope of what they were dealing with. He shifts his stump into clear view. "Take a good look. You might last a little longer if you start learning now. Understand? This is where rebellion gets you. That, or you wind up dead like those you're replacing. Learn quickly, for your own sake."

His main pair of eyes focus on the grey skinned… scaled man next. "Watch your language in front of the kids, they don't need to hear it." He inclines his head towards the fish tank to indicate what he was talking about.

Adrian pops his head out from under the water. "You curse too, Mashi. Remember when you fumbled that weight during rehearsals a couple days ago? I think I learned three new curses just from you." He says with a sly grin, knowing that Maxi couldn't reach his side of the tank even if he wanted to.

Maxi levels a glare on the no longer newest person in their shitty situation. Point absolutely missed.

• Love
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Dr. Morticia Crevan

Interaction:
Minotaur (@Phi Chisym)
The sinister doctor known as Morticia bowed her head at the Ringmaster's words, hiding the pink tinge on her cheeks behind her blue hair. She simply did her job: following orders and making sure to do her tasks perfectly.

"Thank you for the kind words." She replied with her head kept down out of respect, not daring to look up at her master until she heard his words about a treat. That is what she needed after a long night working. "I'll make sure that this reward will be enjoyed thoroughly."

After watching her master leave, Morticia let her silver eyes gaze at the rosy morning sky. The sun was almost out. Hence, she only had a little time to make preparations.

Morticia made her way to her tent and sat on top of the many coffins loitering around her private space. Most who's been invited to her room would think that they're at a funeral parlor, But to the doctor extraordinaire, this is her home. This is where she spent most of her days: the place where she can be her own true self; without any pretense.

She then snapped her fingers to call for a soul. Immediately, the emerald ring on her left index finger glowed brightly as a ball of white light appeared right in front of her.

"You know what to do." She murmured tiredly, not bothering to watch the soul float around the room to light the melted candles around her before settling on her tea warmer to heat up the concoction she brewed earlier that night.

Morticia then lazily removed her high-heeled shoes while grabbing a bone-shaped biscuit out of an urn, pouring herself a hot cup of tea afterward.

The plush velvet lining of the black coffin across her was beckoning her to sleep though she resisted the temptation. She had far more important things to do. There was no time for her to sleep.

Though there's still time for her to enjoy her morning tea.

The sinister physician almost moaned. The hot liquid filled her mouth, sending warmth all throughout her body. Today would have been a perfect day to relax though she knew that was impossible. After all, there's no rest for the wicked.

As she thoroughly enjoyed her cup of tea, Morticia thought of the Ringmaster's words. Who should she play with? She was warned to not play with the All-stars. Hence, her choices are limited. Her initial preference was the sea creatures, specifically the sea cucumber though, she had an inkling to choose someone different. Someone stronger.

"Perhaps a puppet? " A gleeful smile slowly graced her lips. The thought of breaking her brightened her day almost immediately. It was enough to send shivers of pleasure down her spine.

Terribly excited, the doctor took one last sip of her tea before grabbing her intricate silver ax. It was time for her to have her fun! Perhaps wreak havoc along the way.

Morticia entered the performers' tent silently. She was making her way towards her target when someone else caught her attention. A soft smile graced her features as she approached her new found target.

"Good morning, dearie. " Morticia greeted a beloved toy: the living minotaur named Deutsch. "Wanna help me pick out someone to toy with?"

• Love
((Summary Post))
Marietta Rosewood:
8c1fe474fb83a9edaad2aa7dccae4ea5.jpg

The Marionette Doll

Interaction: Everyone in Tent

"Hello? Can you tell me... where I am? Wha-hat happened to me?"

Marrose couldn't turn her head to see where the voices were coming from. Besides the pain, she's realizing she has minimal to no control of her body at all. It was the most frustrating and frightful situation she's ever been in

"It looks like we had one hell of a night," a female voice replied across from her. Unable to contort her neck around for her eyes to see, Marrose instead had to rely on her hearing. Shuffles and the rattling of chains in the same direction reached her for a second before another, a more menacing male voice, cut through with a low hiss.

"I feel like that'sss the underssstatement of the sssentury."

This voice grew goosebumps across her... wooden flesh, like moss. Tears began to fall in silence as a genuine fear took over her senses. Her eyes were able to lift high enough to catch the glow of beady red eyes from across the poorly lit room. There was no telling what was attached to that tone - whatever it was, she had no defense against it.

More chains echoed in the room, and more activity from other forms began to awaken the place with life. Marrose wasn't alone... and, if those chains indicated anything, she wasn't the only victim... A ton of questions raked her pounding head, but she wasn't sure if asking them was appropriate at the moment. Was she among trusting company? If they were all prisoners, surely a guard stood nearby... Was it safe to talk?

"Unless any of you can get out of your bonds, I think we're pretty much stuck," the same female voice before her sparked. Marrose listened as the conversation began, and as far as she could figure, the few that spoke were acquaintances.

"We stopped trying to get out of our bonds a long time ago. Compliance and patience is your friend here."

This was a new voice, softer in tone, female, young but wise and patient. Marrose's eyes strained to follow, finding a young woman sitting in a fuzzy touch of daybreak. Her face was obscured by something, but she couldn't quite make out what. However, that was irrelevant. That woman's statement struck more fear in her, and a heavy doom loomed over her disheveled form. Marrose's silent tears released soft sobs and heavy breaths of sorrow about what she's fallen into. All she could do was listen and attempt to maintain a steady breath.

"I prefer chaos and rebellion. It tends to get results."

"If you want to get yourself killed or tortured first, then rebel away. I'm sure the Ringmaster will get a kick out of it."

More voices responded with discourse, this time from a male voice that seem to echo slightly within watery white noise. Marrose really forced her neck around this time, feeling her stiff "muscles" pop against her actions... if you can call it that. All she found in her investigation was a large, clear tub... No, a tank, full of water and marine vegetation - a little seaside oasis.

"Take a good look. You might last a little longer if you start learning now. Understand? This is where rebellion gets you. That, or you wind up dead like those you're replacing. Learn quickly, for your own sake."

Marrose gasped. The realization of that guy's words defeating her attempts to remain calm. The others .. they've been here for a long while, and that girl's voice with the chains - she was a - replacement; they both are!

That echoey male voice continued on, warning another about their language in front of "the kids"!

~Oh, no! There are children here too?!~
Marrose almost lost her composure at the thought of children being kidnapped into such a horrid nightmare like this! Her head swarmed and threatened to blackout, but a new tone caught her attention because it didn't sound heavy with dread or warnings. Instead, it was more of a tease. Whoever these people are, they were so comfortable in hell that they even mockingly spoke to each other like all is normal.

"You curse too, Mashi. Remember when you fumbled that weight during rehearsals a couple of days ago? I think I learned three new curses just from you."

Finding an opportunity and the courage to speak, Marrose croaked, "What... rehearsal? What's rebellion? W-what is this place, and... h-how long have you guys... been here?" She was breathing heavily; more nerves, anger, and sorrow than pain ravaged her lungs. A small puddle of tears formed under her face, mixing with the dried blood and dirt on the floor. There was no way she could keep a dry face now - Marrose was flustered in the worse way. Her body ached, her head pounded, her lungs burned, and all she wanted to do was sit up and meet these strangers face to face. As of now, they were all she had left in the world - the only lifeline she held that can keep her alive until... What? This group forewent the idea of escape... Survival then? But she didn't want that. She wanted home and friends... Freedom! The tears were followed with a hitch or two in her breathing but she held steady as much as she could until a deep, nasally growl rumbled in the room, sending a shockwave throughout her body.

Avris "Deutsch" Dutch:
The Minotaur/Bodyguard

Deutsch was sick of hearing their bellyaching, especially the timid whimpers coming from that wooden chew toy. He had to shut them up, cause his ears were hurting and he wanted a snack. The large minotaur stepped from his dark corner of the tent after his billowing wake-up call. Large hooves seem to cause an earthquake as his heavy steps fell. He moved into the light, so the new members could get a good look at their future end. He gave everyone a good, long stare, almost begging them to say another word or peep of sound. He wanted to rest after his long night's watch, but they talk too much...

He didn't know what time it was, but he knew it would be a moment more before he was cleared to leave for the day. Jack might come, but he didn't fucking care if he did nor not. Hachi won't cause it wasn't his job to babysit. Meric will be there soon to let him go, but the circus manager refuses to give him back scratches or snacks before bedtime. He can't stand Meric for that but obeys him regardless.

Giving one last irritated huff, the mighty Deutsch began to slowly head back to his corner, but the door to the tent opened slightly, and the sweet scent of death reached his ringed nostrils. The beast turned to find Dr. Morticia stepping inside. It was obvious to him that she was looking for something to do. When her attention reached him, the large, intimidating brute almost turned into a little puppy right before their eyes, but he held his demeanor before the others. He's got a reputation to uphold, after all.

"Good morning, dearie".

Deutsch respectfully bowed his horns, ~Morning, Doctor~, his thoughts touched her mind as an odd smile crossed his frothy muzzle. If anyone noticed, it was a creepy sight.

"Wanna help me pick out someone to toy with?"

A gleam of delight and his tail wagged unconsciously, ~Always, Doctor~. Deutsch stepped to the side to allow the Doctor to pass, only to follow her steps to guard her... as if she really needed it.

Last edited: