Japanese Animal Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kairia

Original poster
So I've been playing Animal Crossing: Wild World, but with a twist...
tumblr_npfvgvt9mY1r1sxfno1_400.png

And I'm stuck on this translation here:
2hx0glx.png

The Kanji I'm having problems with is 今. I know it means "now/present" and is pronounced いま but I'm not sure how it's pronounced in that sentence or even what it means with って added to the end. I tried a Google search but I'm having no luck with any answers.

I'm not sure if there's anyone here who speaks Japanese but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well basically I think the full sentence he's saying is "It's currently May the 18th 2015, right?" or something like that, but I can't remember ever seeing 今って, which kinda annoys me because i feel like I should now it, lol. Maybe it's a dialect thing? :s

Reactions: Kairia
I get the context but I'd love to know what it actually means or how it's spoken. I'm making an Anki deck of all of my translations so I can study it. It's driving me crazy!

All the google translate things make it into "I now" in different variations. Is it possible to get the rest of the passage? That might help in figuring it out.

Here's the next piece of text confirming the date and time? I get the gist of it but I want to know for sure. I'm using this game as a study guide.
EDIT: It looks like って is can be used as a way of relaying what someone else has said. So for example if I said ”愛してるって” it would mean "he/she said I love you."

25qszuh.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.