Japan. What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Winsconsin, the biggest problem is the roaming gangs of Cow Calvary.
Moose Cavalryman reporting in. I am ashamed that our american brethren have turned to cow riding. No wonder they went rogue.

Cows are obviously the moft efficent form of travel, carrying a sustainable milk supply for those long raids.

You can milk Moose. They just really don't like it.

... No, okay but f'real tho. Are you going to have someone or a group to travel with in Japan? You gonna have to be brutally honest with yourself and ask if you really do have a hard time saying no to people or anything of that nature. Because pick pockets and scammers don't really give a shit, they will rob your ass blind because you're just another clueless, bumbling gaijin on their turf. Especially if you plan on visiting the really metropolitan areas like Tokyo.

Stick to the main streets, don't go down alleys, side streets, dimly lit areas no matter how much more "quicker" it would be.

Speaking of dimly lit areas: STAY IN THE LIGHT, literally. If an area isn't lit well enough for you to make out the outline of your nails on your fingers swerve the fuck away.

Stay where other people are. This has the disadvantage of getting Artful Dodger-style pickpocketed but at least there'll be witnesses. The advantage is that you're in a group and scammers or other like-minded low level criminal scum evaluate how easy it will be to separate you from others to cajole you into doing whatever.
- Sidenote: Difficult though it may be, try to look like you know what you're doing. Scammers and swindlers use "Oh, are you lost? I can help you find xyz!" as a way to get in your good graces... before they rob you.
- I mean, if you've ever been to a major city, especially like New York and managed to not get 1)Hopelessly lost 2)Robbed of every cent 3)Guilted into paying L train performers or whatevs, you'll do fine.

FIRMLY say "No thank you," to shit that you feel in your gut ain't right. Godspeed if you're at a souvenir shop with a particularly pushy auntie manning the register. Also, make sure it's a knick-knack that won't break in your bag when you go home. You will forget it somewhere in you insist on hand-carrying it all the way back to the States.

Not to ruin your trip or some shit but this pretty much goes for visiting any place that people have "dreamed" of going. De-romanticizing the place works wonders and decreases heartbreak when you stop thinking of shit like, "Oh xyz would never happen to me in Tokyo because... well, it's Tokyo!"

But mainly: Have fun. And keep your purse in the front.

... Holy Shit a Koori post I understood! :3

Status
Not open for further replies.