↽яєтι¢єит⇀ ⌈яσℓєρℓαу⌋

D

:Deleted:

Original poster

Sook Soo-Yun

Emory Li City was embedded in a musky black night as midnight struck past. At such dark hours, the people of Emory learned to lock their doors, hoping it would keep out the malicious predators waiting in the shadows. Who, or rather what the predator was, no one knew for sure. It was as if the city was plagued by a bad omen that people were wary even to whisper about. They speak of rumors of a strange creature lurking about;. Some who have claimed to have seen it -and lived- say it appears to be some sort of shadow, maybe even a demon. One thing is known for certain: There are extraordinary beings among us.

It was specifically the night before classes begun at Emory Li College of Excellence. Many oblivious students would move into the dorms without knowing the dangers that crept in the shadows of the city. A particular student of ebony hair and a glare that could kill was exploring the property around the campus. Whether he knew not of the rumors or if he just didn't care wasn't known. Either way, he'd soon be a believer of those myths.
A tall, smokey silhouette of a woman crept up behind him, long shadowy claws gripping around the corner of the alley. It crawled down the wall and began stalking closer, etching closer on all fours. Though it made no noise, the boy seemed to recognize a presence behind him. He turned, then there was a flash of blue fire.
The creature shrieked in pain as the flames caught its arm. It's ominously beautiful emerald eyes seemed to cry black tears as it shriveled back, gripping its right forearm. As it laid on the concrete sidewalk, the black misty form seemed to suddenly disappear. All that was left behind was...Drops of human blood where it had cowered moments before.

Soo-Yun had suddenly appeared back in her dorm room, biting her lip to keep the shrill screams from waking up any sleeping students. Tears dripped out of her brown orbs which flickered with bright emerald. She held her singed arm to her chest, tears soaking her pillow as she dropped onto the mattress. Her conscious turned black as she fainted, blood dotting her sheets as she shook with quiet whimpers as she slept.
The next morning, Soo-Yun woke up with a particularly grueling headache. It took her a moment to realize the events that occurred the night before. She sat up, yelping as the sheets stuck to the dried blood on her arm. With a grimaced squeak, she ripped the ruined sheet off her arm along with some of the scabbing. The burn mark began to bleed again. Her tired eyes glanced over to her alarm clock. 9:37...Shit...I'm so late..., she silently cursed. She would have rushed if she wasn't so exhausted from sleeping through her multiple alarms. After bandaging up her arm with the first-aid kit located in the bathroom, she sluggishly got dressed and tried to cover her dark circles with makeup. It worked, partially. Well, as long as no one stared at her face from inches away, they probably wouldn't notice. After dawning a long-sleeved shirt to cover the bandages on her arm, she scooped up her skateboard and headed to class.
Once the already-moody woman entered the 9:00 a.m. class about 45 minutes late, she received momentarily curious glances from the students and a smart remark fro the professor. She brushed it off and took a seat beside the window in the back. The last half of the class made no sense to her due to how ridiculously tired she was. Whatever...I'm horrible at math anyways...
After nodding off the entirety of the lesson, Soo-Yun jumped up as the professor loudly dismissed them. With a groan, she got out of her seat, scooped up her possessions, and headed for the door. She was about to drop her skateboard and head back to the dorms for a nap, but she had barely made it two feet before crashing into someone due to her sleepy attention span. "Ow...Fuck....Excuse me..." she mumbled with a slightly irritated sigh.
Picking herself up to her knees, she began to pick up her books when she glanced up at whoever she just toppled over. Her skin paled. It was a tall boy with black hair, dark eyes, and an expression that could scare away anyone. Usually, she wasn't easily intimidated, but this guy was definitely familiar. Her mind flickered back to the previous night before she frantically attempted to mount her skateboard again. She didn't even bother to pick up the rest of her pens. Her sleeve drooped a bit as she held tightly onto her notebooks, revealing the sloppy bandages on her right forearm.

Last edited by a moderator:

MYKYTA T.
really, he should have known better. although mykyta was new to the area, he hadn't failed to brush up on his geographical history before making the move to emory li city. he was well aware of all the strange happenings at night, but mykyta was confident that he could ward away whatever it was plaguing the city.

mykyta was merely checking out the city after hours. as someone who wasn't a fan of people, engaging in activity after the world had gone to sleep was a favorable environment. nobody who would fucking piss off mykyta so late at night. it was peaceful until he picked up on the figure tracking him through the dark. he never got a good look at the figure, instead leading it into an alleyway before spinning for a surprise attack, the vibrant blue flames bursting to life on his palms.

aiming the blast at the dark creature, mykyta's lips twisted into a wild, victorious grin at the shriek of pain that the creature uttered upon being burned by the fire wielder's power. before he could near the dark mass and inspect the wounded stalker, the creature vanished in a misty cloud of darkness. edging toward the spot where the beast had once crouched, cowering, mykyta merely spotted several drops of fresh, red human blood. scoffing loudly and turning violently on his heel, he stomped out of the alleyway and back in the direction of the university dorms, adrenaline pumping through his veins and making sleep difficult.

-​

waking the next morning, mykyta was almost late for his class. he rolled out of bed and shuffled into clothes, almost forgetting his backpack full of heavy textbooks before taking his mountain bike to his first class of the semester. he made it in time and seated himself toward the middle of the large classroom, attempting to pay attention despite his exhaustion. mykyta perked up at the very late appearance of a classmate, but his attention span drooped once more as she took a seat near the back.

with the ending of class, mykyta began to collect the various papers and utensils he had brought out for the class into his backpack. he was disappointed with the lack of notes he had taken, clenching his jaw in determination to pay better attention even though his brain continued to wander in sleepy disobedience.

as the fire wielder began to follow the flow of students out of the classroom, a smaller figure roughly bumped into his solid frame from behind as the sound of thick textbooks hitting the floor reached his ears. mykyta's mood instantly soured at the cliche turn of events. his eyebrows knit together in an irritated scowl as he rounded roughly to face the person who had knocked into him.

"watch where you're fucking going, yeah?" mykyta growled, watching the girl - who he quickly realized was the one who had shown up late to class - collect her books. when she looked up at him, a strange look to fear flashed through her eyes. mykyta got the feeling that he should know who this girl was, but it didn't hit him until her sleeve slouched and revealed messily done bandages on her arm. the same arm that mykyta had scorched on the dark creature the previous night.

fire flashed in mykyta's eyes and he roughly grabbed a hold of the girl's other arm, careful of her injury despite who she could be. dragging her out of the way of the crowd of exiting students, mykyta brought her close to his chest, his aura absolutely seething. "you wouldn't of happened to ruin a student's nighttime walk last night, would you?"

Sook Soo-Yun
Soo-Yun nearly dropped her textbooks again as she felt a firm yet careful grip on her left arm. Her foot would have slipped from under her from the skateboard's inertia if it hadn't been for the male's chest catching her. A gut-wrenching feeling welled up inside her as his suspicions were made clear. She swallowed her nerves inaudibly and furrowed her brows, attempting to mask her fear with anger. A brief flash of green snapped across her dark eyes, so quick that one might even think their own eyes were tricking them.
"For your infor-fucking-mation," she sneered lowly, yanking on her arm to try and free herself from the man's grip. "I haven't the slightest clue of what you're talking about. You better be careful making accusations like that around here, prick." She shook her injured arm a bit to try and subtly allow her sleeve to fall over the bandages once again. Her irritated orbs never broke away from his glare, though she still could hear her heartbeat pacing in her throat. "Everyone knows it's dangerous to walk outside at night. Why the fuck would I be stupid enough to do that? Like every other student around here, I had unpacking to do. Now do me a favor and let go of me. It's rude to grab a girl like that." Her tone was hissed quietly through scarlet-tinted lips, daring him to press further on the topic. One might even think she was threatening him. However, her nervousness peeked through her intimidating stature as she tapped her nails on the textbooks she held. As they leaned on her sloppy bandages, the pressure caused a small spot of red blood to trickle from the stained bandage and drip off her wrist. Noticing a wet feeling on her skin, she glanced down to her right arm and cursed under her breathe.
"Can't we hurry this up? My doctor said I had to change these bandages every couple of hours, and you're wasting my time. Instead of crawling around at night fucking up someone's property or whatever, you could have been a gentleman and helped someone with their unpacking, hm? Maybe I wouldn't have broken shit then." Soo-Yun pressed. The guilty woman had turned the blame onto him, hoping it would cause him to defend himself rather than press further into her business. Especially knowing what this man could do, she couldn't risk him finding out about her.."Talents." Hell, it might already be too late for that.

MYKYTA T.
damn, she covers herself good. i'm not fully convinced of her story, but i guess i have to let it slide for now. watching the strange girl skeptically, the heat never left mykyta's eyes as the girl returned his heat with the same level of energy. shoving his hands aggressively into his pockets, mykyta glowered at sooyun with the most distrusting look to ever grace humanity.

"by all means, see to it that your bandages are changed," he practically sneered, gesturing to the emptied hallway now that the students had exited the classroom. "i'm not holding you back." shoving roughly past the girl, mykyta vowed to get to the bottom of whatever was going on, and especially who this suspicious stranger was. he had a feeling she was dangerous.

for now, mykyta had to focus on his studies, as they were his first priority. he didn't move to emory li city for no reason, after all. refusing the urge to flame some nearby happy little flowers, mykyta stomped down the hallway without looking back to see what sorry state the girl was left in. the challenging fire grated on his nerves, even after he was out of her presence and mykyta couldn't let go of it, grumbling incoherently to himself the entire walk to his next class.

Sook Soo-Yun
Bump! I wanted to let others have the chance to post c: