Iwaku's Very Special Fundraiser - Starting Friday the 13th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once in a life time fund raiser and this is what you chose? I

I could have been making game props and/or art for top donators and happily mailed them out.

Asmo absolutely agreed to this, otherwise Diana wouldn't be doing it. @Diana you should know me better than that.

And everyone else should know Asmo by now too. Lol.

@Beta

I don't mean to be rude, but I'm not dumb. I read the thing. It doesn't exactly answer my question.

Can we set like... stretch goals? You know, kinda like some other online fundraisers? Hitting a certain dollar amount threshold adds x number of days to the ban?

If not I will set my own >:]
Where's my one dollar equals one day stretch goal?

@XxX미친세상, He's the guy with the goat face holding a ritual knife o.o

• Useful
Reactions: Beta
Well, if there is such a 50-50 split, why not have two fundraisers? One to increase the temp ban, the other to reduce it? This way we all get to keep out 'morals' and make the monnies to bring back groups

I think people are objecting more to the public spectacle of it than the ban itself

Jussayin

I can't say I read everything posted here, but no. This is wrong. Making other people pay so you can ban someone else? BAN???? You can do that even without the money! Sure, a rare opportunity, but a stupid idea, imho. I mean come on! Are you recruiting people for some sort of crime syndicate? Because this feels like you are asking the whole community to group up, corner a guy and punch him in the face like right little bullies. Sure, Asmo can be a friggin' nuisance sometimes, but he has given this place so much.

You are the admin, Diana! If he is such a pain in the ass, use your position of power. I don't agree with this idea. I don't like it and I am ashamed that it has even been posted and thought of in the first place.

I think people are objecting more to the public spectacle of it than the ban itself

Jussayin
And yes, I personally don't like public shaming. If this is a private thing, it should stay private.

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I donate this post.

Well, if there is such a 50-50 split, why not have two fundraisers? One to increase the temp ban, the other to reduce it? This way we all get to keep out 'morals' and make the monnies to bring back groups

I have been thinking about this as well. If you're confident that Asmo is such a big problem, he'll probably get banned regardless. Meanwhile, people who feel Asmo has more value to offer can 'vote' with their money. Though this will literally turn it into a popularity contest...

Aside from all that... Though I understand this move, I'm frankly disappointed by the vigilantism shown by some of the staff members in this thread. I had hoped that the new staff had inherited enough of the dignity and grace of the old staff to not "Hammer in the nails of the coffin" so to speak. As long as we're going to do this... Let's at least make it clear that, necessary or not, it's sad to see Asmo go this way, however temporary.

I can't say I read everything posted here, but no. This is wrong. Making other people pay so you can ban someone else? BAN???? You can do that even without the money! Sure, a rare opportunity, but a stupid idea, imho. I mean come on! Are you recruiting people for some sort of crime syndicate? Because this feels like you are asking the whole community to group up, corner a guy and punch him in the face like right little bullies. Sure, Asmo can be a friggin' nuisance sometimes, but he has given this place so much.

You are the admin, Diana! If he is such a pain in the ass, use your position of power. I don't agree with this idea. I don't like it and I am ashamed that it has even been posted and thought of in the first place.
Diana and Asmo knew each other for quite some time as Asmo was the admin before Diana took his place, and Diana even said she has high respect for him. With that said, you have to understand their sense of humor :P I'm not claiming I know everything, but I've been a member of Iwaku long enough to know to never take these two seriously. This isn't publicly humiliating someone who can't be publicly humiliated, this is friend stepping, telling him to take a step back and analysis his behavior and conseques to said behavior, and having her own fun at his expense as he given permission to do so. Like it had been mentioned before: Diana would never do this to a random member, nor would she have done this without talking it over with Asmo himself.

• Love
Reactions: dreamthief
No matter what choice was made about what we should do with Asmo, SOMEONE was going to be pissed off. Whether you believe Asmo is the greatest person on the planet, or the hugest douche in the universe. >> Here is a guy that was a staffer to Iwaku even before I was. Who was a fantastic admin. Is a super awesome person to the people that know him. But here is also a guy that has continuously broken a LOT of behavior policy. Attacked and abused people, sometimes justly sometimes not. Often things that we ban MOST people for right on the spot. I fully 100% admit that he probably should have been banned a couple years ago during any number of these moments. And I fully 100% admit that often he wasn't because of his history on the site and because of any number of other excuses that are fair, but are probably not worth it. These are things HE knows and HE has even called out.

It's easy to say just ban him. It's easy to say just let him do his thing. .__. Do a temp ban. Do a partial ban. Do it private. Do it public. Do nothing and see what happens. It's easy to judge what should and shouldn't be done, up until you are the person faced with making a decision that is going to affect ten years worth of site history and people that you care about. It's not easy to decide to ban ANYONE, let alone someone with as much history as Asmo.

I decided to go the RISK MY LIFE AND REPUTATION BIG BANG way. >> Asmo is the kind of guy that has always done things BIG on Iwaku, so why not let him go out in a big way too. We get to have FUN with this with someone who is on board and understands. How often does THAT ever happen? .__.

I apologize to all of the people that find this shady, morally repugnant, and super not cool, no matter which side of the fence you sit on. I get your reasons, I really reeeaally do. You do not have to participate and I completely understand if this hurts your trust in Iwaku, the admins, and myself.

But sometimes, I gotta be naughty for Iwaku. >:/

Diana and Asmo knew each other for quite some time as Asmo was the admin before Diana took his place, and Diana even said she has high respect for him. With that said, you have to understand their sense of humor :P I'm not claiming I know everything, but I've been a member of Iwaku long enough to know to never take these two seriously. This isn't publicly humiliating someone who can't be publicly humiliated, this is friend stepping, telling him to take a step back and analysis his behavior and conseques to said behavior, and having her own fun at his expense as he given permission to do so. Like it had been mentioned before: Diana would never do this to a random member, nor would she have done this without talking it over with Asmo himself.
I am aware of all that to be honest. I have seen the two interact before as well and know Diana wouldn't just go and do this without talking to Asmo first. I just don't find this humour funny, nor do I appreciate it. It migh work as an incentive to boost up donations, but I think it is the wrong kind of incentive.

Last edited:
Am confused, about this whole backstory?
What happened to get him banned? Or I have I miss read this? lol

Oh @Asmodeus you lovable tard! Ilium could have protected you!

Reactions: IceChateau777
@The Returner, Well then don't follow this thread? Just because they're having fun with it doesn't mean we have to.

@QueenObscure, he's being Banned for being Asmo x3 Though in all seriousness I don't think he did something precisely, I think it's more his behavior stacked up and pissed off a lot off people. This is Diana's quirky way of letting everyone get back at him.

Banning me WOULD be kind of nice. O__O I could go start my own site that is teenager-free and only filled with dianacandy charries of hot dudes with beards.

Grumpy is my replacement! 8D
I suspect I would be doing an intervention and restoring the site to another domain name within a week.

I suspect I would be doing an intervention and restoring the site to another domain name within a week.

Only if I don't cut you in on the money from selling private information to the Chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.