- Roleplay Invitations
- Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
- Posting Speed
- A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
- My Usual Online Time
- Anytime, I have no life.
- Writing Levels
- Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Douche, Adaptable
- Genders You Prefer Playing
- Male, Female, Transgender, Androgynous
- Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
- I'm fine with both, but I have hard time with others using my character(s) without my prior consent. If the other player is unsure, I will have more of an aggressive style.
- Favorite Genres
- Fantasy, romance, slice of life, anti-hero stories, "you're our only hope", fandom non-canons, soft scifi, transhumanism, magical girls, horror, suspense / mystery, monster girls, fractured fairytales
- Genre You DON'T Like
- Roadtrip style, already-planned-out adventures, rigid GMs.
Hello, Iwaku people!
Welcome to our bi-monthly event, Iwaku's Sunday Tunes! This event is hosted by yours truly on plug.dj twice a month. For each event, we have a theme and they will be listed as their respective day approaches. You are also welcomed to use the room whenever you want.
Everyone is invited to join, either to listen to music or to listen AND play music! That's right, everyone can be a DJ. I've prepared a tutorial below to help you set up a playlist. There are a few simply rules:
- Stay in theme: we want everyone to be able to enjoy themselves, and staying in-theme contributes to that! It's okay if it's not your favourite genre, there will always be another plug that you can attend.
- Maximum 10 minutes: Some songs are really. really long! Therefore we are limiting the song length to 10 minutes maximum. If your song is longer than that, it will be skipped after 10 min by a moderator present. You can also self-skip at any time!
- Respect Iwaku rules: We're all here to have fun, listen to music in a relaxed environment, and chit chat. Heavy topics (like politics) are best kept out of the plug.dj chat. Remain respectful and polite!
- Hosts/Managers/Bouncers: There are different roles on plug.dj and they all have purple names! Only Iwaku staff will have purple names. They can skip other DJs' songs, kick, ban, and a plethora of other things.
- Trolls songs: Please avoid troll songs unless they're indeed in-theme.
Sunday April 15 @ 15h00 EDT (GMT-5)
Theme: Local Gems
Sunday April 29 @ 15h00 EDT (GMT-5)
Theme: Hidden Gems
Sunday January 7 @ 15h00 EDT (GMT -5)
Theme: Karaoke This!
Sunday January 21 @ 15h00 EDT (GMT -5)
Theme: 60's Wave
Sunday February 4 @ 15h00 EDT (GMT-5)
Theme: Love Is In The Air
Sunday February 18 @ 15h00 EDT (GMT-5)
Theme: 70's Groove
Sunday March 4 @ 15h00 EDT (GMT-5)
Theme: Disney Songs
Sunday March 18 @ 15h00 EDT (GMT-5)
Theme: Irish & Drinking Songs
In the next tabs, you will have a tutorial on how to set up to participate in plug.dj! The next post will contain more details on how to make a playlist.
Once you click on the link, you'll get a few prompts to show you around. If you want to see avatars dancing and all that, make sure to select AVATAR MODE:
If this is your first time ever, you will be in Guest Mode. This means you can chill around and enjoy, but you won't be able to participate much more than that.
When all the prompts are done, you will be able to Sign Up (bottom arrow). You can sign up with Facebook or with your email. Personally I prefer Facebook - it's non-invasive and you don't have to remember your password. You can choose your username as well, it will NOT display your real name from Facebook!
Now that you're logged in, you can start enjoying the additional features.
The yellow arrow at the bottom: click on there to change your avatar. More details on how to get additional avatars will be explained in the next tab!
The orange arrow: Woot: to make your avatar dance, and basically give a +1 to the currently playing song. Grab: save this song on a playlist; personally I've made a playlist "New things" for new songs I wanna save and not lose in my ten million other playlists. Meh: the opposite of Woot, a thumbs-down to the song playing.
The red arrow: this is where you will start making your playlist! Check out my next post to see how it's done.
You're all set now! Head to the next tab for more details on where to find the nitty-picky details on Plug.DJ's features.
Remember when you clicked on your Avatar at the bottom of the page, in image #4? Here's what you'll see.
In the yellow rectangle, you have you total Plug.DJ points. Experience points are gained through wooting, DJing, and simply being present in an active Plug.DJ room. There is a cap for daily Plug.DJ points, so even if you stay 24/7 in a room it won't go higher faster.
The red arrow shows you the different "styles" of avatars. They're set in Level order (which you increase with the EXP gained) and while some are free, others need to be bought using Plug.DJ points or even with real money. You cannot buy an avatar that is of a higher level than your current level.
In this next slide, you can see where you are able to buy avatars. You can also buy Badges, which are the little icons next to your name in the chat.
The orange arrow shows you where to go to buy them, and the red arrow shows you which categories you can choose from. The required level for each is also indicated.
When you click on My Profile, you can track your levelling up, set a status, and see what's up next for the upcoming levels. You can also see how much Plug.DJ points you have.
You click on Back to Community to return to the currently playing music video!
Okay, this following image is a level higher than the other stuff! Here you'll see how you can favourite a community and be sure to always have access to it, through mobile and when you don't have the link handy.
See the purple star to the left of the title of the song currently playing? When it's full like this, it's when you've favourited a community. If it's the outline only, it's not favourited.
By clicking on the Plug.DJ logo on the top left corner, you have that pop-up menu on the side that slides up. Click on Communities. You will then see a bunch of Public communities by anyone who uses Plug.DJ. You won't find IwakuRoleplay, because it's currently set as a private community (accessible through link only). Public communities can be joined by anyone.
If you click on the FAVORITES (green arrow) tab, you'll get the list of all the communities you've favourited along with any community you've created. You'll see a preview of what's currently playing and how many people are active at the moment.
Important note: if you are using the Plug.DJ mobile app, you must have favourited a community to be able to join it. Unless that's changed in the recent past.
- Show all