Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Questioning/Undecided

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • Other: Please tell us!

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in an awkward spot. I'm not questioning since I know I'm not sexually attracted to guy parts, but simultaneously I'm not very sexual to begin with, but not so much as to be asexual. Also while I have a male body, and have no plans to change that, I'm still extremely feminine by American standards and consider myself female gendered. I'm technically heterosexual since biological sex is male, and I'm sexually attracted to exclusively females. Though if you take sexual attraction out of the mix, I've enjoyed going on dates with guys. I can even imagine myself raising a family with a guy. So, what is it called when you feel exclusive sexual attraction, but it isn't prevalent enough to have a significant effect on who you'd select as a mate?
I'm just gonna take a jab and guess "Bi-romantic Heterosexual/Homosexual (Hetero if you go off biological sex, Homo if you go off Gender Identity)" for the sexuality, and Transgender (But not Transexual) for Gender Identity.

Also if you're that curious I had a LGBT+ question lately also, and then I got pointed to this site which helped shed a lot of light on it.
... Apathy? Why does it need a label? :ferret:
It helps/comforts some people to know the name or term for something about them.
Though I do agree with the sentiment that at the end of the day people are still people.

Last edited:
@Brovo Sometimes labels help people make sense of their identity, understand that they aren't alone, etc. Again, it's only important insofar as it is helpful to someone and unnecessary if it isn't.
I suppose. I just tend to the KISS model of thinking and believe that after a sufficient number of categorical permutations, that it can be ascribed to personal taste. Stuffing everyone and their every tiny individual component into an organized box feels... Odd, to me.

Still, a satisfying answer. Thank you.

@Brovo Subcategories can be more helpful than you might think! I didn't think asexuality could apply to me at all until I started reading up on its subcategories. I realized... "Woah. That sort of explains all this stuff that I've been so hung up on."

There were certain expectations I had internalized and associated with sexual/romantic identities that were keeping me from being comfortable with myself. It's difficult when certain behaviors are assumed to be innate and you just don't exhibit those behaviors, yet you don't fit into the other known category either (strict "doesn't have sexual desires" asexuality). Reading up made me realize that I am probably somewhere on the ace spectrum, in a way that actually makes sense to me and to other people as well. Similar to my attraction, I don't gravitate strongly to any one subcategory of asexuality, but knowing that there are different "flavors" and that I am in there somewhere really helped.

But no one should ever be stuffed into boxes. Self-identification is the most important thing for me. Unnecessarily rigid ideas about sexuality did me a lot more harm than good and are probably a large part of the reason that I'm not comfortable with any one label.

I'm surprised to see the majority of heterosexual people. It seems like everybody else have way stronger voices then o.O
That's usually how it goes. I guess this means there is a "silent majority" here on Iwaku?

Anyhow I'll humor the OP to say I'm attracted to the womenfolk with all the good assets and flaunts them but sexually driven for any sexual/romantic pursuits in life? Erm, that's quite hard to say, I guess that makes me asexual? I've had a few relationships go up in smoke so I'm complicated and women are very complex creatures. Not a good mix, that.

The posts you miss when you're tired.
I'm surprised to see the majority of heterosexual people. It seems like everybody else have way stronger voices then o.O
I'm honestly not.

They've done studies for it multiple times and about 80-90% of the population is Heterosexual.
So 'technically' it should be an even bigger majority, but then one needs to consider this is the Internet which acts as an escape/refuge from judgement in the real world.
But it allows one to be more open and expressive without attaching it to their face, or having it follow them into their day to day lives. Which comes in handy when you consider a lot of the Homophobia that goes (to the extent Gay Marriage is still illegal in some places, punishable by death in others), which only draws more of them to online communities.

Combine that with the fact that LGBT+ being such a secret in day to day life, they're probably pent up about it and want to express it somewhere at least? You've got yourself a very easy explanation as to why LGBT is 1) More vocal, 2) Are higher than studied averages when put to the poll.

Granted it's worth noting at least that Heterosexual get's 'some' hate, mainly from the online radical "Straight Privilege" crap, but the damage and ramifications for that is far smaller than the damage caused by both the legal troubles I mentioned above, and how some people are just personally homophobic, sometimes violently so.

Last edited:
I am attracted to women, but I prefer they remain clothed, thank you very much. [spoili]According to the labels that float around the internet, I appear to be able to summarize myself as a heterosexual repulsed.[/spoili]

I am attracted to women, but I prefer they remain clothed, thank you very much. [spoili]According to the labels that float around the internet, I appear to be able to summarize myself as a heterosexual repulsed.[/spoili]
I think the predominant terminology nowadays would actually be something like heteroromantic asexual.

I think the predominant terminology nowadays would actually be something like heteroromantic asexual.
Nope, I am definitely sexually attracted. The repulsed bit means the act of sex—as well as reproductive organs—I find repulsive, and do not want any part in.

... Apathy? Why does it need a label? :ferret:
When asked, my answer tends to be "bi/pan/queer/whatever." I don't gravitate strongly to any particular label. I often default to bi in the sense of "same and different genders," as most of the bi people I've met do. It definitely has nothing to do with the binary for me.

Romantic and sexual attraction is where it gets really fun (read: confusing as heck). But it's all good.

@☆Luna☆ If you desire labels, it sounds like you may be biromantic or panromantic but heterosexual. But honestly, labels are important only insofar as you feel that they fit and are helpful to you.

@Brovo Sometimes labels help people make sense of their identity, understand that they aren't alone, etc. Again, it's only important insofar as it is helpful to someone and unnecessary if it isn't.
Well, it is less about me needing a label, so much as it is an idea that makes answering these kinds of polls more difficult. Plus, if it had a name, I'd probably just go along with whatever a lot of other people already call it.

I'm just gonna take a jab and guess "Bi-romantic Heterosexual/Homosexual (Hetero if you go off biological sex, Homo if you go off Gender Identity)" for the sexuality, and Transgender (But not Transexual) for Gender Identity.

Also if you're that curious I had a LGBT+ question lately also, and then I got pointed to this site which helped shed a lot of light on it.
Sounds about right. Guess I'll go with that.

Sounds about right. Guess I'll go with that.
I would definitely double check though with someone whose more actively involved in the LGBT+ community.
Cause although I have bothered to invest some time in learning the terminology, I'm not by any means an expert on the matter.

That and to repeat some advice from the site I linked before.
It's not as if you give yourself a term/label and are stuck with it for life, if you find a term later on that works better and/or something about you yourself changes (or is discovered) so that it's no longer an accurate match you are able to switch it up.

I would definitely double check though with someone whose more actively involved in the LGBT+ community.
Cause although I have bothered to invest some time in learning the terminology, I'm not by any means an expert on the matter.

That and to repeat some advice from the site I linked before.
It's not as if you give yourself a term/label and are stuck with it for life, if you find a term later on that works better and/or something about you yourself changes (or is discovered) so that it's no longer an accurate match you are able to switch it up.
In the end,

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
XD I know.

I'm just saying that from a linguistic/terminology perspective. :P

@☆Luna☆ I understand that. Having something to call yourself that other people use does make it easier sometimes.

And eek, I totally misread part of your post, sorry. I somehow missed the part where you said your gender is female. In that case, I'd suggest homosexual/lesbian rather than heterosexual. Gender is more important than body here.

I tend not to even make a distinction between "sex" and "gender" because physical configuration is more complex than a lot of people realize, and I've encountered a lot of people who use the concept of "biological sex" to defend gross ideas, while I've encountered many transfolk for whom the idea is not useful. Others do make this distinction, though, and that's totally up to you. I think that is why I misread your post, though, haha. I read "male body" and thought "male" because in my natural line of thinking, if you're female, your body is also female, regardless of physicality. I just missed the last bit of the sentence. Again, my apologies.

I am straight. I like girls and that's all I'm into. I once had someone whip their dick out and try smacking me with it. They were in the hospital for several days, and I'm pretty sure they are no longer able to reproduce.

I really don't understand even a fraction of the "Internet-made" Sexual Orientations. They make no sense to me. And, not to be rude, but most of them can just be labeled as bisexual without further issues.

@☆Luna☆ I understand that. Having something to call yourself that other people use does make it easier sometimes.

And eek, I totally misread part of your post, sorry. I somehow missed the part where you said your gender is female. In that case, I'd suggest homosexual/lesbian rather than heterosexual. Gender is more important than body here.

I tend not to even make a distinction between "sex" and "gender" because physical configuration is more complex than a lot of people realize, and I've encountered a lot of people who use the concept of "biological sex" to defend gross ideas, while I've encountered many transfolk for whom the idea is not useful. Others do make this distinction, though, and that's totally up to you. I think that is why I misread your post, though, haha. I read "male body" and thought "male" because in my natural line of thinking, if you're female, your body is also female, regardless of physicality. I just missed the last bit of the sentence. Again, my apologies.
*giggles*, I think that the problem isn't in what I'm deciding to call myself, so much as I want people to understand how I want to be treated. There are always going to be people trying to push their views onto others, and they are going to do so regardless of what I call myself. I don't want to be arguing with these people what I should properly be called. I just want them to understand what I want and who I am without confusion.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I am bisexual but am to afraid to tell anyone face to face. I would like to have someone talk to me about it , especially with other bisexuals.:angel:

@☆Luna☆ People who try to tell you you're wrong about your own sexuality are entitled jerks and should be ignored wholesale. :P That unfortunately does happen, and it's pretty frustrating. It was also one of the stumbling blocks I had in settling on a label. I had internalized a lot of rigid ideas about sexuality and didn't fit any of them precisely, so it felt like I wasn't "allowed" to be anything. It's just in the past 5 or 6 years that I've gotten over that.

Since your goal is simply to be broadly understood, I'd go with the most basic and common definitions of words, but from within their own communities. And continue to ignore anyone who tells you you're wrong if most other people are getting it because no one tells the president what to do. :P

tumblr_inline_nigfd5Q9OI1r5tspx.png

This literally means no sense. How can you be sexually attracted if you're repulsed by sex?
Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it makes no sense. Y'know how asexual people have no interest in sex? Being sexually attracted but repulsed by sex is essentially being asexual while still finding people physically attractive. Ever found someone physically attractive despite the fact that you'd never ever want to have sex with them? Take that individual scenario and expand it to a systemic feeling about all women and you've got a rough picture (because I'm not inside his head and don't know the exact details) of what Holmishire is describing.

Picked heterosexual, though a bit closer to asexual as nobody ever seems to be, well, attractive at all. Half the time I think I'd be better off dating a doorknob.

Proud to be part of the straight male legacy 4eva

Status
Not open for further replies.