Iwaku's Pokemon Tournament -Closed-

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

F0X

cropped-random_pokemon_cover-474268.jpg

An Idea came to mind... "What if we set up a pokemon event for all the Pokemon lovers out there where you had to run a gauntlet of battles, going against different Iwaku members who were the Gym Leaders, and Finally the Elite Four and Champion!"

What this would be:

Iwaku members signing up to be Gym Leaders following the same rules as they do, picking a type and using pokemon of that type.
Iwaku members signing up to be an Elite Four Member following the same rule as they do, picking a type and using pokemon of that type.
Iwaku members signing up to be the Champion, making a balanced team to challenge the players.

As players:
Players who can complete all 13 battles will be put into a Pokemon Tournament, organized by me, to compete for a grand prize that I would decide on closer to the actual tournament itself. The first 8 players to complete the event would be entered into the tournament, and the victor would walk away with the prize and bragging rights of being Iwaku's champion!!

Rules About your TEAM
1. No Legendary Pokemon On Your Team
2. No Duplicate Pokemon On Your Team
3. No Duplicate Items On your Team
4. Teams are LOCKED and Cannot be changed once Submitted
4a. Meaning you pick 6 pokemon, and that is who you battle all gym leaders with, and who you will submit for the pokemon tournament at the end. Switching a Pokemon from your team Requires you to start the challenge all over again starting with the first Gym Leader.
5. Pokemon Base Stat Totals May NOT Exceed: 3,700
*Meaning of this rule is that the total of your Base Stats of all 6 of your pokemon cannot exceed the 3,800 Limit.
hW0JKFb.png
6. Your Team must comply with Kalos Battle Rules, meaning that moves and Mega-Evolutions must be found within the X/Y Games. This is the list of Mega Evolutions that can be used:
List
Mega Venusaur
Mega Charizard X
Mega Charizard Y
Mega Blastoise
Mega Alakazam
Mega Gengar
Mega Kangaskhan
Mega Pinsir
Mega Gyarados
Mega Aerodactyl
Mega Ampharos
Mega Scizor
Mega Heracross
Mega Houndoom
Mega Tyranitar
Mega Blaziken
Mega Gardevoir
Mega Mawile
Mega Aggron
Mega Medicham
Mega Manectric
Mega Banette
Mega Absol
Mega Garchomp
Mega Lucario
Mega Abomasnow
Games That Can Be Used
Pokemon X
Pokemon Y
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Pokemon Alpha Saphire
MORE MAY BE ADDED TO THIS POST

• Love
Reactions: Kye
@Moonlit Blade
It's okay! ^_^ I'm thinking of taking Grass. My first ever legit shiny was a shiny Breloom from Diamond, who also happens to already be battle ready, so it could be fun to work around that.

@Opal @F0X Okay! If that's okay with you, then F0X, could you switch me to Ground type for my Gym Leader position? That team is mostly done. Thanks Opal! You're a true Pokemon Master.

@F0X
You can put me down for grass! I'm working on a team right now that I like the looks of. :D

• Love
Reactions: F0X
The grind for a shiny Froakie is killing me slowly. If it has Torrent, I will cry.

... anyone want a 5 IV, naive Froakie with protean and toxic spikes? 8| I can throw them at you. Fistfuls.

The grind for a shiny Froakie is killing me slowly. If it has Torrent, I will cry.

... anyone want a 5 IV, naive Froakie with protean and toxic spikes? 8| I can throw them at you. Fistfuls.
I'd be quite happy to have one, why not! A trophy for all your hard work! ^.^

Sadly been reallyyyy busy. I probably won't be able to partake. D:

Been playing Pokken tournament. x_x Also my lease is up soon, so my roommate and I are in the process of moving to another suite. Same complex, so not far, but still need to pack up and move our stuff!

I have Weavile, Bisharp and Sableye all done. Also have my Venusaur and Breloom for the grass gym. Technically have Greninja done if I at any point decide to give up on my shiny dream haha. I'm just having trouble getting a female Tyranitar with a HA, since Pupitars only have Shed Skin regardless and I've been too lazy to level them up to see if they have it. D':

Sadly, I am going to be closing this thread down due to the fact that I don't have enough gym leaders to run it. That being said, due to popular demand, I will be creating another event for Pokemon Showdown, so everyone that suggested this idea and that I said I wouldn't be doing it, this is your chance to now laugh and rub it in. I am ready and willing to accept your humiliation, for I was most certainly very against the idea at first.

So stay tuned for the next event I'll be making soon!!

@Mahariel @Moonlit Blade @Opal @Aergia @Gwazi Magnum @Sen @Hospes @Xnijmai

That being said, due to popular demand, I will be creating another event for Pokemon Showdown, so everyone that suggested this idea and that I said I wouldn't be doing it, this is your chance to now laugh and rub it in. I am ready and willing to accept your humiliation, for I was most certainly very against the idea at first.
It's just how bluntly you shot everyone down for even recommending the idea, it was a little rude in my opinion how opposed you were to opening this to people who don't own a copy of the game or have time to rigorously breed a team.

I'll gladly join in and hype the re-vamp up if you can recognize that.

It's just how bluntly you shot everyone down for even recommending the idea, it was a little rude in my opinion how opposed you were to opening this to people who don't own a copy of the game or have time to rigorously breed a team.

I'll gladly join in and hype the re-vamp up if you can recognize that.
No, you are right, I was harsh/rude about the idea because I was indeed excited about the idea I had in mind. Thanks for you support.

HEY BUT THIS MEANS I CAN HAVE A MEGA SABLEYE >:)

Status
Not open for further replies.