Iwaku's Pokemon Tournament -Closed-

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

F0X

cropped-random_pokemon_cover-474268.jpg

An Idea came to mind... "What if we set up a pokemon event for all the Pokemon lovers out there where you had to run a gauntlet of battles, going against different Iwaku members who were the Gym Leaders, and Finally the Elite Four and Champion!"

What this would be:

Iwaku members signing up to be Gym Leaders following the same rules as they do, picking a type and using pokemon of that type.
Iwaku members signing up to be an Elite Four Member following the same rule as they do, picking a type and using pokemon of that type.
Iwaku members signing up to be the Champion, making a balanced team to challenge the players.

As players:
Players who can complete all 13 battles will be put into a Pokemon Tournament, organized by me, to compete for a grand prize that I would decide on closer to the actual tournament itself. The first 8 players to complete the event would be entered into the tournament, and the victor would walk away with the prize and bragging rights of being Iwaku's champion!!

Rules About your TEAM
1. No Legendary Pokemon On Your Team
2. No Duplicate Pokemon On Your Team
3. No Duplicate Items On your Team
4. Teams are LOCKED and Cannot be changed once Submitted
4a. Meaning you pick 6 pokemon, and that is who you battle all gym leaders with, and who you will submit for the pokemon tournament at the end. Switching a Pokemon from your team Requires you to start the challenge all over again starting with the first Gym Leader.
5. Pokemon Base Stat Totals May NOT Exceed: 3,700
*Meaning of this rule is that the total of your Base Stats of all 6 of your pokemon cannot exceed the 3,800 Limit.
hW0JKFb.png
6. Your Team must comply with Kalos Battle Rules, meaning that moves and Mega-Evolutions must be found within the X/Y Games. This is the list of Mega Evolutions that can be used:
List
Mega Venusaur
Mega Charizard X
Mega Charizard Y
Mega Blastoise
Mega Alakazam
Mega Gengar
Mega Kangaskhan
Mega Pinsir
Mega Gyarados
Mega Aerodactyl
Mega Ampharos
Mega Scizor
Mega Heracross
Mega Houndoom
Mega Tyranitar
Mega Blaziken
Mega Gardevoir
Mega Mawile
Mega Aggron
Mega Medicham
Mega Manectric
Mega Banette
Mega Absol
Mega Garchomp
Mega Lucario
Mega Abomasnow
Games That Can Be Used
Pokemon X
Pokemon Y
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Pokemon Alpha Saphire
MORE MAY BE ADDED TO THIS POST

• Love
Reactions: Kye
Fair enough.

I will say that using Showdown might be easier in the sense that not everyone owns the 3DS or the latest versions of Pokemon. However, you're right that the games hold more commitment and, in some sense, accomplishment(since you'd be using Pokemon you actually trained, yourself).
Yeah, that is certainly the point of it. While I understand that not everyone might have the newest version of pokemon, X/Y has been out for nearly two years. That is why I opened it to not just ORAS but to X/Y as well. And as said before, its not something I plan to rush, I want to give people time to train their pokemon as they see fit, and host the event at a pace that can be good for everyone. I am by no means expecting everyone to have their entire team done by next week or anything. So far my plan is to give a month to give everyone time to train the teams of their desire, maybe even more if needed!

Point is, I'd rather take the time to make this a fun constant event rather than a quick plug and play we can do in a weekend.

• Useful
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Many of the teams have been submitted!! Thanks everyone!! Just waiting for @Moonlit Blade to give me his draft.

We are most certainly use more Gym Leaders!! I'd love to see someone awesome take that last E4 position!! ^////^

Thanks to all my Gym Leaders and Elite Four Members for submitting your teams as well as finalizing them for those who have!!

I went ahead and made @Mahariel an E4 member, and staggered to members we currently have.

Whatever Gym's are not fulled by the end of the week, I'll go ahead and train and be open for! If a member comes along wanting to join as a gym leader, I can give up one of the 4 slots I have.

If anyone WANTS (like would enjoy making another team and battling more often) to take a gym leader slot, let me know and you're welcome to have access to one.

@Sen @Opal @Moonlit Blade @Yatagarasu @Hospes @R E I

Wow @Opal and @Mahariel are already taking second teams on!! You guys are awesome!! Again remember that these teams are tentative, I most certainly would rather have new members filling up all these slots!

Hey Fox. I might do Psychic as 8th Gym Leader. Have a team in mind that is also mostly done through past breeding.

GODDAMN. Psychic4lyfe. Whoever asked first should definitely get it. I'll look at other types.

Reactions: F0X
I'd go with Mahariel, just based on time. Fair is fair, haha. Hmmm. I'll have to have a look-see.

@F0X Okay, put me on tenatively for Fighting, as last Gym Leader, please.

Reactions: F0X

Thank you for those of you who took second Gyms!! If new members join to be Gym Leaders, we'll give them that slot! None the less, we need to post when people are going to be available for battling, which I am sure the time can change by the time that we have our teams ready and are all set to go.

I am thinking that if I give everyone til April 30th to have their team Battle Ready, that should be enough time. If EVERYONE can get it done sooner, that is great! That would be a month from when I first posted the thread, and hopefully is enough time for everyone! If not let it be known and I can extend the deadline, but I have faith in you all!!

@F0X
Let Moonlit Blade have Ground, it's okay! And Mahariel can have Psychic of course. :D Before I make my decision I just want to ask what Pokemon count as legendaries exactly? Would Virizion count as a legendary?

@F0X
Let Moonlit Blade have Ground, it's okay! And Mahariel can have Psychic of course. :D Before I make my decision I just want to ask what Pokemon count as legendaries exactly? Would Virizion count as a legendary?
Anything that says Legendary on the pokemon type. I'll make a banned list later today!

Edit: And its done!

Last edited:
@Opal You sure you don't want Ground? You picked it first, so it's definitely your choice. I am okay with either, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.