Iwaku's Pokemon Tournament -Closed-

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

F0X

cropped-random_pokemon_cover-474268.jpg

An Idea came to mind... "What if we set up a pokemon event for all the Pokemon lovers out there where you had to run a gauntlet of battles, going against different Iwaku members who were the Gym Leaders, and Finally the Elite Four and Champion!"

What this would be:

Iwaku members signing up to be Gym Leaders following the same rules as they do, picking a type and using pokemon of that type.
Iwaku members signing up to be an Elite Four Member following the same rule as they do, picking a type and using pokemon of that type.
Iwaku members signing up to be the Champion, making a balanced team to challenge the players.

As players:
Players who can complete all 13 battles will be put into a Pokemon Tournament, organized by me, to compete for a grand prize that I would decide on closer to the actual tournament itself. The first 8 players to complete the event would be entered into the tournament, and the victor would walk away with the prize and bragging rights of being Iwaku's champion!!

Rules About your TEAM
1. No Legendary Pokemon On Your Team
2. No Duplicate Pokemon On Your Team
3. No Duplicate Items On your Team
4. Teams are LOCKED and Cannot be changed once Submitted
4a. Meaning you pick 6 pokemon, and that is who you battle all gym leaders with, and who you will submit for the pokemon tournament at the end. Switching a Pokemon from your team Requires you to start the challenge all over again starting with the first Gym Leader.
5. Pokemon Base Stat Totals May NOT Exceed: 3,700
*Meaning of this rule is that the total of your Base Stats of all 6 of your pokemon cannot exceed the 3,800 Limit.
hW0JKFb.png
6. Your Team must comply with Kalos Battle Rules, meaning that moves and Mega-Evolutions must be found within the X/Y Games. This is the list of Mega Evolutions that can be used:
List
Mega Venusaur
Mega Charizard X
Mega Charizard Y
Mega Blastoise
Mega Alakazam
Mega Gengar
Mega Kangaskhan
Mega Pinsir
Mega Gyarados
Mega Aerodactyl
Mega Ampharos
Mega Scizor
Mega Heracross
Mega Houndoom
Mega Tyranitar
Mega Blaziken
Mega Gardevoir
Mega Mawile
Mega Aggron
Mega Medicham
Mega Manectric
Mega Banette
Mega Absol
Mega Garchomp
Mega Lucario
Mega Abomasnow
Games That Can Be Used
Pokemon X
Pokemon Y
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Pokemon Alpha Saphire
MORE MAY BE ADDED TO THIS POST

• Love
Reactions: Kye
Question. Must all the pokemon on your team be catchable in X/Y/OR/AS? Or as long as you can find a way to trade it in, is it fine?

Question, is this on Pokemon showdown? If so, I'll take a gym leader spot as the eighth gym leader with Flying Pokemon, please :D
This is not going to be on pokemon showdown, it will be on the 3ds.

Question. Must all the pokemon on your team be catchable in X/Y/OR/AS? Or as long as you can find a way to trade it in, is it fine?
Any pokemon that are within the rulesabove are fine. So if you trade a pokemon from black and white to your xy or ORAS game, that's fine.

Well...if I could ever find my Omega Ruby, I would of done E4 Dragon-Type, but their is already someone doing that anndddd I can't find Omega Ruby :c

Well...if I could ever find my Omega Ruby, I would of done E4 Dragon-Type, but their is already someone doing that anndddd I can't find Omega Ruby :c
There are still other options if you wanted! But, no worries if you can't find your game!

Then I cannot be a gym leader.

I suspect you'll have very little interest without Pokemon Showdown.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Then I cannot be a gym leader.

I suspect you'll have very little interest without Pokemon Showdown.
So far the people that have shown interest to me have been ecstatic about doing it through the games themselves. I want people to put in the effort to train as much or as little or as much as they want. I know it's easy to just "plug and play", but that takes away from the competition.

I'm just saying that by restricting it like this, I sincerely doubt you'll have enough people to even fill out the gym leaders.

So far the people that have shown interest to me have been ecstatic about doing it through the games themselves. I want people to put in the effort to train as much or as little or as much as they want. I know it's easy to just "plug and play", but that takes away from the competition.
I really don't see how it takes away from the competition.

For some people (like me, personally, for example), they'd like to win with a team they bred/trained personally. I personally get the appeal with both Pokemon Showdown and doing it via the game itself. But part of what Fox wants is to reward competitors who go all out with IV breeding and EV training. It adds a personal feeling of accomplishment when one can say, "Wow, I won with Pokemon I raised myself!" That's not for everyone, and most want to "plug and play," and that is fair too. Just explaining why I think Fox wants to try it this way.

• Thank You
Reactions: Mu and F0X
@Moonlit Blade hit it right on the money. It is going to be more time intensive for players to raise their team to beat, and get them the way they want. But that is part of the fun! If you don't want to go through with that process, then this competition might not be for you. I am going to give both gym leaders and players plenty of time to formulate their team, and I am starting this process now so it can be a fun thing people on Iwaku get prepared for. I know its not going to be as fast and simple as "plug and play" with Pokemon Showdown, but by all means, use that to draft your team or come up with ideas before hand! But, for the event itself both for players and Gym/E4 members, I am going to have it on the 3ds for either X/Y/OR/AS.

Update!!

To make sure that the X/Y only players are not going to have any problems, we will be using Kalos Rules so that there isn't any comparability issues.
48lszez.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.